Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4491573 - 10/05/19 04:54 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Fullofit]  
Winding Man Offline
Winding Man  Offline

Jhb, South Africa
Originally Posted by Fullofit
Originally Posted by Polovski

39) Implemented Pilot progressive health deterioration if wounds are severe (Progressive DM).

Pol, is the bleeding out limited to the player’s pilot only or extends to AI as well? If it includes AI do they attempt to fly to the nearest airfield and die while trying, or land immediately? If they land immediately do they die anyways because the mission continues while they’re sitting in the cockpit and continue to bleed out while waiting for the mission to end? Just wondering.

I have made the AI suffer the same progressive DM as the player to keep it balanced:

41) Implemented progressive damage modelling on all AI craft to match players new progressive DM.

They will try to fly to a nearby friendly field as before, except now they progressively deteriorate - depending on damage sustained - and before you ask I don't think ill post all the details as it will spoil the show so to speak :-)

WM

OBD Software
#4491578 - 10/05/19 05:17 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Thanks WM, it is good to know that the AI is also limited to the 1.5 gallons of the red stuff, but why are they not trying to preserve their virtual lives by attempting a landing in the immediate vicinity? Is it to simulate their overconfidence that this is nothing, just a scratch, and they’ll be fine just as long as they land at the nearest aerodrome? And yes, don’t spill all the beans. We do want to be surprised smile
Thanks for doing all your magic. Great addition to this wonderful sim and my favourite feature so far. So far, because I’m still exploring. Cheers!

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4491761 - 10/06/19 09:36 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Pol or WM, can you elaborate on the Forced Encounters feature in Workshops? What exactly does it do and is "OFF" more realistic(historical) setting? Thank you.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Forced Encounters.JPG

#4491763 - 10/06/19 10:02 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
gaw1 Offline
gaw1  Offline

I'm almost embarrassed to make the request in the face of your PE Ouvre.....BUT! You gave us the ability to bang thru the opening screens with a touch of the space bar....and it works wonderfully...thank you. It is, however, accommpnied by the most awful artillery grade thump each time that rattles my system...no doubt my bass needs adjusting...but if you could point me to the effect/sound or lessen it to a friendly chirp or a woof...I'd be grateful. Cheers....and thx again for an enduring effort that's been in my life for what seems forever. I recall Winding Man's seasons?? for CFS3 so long ago that made all the difference. And I'm still wondering about the etymology of "Winding Man"? I'd love to know if it's not too personal to share. Yours...GAW

#4491804 - 10/07/19 06:13 AM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Fullofit]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
Pol or WM, can you elaborate on the Forced Encounters feature in Workshops? What exactly does it do and is "OFF" more realistic(historical) setting? Thank you.

[Linked Image]

One can use it for more encounters obviously, but it's also great for those who don't want flight density maxed out, and still have the occasional encounter.
For instance flight density high and forced encounters set to off means there are many AC spread (there are no spawns in WOFF) in the theatre, and you may run into them or not. The outer circle you see in the briefing room is much larger.
You may also set flight density to weak or very weak, and at the same time set forced encounters to med or high. Especially for those with lower end PC's. You then don't want to have AI flights in Dunkirk, which you'll never meet, while you fly at St. Quentin, The circle is smaller in the briefing room, but WOFF manager lets other flights fly closer to your destiny, which means still reasonable chance for encounters, the feeling that there is a war going on, but in the big picture not as many AC spread about.
So for weaker computers, flight density somewhat lower and at the same time forced encounters set to med or high.

Cheers

#4491815 - 10/07/19 10:23 AM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Thanks Creaghorn, sounds like the “High” setting should come with power-ups for that familiar arcade feel.

#4491819 - 10/07/19 10:29 AM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Basically it just creates more flights in the player area so for example maybe there are 20 targets normally for a particular enemy flight to attack or patrol, and we pick a random one. So it could be near the player or not. With the new encounters on some targets and flights chosen will be nearer the player area of flight - so you the player enjoy a richer experience. We do not have all squads that ever were in WW1 in there yet, so it's not wrong to have more flights nearer you, and of course all these things are optional...and there will stil be flights not near the player, still our living world out there.

In some sparser squad areas it may help more too.

Last edited by Polovski; 10/07/19 01:47 PM. Reason: clarified

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4491828 - 10/07/19 11:18 AM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Thanks Pol, so this is a content enrichment feature then. Once you have ALL the squadrons in the game we won’t need this feature anymore, right? wink

#4491868 - 10/07/19 01:42 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Exactly wink

Regards,

Polovski,
#4491881 - 10/07/19 02:45 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
So....guess we’ll go medium for “Historical?”

#4491900 - 10/07/19 04:30 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
What does each of the two red rings on the map in the briefing screen represent?

#4491905 - 10/07/19 04:40 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by DukeIronHand
So....guess we’ll go medium for “Historical?”

DIH, depends how many squadrons are missing in your current region.

#4491907 - 10/07/19 04:41 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: orbyxP]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by orbyxP
What does each of the two red rings on the map in the briefing screen represent?

OrbyxP, see item 17 in the feature list earlier in this post. Pol explains it there.

#4491908 - 10/07/19 04:41 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Targets/Directives for the squads 'activated' by the Local and Regional radii (Search Functionality)..... is there a search function somewhere I'm missing or maybe misreading it.

#4491909 - 10/07/19 04:43 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Fullofit]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Originally Posted by orbyxP

OrbyxP, see item 17 in the feature list earlier in this post. Pol explains it there.

Thanks, but I don't see why two rings. Trying to figure out how to benefit from seeing this information in the briefing screen so that I can adjust air activity accordingly.

Last edited by orbyxP; 10/07/19 04:50 PM.
#4491914 - 10/07/19 05:02 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
There are 2 radii to represent each: local and regional air activity. You have to ask the devs what the difference is between the two. It simply illustrates how big those areas are. If you think these areas are too small and you want to include more of the “living world” you increase that parameter in the Workshops.

#4491920 - 10/07/19 05:37 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Thanks for further clarifying that point @Fullofit.

I guess I don't understand the lingo and I'm trying to decipher the difference between local and regional squadrons. Maybe that should have been my original question.

Last edited by orbyxP; 10/07/19 05:44 PM.
#4491933 - 10/07/19 06:38 PM Re: WOFF (and WOTR) a taste of things to come in the next versions [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Local is close to the player base, regional is obviously the main region further out.
If you feel you'd like to fly 50 miles or whatever away from the front and ignore the war, then the rings going further out may be more important to you. Most people will never fly that far off mission though.

Last edited by Polovski; 10/07/19 06:42 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