Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4487027 - 08/22/19 02:15 AM 3DZ Modelling and RS Help?  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Anyone here that can tell me how to get started with 3DZ modeling?
Like the files I need and how to use them etc....

I'm trying to write a help doc for beginners and its proving difficult as I'm learning things slowly and then writing about them.
I have now incorperated some past eaw users notes and such into the instructions, but it needs to be edited into a working Help Doc.
Right now I'm on a hiatus from the doc but I will be going at it again soon.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by MarkEAW; 08/22/19 02:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4487049 - 08/22/19 10:32 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Mark,

there's a reasonable simple solution to learning how to use 3DZ Studio if you're willing to use my guidance through Teamspeak 2. I've already send you the files I'm using myself and it's all you really need to create whatever you like for EAW. We do things in tandem, step by step untill an object is created and deal with each program one at the time to learn some cool tricks I've learned.

We won't be creating anything like an airplane or a cityblock but just something which is quick and easy to do, a small house perhaps with a chimney, they're always fun to make. And when you can handle it I can take you through the steps of modding any available airplane the way it should be done. All you need is your ears, if they still work and you voice for asking questions if there are any.

VonBeerhofen

#4487050 - 08/22/19 10:39 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Thanks VBH. But visually reading is easier for me, rather than 'reading' from a voice. smile
I have been reading your notes you provided.

Thee are so many 3dz studio versions, Gurney's and ColGibbon and WB updates. But I'm gonna try to concentrate on the one you sent.

But I still would appreciate anybody to come out of the wood work and offer some guidance, instructions and tips.

#4487057 - 08/22/19 11:52 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
I'm afraid that writing instructions and correcting actions in e-mails is out of the question, I know that from experience when I had my first lessons. All I can advice is to keep pressing the buttons in the programs and see if they make sense when you do in combination wiht your notes. Getting to grips with 3D modelling is a pretty tough job, especially if you can't get guidance on the spot when you're pushing buttons without any result.

VonBeerhofen

#4487063 - 08/22/19 12:44 PM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Years ago I used a few autocad type programs to draw mechanical things. I'll see how it goes.

#4487174 - 08/23/19 08:08 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
Didnt someone from Gunship do something with Blender as well?

#4487397 - 08/25/19 12:56 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

IDK Spitty.

If no one can provide details, can someone provide these tutorials:
These should help me out alot in learning.

-Shreck's 3dz Studio tutorial

-Chompy's RS tutorial

-Gurney's RS (BSP) Tutorial

-RS pseudocode from MPS developer

-Moggy's manual RS adjustment method

-Crashin' Jack's 3dz tutorial

Thank You in advance.

#4487409 - 08/25/19 05:43 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Dug up a few links for 1.2 era

3DZ AND SKINNING GUIDES

Aces Over Gyn

'Alessandro Borges'

Alessadro has very good utilities at his site that allow you to view or modify 3DZ files. They are called '3DZ Viewer' and the '3DZ Studio'. The studio utility also has a ZIP ReadMe file available.

Capitan Manduca's EAW Workshop

'Enrique Garcia'

'Alatriste' has made available several downloads that give 3DZ files and basic instructions for updating aircraft skins for EAW. The aircraft covered are the Bf 109E 'Emil', Bf 109F 'Franz', Bf 109G 'Gustav', Bf 109K 'Koenig', He-111, Spitfire Mk1 and extra files to modify 300 litre drop tanks. These downloads are available from 'Captain Manduca's' EAW Workshop (3DZ Add-ons page).

John 'Chompy' Masters

'Chompy' has made available a skinning tutorial which gives you a walk through for High resolution (HR) skinning of EAW aircraft using the 'layer technique' and how to create new HR 3DZ models. Also available at the EAW Dispersal Site (Chompy's add-ons page).

