Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4491438 - 10/04/19 04:18 PM Oops...  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

ED Newsletter:

Q: What are the deliverables expected of the F16 Viper before the developers move back onto completing the Hornet?
A: Engineers will return to Hornet development in the near future.

When customers were afraid that developing F-16 would delay the completion of F-18, they specifically noted that they're working on Hornet at the same time when developing F-16. And it doesn't affect Hornet's development time.
In Bethesdaland some call this song "Tell me lies, tell me sweet..."

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4491440 - 10/04/19 04:25 PM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

The whole company's pr is one big lie.

#4491456 - 10/04/19 06:38 PM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Ya bloody businesses. I'm still angry at Madge and Palmolive. It was all lies, softens hands while you do dishes my ass!

#4491460 - 10/04/19 07:38 PM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Development for the Hornet is not happening right now. Overall however there's a fair chance that Hornet development will be quicker than without the Viper due to the additional revenue and all the stuff they can use for both planes.

#4491466 - 10/04/19 08:06 PM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

That almost sound like they stopped developing Hornet due wanting to push F-16 out, not that there's anything bad about that especially when they type lua code faster when they have money in their hands as we have seen couple of years.

It's actually funny how that "since they have money more they work faster and it's easier now" argument still is being used.

Last edited by IceecI; 10/04/19 08:09 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4491470 - 10/04/19 08:51 PM Re: Oops... [Re: Sobek]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by Sobek
Overall however there's a fair chance that Hornet development will be quicker than without the Viper due to the additional revenue and all the stuff they can use for both planes.

Given that ED have no road-map or idea when the Hornet will be feature complete or even close to 'finished' that's an easy statement to make because you (and ED) have absolutely no possible way to measure progress against a timeline. How's the A/G radar coming along? When is that functionality supposed to be ready?......I'd wager the answer is something along the lines of "how long is a piece of string"

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4491476 - 10/04/19 10:27 PM Re: Oops... [Re: Sobek]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Development for the Hornet is not happening right now. Overall however there's a fair chance that Hornet development will be quicker than without the Viper due to the additional revenue and all the stuff they can use for both planes.

Geez...it sounds like the bad building contractor robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario: "I need half the money up front to start on your house" but actually, that money is going to finishing the previous house he's working on. So what early access-never to be finished-module is in the works to help fund working on the F-16?

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4491502 - 10/05/19 12:51 AM Re: Oops... [Re: Force10]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Force10

Geez...it sounds like the bad building contractor robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario: "I need half the money up front to start on your house" but actually, that money is going to finishing the previous house he's working on. So what early access-never to be finished-module is in the works to help fund working on the F-16?

The hind is in development to fund the f-16 I'd say If that is the cycle of Peter to pay Paul scenario.

#4491503 - 10/05/19 01:13 AM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
ED Newsletter:

Q: What are the deliverables expected of the F16 Viper before the developers move back onto completing the Hornet?

When customers were afraid that developing F-16 would delay the completion of F-18, they specifically noted that they're working on Hornet at the same time when developing F-16. And it doesn't affect Hornet's development time.

Does that mean that the entire group working on the hornet has been shifted to the F-16? It states 'engineers' unless every team member within ED's development team on the hornet are all 'engineers' then it would portray the development on the hornet has completely stopped. I'm curious what ED term as 'engineers'

Official ED testers would not be classed as 'engineer's' and I dont feel that they are part of the team 'working on the hornet' my interpretation of those working on the hornet would be those being paid for their work.

#4491506 - 10/05/19 01:35 AM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

I gotta admit after months and months of sleepless nights (several psychiatrist visits, different drugs, electroshock treatments etc.) I managed to get some sense of what might be or might not be, might be subject to change, might be or might not be true. So I compiled some theories about certain scenarios which might have been affecting our recent lives and generally the state of the world we are living (or in my case not living) today. As always this is by no means SimHQ's opinion/take on the subject, just mine.
I suggest you now take a deep look at the post below this post because it contains much more intelligent things for you to read (if there's no post then you don't have to, I'm not ordering you just that it's hard to read if there's no text ok. However you can read anything on the page, it's not my call, so we clear).
All text in this post is totally absurd and none of it is true in any means other than what it may or may not state. Also parental guidance is not adviced but recommended.

Possible reasons of "****"posting about Eagle Dynamics and its actions:

Scenario 1:
ED starts developing a module but doesn't have all the resources to complete it but still puts it to sale to get money to get rest of the data (they have stated that all that data is from public de-classified sources, so why do they need huge amounts of money? Btw my text editor doesn't have hourly cost).
That might get someone pissed.

Scenario 2:
ED has acquired all the data which is needed to complete the module but instead doing that delays it indefinitely (* why is it so hard to finish one? And why start another module when there's still work to do with the previous one? Lua coding just got more tedious after getting money? Keyboard malfunction? Plausible).
That definitely might get someone pissed.

Scenario 3:
Workers at ED HQ don't have the data required (then why they start development of a new module?) therefore brainwashes crowds to think about how much simulation development costs and justifies another simultaneus module and/or don't know how to get all the data needed (without getting jailed anyway) and start developing another module hoping that things would change.
Might get some angry looks.

Scenario 4:
ED has all the data needed and plenty of resources. (*)
That's not probably good from consumers view point.

Scenario 5:
They just don't give rats (or bats) backside and keep painting nice little fluffy clouds to sky since there's no hurry, recent module sells got them enough money for now and soon they start developing another module after first advertising it half a year.
Maybe plausible, but might seem quite far-fetched.

Scenario 6:
ED really cares about its customers and therefore starts to develop module after another just because they know that people will like the new modules and make them happy.
That's probably true unless it's not.

