Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4495737 - 11/02/19 05:36 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
orbyxP;

You need to look at the content of the airbase files and compare that rather than just relying on the date stamp. Have you done that?

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4495739 - 11/02/19 05:55 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Ok.

Seasons folder has 862 dds files (2019) in WOFF PE and 813 (2016/2017) in WOFF UE. In general, the DDS files in PE are much crisper and cleaner than UE.

Facilities folder has 131 xml (2019) files in WOFF PE and 129 xml (2016/2017) files in WOFF UE

Size of Scenery folder in WOFF PE is 533MB, and 149MB in WOFF UE.

There are other newer additions to PE which your MOD will overwrite.

Last edited by orbyxP; 11/02/19 05:59 PM.
#4495748 - 11/02/19 06:49 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
OrbyxP;

I appreciate any deficiencies that you can identify and any issues that may have been missed as I clearly want the mods to be correct.
To this end, I need clarification or I will spend undue time chasing my tail. So to this end I will try to glean clarification of your issues that you raised below:

You stated: "Seasons folder has 862 dds files (2019) in WOFF PE and 813 (2016/2017) in WOFF UE. In general, the DDS files in PE are much crisper and cleaner than UE.".
My initial response is: "WOFF PE 2 - Consolidated Periods and CampaignData Mod by RJW" mod that controls the seasons content only adds the custom airfields ".dds" files to the PE mix. It doesn't replace the PE seasons dds files. There is no overwrite taking place.

You stated: "Size of Scenery folder in WOFF PE is 533MB, and 149MB in WOFF UE."
My initial response is : You may be correct but that has no bearing on the "WOFF PE 2 - Consolidated Periods and CampaignData Mod by RJW" as explained in statement above.

You stated: "Facilities folder has 131 xml (2019) files in WOFF PE and 129 xml (2016/2017) files in WOFF UE"
My initial response: yes there is a difference in scenery folder size, but that has no reflection on the facilities mod as it only addresses the airfields content whereas the native PE and UE facilities folder contains many other facilities like town, balloons historial sights, etc.
You cannot compare the scenery folder sizes and say the mod is incorrect. Whatever exists in the scenery folder in PE will remain with the exception of the airfields which we have modded.

You stated: "There are other newer additions to PE which your MOD will overwrite."
My initial response: Unless you can be specific about what the "Newer additions to PE" are and that you fully understand how the mod works, I cannot possibly address your perceived concerns. You need to be more specific.

I hope I have made myself clear. If you still feel the mod is not working as intended, please help me to understand where the problem is. I am always willing to listen, learn, and correct wherever possible. In the end I want this mod to remain a value add for the PE community as it has been for the UE base.

Best Regards

(System_Specs)

#4495760 - 11/02/19 08:12 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Sounds fair, but the mod author should be checking this. Here are some examples:

WOFF UE 4a - Consolidated Custom Airfields Mod\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\assets\WW1Airfields

All *.mos files: PE is 2kb, MOD is 1kb

WOFF UE 4a - Consolidated Custom Airfields Mod\WOFFScenery\Seasons\

Many many DDS files are cleaner and crisper. For example, the UE version is inside your MOD:

[Linked Image]

WOFF UE 1 - 1918+ Facilities - Full Trees Populated by Panama Red\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\facilities

Some xml files are larger in size in PE than in MOD
e.g. airbase_astomer_1.xml is 20.3K in PE and 7.7K in MOD

WOFF UE 1 - 1918+ Facilities - Full Trees Populated by Panama Red\WOFFScenery\Facilities\Infrastructure\Airfields

some default structures which were not added by the MOD are not in the right place... eg. airbase_bgeneric_4.xml
in PE <Unit Type="Windsock" Position="-210 -55" Angle="0" />
in MOD <Unit Type="Windsock" Position="-210 -85" Angle="0" />

Attached Files uepecomparetiles.jpg
Last edited by orbyxP; 11/02/19 08:15 PM.
#4495762 - 11/02/19 08:38 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

orby, I am going to jump in here for a moment concerning your two examples of the .DDS files as the second one you show is from my massive St. Omer mod. The off-white areas are the alpha blend, and on mine those are indeed less crisp in order to have the new mod tiles blend with the stock sim tiles. As for the rest of the tile you cite as example, it's clarity and "crispness" matches perfectly with both the UE and PE tiles. The only PE adjustments I am currently working on in my mods are some slight tint variations in some of the seasons.

