Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4487994 - 08/30/19 07:24 PM Help re the old OFFplease  
Fortiesboy Offline
Fortiesboy  Offline

U.K.
Hello all
It's years since I was last here. I fly the old OFF on windows XP where the cfs3 has to be on your computer. And it's this that is the problem.
BTW, the version I run was highly modified by me in terms of damage files and AI. Some of my mods were uploaded for others to use, but that was some years ago.
Today I ran the sim, no problem. I'd forgotten how to get out of it( sad I know) and in trying something has gone wrong.
When I start OFF all goes Ok until I get to the cfs3QC option. ( I just fly quick combat)
I go to the field and it starts trying to run cfs3 disc in the cd rom player. I hear it whirring, and the Orange/red screen comes up, after which the sim should run,, but it doesn't.It just returns to the screen where you click to "go to field"
It's as if the cfs3 disc decides not to run.
I have re installed cfs 3 itself and it runs. I ran a mission for a little while because I understand this is necessary before it will act for OFF ( I remember that much😀)
But OFF itself will not now run.

A possible solution may be if I copy the cfs3 exes and put it in the OFF files, somewhere.
Is that a good idea. if so, where do I put it exactly?
Perhaps that OFF genious , Polovski, is still with you , and can help.
Anyway, I hope all the old hands are alive and kicking.
Thanks in anticipation.
Fortiesboy

#4488003 - 08/30/19 08:23 PM Re: Help re the old OFFplease [Re: Fortiesboy]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Fortiesboy, glad to see you back!

I can't be a lot of help that way - I have the latest and greatest, WOFF-UE. I'm running on a fairly old machine, (spec in signature), and though I don't get much flying time, it seems to do well enough with high detail settings.

My prescription: take a wander through the screenshots thread, try some of the videos, check out Sandbaggers' consolidated mod page, hang out and chat with the real hotshots here and see if you aren't quickly thinking very hard about purchasing WOFF-UE. I can guarantee you won't be dissapointed! This is the only sim I've ever been in where i looked to the ground while banking and felt every inch of the altitude I was at.

And yes, Polovski is definitely still here, he and Winder, and this is still about the bets place on the 'net to hang out. Great group of flyers!

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4488074 - 08/31/19 06:45 PM Re: Help re the old OFFplease [Re: Fortiesboy]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

I can't help with OFF I don't know what version that is or what exactly you are doing, but maybe a clean installation is required (and don't mix cfs3 files in there).

See the old OFF BH&H FAQ may help other than that sort, we are many versions from that now and my brain does not store all that old stuff anymore wink

I put it here www.overflandersfields.com/BH%26H/FAQ.htm

Not this is the old and now creaky FAQ and will be out of date.

I can't help more. Best get WOFF UE and we'll all be on the same page.

Last edited by Polovski; 08/31/19 06:47 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4488170 - 09/01/19 10:26 PM Re: Help re the old OFFplease [Re: Polovski]  
Fortiesboy Offline
Fortiesboy  Offline

U.K.
Thanks for the replies.
Appreciate hour suggestions re the new WOFF, and. Fresh install. The latter I don't want to do cos of the mods I have in there. If ai did what files do I save from present install and then replace the fresh install ones to keep damage mods and flight mods.
Trying to save a fresh install, can I not copy and paste the cfs3 exe to the OFF install somewhere. Where do I put it please. I thought I'd try that.

I have already done a fresh install of cfs3 but that didn't work.
The new WOFF won't run on X P will it?

#4488210 - 09/02/19 04:21 PM Re: Help re the old OFFplease [Re: Fortiesboy]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
If you can be patient, I still have some old OFF materials here, I may be able to look something up if Pol's old FAQ doesn't help. It's just that I'm balled-over busy right now, might take a week or so.

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
#4488217 - 09/02/19 05:30 PM Re: Help re the old OFFplease [Re: HumanDrone]  
Fortiesboy Offline
Fortiesboy  Offline

U.K.
Thank you ever so much for your offer. It's very kind of you to go to such lengths , however the good news is that I have solved my problem

Just an hour ago I had the same happen to me when having a go at cfs3 itself.
It turns out that I had been playing on my projector at 1980x 1080, and then I went to start on my monitor which won't show such a resolution. So it gave up.
The same had happened with OFF.
So now I'm back in the air.....Great, because my install of OFF is unique, what with the mods to flight and damage modelling. It runs wonderfully on XP.
Thanks again to all those who offered advice and help. I very much appreciate it.

#4488583 - 09/06/19 01:04 AM Re: Help re the old OFFplease [Re: Fortiesboy]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Well, don't be a stranger. I'm glad you are up and flying again! And if you get a new box at some point you can have the best of both worlds. Pol & Winder continue to develop, Sandbagger hosts a site with a ton of mods, and the the AI in WOFF-UE garners rave reviews from about everyone who tries it. There's skins, flight and damage mods, a mission editor, screaming and slumping pilots (when they are wounded or killed, a sad and gruesome reminder of war's awful price), blood on your windscreen when YOU get wounded, marvelously detailed add-on airfields, self-shadowing and sheen on the airplanes, stunning clouds and lighting, shadows on the ground from tress, etc. And the skies are simply stunning. All the reviews say the campaign is the best out there, bar none.

As much as I don't care for some aspects of Microsoft's near-monopoly, Win10 hasn't been unbearable, though I'd have to have it for work, anyway. And it's a worthwhile trade-off to have something as great as WOFF-UE. Check out the screenshots here, Hellshade's & other videos on YouTube, etc.

And this just posted by Pol: New Features for WOFF And WOTR .

Like I said, don't be a stranger. Lots of good folks around here. including Pol and Winder.

Last edited by HumanDrone; 09/06/19 01:09 AM. Reason: Add link to new features announcement

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM