Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4496051 - 11/05/19 03:54 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Paradaz]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted by Paradaz
The thread that we are referring to on the ED Message Boards is held within the following directory/structure:

ED Forums » English » Reality » Chit-Chat

Although I don't believe the rubbish you posted above, mainly because the structure of the ED Message boards are much wider than catering for support only......can you confirm that the 'Chit-Chat' area of the ED message boards are indeed part of any 'Support' mechanism and posts within that particular area are deemed to be looking for ED interaction?

So there you go, what I said above is perfectly valid. You have shut down a topic, simply because you don't like the content and you are deeming it as having 'sent the message' it needed even though you never attempted to confirm this with the originator of the post. It's complete nonsense to claim that there is a 'handful of people fighting' aswell, there are a couple of people disagreeing with each other, it wasn't heated and isn't over the top - you're obviously trying to use that as a lever though, in order to justify your actions. Closing the topic really isn't even your decision to make, unless of course you're attempting to take some sort of high ground as a moderator that can do what you want - that was certainly your persona over the years. Unbanning my account and any supposed loss of 'rule 1.15' is irrelevant. I won't be posting on those boards until I see products being finished and the ridiculous censorship tackled. I've actually just logged into my account and can see 100% warnings for level 1.13 infractions whatever they are and expirations of 'never'. I believe this was related to activity in SimHQ which again goes to show the level of paranoia and immaturity of the moderators that ran back to their boards to log those warnings and increment the levels several times on the same day back in 2015 lol. I've heard about all these 'communication improvements' over and over again through the last 5 years and it's been nothing other than complete and utter rubbish every single time.

I'm not set in my ways at all. I'll change my approach when I see some evidence that ED are going to shake off the incompetent tag they've earned and yet never done anything to improve, and I'll visit the boards with constructive and helpful posts when the censorship stops and the moderators restrict their condescending and abrasive approach to sensible comments. If you're currently doing the best you can then you still have a long way to go.

The Chit Chat Section does not release a user or groups from the Established Rules regarding conduct and/or criticism.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 11/05/19 03:55 AM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4496052 - 11/05/19 04:06 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Paradaz]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
I've actually just logged into my account and can see 100% warnings for level 1.13 infractions whatever they are and expirations of 'never'.

As we have stated, if you would like your warning points reviewed, feel free to drop me a PM on the ED forums, we could do a mass unbanning, but removing warning points takes more 1on1.

Yes, Chit Chat still falls under the ED Forums, and expected to follow forum rules as well.

#4496053 - 11/05/19 04:14 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind
Originally Posted by NineLine
I and the mod team feel it takes away from support of other users. Something the above listed community forums do not need to worry about.

How, if you just leave it alone apart from dealing with post within that thread that might get reported if someone actually is breaking a rule, then it is not doing
any harm. Same old ED moderation team, don't like something ... just lock it up , its pretty sad, you are stopping other people cong in later and
having their say .... if a thread is no longer relevant people stop posting in it ... and that thread dies a natural death , you are just pure out censoring stuff at least be honest and admit to that

If we didn't like it, we would have locked it up before reaching 150 posts, what we don't like is when users turn threads into personal arguments and mistreating each other, which is where that thread was headed. We can only do so much, in the old days the thread probably would have been deleted, so we let it sit for a while till the conversation degraded into nothing helpful, and closed it, yet we are still the same old moderation team. We can only try to make things better, but we won't let the forums turn into hundreds of threads with 4 or 5 people fighting with each other. Locking a thread is hardly censoring when people can still read it, and communicate their issues in other threads.

Not sure how locking one thread is stopping people from having their say either, I mean I am trying here but not sure I see the logic. If we left it open and started deleting the OT or the fighting, then people would see the deleted posts and say we are trying to hide something. So what do you do.

But again, I didnt come to argue about stuff, we still have rules, we are trying to give people a fresh start, that doesn't mean the ED forums are meant to be a free for all, they are still there for support, forums like these exist for the extra stuff.

