Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 595 of 608 1 2 593 594 595 596 597 607 608
#4486281 - 08/15/19 12:56 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) **** [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

Roger; Thank you for the detailed and very pedagogical walk-through regarding Audacity. I'll copy and save your instructions so I can apply them next time I'm ripping my vinyl albums. I also use Mp3Tag as I find it the most reliable and featured of the tools available. I wonder if Mp3Gain could be used for de-gaining, in other words to quieten down passages I feel are too loud. Some of the albums of which I've been so careless to buy remasters of, have been edited and mixed by audio-engineers who are half deaf and plagued by tinnitus!

I solved the Apple TV mystery: The HDMI cable was only half-way attached. Reattaching it fixed my issue. I agree with you Roger that Apple is not as customisable as Android. Overall Android is more to my personal liking over Apple unfortunately the majority of Danes don't agree with me (idjits!) so some stuff is only available for Apple, e.g. the indoor biking training app "Zwift".

Back to the rainy autumnal day here, enjoying listening to Lambchop - is a Woman.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4486297 - 08/15/19 04:05 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks:

High 80's with thunderstorms predicted for today. Lately, the weather ouija boards have been quite accurate in their predictions. Of course, these days, a blind monkey could predict the 90's for highs and seldom be wrong.

MG:

MP3 Gain is a good program IMHO.

MP3Gain is an audio normalization software tool. The tool is available on multiple platforms and is free software. It analyzes the MP3 and reversibly changes its volume. The volume can be adjusted for single files or as album where all files would have the same perceived loudness. (Wikipedia) BTW, there used to be a good normalization tool in "Audacity" as well.

Pardon my brevity however Zeena is in heat (Estrus) and loudly practicing an aria at the moment. So, it is difficult to think. All I can think about is strangulation and that is not an option. 😩🐱

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
#4486577 - 08/18/19 01:29 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Hopes for a better week to all. The heat remains unabated, reaching 100 F. daily with heat indices of 105.

Condolences on being the forced audience of off-key opera, Roger.
The local feline has found other ways of waking folks here to get attention, like scratching on the side of a box.
The result is the same murderous thoughts.

School has started here already, -though I would have be be convinced that the young ones are learning any more or being taught more to warrant extending the length of the school year.

OK, there's seventy more years of history since I started school and more than fifty since I was pronounced a few titles to go along with the ones beginning with dumb___, and the others that school lads call each other.
Actually I have probably earned a few more of the nasty ones since then. But I digress.

The point is that I see decay on whatever learning and common sense is being absorbed and used.

Yep, not only in the misuse of language, but such skills as spelling, driving, workmanship and getting along with each other.
Some of that is that's probably old age but I am more and more convinced that driving licenses are being issued by mail, and not just the renewals.

On the good side news, my water bill tripled this last month.

I say good because a leak was discovered in the lawn within 30 hours of a check on the sprinkler system.
The leak was not in the sprinkler line but on the main feed to the house.
Had we not been re- checking the sprinkler line the wet spot would not have been found.
(The NSFW rules in this forum prevent any jokes based on the last sentence.
Anyway, there is no camping or sleeping allowed in the front lawn.)

In the name of progress the main feed is made of a plastic compound much praised by the "This Old House" program.
As expected, the plastic compound does get brittle a bit sooner than copper lines.
Under pressure, (the higher than 80 lbs. here) a lot of water was wasted in a short amount of time.

I suspect the whole line will have to be replaced sometime.
I am keeping my fingers crossed I will be living elsewhere before that happens.

#4486598 - 08/18/19 06:28 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks:

I can't complain much since we have not seen the century mark threatened on our thermometers since July. Nothing but the 90's in the forecast for some time. It appears that tropical disturbance is following the Canadian track and staying far enough away that we will not get the rain I'd hoped for. I think Florida and OG got the benefit of that one.

Fittop:
Back in the quill pen and slate board days when I was scratching my aching noggin in public school, the air conditioning we had came from several tall windows. Do you remember when the teacher had a long pole with a brass tip to reach way up to open the top part of the window to cause better air flow? I do. I still have a small scar on the back of my pointy head that precisely fits that tip.

Some teachers could also use that tool to get your attention again if your mind had somehow wandered off the lesson (this clearly indicated by there coming a devilish grin coming on your otherwise cherubic face). Because of the heat of August, we started school right after Labor Day. Our state's farmer kids started 2 weeks later. This done so they could help with the tobacco which always was the "money" crop.

Even so, going through a painful withdrawal from the freedoms of summer, we suffered in the heat and humidity of September. It was mighty hard to concentrate on our lessons in that oppressive heat. Of course, the teachers suffered along with us. Most of them understood what afflicted us and made allowance for it.

Those first 12 years of learning were a struggle for for student and teacher. Yes,I saw some justifiably proud faces beaming up at me from the faculty area of the audience when I walked across that stage and reached for my high school diploma. A document attesting not only to my hard work but also that of my determined teachers over the years.