Cords' EAW page

'Cord Hartmann'

'Cord's' EAW main site has released a 3DZ EAW tutorial which provides instructions in the art of 3DZ modelling, for the beginner and 'expert' alike. Cord's site is one of the most popular around the EAW circuit so this tutorial must be worth viewing. The tutorial can also be downloaded in Word format, for off-line work. Cord has also made available at his site works by 'Paulo Morais' and 'Charles Gunst'. There are download ZIP files from Paulo for 3DZ editing as well as a 3DZ texture parts mapper. There are also downloads for Charles Gunst's PAW 3D files, version 1 and wireframe models of various aircraft.

'Enemy Coast Ahead (ECA) On-line'

'Charles Gunst'

This author has made available downloads that give anyone the chance to skin aircraft for EAW from the Pacific theatre of operations. The authors site has 3DZ files which you can experiment with to learn the 'art' of skinning. The files can be downloaded from 'ECA On-line' (our downloads page).

EAW Dispersal Site (SteveT's add-ons page)

'Steve 'SteveT' Tennant

This author has made available a tutorial, which describes how to create High Resolution cockpits for the aircraft in EAW.

Major Lee's Aerodrome

Ken 'Major Lee' Golden

Major Lee has produced an excellent tutorial in the art of using the 'PicPak' utility to produce aircraft skins for EAW. His instructions are viewed in the 'Paint Shop Classroom' page, where uses a P-47 aircraft skin as an example, leading you through the process step by step. A similar tutorial to that of 'Shadow Dragon's' and just as valuable to the first time skinner.

Moggys' (RAF Chattenden) Web page

Peter 'Moggy' FitzGerald-Morris

This author of this site has made available several downloads from 'Paulo Morais', which include EAW aircraft models of the FW 190D, FW 190A, Hurricane IIC, Junkers 87D, Bf 109K, Spitfire Mk.XIVe and the Junkers 88G-7. Also available is 'Paulo's' 3DZ editing notes and tools file.

marker Mosis' Flightsim page

Christian 'Mosi' Mossiman

This author has released his new tutorial for skinning EAW aircraft. The tutorial contains three sections. The main section gives comprehensive, but easily understood, instructions for creating a new EAW aircraft skin, using the Bf 109G aircraft as an example. The second and third sections give equally good instructions in the use of the 'PicPac' utility and how to create aircraft markings of variuos sorts. The tutorials can be viewed using the EAW page 'Tutorial' link or dowloaded from the site in PDF format, for using it when off-line. If your interested in the art of 'skinning' EAW aircraft, then you must visit this tutorial.

marker Musgrove's EAW annex

'Musgrove'

This author of this site has made available several downloads of 3DZ files from 'Claudio Wilches'. The aircraft covered are the Spitfire Mk.XXI, the Junkers 88A-1, the FW 190D-11, the FW 190A and the FW 190AF. These downloads are available from 'Musgrove's' EAW annex (Downloads, Add-ons links).

Serb's EAW Flight line

Michael 'Serb' Suzich

This author is in the process of producing a skinning tutorial for the Messerschmitt 262 aircraft. The tutorial is currently under construction but is part available at the web site. Watch this space for updated information!!

Stag's EAW Skin Site'

'John F Wierzbicki'

This author of this site has made available several downloads of development only files, created by the author or modified by the author. The aircraft covered are the Spitfire Mk1A to Vb, Mk IX, XIV and XIX and finally the Spitfire Mk F22 and F24. The files are available at 'Stag's' EAW Skin Site (3DZ Files link).

marker'The Hanger'

'Roger 'Airbuddha' Dial'

The 'Files' link on the left hand menu makes available two sets of files that are particularly helpful to 3DZ skinner's. The first is 'Paulo Morais's' file structure and editing notes. The second consists of 3DZ files for anyone who wishes to paint EAW aircraft skin for the Pacific theatre of operations.

Wings Over ByTom.

John 'Col. Gibbon' Graham

This author has made available a tutorial, which describes how to create High Resolution 3DZ models and Skins for the aircraft in EAW.

http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/WOBT/WOBTaddons.html

http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/LFtoolsandutilities.html

http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/MOSI/EAW/Main_EAW.htm

#4487427 - 08/25/19 08:25 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Thanks FsFOOT!