#4496065 - 11/05/19 08:10 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

SO you went full minority report ....... you sensed it might be headed to people being mean to each other .... and locked it

it is pretty simple to explain why locking a thread is stopped people having their say ...... discover this thread after it has been locked wanted to express an opinion in that thread ..... you are not able to
You guys dont like it when someone opens a thread about a topic that you have already locked/censored ... tend also to get locked does it not

You ask "So what do you do." pretty simple, someone breaks an actual rule in that thread, then enforce action upon that ONE person, do nuke the entire thread

Please tell me which rules the OP broke to have his thread locked?

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4496076 - 11/05/19 11:24 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
To be quite frank here.

NineLine has answered most of the questions in this paragraph.

SimHQ, would be a community forum, ours is a support forum for our product. There is no point in a thread that just ends up being an argument between a few users. Hoggit, SimHQ and Mudspike are better suited for a wider range of topics and if they so chose a more adult conversation, ours are to be focused on the support of DCS World and it's users.

Any grievance towards other members\moderators at ED's forums will end up having the topic locked. The thread in question probably broke the following rule

1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

To be fair, NineLine did let that thread play out whilst most of the comments could be classed as 'flooding' under 1.14 - Information repeated in other sections / topics (cross-posting), many of the comments are pretty much copy and paste of what 50 other people have said in that thread.

NL said he is not here to convince anyone of anything, he came here on his own accord. He has stated several times he is not going to change anyone's minds here regarding ED's 'new' forum moderation or that ED are making changes as mentioned in the link found in the OP.

Would the SimHQ thread have made it this far over at ED? I am actually surprised that NineLine is still here replying to the comments, Honestly, some of our minds are made up and nothing will persuade us differently.

"ED is focused on the support of DCS World and it's users" ED\DCS have a product to protect which is why the forums over there are strictly managed and more tightly guarded than what we have here at SimHQ and Hoggit.

There is a lot of back and forth in this thread but at some stage we need to see it as a stalemate. There are no winners in this argument when you see it from both sides of the coin.

To be fair though, the reception here at SimHQ for you NineLine is on par with the warm welcome I received at Mudspike. I didn't realise how much they love and missed me over at Mudspike, had I known the members there have waited all these years for me to sign up, I would have 3 years ago.

#4496118 - 11/05/19 07:55 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: NineLine]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I've actually just logged into my account and can see 100% warnings for level 1.13 infractions whatever they are and expirations of 'never'.

As we have stated, if you would like your warning points reviewed, feel free to drop me a PM on the ED forums, we could do a mass unbanning, but removing warning points takes more 1on1.

I'd rather trap my knob in the armoury door.....but thanks all the same. Let me know when ED ever finish a module and I'll re-evaluate.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4496123 - 11/05/19 08:21 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Paradaz]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
[quote=NineLine] [quote=Paradaz]Let me know when ED ever finish a module and I'll re-evaluate.

I feel like I need to reply now as we only have 4 early access modules and many more released already.

Anyways, if you ever want me to review your points, just let me know, I'll leave it at that. Thanks.

#4496124 - 11/05/19 08:34 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Are you claiming that some modules are finished? ED stating something is 'released' has absolutely no correlation with functionality, maturity and polish.

#4496129 - 11/05/19 09:49 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Paradaz]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Are you claiming that some modules are finished? ED stating something is 'released' has absolutely no correlation with functionality, maturity and polish.

Released doesn't mean finished, Released means that all of the planned product features are complete.

As we know, DCSW is Always evolving, nothing is ever "finished".

2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4496131 - 11/05/19 10:42 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by SkateZilla

Released doesn't mean finished, Released means that all of the planned product features are complete.

