Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4494599 - 10/25/19 10:00 PM DCS:so much fun !  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
There I was, in my shiny F-14B, over persian Gulf, multiplayer with my buddy RIO (only the two of us connected, optical fiber connexion with gigantic bandwith on both sides), fighting those ugly 1990's 3D model iranian F-14A using latest open beta.

Launched a Phoenix at max estimated range. I had previously asked my AI wingman to pince right, then to pince low. I soon pumped, asking my wingman to engage my target while I was evading. He didn't acknowledge and proceeded to rejoin. I asked him to attack my bandit, same. I asked him to attack "bandits", he then re-engaged the now dangerously close ennemiesexcuting a 180 turn.

Few seconds later, he announced "engaged defensive", and exploded.

Meanwhile, my RIO cheated and watched our phoenix in external view. He saw it get through an iranian F-14, doing zero damage.

After a short mourning for our deceased wingman, we reengaged, twice, and tiwce the phoenixes went through the iranian F-14s, leaving them unscathed. Finally, around 10 seconds after the third impact, one ennemy F-14 exploded.

We were short on missiles but decided to have another engagement. The remaining ennemy F-14 was dogfighting with two friendly viggens, at very close range. We had only one radar contact, the F-14. Said F-14 went into the water by itself, trying to turn at low speed with the viggens.

Trapped on the carrier, left server.... DCS crashed.

Well, we still wanted to have fun, so we started another mission. This time we were to bomb a sam site that was already deprived of its radar. Did the 8 minutes alignment procedure, with our F-14 wobbling on the the deck, took of with two GBU16s and two GBU24s (GBU 24s were unable to guide on laser last time we tried, while GBU16s worked, so we were supposed to test if this has been fixed yet). Went to the target (20 mn transit), started to search the area for something to lock the lantirn on..... DCS crashed.

So much fun I tell you, come and join the party banghead

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4494627 - 10/26/19 06:14 AM Re: DCS:so much fun ! [Re: rollnloop.]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Having tried to create alot of missions with AI and probably seen "it all" I am not surprised.
One of my favourites was a Su-25 SEAD dropping all tools getting engaged by a Buk and soon nose up at 70% engine dropping all speed until hit.
I swear, the number of AI brainfarts I've seen could fill a best-selling book.

But those crashes is not what I am used to see, maybe it's a multiplayer/coop thing?

I first read this as an action report, something one never ever see in DCS section, but soon realised that with all such problems - how could someone complete a DCS mission to write about?
Maybe there's a bloody reason all we see is printscreens?

#4494640 - 10/26/19 10:37 AM Re: DCS:so much fun ! [Re: rollnloop.]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
TBH I am all the more frustrated that I could usually finish missions prior to last update without crash, but when the initial pleasure of discovering of the aircraft has faded and you start seeing again all the flaws that spoiled your games previously again AND your game is now crashing.....

On the bright side, they added an automatic crash report, on which you can add a comment in a few clicks.

Anyway, I'm pretty frustrated right now, guess I'll play something else for a few weeks and see if they fix these crashes in the patch logs sicko

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.