Air conditioning came to our schools after I'd graduated. Naturally, when my own son complained about the start of school each year, I had many tales of what it was like when my teachers were struggling to get me educated. Only some of the hardships endured were made up. Like the part of walking 3 miles to elementary school barefoot in several feet of snow. It was actually 4 blocks with slicker and boots on in pouring rain. 👨‍🎓

I dunno, Fittop. Although you may not live in "OKLAHOMA"; I think that when the grass in that particular area of the, otherwise parched lawn, grew "as high as an elephant's eye" that might have been an exceptionally good clue. Yes, that was, indeed, serendipitous for it may have prevented a new high water mark around there and the need for a job flying rubber dog crap to South America. Perhaps even a second mortgage on the very soggy house. 🏠

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
#4487006 - 08/21/19 10:47 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Funny you should mention that long pole, JRT. I finally remembered that we did have one in Elementary and probably Junior High.
Can not tell you about High School. Yet not sure we had air conditioning in any of those schools. Don't think so at all.
Were we having that much fun? Or were the girls such a distraction we didn't notice?
I know there were no girls in high school or college.
In college we had no windows in the classrooms, so pretty sure we had air conditioned air there.
Do remember warm days is school though; sleepy warm days, especially after lunch.

The heat is still going strong here, but there are promises of highs in the middle nineties by the end of the week.

Before leaving I do want to apologize to McGonigle here. I am sure his land is beautiful.
From what I have seen of it from the air, Greenland looks beautiful, rugged, and I know it would have been a beautiful, welcoming sight should I have needed to land there in an emergency. I've heard great stories about that.
I have read stories of illegal occupation of portions of it during the last World War for weather observation purposes.

But please let me assure you I would not ever insult Denmark with any sort of monetary offer.

#4487007 - 08/21/19 10:54 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

We've had some rain and cloudy conditions. High 80's today. Little likelihood of more rain but thunder storms are possible for the next few days.

I found a video of the King Air crash onto a hanger in Addison, Texas which, tragically, took the lives of all 10 aboard. It was apparently a Vmca induced crash.

Original Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFARIKl_lkY

Update Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0wPAYESw8

#4487038 - 08/22/19 05:15 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Yes Sir.
Your man explains it very well.
Two accidents based on same physics we train every six months and think on every takeoff and every go-around.

#4487205 - 08/23/19 01:53 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Lucky us, today's high will be 3 whole degrees cooler than yesterday. Now where did I hang my Eddie Bower jacket....the one he wore on Mt. Everest? I'll probably need that. 😜

Fittop:
The aerodynamics may be the same for the King Air as what you flew, however, you were flying a true "heavy" with several souls and probably loaded with bombs..... That is really something for the crew to ponder when still relatively low and slow as you start to rotate. Imagine what went through Paul Tibbet's cluttered mind as he and his "Enola Gay" crew reached for the sky carrying the new A-Bomb.

OK, that bomb should not have exploded in a crash as it would not be armed for some time. There have been several such powerful, high yield bombs lost since then, One, we know about was only 30 miles from here. Mercifully, the technology worked and there was no detonation. NC has more military presence than any other state. that kinda puts us on any enemies must hit list at Armageddon time.

#4487271 - 08/23/19 09:05 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Paul Tibbet and his crew probably had only a small idea of the results but very aware of the amount of other explosive he was otherwise carrying.

His rudder and mine was a lot bigger to compensate for the torque along with the hydraulic power to go with it.

I believe the Mohawk I flew was declared not sufficient rudder authority to issue a commercial license by the FAA, as was the case for a couple of other military aircraft. Could be wrong, but...Not sure about the Bronco, but all those had ejection seats, although not all zero-zero. (Airspeed and altitude.)
The Boeings and Douglass had a big rudder.

There were a couple of detonations, but not nuclear, I believe.

#4487350 - 08/24/19 04:34 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Fittop:

I think Paul was better informed than others and the scientist contingent aboard to monitor the event most of all. Frankly, the tests certainly gave Oppenheimer a good idea of "The destroyer of worlds" they had created. He decided not to fly along with Paul and the boys for some reason that completely evades me. wink

Yes, it would be difficult indeed not to notice that huge rudder on both the iconic Boeing B-17 and B52. A great design, the B52 has had an incredible record of service for decades and decades. I don't need to tell you, of all people, that the design is far older than the crew who takes it into the air.

Could the bomber fly higher than the ceiling of SAMs? How could you evade SAMS? Not just chaff and flares or wild weasels and the Grumman A6 Intruders with RADAR tracking missiles. BTW I had a buddy who flew A6s for the Navy. In civy life, we used to fly together on weekends. Sadly, he was killed in a tragic crash during a training mission.

May I interject that it is so nice to have the benefit of an experienced private pilot's and ,in your case, a professional POV from OG and you.