I thought that was the case.....I just wondered what the relevance of Nineline's statement was;

I feel like I need to reply now as we only have 4 early access modules and many more released already

To me, that just agrees with my previous sentiment in that there are 4 Early-Access-nowhere-near-beta models out there, and many more unfinished modules out there that will probably never get finished either. The caveat of 'nothing is ever finished' because the World is always evolving is both tiresome and a rudimentary disclaimer of taking no responsibility whatsoever. There is no reason why individual platforms/modules could not be finished/polished or considered 'gold'......other than ED's inability to budget a project and resources properly. The World may evolve but the platforms could (and should) be completed but that is always likely to fall on deaf ears with ED, probably because they don't actually know where the finish line is. Case in point - KA50. Still has bugs, still has issues that have been created with other patches/fixes and although it was released in 2008 it's still not complete and going through another update when there are way more important core issues that should be getting dealt with first.

#4496134 - 11/05/19 11:34 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: NineLine]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Hey nine line just some feedback:

I was desperate to invest in and support ED - particularly the ww2 content which I reckon holds amazing promise. Love the whole Normandy project if it is ever properly realised and optimised (late war Europe map to match the plane set please).

I was banned when I gently suggested I would be unwilling to buy further modules until the WW2 content was delivered as we paid for as part of the original Kickstarter project. Fair comment I thought. I did not do this in a rude way - simply a consumer asking politely what had happened to the product they paid for.

I realise flight sims is a unique business and not a McDonald’s - but it was all rather poor in my view. The lack of transparency sucked quite frankly.

As I said. I’m still willing to forgive and support. I’d love to see a properly realised WW2 sim with damage models and improvements in spotting. But being banned for this kind of stuff really doesn’t help improve my view of the whole ED project.

The ban was a year ago. I haven’t bothered going back since.

Again - simply for your own feedback.

Last edited by Bumfluff; 11/06/19 05:57 AM.
#4496196 - 11/06/19 02:31 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Warning points...............hahahahahahahahaha. Such childish garbage going on over there. Let the adults say what they want. They purchased your crappy software, let them vent. Let them use the F word if they want. Which cracks me up about this place, there's no underage kids on these forums but they self censor. 37 years on construction sites and none of y'all can say anything I haven't heard. LOL

#4496670 - 11/09/19 07:54 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Bumfluff]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Bumfluff

I was desperate to invest in and support ED - particularly the ww2 content which I reckon holds amazing promise. Love the whole Normandy project if it is ever properly realised and optimised (late war Europe map to match the plane set please).

I was banned when I gently suggested I would be unwilling to buy further modules until the WW2 content was delivered as we paid for as part of the original Kickstarter project. Fair comment I thought. I did not do this in a rude way - simply a consumer asking politely what had happened to the product they paid for.

I realise flight sims is a unique business and not a McDonald’s - but it was all rather poor in my view. The lack of transparency sucked quite frankly.

As I said. I’m still willing to forgive and support. I’d love to see a properly realised WW2 sim with damage models and improvements in spotting. But being banned for this kind of stuff really doesn’t help improve my view of the whole ED project.

Your ban should be lifted now (we lifted all of them recently), and if you still have warning points I would be more than happy to review them. There was a lot of heat of the moment issues on both sides of the fence, and I know the mod team got heavy-handed at times, and I am sorry for that. We are trying to get better, and we are trying to make amends for some of that. I know these are just words, and I know that only action will make a difference. And I want anyone to be able to come to me if they feel they have been mistreated on the forums, especially going forward.

On the new DM, I am super excited for that, I am spending this weekend to make some videos about where I think the visuals still need love internally and am going to submit that to Nick Grey and the team. The WWII map we are working on looks beautiful, I have been hoping we will start sharing info on that very soon. Lots of big plans for WWII... but again, action over words.

Anyways, I hope you will give us another chance, yes we still have rules, but I want to make sure that not just users follow these, but our moderation team as well.

Please reach out to me if you have any more questions or concerns.

