Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 104 of 366 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 365 366
#4493689 - 10/19/19 09:25 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Hasse: well written and a plausible story line.

#4493699 - 10/19/19 10:33 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Rene Deassult Lavasure
Sgt, Esc N 68
Manancourt,en Vermois,
Verdun France,

Oct 19, 1916.

Wake up at 0530, breakfast at 0600 , eggs,with cheese and wine. Then stand to for morning Parade. The only bright spot in a dull day is when Claudette comes in to clean the Chateau

Attached Files 3d593dd4310b0cc56d6dbea9d08c93a1  MAID.jpg
#4493711 - 10/20/19 01:27 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Wulfe Offline
Wulfe  Offline

Sous. Lieutenant James B. Fullard
Esc. N.124 'Americaine'
Somewhere in France.

17 October, 1916.

The lights were blurred and painful as I slowly opened my eyes. Above me was an unfamiliar cream-coloured roof. I attempted to sit up, but this effort only resulted in a sharp pained yelp as I fell back, clutching at my side. From beside me, out of view, came a silky Georgian Accent. "Now, James, the war can wait. Get some rest". I turned my head to the side to see Elmore, newspaper in hand, sitting in a chair beside my bed. He smiled as I looked at him. "Huh," I said, blearily, "Are we both dead?". Elmore chuckled. "I should hope not, this war makes for a lousy afterlife. No, you've been asleep for two days, but you're very much still among the living. Gave us quite a scare, too, but you weren't quite as injured as you made out. The bullet went clean through your side and missed all the important bits". I ran a hand down my side and found the heavily-wrapped bandages.

"But, I landed in the middle of nowhere..." I started. Elmore's serpent-grin spread across his face. "My orders were to stay behind you at all times, so I followed you down. By the way, your aeroplane is safe and sound. She's a real daisy, to get you down safely in the state you were in". I breathed a sigh of relief. "By the way, an Englishman has been asking after you. Tobias, I believe". I smiled slightly. "Thought he'd be too busy killing Bosches to notice I was missing. Tell him I'm doing fine, would ya?"

Elmore patted me on the shoulder lightly. "Heal up and tell him yourself! I've got to get back to it. Patrol in the evening. Get some rest now".

Last edited by Wulfe; 10/20/19 01:33 AM.
#4493732 - 10/20/19 09:54 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

So many exciting stories to read with my Sunday coffee! reading

I see carrick's pilots continue to attract all the beautiful ladies.
Lou, that colonel had it coming.
Harry, what a nice surprise to see Boelcke himself to make such an appearance!
Raine, I'm greatly enjoying James's story. Be careful out there! It may not always be such a friendly welcome after a forced landing.
MFair, Jasta 7 is a good unit. With the Albatros now coming into service in larger numbers, Drogo should be in a good position to survive while there.
Fullofit, a nice shot of the Yankee Nupes. I'd say watch out for the Albs, but Tobias seems to know what he's doing with that Strutter.
Wulfe], a nice story and good to see that Fullard survived.

I've come to the conclusion that Julius's transfer to another Jasta will never go through, no matter how I try to play it, so I guess I must enlist a new pilot with the same name in that unit, and add up the hours and victories of the old Julius when reporting at the end of the month. Bugger!

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4493797 - 10/20/19 05:52 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Hasse: Its just the luck of a Fighting Man to have a maid clean his Chateau.

Last edited by carrick58; 10/20/19 05:53 PM.
#4493827 - 10/20/19 09:19 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Wulfe, happy to hear Fullard is still north of the grave. Hope he recovers soon.
Hasse, yea, bugger!
Carrick, Claudette is the business!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4493837 - 10/20/19 10:28 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Harry, congrats on the promotion. Lazlo is sure to receive the first Albatros once they reach Jasta 7. He was very lucky to have met the Great Boelcke prior to his accident.

MFair, I’m very glad Drogo is on the mend. I’m also very excited to see what Drogo can do in his new steed. Exciting times are ahead.

Hasse, another Flieger lucky enough to have his derrière seated in an Albatros this early. Actually even earlier than the rest. Hopefully once he transfers into an active Jasta he will take possession of one of Herr Diplom-Ingenieur’s creations. Perhaps he will have enough pull to make it happen.

