Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4490196 - 09/21/19 09:50 PM An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed.  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
...as I did.

I am posting this here because I haven't seen it listed here any where. I am hoping Modred doesn't mind.

This from the description of it over at Moddb:

BF 109 G-14 FLYABLE PACK This patch corrects a bug that did not allow to fly in the campaign mode with the Bf 109G-14. Also added: New hangar for the Bf 109 G-14, New HD train with 2 passenger wagons, New textures for airports (hangars, barracks, headquarters etc ...), New PATCH EAW128c MP02 (file exe). ...
BF 109 G-14 FLYABLE PACK
This patch corrects a bug that did not allow to fly in the campaign mode with the Bf 109G-14.

Also added:

New hangar for the Bf 109 G-14
New HD train with 2 passenger wagons
New textures for airports (hangars, barracks, headquarters etc ...)
New PATCH EAW128c MP02 (file exe)
Remember that In Aces over Europe there are two exe files: aoe.exe (offline flight) and eaw.exe (multiplayer flight on GameRanger)

DIFFERENCES TO EAW1.28C

War Emergency button:
With this new feature you can slightly lower your engine performance, so that it will not overheat quickly.

You need to assign a keyboard or Joystick button to:

"Configure Game" --> Controls --> Advanced --> Flight --> "Throttle 100%".

When you then push "Throttle 100%", the max throttle get reduced to around 95%,

when you push "Throttle 100%" again, you get max throttle again.

As such "Throttle 100%" is to toggle WEP off/on.

This only works for aircraft which are modelled with WEP!!

Re-arming the guns:
When you land near a hangar and park your plane within a 300 Feet/100 m radius of the center of the hangar, with your engine stopped and the wheel brakes on your guns will be re-armed.

Join a already running game.
You can join every running game up to the Setup screen. Here you can chat with the people who are flying.

If it is a ground started Mayhem, you also can fly.

-There is no need to wait online wondering when a game will finish with the "1.28c_MP01a" exe currently being used.

If you join you will get to the SESSION PARAMETERS screen, and if the game is a ground started mission you can hit "LAUNCH" and join the game. If it is not a ground started mission you will not be able to join, but what you can do is post messages in chat and they appear on the players' screens, so they can reply. That means you can find out if the game will end soon.

A 2nd controller:
(The EAW1.28c_MP line support two devices, though, only the default number of axis, split to the two devices.)

(The Logitech G940 HOTAS get listed as 3 devices with a HUGE number of axes (Roughly 12). The HOTAS probably uses the throttle axes as one device, the rudder as the 2nd and the stick(X/Y) as third device.)

Some people are used to flying in other sims with rudder pedals instead of twisting the joystick handle. Until now the use of a second controller was not possible in EAW. (EAW still only supports the direct stick button inputs from one controller.)

Now external Pedals can be used, or an external throttle control.

A typical eaw.ini setting for the external pedals would be:

Device Port1=1
Device Port2=2
Rudder Device=2
Throttle Device=1
Stick Device=1
The exit and quit game
The exit and quit game routines for On-line play have been changed to prevent a player pausing the game. In the past this often happened accidentally. It was rather disturbing and could cause lag and warp. This feature has been disabled at all for on-line missions. To exit an online game the player needs to hold down the Esc button for about 5 seconds.

Pre-flight chat changed:
Previously we had to reactivate the preflight chat after every line we typed, so a normal chat sequence was difficult. Often the 1st character of the message was missing, because the 1st keyboard input reactivated the chat. Now the chat is permanently active, until the player makes a right mouse click. The right mouse click enables the player and host to make selections.

As you can see the difference between MP01a and MP01 is a fix of the bug that often caused a CTD when the host or a player left the game, so that person never saw the debriefing screen.

EAW1.28c_MP02
News button …
While waiting for the guns to be rearmed, we will be able to push a button and then we get a related loadout added to our plane and a related message on the screen. Of course only, if our plane type have the loadout available.

This buttons need to get pushed:

F1 = "Bomb(s) loaded"
F2 = "Rockets loaded"
F3 = "Gunpods loaded"
F4 = "Extra fuel loaded" (only offline)
F5 = "Torpedo(s) loaded" (only offline)
BackSpace = "Unloaded"
If a loadout is not available the related button work like "BackSpace" and "Unloaded" get displayed.

