Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 100 of 366 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 365 366
#4491863 - 10/07/19 12:53 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

EDIT: kk, to your added remark about my office, - that is my sanctuary from all the madness, my Fortress of Solitude, if you will. Though I have wondered on occasion why the door on it locks from the outside.

Hey, I hear ya...and I have the most sincerely profound respect and admiration for your space and the contents thereof. I have the same thing, you know... just mine is all about computer hardware. In fact, at this moment, I'm in a 10 x 12 room that contains three workbenches, two desks...and 16 computers (all working, natch) from an old Qx6800 unit, through an SLI setup (with two GTX460s I got from a nice fella up north), 3rd and 4th gen Intel gaming setups....to my own 6700k/1070Ti.

Oh, and I took the door off my room. It was blocking where I could put a printer biggrin biggrin biggrin

Last edited by kksnowbear; 10/07/19 12:55 PM.
#4491864 - 10/07/19 12:54 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Fullofit and Lou, You two make my day!

Last edited by MFair; 10/07/19 12:55 PM.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4491866 - 10/07/19 01:00 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, at your service, but I don’t make days. I stop at making my own bed ... and coffee.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4491869 - 10/07/19 01:45 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

MFair, glad to know your day has been made. I don't do windows though.

kk, thanks. It sounds like your space is a fun one to call your own as well. As to that fella up north, I hear he's a bit titched. Nice, as you say, but titched.

#4491890 - 10/07/19 03:15 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Fullofit: Thanks 4 the heads up on wing mates. I haven't bought PE as yet was waiting to see how u guys make out.

#4491954 - 10/07/19 09:09 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Keith Cunard Mallory
LT, Rfc MC
B Flight Commander
29 Sqn, Ablee , France
DH-2's
5 Kills

7 Oct 1916.

Went along with morning Rail yard strike of 7 a/c We made a lot of Holes However , My Lewis Jammed on the second pass so Hi Ho and , I went home. We had 2 a/c damaged.

Attached Files CFS3 2019-10-07 13-21-08-21.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 10/07/19 09:14 PM.
#4491967 - 10/08/19 12:08 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Carrick, is this a self imposed rule or could you not unjam it?

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#4491974 - 10/08/19 02:25 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

it just ran away sometimes. Fire and jam, Repeat, repeat Jam. Maybe my Flight thrust er is dyeing. I had problems re calibrating lately. For example the Twist stick ends up controlling the throttle and the speed controls the turning of wings and tail I fly it anyway. If it doesnt re calibrate the next few times I will go get another simple Twisty stick.

#4492073 - 10/08/19 05:18 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Keith Cunard Mallory
LT, Rfc MC
B Flight Commander
29 Sqn, Ablee , France
DH-2's
5 Kills

Oct 8, 1916.

Posted to a Balloon flight. I was leader for the Sqn's 6 a/c. Stayed high as there were 2 unknown flights prowling the area. The chaps got the Bag and RTB with no losses to us.

Attached Files CFS3 2019-10-08 09-56-31-47.jpg
#4492108 - 10/08/19 11:42 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
7 October, 1916 09:50 morning mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry
25 confirmed kills

The C.O. decided it would be advantageous to train more pilot on single seat machines. Flight Sub-Lieutenant Eggleston would trade places with Flight Sub-Lieutenant Sebastian Colburn to gain some experience. Toby was assured this would be temporary and a new wingman would soon trade places again.

They were tasked with bombing enemy front lines north of St. Dié. On their way a Roland attacked them near Eloyes. The German machine was difficult to bring down but eventually ended up as another big hole in the ground. Toby’s engine was hit and he was forced to land in a field nearby. Colburn was wounded in the process. Was there another Roland in the area?

YouTube Link

Apologies for the flashing sky. Still fiddling with the settings.

#4492117 - 10/09/19 01:32 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Fullofit, great video, but don't you think Toby took a few too many chances this time? Was he wounded?
HarryH, the stutter wars are threatened to outdo the Great War. Good luck with PE. Are you enjoying it?
Lou, do you think our boys were played. Collins is still not sure. The boy needs a big brother to sort him out. Good luck with your time on HE.
MFair, that Goering fellow is a bit "special." Watch yourself around him, Drogo!
Carrick, I'm enjoying some of your DH2 photos. You're being really smart with Keith. Like many of us, you're feeling the pinch of flying an inferior machine right now.
Hasse, I can't wait for Julius's posting to come through.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Collins is returning to France!