HTH.

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4495769 - 11/02/19 08:55 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
I appreciate the time and effort that goes into building this type of gigantic MOD and I can't imagine how long it takes to update all its components.

I like this MOD and wish it to eventually be fully compatible with PE. I wish all MODS that are on my list as incompatible to move to be compatible.

I was trying to offer constructive criticism and help identify potential issues so that I can use this MOD with my PE as well without worrying if anything will get overwritten with old information.

#4495770 - 11/02/19 08:57 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

No worries orby.

Just as example, here is a WIP shot of my St. Omer mod sitting in the PE landscape. When I am done with the tint adjustments I am going to rework around the edges here and there to better tie in to some of the new road placements in PE. Also going to add some of the new shrubs that are now available to us as well.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files WOFF PE St Omer WIP 11-2-2019 001.jpg
#4495779 - 11/02/19 10:22 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: orbyxP]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by orbyxP
Sounds fair, but the mod author should be checking this. Here are some examples:

WOFF UE 4a - Consolidated Custom Airfields Mod\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\assets\WW1Airfields

All *.mos files: PE is 2kb, MOD is 1kb

Very interesting but not relevant to the mod since the only mos files being used are for the custom made airfields and not the stock ones so this has no effect on stock PE airfields. Fly the mod and see for yourself.

WOFF UE 4a - Consolidated Custom Airfields Mod\WOFFScenery\Seasons\

Many many DDS files are cleaner and crisper. For example, the UE version is inside your MOD:

[Linked Image]

I don't know where you sourced your right hand photo from but the one in my mod looks as follows and is consistent with the modded version in UE.
That airfield is not stock to UE and although OBD have added it to PE, it is a different look.
[Linked Image]

WOFF UE 1 - 1918+ Facilities - Full Trees Populated by Panama Red\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\facilities

Some xml files are larger in size in PE than in MOD
e.g. airbase_astomer_1.xml is 20.3K in PE and 7.7K in MOD

Let me explain the background for the UE Facilities mods just in case you are not aware. Panama Red undertook the task to take the stock UE airfield xml files and generate three periods (1914, 1917, and 1918) in which he tried to allow for the changes over time that took place on those airfields.
These alterations were done to the stock UE airfields and also include the custom airfields that we built. You are correct that OBD re-worked some of the airfields xml files for PE and these reworked files have not been updated in the Facilities portion of the mod. In PE there is only one look an feel for each airfield and so that airfield does not show changes over time. What we probably should do is create three more facilities mods (1914, 1917, 1918) for just the custom airfields and then the user would have a choice of adding in the UE or PE airfields depending on their want.
Thanks for this observation and I think we can address that issue fairly soon.

WOFF UE 1 - 1918+ Facilities - Full Trees Populated by Panama Red\WOFFScenery\Facilities\Infrastructure\Airfields

some default structures which were not added by the MOD are not in the right place... eg. airbase_bgeneric_4.xml
in PE <Unit Type="Windsock" Position="-210 -55" Angle="0" />
in MOD <Unit Type="Windsock" Position="-210 -85" Angle="0" />

This issue will be resolved if we tackle the recommendation in the previous item above.

I can say that the Consolidated airfields mod does not break PE in any way so in the mean time people have a choice to run it or not until the update I suggested is available.

Thanks for your persistence and additional data so far. Keep it coming!

Best Regards

Attached Files Capture.JPG

(System_Specs)

#4495780 - 11/02/19 10:30 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Robert, the image you are showing is for my St. Omer mod and is the same one orby showed, it's just that yours is not showing the alpha layer. If you look at that .DDS file with the DXT editor it looks like the one orby posted.