Last edited by NineLine; 11/09/19 07:55 PM.
#4496673 - 11/09/19 08:00 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Originally Posted by LOF_Rugg
Warning points...............hahahahahahahahaha. Such childish garbage going on over there. Let the adults say what they want. They purchased your crappy software, let them vent. Let them use the F word if they want. Which cracks me up about this place, there's no underage kids on these forums but they self censor. 37 years on construction sites and none of y'all can say anything I haven't heard. LOL

Sorry you feel like the ED forums should be run like a construction site, but we are an all-ages, multi-language forums, we have rules, and I believe most adults are quite capable of discussing issues and concerns without typing adult language or insults, even someone that has worked years in construction. And to be quite honest, we rarely give warning points for the occasional F-bomb, the people that do it over and over after we have made it clear it's not acceptable. Again, I am sorry we have rules, but I don't think that inhibits a person's ability to convey their frustrations or dissatisfaction in something...I mean you just managed to do it above without using it.

Last edited by NineLine; 11/09/19 08:17 PM.
#4496703 - 11/10/19 12:02 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA

#4496801 - 11/10/19 09:51 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
reconmercs Offline
reconmercs  Offline

an island
Well, they are still deleting comments they don't like so not much has really changed. You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig.

#4496812 - 11/10/19 11:13 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: NineLine]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Your ban should be lifted now (we lifted all of them recently), and if you still have warning points I would be more than happy to review them. There was a lot of heat of the moment issues on both sides of the fence, and I know the mod team got heavy-handed at times, and I am sorry for that. We are trying to get better, and we are trying to make amends for some of that. I know these are just words, and I know that only action will make a difference. And I want anyone to be able to come to me if they feel they have been mistreated on the forums, especially going forward.

On the new DM, I am super excited for that, I am spending this weekend to make some videos about where I think the visuals still need love internally and am going to submit that to Nick Grey and the team. The WWII map we are working on looks beautiful, I have been hoping we will start sharing info on that very soon. Lots of big plans for WWII... but again, action over words.

Anyways, I hope you will give us another chance, yes we still have rules, but I want to make sure that not just users follow these, but our moderation team as well.

Mate that is much appreciated. Thanks.

But as I say - I want to stress I won’t be buying new DCS products until I see genuine efforts to repair the damage done by that Kickstarter business.
I’d like to see real progress in the aircraft we paid for and the Normandy map fixed.
Best of luck. I really hope it works out.

#4496920 - 11/12/19 01:21 AM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: Bumfluff]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada

Mate that is much appreciated. Thanks.

But as I say - I want to stress I won’t be buying new DCS products until I see genuine efforts to repair the damage done by that Kickstarter business.
I’d like to see real progress in the aircraft we paid for and the Normandy map fixed.
Best of luck. I really hope it works out.

Totally fair, if you are worried, it's completely fair to wait and see if our actions speak as loud or louder than our words right now.

#4497100 - 11/13/19 10:18 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: NineLine]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Sorry you feel like the ED forums should be run like a construction site, but we are an all-ages, multi-language forums, we have rules, and I believe most adults are quite capable of discussing issues and concerns without typing adult language or insults,

Construction sites are run much better than ED's forums. They actually figure that the people there are adults working towards the same end goal. And if someone gets heated the next guy talks them down again. And judging by how the past ended up, none of y'all understand how to use a hammer (ban-hammer) either.

Last edited by LOF_Rugg; 11/13/19 10:20 PM.
#4497102 - 11/13/19 11:16 PM Re: The Eagle Dynamics "Great Un-banning of 2019" - you can tell your kids about this day .... [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA

Sorry you feel like the ED forums should be run like a construction site, but we are an all-ages, multi-language forums, we have rules, and I believe most adults are quite capable of discussing issues and concerns without typing adult language or insults,

Construction sites are run much better than ED's forums. They actually figure that the people there are adults working towards the same end goal. And if someone gets heated the next guy talks them down again. And judging by how the past ended up, none of y'all understand how to use a hammer (ban-hammer) either.

I use Ryobi Power Tools.... Same One+ battery works on dozens of tools.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.