Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4486605 - 08/18/19 09:15 PM Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56?  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
If you do and got your throttle set up in the game then please share,

I have done everything laid out in the WOFF FAQ, had 3 other people try to help through email to no avail. The game recognizes the stick and throttle seperate and out of the box the stick is configured just fine, I can assign keys to the stick and throttle fine. The problem is ,even unbiniding all axis and redoing the binds. The throttle will not bind. It pops up that "only a joystick axis can be assigned".
X-Y axis are showing as moving in WOFF software when I move my dual throttle. So why can't they be bound to throttle then? I have even unplugged the HOTAS and redone it all.

OBD really needs to upgrade the joystick setup software because times are changing and more and more people are using modern flight controls that register as 2 parts.

Any help is appreciated.

Witchy

Last edited by Witchy Woman; 08/18/19 11:42 PM.
#4487128 - 08/22/19 09:09 PM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Witchy Woman]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
Ok so no one can help it seems,

I have been experimenting in the XCA file. I tried manually editing the file and setting the X-Y axis to throttle because in WOFF, it registers my dual throttle on these 2 axis. Does anyone know the correct command lines format to set a throttle? I guessed and just manually edited both lines but since I dont know what the correct format is, I simply typed in "Set_Throttle" but upon testing its still not working as a throttle in game. If anyone knows what the correct command line is I would appreciate it.

</Device>
<Device Type="Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Throttle">
<GameMode Name="Player">
<Axis ID="X" Action="Set_Throttle" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Throttle Control" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="Set_Throttle" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Throttle Control" Category="AirCraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Throttle" Action="" Scale="127" Nullzone="1" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Rudder" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Pov ID="1" Action="HeadPov" FriendlyDesc="Head POV" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>

Last edited by Witchy Woman; 08/22/19 09:53 PM.
#4487180 - 08/23/19 08:51 AM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Witchy Woman]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Something isn't right two axis bound to one function that doesn't make any sense. Also check other controls aren't using X axis or Y axis too or there will be a clash with that one using both anyway.
The software uses standard windows functions to get the joystick operations so something sounds screwy there.

I'd say you need to contact the manufacturer and ask if there's a way to configure the throttle to be one axis etc.

Last edited by Polovski; 08/23/19 08:52 AM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4487277 - 08/23/19 09:44 PM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Polovski]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
Originally Posted by Polovski
Something isn't right two axis bound to one function that doesn't make any sense. Also check other controls aren't using X axis or Y axis too or there will be a clash with that one using both anyway.
The software uses standard windows functions to get the joystick operations so something sounds screwy there.

I'd say you need to contact the manufacturer and ask if there's a way to configure the throttle to be one axis etc.

It makes sense, Its a dual throttle.. Much like the A10 and F15. I can also use just one but i need the correct command line in the XCA file to tell the software to use it as the binding feature within game doesnt work.They lock together or are individual and they show up doing the same in the WOFF key software as well as they should.

My stick isn't the problem here its this software within WOFF thats the issue. If it was my stick then your software would not show up as movingwhen i pull or push forward on each throttle. The problem is when you hit BIND your software is popping up with a message that "only a joystick axis can be assigned" The problem is, It is an axis. Even trying to bind just X or Y independently is not working, it shows each one moving independntly as it should if I unhook the throttles for independent control so thats not an issue either. I have also unbound and rebound everything. Everything is find except the throttle binding correctly. The software simply needs to let me bind it and it won't.
I have no issues at all in any other flight sim and I fly all the big ones....Falcon BMS, Rise Of Flight, X4, Il-2, DCS, EECH, Xplane, P3d......

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Witchy Woman; 08/23/19 11:09 PM.
#4487353 - 08/24/19 05:33 PM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Witchy Woman]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Not sure you can gleam the info from this thread, it's for TM HOTAS not yours but the commands may be similar
https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....f-ue-key-file-for-tm-warthog#Post4485319

We don't have that setup here to try but this may be is use

try AXIS_THROTTLE_SET as the command.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4488083 - 08/31/19 08:46 PM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Polovski]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
You may wanna sticky this but this method worked for tricking the software to set up the throttle. Works perfect now. I replaced X-Y in throttle settings in

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields

with this line in WOFFKeys.xca,

<Device Type="Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Throttle">
<GameMode Name="Player">
HERE <Axis ID="X" Action="AXIS_THROTTLE_SET" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Throttle Control" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
HERE <Axis ID="Y" Action="AXIS_THROTTLE_SET" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Throttle Control" Category="AirCraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="1" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="KeyCategory" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="2" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="KeyCategory" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="3" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="KeyCategory" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="4" Action="" FriendlyDesc="" Category="KeyCategory" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="5" Action="BRAKES" FriendlyDesc="Brakes" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="6" Action="engine_auto_shutdown" FriendlyDesc="Engine Auto Stop" Category="EngineControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="7" Action="ENGINE_AUTO_START" FriendlyDesc="Engine Auto Start" Category="EngineControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="8" Action="TOGGLE_AUTOTRIM" FriendlyDesc="Auto Trim Toggle" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="28" Action="FLAPS_UP" FriendlyDesc="Retract Flaps Fully" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="29" Action="FLAPS_DOWN" FriendlyDesc="Extend Flaps Fully" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="9" Action="AUTO_PILOT_BASIC" FriendlyDesc="Basic Auto Pilot" Category="SimControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="10" Action="DropFuelTanks" FriendlyDesc="Drop Fuel Tanks" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="11" Action="Suicide" FriendlyDesc="Suicide" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="15" Action="INC_COWL_FLAPS" FriendlyDesc="Albatros Radiator Open" Category="EngineControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="14" Action="DEC_COWL_FLAPS" FriendlyDesc="Albatros Radiator Close" Category="EngineControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="19" Action="PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE" FriendlyDesc="Panel Lights Toggle" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="22" Action="GEAR_PUMP" FriendlyDesc="Gear Pump" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="27" Action="WINGMEN_RTB" FriendlyDesc="Command To Return To Base" Category="WingmenControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="25" Action="WINGMEN_REJOIN" FriendlyDesc="Command To Rejoin" Category="WingmenControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="26" Action="WINGMEN_ATTACK" FriendlyDesc="Command To Attack" Category="WingmenControl" P4Use="n"/>
<Button ID="24" Action="WINGMEN_HELP" FriendlyDesc="Command To Help Me" Category="WingmenControl" P4Use="n"/>

I deleted the other throttle axis dials and will probably assign those later but for now the important one (the throttle) is working fine as well as the assigned buttons on it.

Last edited by Witchy Woman; 09/01/19 02:08 AM.
#4488118 - 09/01/19 07:58 AM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Witchy Woman]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Good news Witchy Woman, and thanks for posting that - I'll certainly add it to the FAQ section here, and in the WOFF FAQ document

Regards,

Polovski,
#4488119 - 09/01/19 08:26 AM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Witchy Woman]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

One thing when you said you tried everything in the FAQ, did you try the section 23 ?

Regards,

Polovski,
#4488445 - 09/05/19 12:04 AM Re: Throttle issues- Anyone else use a saitek x56? [Re: Polovski]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
Originally Posted by Polovski
One thing when you said you tried everything in the FAQ, did you try the section 23 ?

I certainly did but that did not work for me(trying to bind an axis after unbinding reported it in a popup as not being a joystick) so I had to just go into the XCA manually and designate the axis I wanted bound to throttle. So the good thing is, it worked. I am sure it would work for mixture to but i have not set those up yet.

Last edited by Witchy Woman; 09/05/19 12:05 AM.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.