An Airman’s Odyssey – by Capt James Arthur Collins, VC, MC

Part Seventy-One: In which I am pleasantly surprised

The journey to France was a bit of a thrill. In a way it was more like going home than my posting back to England had been. I flew one last time at sunrise on 4 October, said my farewells to everyone in North Weald, and drove over to Sutton’s Farm to see Billy Leefe Robinson and Freddy Sowrey. They were a bit jealous of me and I reassured them we’d have a fine booze-up together in France one day soon. Freddy got the use of my car until my return – Billy had already bought one.

There was a fuss at Victoria Station. Alex’s story about Swany had been picked up in the British press and she had followed it up with one about my third and fourth Zeppelins. Her details were somewhat embellished but the public ate it up. I was recognized by a YMCA volunteer while swilling a mug of tea she had offered me at the canteen ion the platform. A crowd gathered about and it was necessary to board the train early to get away. In Folkestone I caught the leave boat Onward to Boulogne and was ashore in that overcrowded port by noon on 5 October. Desperate to get away, I took a train to Doullens that evening, which got me into town at midnight. I phoned for a drive and was picked up by a tender and dropped off at 2 AD outside of Candas in the middle of the night. There I found an empty bed and slept until six, when I managed a lift to Fienvillers, about a half-mile across the open fields to the south.

[Linked Image]
"In Folkestone I caught the leave boat Onward to Boulogne..."

I was told in the 19 Squadron office that the CO would be having breakfast in the mess, so I wandered into the long hut that served this purpose and dropped my bag. Major Reginald Rodwell was sitting with two captains, deep in conversation. I excused myself and interrupted. The Major immediately stood and shook my hand, motioning me to sit and have something to eat. I had not eaten since the ship, and devoured two sausages and an omelette with a fine cup of coffee. Major Rodwell said he’d heard good things about me from his old friend “Bay” Harvey-Kelly. They'd served together in 2 Squadron at the start of the war. We had introductions all round. The first captain was named Tidwell and looked old enough to be my father. Indeed he’d been born early enough to have served in South Africa, and he wore the distinctive green, white, and orange campaign ribbon of the King’s medal for his service there.[1] He had been with the squadron since June and commanded A Flight. The other captain was Ian Henderson, son of General Henderson, and a splendid fellow. He was an Etonian and a Sandhurst type, having served as a subaltern in the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders until transfer to the RFC in 1915. He had been with the squadron since July and had the distinction of downing two Huns with the BE12. Henderson commanded B Flight. And I had C.

All three officers assured me the BE12 was absolute rubbish in France. Because our BEs were useless as scouts, we’d been assigned to HQ Wing and were on a steady diet of dropping bombs on railroad yards and aerodromes. Major Rockwell told me that they had been promised that they would re-equip with the new French Spad scouts “and then we’ll teach the Hun a thing or two, what?” We chatted for twenty minutes. The fellows were curious about Zeppelin hunting and warned me to take my time with the BE12 against winged Huns. And that was when the Major informed me that since I’d already been in France six months, I could take C Flight over the lines at quarter to eight. This morning we were off to the German aerodrome at Vaux en Vermandois, south of the Somme.

I rushed to square away my kit. The three flight commanders shared accommodations in a new kind of building called a Nissen hut, a tin affair that looked like an oil drum split in half vertically and laid on its side. Inside we had a large carpeting front room in common and three partitioned single rooms with oilcloth windows. An iron stove heated the thing. I found the empty bedroom and laid out my flying kit. Ten minutes later I found C Flight Bessonneau and there I met Prince and Orlebar. The former was a fresh-faced fellow who’d been a bank clerk and the latter a typical public school type who’d served in Gallipoli with one of the county regiments. He was introduced as Orly and thereafter known as nothing else.[2]

The machine was thoroughly familiar. We took off and turned east. I veered south of due east until I picked up the line of the Somme, passing my old field at Lahoussoye. From there on I was home. We crossed the lines at 7000 feet and began to descend during the last few miles before the target. The bombs were loosed from 3000 and we climbed away quickly. I did not relish tangling with the new German Albatros scouts before getting our Spads. Scarcely had this thought crossed my mind when Prince wagged his winged and pointed down. #%&*$#! I was out of practice and should have seen them first – three brown and green Halberstadts were climbing and almost on us.