Carrick, poor Claudette. She’s lost so much weight because of this war.

Wulfe, finally some news! We’ve been all worried sick! Is it that much to ask to send a telegram that you are ok? We’ve looked all over and no one could tell us what happened to you. Are you trying to drive us all to an early grave? Shame on you! And what have you done to Mulberry’s Nieuport?

20 October, 1916
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry
28 confirmed kills

Toby was sitting in the mess with a hardly touched bottle of brandy on the table. It was the third day of poor weather with rain coming down in sheets. He was bored out of his mind and reading for the third time Friday’s edition of the Daily Telegraph & Courier. By now he was looking more at the articles than reading them, not expecting to learn anything new from the rag. A few Americans and Canadians were sitting around drinking, eating, discussing the weather, the war and girls. ‘Art’ Whealy was sharing a bottle of Yukon Gold with ‘Jimmy’ Glen at the next table. They were the ones talking of girls and trying to out do each other in a contest of “who knows a girl with biggest breasts”. Toby knew it was a thinly veiled jab at him. He ignored them both.
“- Busty Jane worked in O’Keefe Brewery on Gould Street in Toronto. Many a man compared the size of the kegs to her bosom, especially after having a few. Heh, heh!”
A man walked in and stopped at the table with the Americans. They greeted each other. The new arrival seemed to look for someone. The men at the table pointed at Toby. The lanky man turned around and walked over to where Mulberry was sitting.
“- Pardon my intrusion, sir. Are you Tobias Mulberry?”
Toby raised his eyes from the paper at the sound of an odd accent.
“- That’s me and you’re not intruding at all. Please sit down. What can I do for you?” Mulberry stood up to shake the man’s hand.
The thin moustache on the man’s face curled up at the ends to follow the smile the man produced. They shook hands.
“- My name is Raymond Elmore and I have news of our mutual friend, James Fullard ...”
“- James? Where is he? Is he alright?” Toby interrupted the man’s introductions.
“Yes, he’s in the hospital, but he will be fine. He caught a Hunnish round in his side, but he’ll be alright. He wanted me to let you know he is still alive and under no circumstances is his Nieuport to be flown by any British Officers. He said you would know what that means.”
Toby was ecstatic, “- That’s wonderful news! Have a drink with me.” Toby was already poring the man a drink.
“Don’t mind if I do. Much obliged.” Elmore took the glass and downed his brandy in one swig. Toby was already pouring him another. The two men talked for a few more minutes then the Georgian was gone. The table beside with Art and Jimmy was already abuzz.
“- Looks like our ace found himself another American friend.”
“- You know, I once had an Italian friend back in Toronto.” Art winked at Glen to follow his lead.
“- He used to make this delicious pie. He called it pizza.”
“- Oh yeah? How do you make it?” Jimmy was intrigued.
“- Well, first he kneed the dough, then he stretched it into a round flat disk by tossing it in the air while rotating it around its centre.”
“- What? Tossed the dough in the air? Madness!”
“- Yes, once the dough was round and thin he’d place it on the table and spread some olive oil on it and then tomato sauce.” Whealy continued the story making sure Toby could hear every word.
“- He would then cover it with shredded mozzarella and ...”
“- What’s mozzarella? Sounds like someone I’d like to bring home to my parents.”
“- No Jimmy, mozzarella is cheese. You definitely don’t want to introduce cheese to your parents.” Art shook his head and continued, “- Then he would spread sliced pepperoni all over it ...”
“- Pepperoni?” Glen interrupted, “- That definitely doesn’t sound like something I would want to bring back home with me.”
Art looked at Jimmy condescendingly, “- No Jimmy, definitely not.”
“- And finally, he would take some olives, cut them in half to remove the pits and place one on top of each pepperoni. Then into the oven it went until the dough was baked golden and the cheese melted. Delish!”
“- That does sound good.” Jimmy was drooling.
Art continued, “- And do you know what he called it?”
Jimmy was confused, “- You’ve already said it’s called pizza.”
“- No, no. Pizza is the dish, but it has different names depending on what you put on it.”
“- That’s confusing. What did he call it then?” Jimmy wanted to know.
“- He called it Pizza Nipplese.”
Toby had enough of it by now. He turned in early that day.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Pizza Nipplese.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4493844 - 10/21/19 12:03 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Darn it! I just ate supper and now I’m hungry again! And here I am trying to watch my girlish figure.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
#4493849 - 10/21/19 12:56 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: MFair]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by MFair
Darn it! I just ate supper and now I’m hungry again! And here I am trying to watch my girlish figure.