A "Kill Shooter" got introduced.
A ground started mayhem (multiplayer mission with endless respawn) might result in a vulch-party, where people shoot others down, while they still take off and cant defend themself. Or when people landed damaged or to rearm. While this might be ok in a coop mayhem, this is just Bullsh... when people take off from the same airbase. To vulch someone realy dont need a human oponent, so this can be done offline.

So same like in Aces High we now will get a "Kill Shooter" for Mayhem games, to prevent vulch-partys.

It work like this:

Right after game start each players plane will display a little "Kill Shooter on" on the bottom of the screen.
As long as this message get displayed, everybody who shoot to you will take the damages, instead of you.
This message will disappear (Kill Shooter off), when you retake the undercarriage, or when you reach around 2000 feet altitude (this should be enough to start a combat).
So if there is someone around, who looks for a easy kill, just don't retake the undercarriage. Climb to around 2000 feet, then retake the undercarriage and use the altitude to gain a good maneuver speed.
If you want to land your plane(out of amo or damaged), you need to disengage in time, cause you dont get proteced by the kill shooter while landing!!
Once you are down and on slow speed(with or without undercarriage), the "Kill Shooter" get enabled again.
The "kill shooter" dont protect you against rockets or bombs!!
If two planes have the "kill shooter" enabled, they cant harm each other.
When the "kill shooter" is enabled and your plane once roll, you cant shoot your guns, so you cant kill someone else.
This will be a part of EAW1.28c_MP02!!

Also online the Loadout of all planes now get erased from the hardpoints, when the bombs got dropped (by default this didnt work correct). *aaa mechanism working to protect the landing plane, as long as no plane is located at a enemy base, the AAA will be present.
Chat mode
When the player is in "chat mode", the guns wont shoot anymore.

https://www.moddb.com/games/aces-over-europe/addons/bf109-g-14-flyable-pack

https://www.moddb.com/games/aces-over-europe/addons

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4490202 - 09/21/19 11:05 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Yeah modred has posted about this mod before when he was adding to the existing mod.
The description isn't doing it much justice as those are the codegroup exes hes using, He didn't modify them
Also the renamed single player exe could be troublesome for some OS, however it may work on Win10 properly.
From what I understand he may have added a few planes.

I believe MrJelly incorporated this mode into 160 or 150. I remember seeing it on the list.

#4490209 - 09/22/19 12:53 AM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: MarkEAW]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Originally Posted by MarkEAW
Yeah modred has posted about this mod before when he was adding to the existing mod.
The description isn't doing it much justice as those are the codegroup exes hes using, He didn't modify them
Also the renamed single player exe could be troublesome for some OS, however it may work on Win10 properly.
From what I understand he may have added a few planes.

I believe MrJelly incorporated this mode into 160 or 150. I remember seeing it on the list.

I don't know anything about the code group. Just posted the description to the latest add-on/patch to it - I was aware he posted about the mod before and also the B-25 add-on/adjustment - but there has not been an announcement as to the latest patch (sept. 6th) anywhere that I could see - so it was just a public service message.

As to Mr. Jelly incorporating it into 160 - it was and I am aware of it (I also use 160) - but it had some texture errors in 160 regarding the props of some aircraft that don't appear in Modred's original release -- so I, like some others here have an install of Modred's version that he keeps up at Moddb. smile

Last edited by Redwolf; 09/22/19 12:53 AM.

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4490524 - 09/25/19 01:51 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
Modred Offline
Modred  Offline

Italy "Pergine Valsugana"
Hi all,
the patch I published corrects a bug for which you could not fly with the Bf 109 G-14.
Among other things I changed the eaw.exe file with a version that seemed more stable to me.
I'm not sorry for this report, thanks to Redwolf.
What Redwolf has published are the differences between version 1.28C and 1.28CMP02.
Clearly we honor those who created these files some years ago.

bye winkngrin

Mariano "Modred"
Italy -------------------------
Eaw Gamer since 1998
https://www.moddb.com/games/aces-over-europe
https://www.moddb.com/games/european-air-war

#4490550 - 09/25/19 03:55 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Thanks to all involved in the creation of AOE..Good Fly

Russ
Semper Fi
#4490565 - 09/25/19 05:48 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
I am posting this because some time ago I made the request for personal reasons asking Modred to change this screen.

[Linked Image]

The photograph of a Lancaster with a crew alongside is not my uncle Archie's crew, but it is the very aircraft in which he was killed, with the rest of the crew over Bochum on 4th November 1944.
You can see the markings CF-Y and the "B154" part of its serial code PB154.