Two more BE12s from A Flight were about a mile off and diving fast to help us. We turned to meet the Huns. The BE12 was very heavy on the controls in this kind of scrap, but with enough speed it was possible to hold one’s own against a Halberstadt if you all worked together. Orly was on one of the Huns and drove him in front of me. I fired a long burst, discovering that the air intake on the BE12 prevented any meaningful sighting of the gun, and the off-centre ring and ball sight was useless in a real air fight. But I must have hit the Hun, for he broke away and headed northeast. In a flash I dived on his tail and from behind and below I had time to lean over the side and fire a long, aimed burst. To my surprise, the Hun reared up and began to tumble earthward, crashing between the lines. Orly gave me a wide grin and a wave. This was my tenth victory. It would help immeasurably to make 19 Squadron a good home.

[Linked Image]
"In a flash I dived on his tail..."

I flew twice daily on 7 and 8 October. Only on the morning of 8 October did we encounter aggressive Huns. It was Halberstadts again. I led Prince and a fellow named Child. We were shepherding a pair of BE2s to the aerodrome at Riencourt, well into Darkest Hunland, when the HAs dived on us from the sun. This time I saw them first. I think I hit one, for he dropped out of the fight. I followed him, but broke away when ground fire hit my wings. The sky seemed empty and I climbed westward, looking for the BEs. After a few minutes, Child approached on my right side. We were safely over the lines near Bellevue when I saw two machines circling about low over the fields just behind our reserve trenches. We dropped on them and found a Halberstadt sizing up Prince’s machine. I was able to surprise him and fired nearly seventy rounds, but I doubt I hit him more than four or five times. The Hun fought bravely, breaking for home whenever we were not on his tail. In the end, Child got the killing burst into him. We had a good little crew here.

NOTES:

[1] Cecil Robert Tidwell was 39 years old when Collins met him. A Harrovian, he had served in the cavalry in the Boer War. He joined the RFC in September 1915 as an observer. He returned to Home Establishment in January 1916, qualified as a pilot, and returned to France to join 19 Squadron in June 1916. Unknown to Collins, Tidwell had less than two weeks more to live.

[2] Augustus Henry "Orly" Orlebar attended Rugby School and served as a second lieutenant in the Bedfordshire Regiment in Gallipoli. Wounded there, he returned to England and upon recovery transferred to the RFC. He obtained his final qualifications in September 1916 and was posted to 19 Squadron shortly before Collins's arrival. He survived the war and flew with the RAF team in the Schneider Cup races between the wars. In the Second World War he served on RAF staff as Director of Training. He died of natural causes in 1943.

Attached Files SS Onward.jpgKill No 10.png
#4492122 - 10/09/19 03:10 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
You must have a rare talent if you can get a Be12 to do anything "in a flash" Raine!

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#4492174 - 10/09/19 04:24 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Raine, you are right. Toby should not have taken that risk. There are no excuses. So, how does it feel to be back in France chasing real planes again? Looks like Collins made himself right at home. Congrats on that 10th kill. Time to start catching up to Swany.
Ace_Pilto, after chasing dirigibles everything else seems to move in a flash.

#4492180 - 10/09/19 05:05 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Fantastic stories! I'm greatly enjoying this DID campaign. The latest entries by Lou and Raine have been particularly entertaining. reading

Unfortunately the paper pushers in the rear are taking a ridiculously long time to process Julius's transfer request. I'm not done with his adventures in Berlin yet, but I'm starting to wonder whether the whole transfer thing is even working.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4492184 - 10/09/19 05:14 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Hasse, you may have to fly missions in your old career while the paperwork goes through. I needed to do that in the last DiD. Simply advancing time does nothing. Alternatively, set up a new campaign with your old picture, current rank, name and dates and start in your new squadron. I did this for a transfer to England, naming the new guy "James A Collins" instead of James Arthur Collins. I add the missions, hours, and kills manually.

#4492198 - 10/09/19 06:26 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Raine quote: HarryH, the stutter wars are threatened to outdo the Great War. Good luck with PE. Are you enjoying it?

Great episode, Raine, welcome back to France! I am enjoying the look and feel of Platinum immensely. Currently I'm testing Panama Red's revised BT mods for same, and still tweaking, but really getting super performance from it now. As for the stutter wars, we've called a truce. Besides, Hadn't you heard? It's the Hiccup wars now smile. Seriously, stutters are pretty much a thing of the past for me now. I'm just not seeing them at all, hooray! What I do get is the very occasional (i.e. one in every 15 to 20 minutes) single, momentary pause (hence the description "hiccup"). Clouds still pop, but quite a bit less than with UE.... and those hideous flickering cloud edges are completely GONE!!! So cool smile

Fullofit: another fine bit of flying. Good work!