MFair, your figure can’t be less girlish than Toby’s (or that pizza’s for that matter). winkngrin

#4493853 - 10/21/19 02:14 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

AHH, Man the Pizza made me hungry

#4493857 - 10/21/19 03:37 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
It kind of looks like 'No Man's Land', but more appetizing. yep

S!Blade<><

#4493883 - 10/21/19 12:00 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Attention!

[Linked Image]

Le Ministre de la guerre, République Française, wishes to present an award to the following individual:

[Linked Image]

The people of France thank you sincerely for your patriotism and your loyal and faithful service.

#4493889 - 10/21/19 12:41 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Harry, Lazlo appears to be getting his fill of those nasty Nieuports. And a visit from Boelcke you say? Perhaps he is sizing up the Kaiser's largest pilot for a spot in his new outfit.

Carrick, I think Rene needs to either work on his aim or start carrying extra ammo drums. Perhaps he can get Claudette to load them for him.

Raine, good to see that Collins managed to survive his first encounter with the Rolands. He got off lucky in my opinion. And the DSO for our hero - more icing on an already well-decorated cake.

Wulfe, very relieved to learn that Fullard is still among the living. Here's hoping his recovery is swift and complete. Perhaps the additional palms on his CdG will help him along.

MFair, nice to have Drogo back at the front. He'll have some catching up to do now, and I imagine that leg will give him issues for a long while.

Hasse, with that spanking new Albatros I'll bet Julius felt like a kid in a candy store. Congrats on his promotion to Leutnant, a well deserved bump.

Fullofit, Toby is going to need to come up with some clever way to get back at Whealy, the cheeky bugger. That pizza does look good though, (and my girlish figure ran off years ago so no worries there).

Captain Swanson is currently in London awaiting the investiture of both his VC and his DSO. He is feeling a bit anxious about his meeting with King George, but is quite looking forward to it as well. He's suddenly very aware of how far he's come from his humble home in northern Minnesota.

#4493916 - 10/21/19 03:18 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Lou, that would be an interesting twist, we'll have to see. Good luck with the investiture ceremony. Yet more pomp and circumstance for the brave Swanson!

Wulfe, I'm very relieved that Fullard survived his nasty ordeal! Enjoy the nurses... Carrick seems to have an endless supply of pretty ones smile

Fullofit, your chaps are so mean to Toby. He can't help being well endowed, after all. And what a pizza that was! Beats a pair of fried eggs any day of the week!

MFair, welcome back to Drogo. Go carefully now.

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4493938 - 10/21/19 07:14 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Wulfe Offline
Wulfe  Offline

Woah! Two silver palmes! That's equivalent to 10 Palmes, is it not? Thank you, gong fairy!

Sous. Lieutenant James B. Fullard,
Esc. N.124 'Américaine',
A French Hospital.

October 21st, 1916.

It was as I sat reading the paper, sneaking cigarettes when the nurses weren't looking my way, that De Laage called upon me. "How are you feeling, James?" he asked, as I folded my paper and lay it on my lap. With a tired smile, I told him I was feeling well. "Glad to hear it. Mac's come back to the squadron, he was asking after you".

"Really? That's fantastic news! He's all healed up, then?"
"Oui. He'll be leading your flight until you return. Which is why I came to see you, actually..."
"Oh? You need me back soon?"
"Not exactly. Actually, I've come with some travel papers from the Capitane".

Frowning, I took the small bundle of papers De Laage handed me. "Travel papers? What for?" I asked, setting the parcel on the bedside. "We're leaving Luxeuil. Orders came in yesterday". I raised an eyebrow. With a frown, De Laage laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Rest up and recover well, James. We're being sent to the Somme".

Last edited by Wulfe; 10/21/19 07:14 PM.
#4493944 - 10/21/19 07:44 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Wulfe, congratulations on the new bling. Well Deserved Sir!

