Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4490014 - 09/20/19 12:42 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
"Did you even read the article ? the navy classified this as unindentified aerial phenomena...not flying object.....they are considering this a natural phenomena not a made object. this says a lot.\
Also if you read about the incident you will know the navy tracked those objects with sonar when they dove underwater to flee the jets.[/quote]"

Ummm...now hold on. You say the Navy is considering this to be natural phenomena...and then stated that they dove underwater "to flee the jets." I see a problem there.

Last edited by Pooch; 09/20/19 12:42 AM.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4490015 - 09/20/19 12:47 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Haggart]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Haggart
I suspect Panzer may have worked at Area 51 and to this day still denies everything

i`m telling you he is an Chat AI, notice how he is on all thread with most views, and after twitter was created he is more jaded ? they are evolving !

#4490016 - 09/20/19 12:54 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Haggart]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

They are among us.

Attached Files 20-mars-300x214 mars attacks.jpg
#4490017 - 09/20/19 12:59 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: NH2112]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by NH2112
Originally Posted by cichlidfan
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Panzer, the amount of burst acceleration demonstrated in some of these videos is essentially impossible with today's technology without telltale wakes and exhaust trails--none of which we see. While it is easy to scoff and dismiss these as top secret military excursions, when air force pilots themselves can't figure out what the hell they are looking at, then they have my attention.

You are talking about technology that you are aware of. Also, the average AF pilot has not a clue what is in development or in experimental stages.

No, but he has a fairly intimate acquaintance with the physics of flight.

So does a hummingbird.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4490019 - 09/20/19 02:00 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Haggart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Take a breath folks. They're investigating

Attached Files images.jpg
#4490027 - 09/20/19 02:50 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: cichlidfan]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Panzer, the amount of burst acceleration demonstrated in some of these videos is essentially impossible with today's technology without telltale wakes and exhaust trails--none of which we see. While it is easy to scoff and dismiss these as top secret military excursions, when air force pilots themselves can't figure out what the hell they are looking at, then they have my attention.

You are talking about technology that you are aware of. Also, the average AF pilot has not a clue what is in development or in experimental stages.

So does a hummingbird.

Inertia. A hummingbird has very little to overcome. How much energy would be required to let an F18 move with the inertia of a hummingbird and also protect the pilot from virtually instantaneous acceleration?

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4490033 - 09/20/19 03:39 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: NH2112]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California

So does a hummingbird.

Inertia. A hummingbird has very little to overcome. How much energy would be required to let an F18 move with the inertia of a hummingbird and also protect the pilot from virtually instantaneous acceleration?

How do we know these are the size of and F-18, and how do we know they have a pilot?

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4490034 - 09/20/19 03:43 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Haggart]  
Forward Observer Offline
Forward Observer  Offline

Central Arkansas,US of A
My favorite quote on the subject

[Linked Image]

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
#4490035 - 09/20/19 03:48 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: NH2112]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

So does a hummingbird.

It's quite possible to protect the pilot from those forces, but the cockpit wouldn't look like anything we're accustomed to. As for allowing it to change directions and accelerate on the fly, well, that's an entirely different and more complicated issue.

I believe that many advanced civilizations we encounter now would...

a) Be benevolent or peaceful, more often than not
b) Avoid direct contact with us or sharing of technology, seeing how destructive and wasteful a species we are--or be quite wary of such, in the least

They'd probably be very worried what we would do should we get our hands on vastly superior technology.

#4490036 - 09/20/19 03:48 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Forward Observer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Forward Observer

[Linked Image]

And this, too. =)

#4490038 - 09/20/19 03:55 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Arthonon]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted by Arthonon

How do we know these are the size of and F-18, and how do we know they have a pilot?

I used the F18 as an example because it’s been implied these could be experimental aircraft. So, how much energy would it take to let an F18 move with the inertia of a hummingbird and also protect the pilot?

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4490041 - 09/20/19 04:56 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Haggart]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
I just think that experimental aircraft can be small and unmanned, like drones, so I don't think comparisons to a manned F-18 are meaningful.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4490042 - 09/20/19 05:19 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Forward Observer]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by Forward Observer

[Linked Image]

Perfect. thumbsup

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4490050 - 09/20/19 10:36 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Haggart]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I suspect Panzer may have worked at Area 51 and to this day still denies everything

I'm just stunned at how many gullible people there still are in existence in 2019.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4490053 - 09/20/19 10:47 AM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Arthonon]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
I just think that experimental aircraft can be small and unmanned, like drones, so I don't think comparisons to a manned F-18 are meaningful.

As small as a hummingbird, which is what started this? Can we agree that even a SMALL experimental aircraft will have many, many orders of magnitude of inertia to overcome, and that inertia will have to be negated, not simply overcome, in order for an object to move the way these did?

Phil

#4490069 - 09/20/19 02:51 PM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

I'm just stunned at how many gullible people there still are in existence in 2019.

We're not all gullible. Some of us fully realize there is no empirical evidence that aliens exist, but we find the Universe far more interesting if they did. So when things like this come along, we hope finally, maybe, something will come of it.

#4490070 - 09/20/19 02:54 PM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: NH2112]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

As small as a hummingbird, which is what started this? Can we agree that even a SMALL experimental aircraft will have many, many orders of magnitude of inertia to overcome, and that inertia will have to be negated, not simply overcome, in order for an object to move the way these did?

Precisely.

That object wasn't "as small as a hummingbird."

Physics are physics and can't be overcome.

Unless you shortcut them, that is. But we have no proof that the material structure of that UFO is comprised of molecules washed of all their Higgs bosons. If it were...

Well, spacetime would no longer apply in theory, not in a traditional gravitational mass reacting sense.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 09/20/19 02:54 PM.
#4490073 - 09/20/19 03:34 PM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK

We're not all gullible. Some of us fully realize there is no empirical evidence that aliens exist, but we find the Universe far more interesting if they did. So when things like this come along, we hope finally, maybe, something will come of it.

Totally agree. And to the people that think it's rubbish, I'd like to know how the respected pilot Fravor got it so wrong. With his experience you cannot just dismiss his account as secret test aircraft. His account suggests craft capable of doing things we are not capable of creating.

#4490075 - 09/20/19 04:03 PM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada

I am glad people weren't gullible back in the day when the Earth was flat and the Sun rotated around the Earth.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4490081 - 09/20/19 04:38 PM Re: The US Navy just confirmed these UFO videos are the Real Deal [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
MigBuster Offline
MigBuster  Offline

UK

I see - so somebody has visited the trillions of systems out there and proven that there is no other life - thought so.

'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.