Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4488277 - 09/03/19 01:56 PM Spider-Man: Far From Home (Extended)  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Well, I saw the Extended version of "Spider-Man: Far From Home" yesterday but since I didn't see it when it came out in July, I don't know what was extra.

Here's what's weird though. When I got to the theatre there was no one in the parking lot at all. It was a theatre I'd never been to before so I walked in and there was no box office. The concessions person saw me and asked if she could help me, and I said, "Where's the box office?" She said, well, this is concessions, but I can sell you a ticket. So I'm like, "OK..."

So I go into the theatre and I'm the only one there. They had some ads slide show running so I had a seat. I heard someone else come in and looked up and it was the concessions woman. She looked around, saw I was the only one there, and said, "We'll get the movie going in a second." OK, I guess I'm getting my own private showing!

OK, so the movie started with only one preview for "Ad Astra." I watched the movie and naturally waited to see if there was any extra after credits scene. About a quarter of the way through the credits, the movie starts fast forwarding. Skipping ahead as if you hit FF on your DVR. It overshoots the after credits scene by a little bit, then rewinds a little, then plays the scene.

So I'm like, ok, either they really REALLY want me to leave or they are trying to do me a favor by not having me wait through the end credits. Still it was weird, and what if I wanted to see what songs were played in the movie? Anyway, I left the theatre and there was no one in the lobby at all. As I walked out the door, I heard someone say, "Good night" but I didn't even turn around, I just kept walking as I was too weirded out.

Anyway, as for the movie, it was good. I love what they did with Mysterio, and Jake Gylenhaal did a really good job playing him. My only gripe is that there were certain things in the storyline that left some minor plot holes, and the after credits scene opens up a can of worms IMHO.

But yeah, pretty good. You certainly have to watch it after Infinity War and Endgame.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4488297 - 09/03/19 05:58 PM Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (Extended) [Re: bones]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Sounds a little bit like a Twilight Zone episode bones. Reading your description I could almost see a Telly Savalas character walk in and sit behind you while an all knowing doll appears in the seat next to you. behindcouch We have a theater(A Carmike turned AMC)that has no box office. You by your tickets as the concession stand which is weird to me and most of the time there is no one ever tearing tickets.

Kind of neat though that you had the theater to yourself and that whomever was there seemed to go out of there way to provide polite service to their only patron.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4488315 - 09/03/19 08:22 PM Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (Extended) [Re: bones]  
axman Offline
axman  Offline

NYC
There's an old joke about a customer calling the box office to find out what time a not so well regarded movie was playing.

The cashier responds, "What time can you get here?"

#4488361 - 09/04/19 01:49 AM Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (Extended) [Re: Coot]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted by Coot
Sounds a little bit like a Twilight Zone episode bones. Reading your description I could almost see a Telly Savalas character walk in and sit behind you while an all knowing doll appears in the seat next to you. behindcouch We have a theater(A Carmike turned AMC)that has no box office. You by your tickets as the concession stand which is weird to me and most of the time there is no one ever tearing tickets.

Kind of neat though that you had the theater to yourself and that whomever was there seemed to go out of there way to provide polite service to their only patron.

no dolls! That's a true nightmare for me...

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4488448 - 09/05/19 12:23 AM Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (Extended) [Re: bones]  
Discord Offline
Discord  Offline

Niagara Falls Ontario
Don't you mean Night Monkey Far From Home?

One day the West will fall. But if the Liberty for which we fight is taken up by the world then the West will not have failed.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.