Fw Drogo Dorn,
Spincourt
Oct. 21, 1916

The Jasta had just left a briefing. Intelligence was that the French were going to make another push at Verdun. Jasta 7 was to transfer to La Follie Ferme. It would take them closer to the front, if that was possible. Drogo, along with 4 others were in their machines ready for the short trip to the new airfield with engines running. Drogo heard something odd and 3 Nieuports flew overhead staffing the field. The two machines to his right hit the throttle and he followed. As he cleared the ground, a bomb exploded near the last hanger. “Nieuports don’t carry bombs!” He spotted 3 Strutters overhead. The five Albatros engaged the 3 Nieuports buzzing the field. Immediately the Strutters joined in. This was the most intense fight Drogo had been in! 11 machines a few hundred feet off the ground above the airfield. Machines were turning and firing in every direction. The men on the ground not engaged at the machine guns looked on in amazement. They had only heard of the air fighting. Now they had a front row seat to a real fur ball. As they watched the machines overhead, they all saw a Strutter dive down on an Albatros. The two machines exploded into a thousand pieces. Drogo Dorn was dead.

Ok Gents. I’m officially sick!

#4493948 - 10/21/19 08:03 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Noooooooo! Sorry to see Drogo is gone, he was barely back. That is bad luck and then some MFair.

Wulfe, the French CdG is the equivalent of the British MID. Nearly all pilot CdGs in WWI were at the Army level, thus the palm attachments. Historically, a WWI pilot was mentioned at the Army level nearly every time he was credited with downing an enemy plane, so the aces had a lot of palms on their CdG ribbons. Given Fullard's record it is entirely feasible that he would have been mentioned at least ten times by this point, thus the two silver palms showing on his latest presentation by la fée du gong. And now that James is off to the Somme it is likely he will be mentioned even more often.

#4493966 - 10/21/19 11:00 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Carrick and Blade, you are concentrating on the wrong aspect of the pizza story. It’s all about nipples, not how tasty is is. wink

Wulfe, congrats on the recent Gong Fairy visit. Great news.
And then there is the move ... Somme is not the safest of places, nothing like Alsace. Good luck and bon voyage.

Lou, nothing to worry about. I hear the King is a swell guy. You’ll get along just fine.

Harry, they’re mean to him because they fear what is different.

And finally MFair, what a kick in the nads! That’s unbelievable and just when Drogo was about to try his hand at piloting an Albatros. RIP Drogo and you Mark, get well!

21 October, 1916 08:45
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry
28 confirmed kills

Mulberry breathed a little easier after dropping his bombs on the Mulhouse spurline switchyard. He was already pointed west and looking around for Colburn to form up on him. Instead he noticed a flight of Nieuports coming down to join up with him. He was glad to have an escort to take him back home. Toby never saw Nieuports with green wings before but was glad he would get a safe passage. A pair of these biplanes was coming close behind, which seemed strange to Toby. Why would they come down to his level instead of keeping an eye from above? He decided to investigate and came around to take a closer look at these Nieuports. His hair stood up on its ends when he saw black crosses on their wings! Were the Germans stealing French planes now? It would make sense. Their Eindeckers were hopelessly obsolete. He barely avoided the attack from behind and managed to park his machine on the tail of one of the imposters right away. He fired and damaged the Hunnish Nieup. Smoke started to pour from the engine and the pilot struggled to stay afloat. Mulberry had no time to find out what became of the German. He had to deal with his wingman. Toby made short work of the second Hun and the enemy’s plane caught on fire. The fire reached the petrol tank and the machine exploded mid-air before its remains crashing into the outskirts of the woods. Toby looked around once more, pointed his plane west and returned home alone. Colburn returned just after and claimed one of the Nieuports as well. The two pilots reported seeing new machines to their C.O. but ‘Daddy’ seemed disinterested.
“- Leave these German Nieuports to the Americans. We have our marching orders. Tomorrow morning we’re transferring to Verdun sector.”

YouTube Link

#4493975 - 10/22/19 12:22 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
@ Fullofit, never cared much for nipples on my pizza. It must be an acquired taste? biggrin

S!Blade<><

#4493976 - 10/22/19 01:00 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Blade, you haven’t had a pizza until you had one with nipples on it. You don’t know what you’re missing. readytoeat

Page 104 of 366 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM