Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4490967 - 10/01/19 02:40 AM Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/us/man-burned-old-faithful-trnd/index.html

A 48-year-old man suffered severe burns after falling into a hot spring at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming late Sunday night, the National Park Service announced. Cade Edmond Siemers told Park Rangers that he took a walk off the boardwalk without a flashlight and tripped into the thermal water near the cone of Old Faithful Geyser

They later found a beer can near the geyser, along with one of Siemers' shoes, and footprints leading to and from the geyser.

At the vent, the water is 203 degrees Fahrenheit.

duh

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4490981 - 10/01/19 05:33 AM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: Haggart]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
https://www.yellowstonepark.com/.amp/things-to-do/cautionary-tale

The 2016 death happened shortly before we visited and was a hot (geddit?) topic there. The story went that all they found was his mobile phone, although that may have been embellished!

We all stayed firmly on the boardwalk.

#4490990 - 10/01/19 08:06 AM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: Haggart]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
At least, no Darwin stick (the ones used to prove one's own existence) was involved.

#4491181 - 10/02/19 08:42 PM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: Haggart]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Another genius made the news yesterday having hopped the safety barrier at a zoo's lion exhibit. The video shows her within ten yards of a good-sized male who, fortunately for her, is just staring at her. Thank God he didn't attack or he would have been killed for her stupidity.

Sorry, I shouldn't insult stupid people. The ones who do this, for the most part, aren't stupid. They just think that the rules don't apply to them.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4491189 - 10/02/19 09:17 PM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: Haggart]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

VB, what I find deeply unpleasant about that, is that it endangers not just the moron, but the lion too. It is common to 'destroy dangerous animals' after a death... something which isn't completely avoidable, but the deliberate trespass over safety barriers certainly is. It also puts other people at risk, trying to safely extricate her from a potentially dangerous situation.

#4491190 - 10/02/19 09:18 PM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: Haggart]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
I saw that too vonBaur real 15 minute hero and I'll call it stupid because that's what it is..And if she got attacked they would probably have tried to sue the zoo because the barrier wasn't high enough

Russ
Semper Fi
#4491214 - 10/03/19 12:49 AM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: Lieste]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Lieste
VB, what I find deeply unpleasant about that, is that it endangers not just the moron, but the lion too. It is common to 'destroy dangerous animals' after a death... something which isn't completely avoidable, but the deliberate trespass over safety barriers certainly is. It also puts other people at risk, trying to safely extricate her from a potentially dangerous situation.

i really hate that 1920s excuse that if an animal attack a person they will know they are prey....they are foking predators, everything is prey untill they show their teeth back at them.

#4491232 - 10/03/19 07:53 AM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: vonBaur]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted by vonBaur
Sorry, I shouldn't insult stupid people. The ones who do this, for the most part, aren't stupid. They just think that the rules don't apply to them.

...which is a kind of stupidity, one of the worst. If you have a low IQ, that's at least an excuse, not much that you can do about unfortunately. The special form of hubris that safety regulations only apply to others (hybris darwiniae is the medical term, I think) fortunately often comes with instant karma. I don't think we should strike hubris from the list of attitudes to be lambasted.

#4491267 - 10/03/19 01:08 PM Re: Man Severely Burned After Falling Into Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park [Re: Ssnake]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by Ssnake
Originally Posted by vonBaur

...which is a kind of stupidity, one of the worst. If you have a low IQ, that's at least an excuse, not much that you can do about unfortunately. The special form of hubris that safety regulations only apply to others (hybris darwiniae is the medical term, I think) fortunately often comes with instant karma. I don't think we should strike hubris from the list of attitudes to be lambasted.

+1

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.