#4495784 - 11/02/19 10:40 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Lou

(System_Specs)

#4495792 - 11/02/19 11:32 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
orbyxP;

I have just been experimenting on my end with the Custom Airfields mods components and I separated the custom airfields from the stock UE airfields that were in the mods labelled like "WOFF UE 1 - 1914+ Facilities - Full Trees Populated by Panama Red".
I put all the custom airfields in a set of new mods covering the three periods (1914, 1917, 1918) and then ran the Custom Airfields mod with one of these new facility mods, leaving the "WOFF UE 1 - 1914+ Facilities - Full Trees Populated by Panama Red" out of the mix.
What I now see is all the stock PE airfields along with the custom airfields and the UE airfields are no longer represented. The one loss is that the PE airfields remain the same look throughout the war and do not change as they did in the old UE look.
In order to achieve the old look, each of the PE airfields would have to be reworked to represent the changes of time as was represented in the UE three periods (1914, 1917, 1918).

We can keep the old UE facilities files available for those who are still on UE or those who prefer the look of the UE airfields. The user will now have a choice.

Just thought I would keep you updated, but we should have a prototype version available very soon for testing.

(System_Specs)

#4495804 - 11/03/19 04:07 AM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Louvert, That is a great piece of work on st omer. I can't wait until it's done with your final touch ups.

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins

In order to achieve the old look, each of the PE airfields would have to be reworked to represent the changes of time as was represented in the UE three periods (1914, 1917, 1918).

Thanks for keeping me updated, sir.

This is what I was trying to say regarding the model positions, but it didn't know the airfield actually changed in your MOD depending on the year. I must have been testing in a year that didn't correspond with the correct MOD year when there were those changes.
Anyhow, it would be fantastic if those files could be reworked to incorporate changes to the airfield over time.

Last edited by orbyxP; 11/03/19 04:18 AM.
#4495829 - 11/03/19 01:01 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Exactly how much did the UE airfields change per year? I know how they did in the mod but I wasn’t aware they changed unmodded as well. Very interested in these things I never noticed before.

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4495838 - 11/03/19 01:48 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Ace the unmodded airfield do not reflect the changes. Panama Red added that feature to the UE mod.
You will notice in PE at the Abeele airfield if you fly in 1914 that there are Tripes lined up in front of the hangers which is a little early for their appearance. That is one of the things Panama fixed in the UE airfields by making sure the aircraft fit the period.
Unfortunately PE does not offer three periods that could address this issue andto fix that Panama would have to rework all the airfields. Maybe he will get to it some day.

(System_Specs)

#4495846 - 11/03/19 03:17 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Well jumping in, grabbing a post, then out till the next day to catch another has left me all confused as to the status of the mod here. Think I got the gist of it but I’ll have to start at the beginning later to tally up the go’s and no-go’s of using it.

#4495852 - 11/03/19 05:05 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Duke

If you hang in there for a few days I should have a new version available that will address the current short comings.

Cheers

(System_Specs)

#4495854 - 11/03/19 05:05 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Sandbagger]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
I have been using it since PE has come out and so far without reviewing it down to minute detail the airfields look the same as in UE, but I will have to check line by line to see what small details OBD changed in PE.

The bottom line is the mod works perfectly well in PE, just like UE.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4495859 - 11/03/19 05:47 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
Duke

If you hang in there for a few days I should have a new version available that will address the current short comings.

Cheers

Thanks Robert!

#4495867 - 11/03/19 08:11 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: Panama Red]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Originally Posted by Panama Red
small details OBD changed in PE..

Ummmm nope, not small at all depending on which year you will working in. Since PE didn't change any location of models in the air base xml files (1915 to 1918), and your MOD does change location of models each period. You will realize like I did it's not a direct copy paste of the model locations, but they will need to be moved around, otherwise models will superimpose one another.

For example, in the MOD 1914+, airbase ageneric3.xml when compared to PE, among the conflicts is the model "b_soldier" occupies the same location as"b_aa_crew". If you don't move one, the will appear superimposed.

Technically, over 90% of MODs from the time of WOFF1 should work with PE. But doesn't mean they are compatible with PE.

Last edited by orbyxP; 11/03/19 08:40 PM.
#4495872 - 11/03/19 08:56 PM Re: Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods Repository Folder - updated [Re: orbyxP]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Compatible definition: a device (such as a computer) or system designed to be used with another device or system without modification.

And by this definition this mod is very compatible with PE because it causes no problems and plays exactly like it did with UE without any modifications.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.