Vizfeldwebel Lazlo Halász,

Jasta 1, Bertincourt, France
October 5th-9th 1916

Jasta 1 had been slow to heal after numerous losses, mostly due to faulty engines. They were starting to receive replacement machines in the form of the DIII variant, but just when they thought their bad fortune was receding, Lazlo's latest wingman went down in flames, just as they were arriving back over Bertincourt field. It didn't seem to matter which Halberstadt, the engines were unreliable in them all. Furthermore, rain had arrived in force, and complete days had been lost to poor weather. This wasn't all bad news, however. Apparently the dreadful flooding on the ground had slowed the enemy's advance and German troops were recovering to hold their positions, as the battle of the Somme continued on.

Late on the afternoon of October 5th, Lazlo was summoned to the office. Zander welcomed him in and asked him to take a seat.

"Lazlo, dear fellow. We've seen your confidence grow over the past several weeks. I'd like you to go up and have a look around west of Bapaume. We've had some reports of those FE2B machines annoying our men around Delville 
Wood, probably they are using 
Bellevue as their base of operations. Don't go over the lines, just loiter on our side for an hour or so, got it?" Zander looked up at Lazlo expectantly.

"Oh, er, jah, of courses", Lazlo paused for a moment. "But you are wanting me to be on my selfses? No one else going?".

"Correct, Lazlo. It's called a 'Lone Wolf'* assignment. I don't want to frighten the FE2s away with a lot of noise. Just yourself on this one". Zander tried to give him an encouraging smile, but he could tell that Lazlo was less than keen. Still, he knew the man would comply. Lazlo saluted, exited the office and wandered back to his hut to get changed into his flying gear.

The rain drove hard into his face as Lazlo circled aroundthe outskirts of the city. He was at 2,000 meters or thereabouts. He didn't see anything and eventually returned to Bertincourt. The following day Kette zwei went up for a patrol of their own lines. The rain had stopped but the skies were filled with thick, grey clouds. Visibility was poor and their machines were constantly buffeted by the gusty wind. As they returned home, Zander, who was leading the patrol, suddenly set off westward, obviously chasing something. Lazlo had seen distant AA fire somewhere near Harvincourt Wood, so he deduced that this might have been the enemy machine that Zander was now pursuing toward Bapaume. He decided to follow. After a long chase, they finally caught the machine just as it was preparing to land at Bellevue It was one of those FE2Bs that Zander had sent him off to look for the day before. Lazlo only managed to squeeze off four bullets before taking fire himself and deciding to leave this fellow to his business. He'd lost sight of Zander and didn't want to risk any sort of forced landing due to damage, so he turned for home. Back at the hangars the mechanics told him he'd been lucky. the fuel tank had been hit and had started to leak. They would need to patch weld, but he'd have it ready for tomorrow.

On the 7th, Zander asked Lazlo to fly solo once again.

"They are still around, Lazlo, those annoying FE2Bs. Try again to find one, would you?" Lazlo set off alone once more. He'd barely reached 1,000 meters when suddenly he was attacked by a silver Nieuport. Luckily he was alert and avoided the initial attack, soon managing to turn and pursue this foolhardy foe. Growling through his red beard, Lazlo turned and twisted his machine, but just as quickly as it had arrived, it disappeared! Lazlo, fuming, decided to head back to his field and circle for a while until things seemed safe. Eventually he set off for Bapaume. After a further 3o minutes or so, Lazlo once again encountered the Frenchman. At least, it seemed to be the same machine. More antics as the silver craft twisted and turned, almost as if inviting Lazlo to attack, trying to draw him down low to the ground. Lazlo snarled, refusing to take the bait. Suddenly, the Nieuport took off, just like that, heading west. Lazlo thought there was no point in chasing. He'd never catch it. He headed home, getting lost on the way, finally landing his machine at Pronville. Solo flying wasn't proving to be that easy!

By the 8th the weather had improved. Lazlo thought to himself that the troops on the front lines better have dug themselves in well, for there was sure to be a renewed push by the French, now that the rain had stopped. Flying weather was perfect, with clear blue skies and excellent visibility. On the 9th, kette zwei was dispatched to deal with another troublesome observation balloon west of Albert. They went deep into enemy territory for this one. Upon finally arriving at the target, Lazlo watched as Leffers and Diemer made an unsuccessful pass at the giant gas bag. To his great surprise they didn't appear to have an appetite to try again, despite there being minimal AA fire from below. Fools, thought Lazlo to himself. He decided to take a crack at it himself. Making a tight turn to his left, Lazlo brought his DIII around and lined up perfectly on the balloon. He loosed several salvos as he approached and was delighted to see the telling sign of grey smoke escaping. The balloon exploded as he passed over the top, sending a warm waft of air over Lazlo's machine. He quickly turned for home and spotted Von Keudell not to far off in front. He decided to name Von Keudell in his claim when he got back. Now all he could do was wait and see what high command decided.