Scenario 7:
Same as Scenario 6 but with difference that they really don't want to fix known bugs in the simulator which would satisfy customers, which would mean that the buyers got what they wanted.
That, I think is just absurd but might not be true.

Yea, maybe none of those fit, however I suggest that community starts donating ED some money so they can get free notepad++ for lua coding (because development costs so much) and if needed some other text editor for that fancy stuff (for example correct spelling, capitalizing words etc). Also new iPads so they can deliver even better quality working simulations, nice graphics and of course new planes and helicopters.
And they still need more money to get free information so they can improve their already perfect flight models (editing a lua code costs more than creating it. Also digital distribution takes its toll, not to mention the sky high prices of Internet costs, storage space etc).

I know some of you are thinking: But the data they need isn't free - hmm - then who's taking the money and what kind of information is so precious that it costs so much? Well I can send e-mail to our dear almighty god, but I don't think he/she would give me the information cause I don't have that much money, not that I'd get a reply anyway.

Perhaps ED workers are underpaid? Well only you can help by donating.

One last thing; Which device you trust more, the one which comes with 10 year guarantee or a device with no guarantee?
Yes exactly. That's why there's no money back guarantee at EDs cause they know they can't deliver and there's always gonna be bugs and missing features. It's called a business plan.

#4491509 - 10/05/19 01:43 AM Re: Oops... [Re: Winfield]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Winfield

Does that mean that the entire group working on the hornet has been shifted to the F-16? It states 'engineers' unless every team member within ED's development team on the hornet are all 'engineers' then it would portray the development on the hornet has completely stopped. I'm curious what ED term as 'engineers'
Official ED testers would not be classed as 'engineer's' and I dont feel that they are part of the team 'working on the hornet' my interpretation of those working on the hornet would be those being paid for their work.

Well there's lots of things one can be engineering, new skin, new flight model etc. you name it. If you ask ED probably all are engineers when they are working on Hornet, but when there's F-16 engineers work on that while developers still continue on F-18.

#4491645 - 10/06/19 05:33 AM Re: Oops... [Re: Sobek]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada

Hornet development is still happening right now, Hornet development is not at 100% peak capacity, but I am still getting fixes ans well as updates to newly developed features 9AGM-62 and associated datapod) while the Viper release is ongoing. The members of the Hornet team will be moved back to their positions with the Hornet in a short amount of time now.

#4492816 - 10/14/19 07:49 AM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

I'm glad that someone appreciates the work ED has done.
https://gofile.io/?c=rJj3jK

#4492905 - 10/14/19 07:55 PM Re: Oops... [Re: Winfield]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by Winfield
Originally Posted by IceecI
ED Newsletter:

I've also wondered for a long time what the Official ED Testers actually do.....because the amount of obvious, glaring show stoppers that get through in the most basic aspects of start-up and flight tells me they aren't exactly doing any structured testing either.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4493394 - 10/18/19 03:35 AM Re: Oops... [Re: Paradaz]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Paradaz
ED Newsletter:
I've also wondered for a long time what the Official ED Testers actually do.....because the amount of obvious, glaring show stoppers that get through in the most basic aspects of start-up and flight tells me they aren't exactly doing any structured testing either.

We have started building an internal test team, as ED grows it is harder to do good solid testing with just volunteers.

#4493395 - 10/18/19 03:41 AM Re: Oops... [Re: NineLine]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by NineLine
ED Newsletter:

We have started building an internal test team, as ED grows it is harder to do good solid testing with just volunteers.

So you didn't ever have an internal testing team and let the players educate you what are current bugs. That's professionalism. Explains the amount of bugs there's always been. Let me guess, the bugs which you weren't going to fix for awhile/ever, you just silenced by banning the individuals who dared to even mention them.

#4493412 - 10/18/19 07:22 AM Re: Oops... [Re: IceecI]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

They have external betatesters that happily pay to "do" that job.
Why pay for it when you like money sooo much?

So, betatesting:
Some use it to post screenshots, others to promote their channel.
Some might find errors but hesitate to post on ED forum as you never really knows how the moderators will read the text - bad day equals instant ban.
Some fly because they think it's fun with new stuff (majority as far as I can read)
Exceptionally few actually do the tedious/repetitive work of actual betatesting.
My fact-less estimate of the last category is: absolutley zero "customers".

Early Access, yeah right.

#4493443 - 10/18/19 12:26 PM Re: Oops... [Re: NineLine]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by NineLine
ED Newsletter:

Legit question......so why the open beta branch?

The whole point of open beta was so "everyone could be testers" and present bug reports. Now it defeats the purpose of having 2 versions of DCS and calls BS on the original post all those years ago when 1.5 came out.

#4493445 - 10/18/19 12:35 PM Re: Oops... [Re: theOden]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by theOden
They have external betatesters that happily pay to "do" that job.
Why pay for it when you like money sooo much?

So, betatesting:
Some use it to post screenshots, others to promote their channel.
Some might find errors but hesitate to post on ED forum as you never really knows how the moderators will read the text - bad day equals instant ban.
Some fly because they think it's fun with new stuff (majority as far as I can read)
Exceptionally few actually do the tedious/repetitive work of actual betatesting.
My fact-less estimate of the last category is: absolutley zero "customers".

Early Access, yeah right.

I agree with you Oden. I have long questioned why a basic installer such as the release of Navada was never picked up by the testers when Chuck Owl downloaded the terrain and created an installer so others could seed it.

I could pick a part many failures where testers went south on products. More so is when basic bugs are reported and those 'official testers' (paid testers) make excuses for ED and the 3rd party developers who release modules.

How many times was it said that the testers were too busy testing the hornet rather than test the installer??

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.