Hence my request, but unfortunately Modred has not acceded to it frown

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4490584 - 09/25/19 08:11 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Modred, If you used the final 1.28c exe I'm almost 100% sure that the MP02 was already incorperated into it.
You can double check the final 1.28c.exe to see if it has those features of the MP02 in it.
(I think Jel even updated it in the past 5 years)

What happen way back was 1.28c was released but continued to be worked on then the MP02 was incorperated into the 1.28c exe, the final one relased in dec 20 I think.
This is what I understand from it but not totaly sure as I'm not part of the group nor was I around when that happend.

#4490619 - 09/26/19 01:37 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
Modred Offline
Modred  Offline

Sorry, Mr. Jelly wacky
but I didn't realize you didn't want that photograph.
Personally I don't find the serious thing, but I remove it according to your desire. My project is to publish the gold version of EAW and then I will remove the photograph.

For Mark EAW.
I checked, but the MP02 was not incorporated into the 1.28c exe, at least the one I had.
For example, when I exit the multiplayer session, with the MP02 I have to hold the ESC key for a few seconds, before it wasn't.
If you have a better version of the 128 C file, please give me the link.

Thanks

Mariano "Modred"
Eaw Gamer since 1998

#4490628 - 09/26/19 04:47 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I'll look but maybe it was 1.29 that Jel updated somewhere in the last 5 years.

I know 1.28d is the same sa 1.28c expect it used different size menu screens maybe. Hard to remember.

Anyhow I'll take a look, see if I have anything newer.

#4490629 - 09/26/19 04:56 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Don't know if it's updated but I have an EAW1.29July2016 setup installed Think it's from jelly

Russ
Semper Fi
#4490630 - 09/26/19 05:17 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Knegel's description of the MP02 new features:

EAW1.28c_MP02
News button …
While waiting for the guns to be rearmed, we will be able to push a button and then we get a related loadout added to our plane and a related message on the screen. Of course only, if our plane type have the loadout available.

This buttons need to get pushed:

F1 = "Bomb(s) loaded"
F2 = "Rockets loaded"
F3 = "Gunpods loaded"
F4 = "Extra fuel loaded" (only offline)
F5 = "Torpedo(s) loaded" (only offline)
BackSpace = "Unloaded"
If a loadout is not available the related button work like "BackSpace" and "Unloaded" get displayed.

A "Kill Shooter" got introduced.
A ground started mayhem (multiplayer mission with endless respawn) might result in a vulch-party, where people shoot others down, while they still take off and cant defend themself. Or when people landed damaged or to rearm. While this might be ok in a coop mayhem, this is just Bullsh... when people take off from the same airbase. To vulch someone realy dont need a human oponent, so this can be done offline.

So same like in Aces High we now will get a "Kill Shooter" for Mayhem games, to prevent vulch-partys.

It work like this:

Right after game start each players plane will display a little "Kill Shooter on" on the bottom of the screen.
As long as this message get displayed, everybody who shoot to you will take the damages, instead of you.
This message will disappear (Kill Shooter off), when you retake the undercarriage, or when you reach around 2000 feet altitude (this should be enough to start a combat).
So if there is someone around, who looks for a easy kill, just don't retake the undercarriage. Climb to around 2000 feet, then retake the undercarriage and use the altitude to gain a good maneuver speed.
If you want to land your plane(out of amo or damaged), you need to disengage in time, cause you dont get proteced by the kill shooter while landing!!
Once you are down and on slow speed(with or without undercarriage), the "Kill Shooter" get enabled again.
The "kill shooter" dont protect you against rockets or bombs!!
If two planes have the "kill shooter" enabled, they cant harm each other.
When the "kill shooter" is enabled and your plane once roll, you cant shoot your guns, so you cant kill someone else.
This will be a part of EAW1.28c_MP02!!

Also online the Loadout of all planes now get erased from the hardpoints, when the bombs got dropped (by default this didnt work correct). *aaa mechanism working to protect the landing plane, as long as no plane is located at a enemy base, the AAA will be present.
Chat mode
When the player is in "chat mode", the guns wont shoot anymore.

The last version of MP02 was on the 20th December 2009, but I have some later versions of the 1.28c exe which I need to check out.

What I would have recommended is a version with the special 1.29 that I made a couple of years ago.
This special version uses 640x480 screens so there is o need to change them.
The big advantage is that 1.29 allows for proper planesets, and that way Modred could have provided a neat selection in a well-organised package.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4490633 - 09/26/19 05:32 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Can he just drop the 129 exe that you made 640x480 into his folder and it will load everything up like 1.28c has been?

BTW acording to my site notes there was a
EAW1.28C_MP02b
that is equal to the
EAW1.28D_1024

Last edited by MarkEAW; 09/26/19 05:41 PM.
#4490684 - 09/27/19 03:56 AM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: MarkEAW]  
iron mike Offline
iron mike  Offline

Maryland, USA

If you are using EAW 1.28 or.29 you should use OAW for 1.28 to manipulate EAW. It allows you to switch out the exe's, skins, terrain, and pretty much all aspects within the game. OAW is a very good intuitive control for the game.

.[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

OAW has a skin folder that is easy to use and makes switching skins in and out a real breeze. I use OAW to test standard skins in 8-bit 256 color and 512 full color bmp skins.

OAW is located at Talley-Ho http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/OAW.html

I'd like to say thank you to 'Mr Jelly', 'Knegel' and 'RAF_Roy' this marvelous gem

#4490691 - 09/27/19 08:55 AM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
Modred Offline
Modred  Offline

Hi all. winkngrin

Sorry guys but maybe the spirit of my work wasn't understood.
I created the mod to give everyone the opportunity, even to players who do not attend this forum, to be able to play EAW directly and easily.
I created a self-installing file so EAW can be installed in a simple way and you can fly without choosing between various configurations that might be difficult for someone.
I chose the period 1943-1945 because I consider it more interesting and with various models of aircraft.
I chose to keep the 640x480 interface because it allows hangars animations, which create the atmosphere of the 40s.
I chose version 1.28C because it allows this with the addition of having multiskin squadrons.
It's true, I don't have some options that have higher versions, but the purpose is to give a sim that recreate the feedback of the 40s as the original game.
So if there is a file eaw.exe 1.29 that maintains the features of eaw.exe 1.28C I insert it gladly, but I do not have this file.
All this does not want to detract from the great work done by Mr. Jelly and all of you, a job I really appreciate.

Thanks

Mariano "Modred"
Eaw Gamer since 1998

#4490692 - 09/27/19 09:13 AM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I will make a standalone set-up with one planeset with the 640x480 screen version of 1.29 and post a link in this thread wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4490697 - 09/27/19 11:55 AM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
Modred Offline
Modred  Offline

Good Idea
Thank you very much

thumbsup

Mariano "Modred"
Eaw Gamer since 1998

#4490702 - 09/27/19 01:23 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Here is the link:

UAW129 640x480 folder

The file that you download is named "UAW129 640x480 screens.exe" and it is a 7-zip self-installer.
Running it creates a "UAW129 640x480 screens" folder which contains a complete set-up.
So move the downloaded file to where you want the folder to be created and run it.

When you open the folder you will see this

[Linked Image]

Note that there is an "eaw.ini" file in it which is mine. If you have one from another EAW set-up then copy it and paste it in the folder, overwriting mine.
There is also an "eaw.exe" which is the one to run.
The DirSet Picker (with the French flag) allows you to select your eaw.exe, your theatre and set your planeset.

[Linked Image]

Currently there is only one exe, one theatre, and one planeset. The planeset is in the "AOE" folder.
However, the whole thing has been set up like this to allow for expansion and editing.
It could be possible to have a planeset for 1943, another for 1944 and a third for 1945.
There could be one with predominantly Italian planes on the Axis side.

Other theatres can be added too, it is up to the modders to do this, but I am happy to help smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4490704 - 09/27/19 02:03 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
Modred Offline
Modred  Offline

Thanks 1000
great work ; pilot

Mariano "Modred"
Eaw Gamer since 1998

#4490705 - 09/27/19 02:54 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
I don't understand the differences between the orgionial AOE and Jellys setup except for the front end could someone please give me a quick rundown on the changes,,Thanks

Russ
Semper Fi
#4490706 - 09/27/19 03:06 PM Re: An update to Modred's Aces Over Europe Mod you may have missed. [Re: Redwolf]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

1.29 does a lot more than 1.28c

I included the seasonal terrains so you can set the day and month to get the preferred season, and also the mission time to get those great dawn and sunset effects wink

[Linked Image]

However, the main benefit is that it can use planesets which 1.28c cannot.
They came in with 1.28e, with Ralf's ETO early, ETO late, Russia early and Russia late as Planeset1, Planeset2, Planeset3 and Planeset4 respectively.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.