I'm sure some of that will help.

#4487435 - 08/25/19 10:51 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Not sure I'm finding everything, but some of them.....

On that note, I managed to get 3dZ!Studio working on Win10 64bit. The main thing is getting Visual Basic Runtime files placed and registered. (alot easier then it sounds).
Some of you know I'm working on putting together a tool kit of sorts, and in this kit VBH has helped me locate and place some tools with breif guidence and breif tool decritption.

Anyway only like 2 tools would not run on Win10 64 bit.. Some ran as windows programs, others as WindowsVB programs and others as Windows command tools.
Then there where A few as DOS tools. I may need to get a "wrapper" of sorts to run those DOS programs, maybe something called FREEDOS.
Oh this early version of 3DZ!STUDIO done by Gurney uses winxpsp3 compat mode as a requirement for the VB files to run properly.

Anyhow I'm stairing at a beginner model and skin, getting use to moving the thing around and stuff.

#4487714 - 08/28/19 12:00 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Originally Posted by MarkEAW
Not sure I'm finding everything, but some of them.....

On that note, I managed to get 3dZ!Studio working on Win10 64bit. The main thing is getting Visual Basic Runtime files placed and registered. (alot easier then it sounds).
Some of you know I'm working on putting together a tool kit of sorts, and in this kit VBH has helped me locate and place some tools with breif guidence and breif tool decritption.

Anyway only like 2 tools would not run on Win10 64 bit.. Some ran as windows programs, others as WindowsVB programs and others as Windows command tools.
Then there where A few as DOS tools. I may need to get a "wrapper" of sorts to run those DOS programs, maybe something called FREEDOS.
Oh this early version of 3DZ!STUDIO done by Gurney uses winxpsp3 compat mode as a requirement for the VB files to run properly.

Anyhow I'm stairing at a beginner model and skin, getting use to moving the thing around and stuff.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but If I can help. I'm available for grunt work.

#4487730 - 08/28/19 11:12 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

The 3DZ Studio program is a modeling program created by some EAW users back in 2000 and there after. For creating airplanes and other objects like houses and building or vehicales.
It was orginaly a DOS program but shortly latter was made into a windows program, well, visaul basic.

I'm just starting with the many versions avalable. I have been looking for resources such as tutorials, but not much help in that department. Except what you see posted on the EAW type forums and help from VBH.

I would ask you to try to read my current WIP help document on the subject, but 1- its not nearly that helpful at the moment, 2 - unless you modeled or drew with programs before, I'm not sure how effective things would be for you.
I definatly need more information, and it may be coming. I have to heavly edit the help doc as it is, but I can see that the missing information is needed.

In other words, I don't think you can help, atleast not at the moment.
Perhaps when I detail the 3dz help doc a bit more you will be able to. smile

#4520226 - 05/09/20 06:11 AM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I managed to scrounge up some information and began my Help Document, at least about half is done, as far as I can tell.

Its a WIP so if you have any advised info to add, please let me know. smile

Its the last help doc listed on my site. I hope to refer to some more vague info I have and fluff the text up with details and facts which should provide guidance and steps in the long run.
This doc could have another 5 years of hard work into, im predicting. I hope to finsh the major portions within 3. We'll see.

Not much help has been provided from others. Just whats been posted here and some e-mailings from same peoples. No other direct help. and Thank you guys for what was provided so far.

#4522286 - 05/25/20 12:08 PM Re: 3DZ Modelling and RS Help? [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

More work on the Model Making Help Doc.

But its superficial. I corrected what I could and expanded explanations. Added a bunch of more info, ALL needs rewrites and edits to be upto my standards of ease of use, like my other help docs.
I've uploaded it a few days ago, yet I still work on it locally. There for a gander. Please read the new WIP notice at the top of the page now.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.