Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4489858 - 09/18/19 03:48 PM Speech Sets  
SkyHigh Offline
SkyHigh  Offline

Ireland
In my 160 installation, I have recently discovered that when flying Japanese in SPAW, original and SPAW2019, I am hearing German radio voices. I note that in my original SPAWTheatre folder, there is a 'Sounds' folder containing Japanese and US voice files, although this is absent in SPAW2019. Likewise, I am only hearing British and German voices in SAW, although there is a 'Sound' folder contained within with Spanish speech files. The same effect occurs in New SPAW Floatplanes theatre, although it also contains a 'sounds' folder. How can I activate the appropriate speech from the relevant sound/sounds folder for each individual theatre? [Note: FAW contains no such sounds folder, although there are Russian and Finnish voice sets available].

Thanks in advance.

#4490615 - 09/26/19 01:10 PM Re: Speech Sets [Re: SkyHigh]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
I have just re-arranged my UAW160 multiplayer folder, and made a couple of extra "dir.set" files.
The result is as follows:

The Finnish theatre gives Russian voices in allied planes, and Finnish voices in Axis planes (independent of plane-set).
The Spanish theatre gives Spanish voices with both.

I have a South Pacific Multiplayer, and a floatplanes theatre, which give Japanese voices for Axis planes.

I do not have the SPAW2019 folder in this one, because it is a beta. In any case as it is a beta there are no speech files in it in order to minimise the download.
They will be added with the release version.

I notice also that Carrier Air War has Japanese voices for Axis planes.

For the people using my multiplayer version I will create a patch for the Finnish Theatre wink

The post is here Multiplayer thread

wink Jel

Last edited by MrJelly; 09/26/19 01:25 PM. Reason: Link added

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4490642 - 09/26/19 07:05 PM Re: Speech Sets [Re: SkyHigh]  
SkyHigh Offline
SkyHigh  Offline

Ireland
Thanks, Jel. Can you provide the same facility for singleplayer, or will it work in singleplayer if we install the relevant folders from multiplayer?

#4490723 - 09/27/19 05:07 PM Re: Speech Sets [Re: SkyHigh]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
The multiplayer version is no different from any other, except the theatres that are included are ones that we know work well for multiplayer sessions.
In multiplayer games there is no time acceleration, so you are flying in real time.

Moggy's "Midway" is not included because is historical, and the Allied and Axis bases are far apart. If you tried ground-started multiplayer missions the players could be flying for an hour or two before making contact, and that is not on smile

So what I'm saying is that the multiplayer version is worth having even if you do not fly multiplayer. It is fine for offline play, single missions and careers, and there is still a good selection of theatres and plane-sets smile

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.