Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4492970 - 10/15/19 07:47 AM The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day ....  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4492973 - 10/15/19 08:37 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
That post is a step in the right direction in winning back some of the communities anguish towards how the forums at ED have been moderated over the years.

NineLine himself has stated some of the bans were heavy handed.

Many people within the community have said they don't play DCS due to the way their posts were handled by the moderation team. Even reporting issues with modules resulted in warnings or bans.

ED have solved 1 issue by having a clean slate with banned members.

Yes there are many further issues stated by respected members such as Paradaz, Tom and other members who post here on a regular basis. I personally would like to see a time line of what ED has in the pipeline.

The apologies by ED to people for their lack of communication is becoming repetitive with each new person who states a "lack of communication" as their main gripe.

When will we see an estimated time line of releases or when released modules will be completed. Nick Gray mentioned several plans for the future. Can ED provide individual dates when this foresight will be reality within a specific time frame?

#4492995 - 10/15/19 11:51 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Nineline restored my account a few weeks ago smile

#4492996 - 10/15/19 12:12 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Oh, is the F-16 selling this bad?
Yeah, could see it coming to be honest.

#4493005 - 10/15/19 02:16 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Originally Posted by Winfield
That post is a step in the right direction in winning back some of the communities anguish towards how the forums at ED have been moderated over the years.

NineLine himself has stated some of the bans were heavy handed.

Many people within the community have said they don't play DCS due to the way their posts were handled by the moderation team. Even reporting issues with modules resulted in warnings or bans.

ED have solved 1 issue by having a clean slate with banned members.

Yes there are many further issues stated by respected members such as Paradaz, Tom and other members who post here on a regular basis. I personally would like to see a time line of what ED has in the pipeline.

The apologies by ED to people for their lack of communication is becoming repetitive with each new person who states a "lack of communication" as their main gripe.

When will we see an estimated time line of releases or when released modules will be completed. Nick Gray mentioned several plans for the future. Can ED provide individual dates when this foresight will be reality within a specific time frame?

You have to PM them if you are set at 100% warning (read this on hoggit)

It is not a clean slate though

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 10/15/19 02:50 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4493082 - 10/15/19 11:45 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

I'd be surprised if my ban was lifted.

#4493236 - 10/16/19 10:12 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Originally Posted by LOF_Rugg
I'd be surprised if my ban was lifted.

only one way to find out

#4493271 - 10/17/19 11:12 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

So they never banned anyone without a proper reason and people get unbanned now, makes sense. Forum rules have changed... [insert world's biggest lol here]

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4493322 - 10/17/19 05:41 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
cdelucia Offline
cdelucia  Offline

Pittsburgh, PA
I don't see the point:

1) Get un-banned.
2) Get on ED forum and ask about lack of A/G radar (which is what got me banned years ago).
3) Maybe ask about one current bug.
4) Get banned.

All in a day's work. . .

#4493374 - 10/18/19 12:00 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: cdelucia]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by cdelucia
I don't see the point:

1) Get un-banned.
2) Get on ED forum and ask about lack of A/G radar (which is what got me banned years ago).
4) Get banned.

All in a day's work. . .

Yea, but they can then un-ban you, see they're not that bad as it looks.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4493393 - 10/18/19 03:32 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: cdelucia]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Originally Posted by cdelucia
I don't see the point:

1) Get un-banned.
4) Get banned.

All in a day's work. . .

I can't see anyone getting banned now for what you are stating, if somehow you do, feel free to PM me about it.

#4495005 - 10/28/19 06:49 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Well as expected the new "lighter" touch ED forum moderation did not last long

case in point - > https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252408

wonder what reason there was for locking this ?

#4495010 - 10/28/19 08:08 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind

Well, people were slagging DCS off and putting forward ideas for ED to get a grip of themselves. That's more than enough.....thread closed. Like you said, their improvement in communication has lasted about 10 days. They always have and look they always will.....refuse to acknowledge their imperfections and refuse to learn by their mistakes. Never mind, we can forget all these crappy pre-early alpha releases and look forward to the next module announcement so they can pay their workforce for the last 6 months of effort.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4495034 - 10/29/19 12:48 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

I was gonna register an account then I thought to myself: children who can't take criticism never change. So I didn't.

#4495806 - 11/03/19 04:44 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada

The reason was the back and forth between users, after 150 posts, and some time being open, it has sent the message it needed, a handful of the same people fighting probably won't make much difference. It's still there, it wasn't deleted, so I am not sure I see the issue, it would be worse if we needed to start moderating the thread for people calling each other names, then everyone sees all the deleted messages and wonders what we are hiding, so in that case, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#4495831 - 11/03/19 01:09 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: NineLine]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by NineLine

The reason was the back and forth between users, after 150 posts, and some time being open,

......and that's exactly what a forum is for.