On the 9th a routine patrol of enemy lines saw an encounter with three Nieuports which were milling about low over Bapaume. Lazlo stayed above, waiting for one of the machines to come up and engage. but they never did! Meantime his flight mates had disappeared. Lazlo continued the patrol on his own, eventually returning to Bertincourt. On the way back he suffered yet another engine problem. This time he suspected a hose had detached itself somewhere from the cooling system. He was able to dead-stick onto his field, just about avoiding a nasty stall in the process. His flight mates were already back and safe.

To be continued......

*platinum edition has introduced two new mission types to career mode: Lone Wolf and Scramble. I'm seeing these a little to frequently for my taste so I'm going to skip most of them from here on out. I'm also seeing some weird AI behavior in PE. These Nieuports that buzz around low to the ground, refusing to to come up and engage. Maybe that's a "tactic" but I never encountered anything like it with UE. Hopefully there'll be a patch at some point that addresses things.

Northern California is entering fire season and PG&E is shutting our power off today, maybe for as long as a week!!! Be safe up there and I'll get back with Lazlo when I can. I'll leave you with this assortment of videos from the stories above smile

Last edited by HarryH; 10/09/19 06:31 PM.

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4492219 - 10/09/19 09:23 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Raine: The pinch ? Flying an inferior machine is a feeling of being Hunted U Know that the Hammer will fall, U just don't know when it will fall.

Harry H: good Vids.

#4492230 - 10/09/19 11:34 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Hasse, Raine is right (or is that right as Raine?) You have to fly missions if you wan the time to pass for transfers.
Harry, great vids. Looks like Big Red is holding his own against those dastardly Nieups.

8 October, 1916 15:45 afternoon mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry
26 confirmed kills

Bombing Sierentz aerodrome was a difficult task. It was a long trip and the target was deep into enemy territory. Mulberry and MacGregor decided to split up and approach the field from two different directions. Norman took the direct route while Toby took a detour over the Vosges. He was approaching the target and could see the field far ahead but an Eindecker patrolling over the ‘drome stood in his way. Toby had the German plane in his sights soon after. The Hun continued to dive and turn to avoid getting fired on and Toby was getting dragged lower to the ground. Finally the monoplane was hit and spun to the ground near the Mulhouse railyard. Toby could see in the distance smoke rising from the Sierentz aerodrome which was being attacked by MacGregor. Mulberry was low but gaining altitude before dropping his own load. He watched as the bombs found their mark and exploded violently. The sun was beginning to set and Mulberry took a direct route back home before it got too dark to make a safe landing.

YouTube Link

#4492344 - 10/10/19 06:45 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Keith Cunard Mallory
LT, Rfc MC
B Flight Commander
29 Sqn, Ablee , France
DH-2's
5 Kills

Oct 10, 1916.

Big Duke Out , as the Amis say, On Escort with a G-4 over NML Our Flight of 8 a/c got hit by a passing flight of Rolands and Halbt's. What a Blooming mix up. The Halbt's stayed around to cop us, but the Rolands just flashed by firing the tail guns. I spotted one on me mates tail so helped out banging away. R e loaded and banged away some more. I say, what a tough old bird. I was all by myself down on the deck taking ground fire ( 5 were hits along the lower wing + 3 in the fuselage .) Then on my last drum, He started puking black smoke and peeled off doing the pancake thing forced down on his side of the lines, I didnt bother claiming him since no one was around to see it. E/a losses: 2 Halbt ( 1 was my forced down ) Sqn Losses: 2 Dh-2 destroyed both pilots KIA + 3 damaged

Attached Files CFS3 2019-10-10 10-57-21-58.jpgCFS3 2019-10-10 11-12-52-12.jpgCFS3 2019-10-10 11-13-00-58.jpgCFS3 2019-10-10 10-54-07-38.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 10/10/19 06:49 PM.
#4492388 - 10/11/19 12:00 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

You're a man of few words, Carrick, but they're always fun words to read smile Keep Malory safe, he's a good 'un!

Fullofit, great to watch that Eindecker spin at the end! Toby has a very steady aim.

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

Page 100 of 366 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM