Alicatt,
I hope you find the dance partner you desire.

On topic for the header, but off topic for Alicatt's thread.
After almost 3 years, the current owner of a 1963 YDS2 is recovering his sanity (family issues and Divorce) and has contacted me that he will send me the title for this bike. I can scan a pic of the bike when it was presented to the current owner and pics of it's current state. The original (not current) owner painted the chrome a 70's color to match the tank. The current owner can not find the gas tank, tach or headlight lens, but has decided to send me the title, seat and headlight bezzle in hopes of finding her a home outside of my garage. well, I think more hopes from him are that I will stop using contacts to remind him it is here. wink he is a friend from our days with K&W, Utica Mi. (K&W history is NOT the current owner. Mine and current bike owners history are since the current owner of K&W, which was 1990).

The bike came to me when the current owner thought it was low on compression. The problem turned out to be a clutch failure some time in the past. A 62 clutch was installed, resulting in slippage. The YDS2 clutch is mounted to the crankshaft, so kick start gear runs through the clutch. I have found the original technical bulletin describing the difference and had the driven plate machined to matched the 63. Since then I have also found an original 63 clutch.

The charging bushings are worn, but still (just) within the service limit. It needs fork seals and new tires. The main problem with making it driveable is that the air filters were shot.

The air box pieces bolt to the paper air filter. I have' salvaged the original end plates of the air filters, started fabricating cages and foam. 86 TRx250R UNI is the perfect size to make both filters. This is when owners life when to heck and I parked her in a corner. If I put premix into her (64 was first year for oil injection) and a 6 volt battery, I am sure she would run. Only thing in doubt would be the crank seals.

I am not looking for any money. I am looking for a home that such a survivor deserves. Without the tank, tach and lens, the locals want to make her into a bobber. If you know of anyone interested, PM me. Please do not PM me if it is for a breaker. I can kill her myself and take the profits.

Sorry for such a long post. I am looking for a good home for a 1963 Yamaha YDS2 that needs work. She is a perfect bike for a museum that needs spares, or doner bike for restoration project.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."