[Linked Image]

Given that you have now closed that topic, you're not allowing people to discuss it and therefore you are censoring. The funny thing is that it isn't even your post...it's not up to you to determine whether the message has been received loud and clear - it's up to the original poster. You wonder why you receive such criticism and it's not about "damned if you do, damned if you don't"....it's about listening to what the community are saying and learning from your mistakes. ED and their mods stated that you have taken the message on board and are improving communication. It's clearly a load of hot air and something that you and ED are clearly not prepared to do.

I haven't called the ED message boards a 'forum' for a long time, and this is the perfect example of why......... it is a censored message board and not a forum. You simply do not allow people to express their opinions if you don't like them and just start blocking content. You reap what you sow.

#4495882 - 11/03/19 09:57 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Paradaz]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Actually Paradaz, this, SimHQ, would be a community forum, ours is a support forum for our product. There is no point in a thread that just ends up being an argument between a few users. Hoggit, SimHQ and Mudspike are better suited for a wider range of topics and if they so chose a more adult conversation, ours are to be focused on the support of DCS World and it's users. I don't presume to win this discussion with you though, I know your mind is pretty much set, even with the unbanning, and loosing of the 1.15 rule and others, we still need to keep the focus of the discussion on support of DCS World. If moderators have to spend time on a thread that has all but burnt out and now just down to a couple of people arguing, I and the mod team feel it takes away from support of other users. Something the above listed community forums do not need to worry about.

And if you can't find critical or negative feedback on our forums, then you are not looking very hard, the fact that we dont allow insults or bad words in that feedback has nothing to do with censoring customer opinions. But again, I know you are set in your ways, that is all I will say on it with you, I cant force you to see it any other way, I can only try to do the best I can.

Last edited by NineLine; 11/03/19 10:01 PM.
#4495885 - 11/03/19 10:34 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
The thread that we are referring to on the ED Message Boards is held within the following directory/structure:

ED Forums » English » Reality » Chit-Chat

Although I don't believe the rubbish you posted above, mainly because the structure of the ED Message boards are much wider than catering for support only......can you confirm that the 'Chit-Chat' area of the ED message boards are indeed part of any 'Support' mechanism and posts within that particular area are deemed to be looking for ED interaction?

So there you go, what I said above is perfectly valid. You have shut down a topic, simply because you don't like the content and you are deeming it as having 'sent the message' it needed even though you never attempted to confirm this with the originator of the post. It's complete nonsense to claim that there is a 'handful of people fighting' aswell, there are a couple of people disagreeing with each other, it wasn't heated and isn't over the top - you're obviously trying to use that as a lever though, in order to justify your actions. Closing the topic really isn't even your decision to make, unless of course you're attempting to take some sort of high ground as a moderator that can do what you want - that was certainly your persona over the years. Unbanning my account and any supposed loss of 'rule 1.15' is irrelevant. I won't be posting on those boards until I see products being finished and the ridiculous censorship tackled. I've actually just logged into my account and can see 100% warnings for level 1.13 infractions whatever they are and expirations of 'never'. I believe this was related to activity in SimHQ which again goes to show the level of paranoia and immaturity of the moderators that ran back to their boards to log those warnings and increment the levels several times on the same day back in 2015 lol. I've heard about all these 'communication improvements' over and over again through the last 5 years and it's been nothing other than complete and utter rubbish every single time.

I'm not set in my ways at all. I'll change my approach when I see some evidence that ED are going to shake off the incompetent tag they've earned and yet never done anything to improve, and I'll visit the boards with constructive and helpful posts when the censorship stops and the moderators restrict their condescending and abrasive approach to sensible comments. If you're currently doing the best you can then you still have a long way to go.

#4495886 - 11/03/19 10:36 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: NineLine]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Originally Posted by NineLine
I and the mod team feel it takes away from support of other users. Something the above listed community forums do not need to worry about.

How, if you just leave it alone apart from dealing with post within that thread that might get reported if someone actually is breaking a rule, then it is not doing
any harm. Same old ED moderation team, don't like something ... just lock it up , its pretty sad, you are stopping other people coming in later and
having their say .... if a thread is no longer relevant people stop posting in it ... and that thread dies a natural death , you are just pure out censoring stuff at least be honest and admit to that

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 11/05/19 08:03 AM.

#4495889 - 11/03/19 11:02 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I've only just come across this thread on reddit.com....I assume a lot of people have already read it however if you haven't it's probably the best article that summarises ED, the early access and forum behaviour in it's most succinct form.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/d7kp1g/wall_of_text_eagle_dynamics_early_access_problem/

Have a look at the article and responses/comments. It pretty much exposes the strategy, flaws and approach of ED together with those who are still fans and those who have simply become so let-down with the whole DCS product. And yet ED and associated mods wonder why they have lost trust and are losing the trust of the flight sim community.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.