#4487364 - 08/24/19 06:55 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

After some autumnal weather we are now experiencing a resurgence of summer although the hours of daylight have already diminished by 3 hours and the sun is setting as these words are written, the temperature is still around a respectable 21 C / 70 F. As a consequence I have ridden all strength out of my legs on my bike and feel wonderfully relaxed after such rides. A young deer was startled by my passage and ran first, in parallel to me right beside the road then crossed it and like Bambi on ice, lost its footing on the slippery asphalt, regained control and disappeared into some forrest. Such a beautiful animal.

Fittop, politics and politicians aside, a great many Danes emigrated to the United States and every 4th July we hold a small ceremony in the hills in Rebild Bakker reaffirming the special friendship that exists between our two nations. Greenland was and is still strategically well placed and served as a point of call for bombers being ferried from the North American continent to Europe during WW2, helping to defeat the Nazis. Also the Cold War stayed Cold, in part thanks to the presence of US bases there.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4487400 - 08/25/19 01:54 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

MG:
Here's to our good Danish friends who have joined us and those living in Denmark. We regret the recent apparently senseless affront to Denmark and to its Sovereign Queen. She is real Lady who handled the situation with aplomb. IMHO you are better off without the visit. It as dawned upon that not only are queens equally splendid monarchs they are often much better than kings in many ways. The UK and Denmark are excellent examples of the latter.

We have a cool off today with a slow, soaking rain almost all day.

Bambi on ice, eh? You sir were blessed by both nature and the quiet bliss of an non motorized vehicle. I have been trekking afoot on occasion when doe and fawn galloped past. I've seen many a squirrel, rabbit and fox plus a shy bird or two while a roving with quiet steps and an eye turned to observe nature. Lucky and honored you were to have run with a deer.

If you were fortunate to be given an American Indian name. it might be "Runs with deer". Kinda like "Dances with wolves" . "Paddles with beavers" or " Pecks with chickens". No? Then how about "Squats with Bears"? 🐻 😝

Sunset is at 7:51 PM here, our time. Sunrise is 6:38 AM.

#4487489 - 08/25/19 06:35 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

Roger; Runs with Deer. I like the sound of that! Today I didn't run with Deer but took the car to the seaside because with no wind and above 83 F that seemed a better plan than to spend the Sunday in the garden. And I decided I had done enough bicycling this week. So much so, that my legs and back are a bit sore. Monday and Tuesday are forecast to be equally sunny and warm.

Purely for selfish reasons I am not sorry if there is no visit because we can use the money and the manpower that is spent on every State Visit or other major international event taking place in our country on bumping up the resources spent on our police force. The problem being, that not enough resources are available. They have had to stop accepting new police cadets dues to lack of money. A year ago the politicians were arguing about whether to build a new dedicated site for a police academy or whether to refurb an existing building. Let me see. Do we have any real estate we could sell? No, I'm afraid Greenland isn't really ours too sell. We just went there in our merry Viking Days and had a jolly good time.

I do fear that we'll get that visit anyway. Apparently while the official Denmark is praising our PM for doing a magnificent piece of diplomacy by calling The White House and turning the situation, I'm the only person in the entire Kingdom to suspect that the visit will be rescheduled because I've realised that this fits the pattern. It has been done before. Not quite uncommon in business to drop a grenade to see what happens, who lurks under the stones and what might crawl out from under them, perhaps see if there really is a united front or if some parties approach with an offer that is too good to refuse.

Anyway, no hard feelings. We did sell you the Virgin Islands a hundred years ago, and was it Truman who also once enquired? If you press me really hard, I'll write up how we gifted all the North-sea oil to Norway.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4487557 - 08/26/19 03:25 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

MG:

No hard feelings? Apparently, Danes are just as nice as Canadians. I'm told that Canadians are so nice that if you step on a Canadian's foot, they will apologize to you. Nothing in the pleasant experience that I had when I was in Canada would indicate otherwise. Every Canadian I've met has been amazingly friendly and helpful.

I would describe you as very hospitable. You also indicate that my experience, were I to visit Denmark, would be much the same as my visit to our northern neighbor. And I thought we in the South were the only ones noted for extra hospitality. We happily welcome you to the hospitality club Canada and Denmark.

BTW, Runs with deer, your newly minted First American name could well have been "Pedals with cats". winkngrin

#4487764 - 08/28/19 06:39 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks:

I notice we now have over 21 M views. We thank our readers and encourage them to also post and join our merry bunch.

I see the newest tropical disturbance in the Atlantic threatens to be upgraded to hurricane status before hitting Puerto Rico. They haven't recovered from the last one. There is also the possibility it may continue to Florida where OG must surely be doing his anti hurricane dance. We could be threatened as well. Sigh! It is that time o' the year for the windy beasts. I wish us all luck,especially those in the Caribbean who can so ill afford another big storm.

EWe've been much cooler here this week,no 90's. The low to mid 80's seems like a breath of Autumn. I hope pal Fittop is also cooler down in Texas. Heat IMHO is better than hurricane so OG is probably not much worried by whatever the heat index may be showing at his home.

Straight from my grand kids:
Q: Which is faster, heat or cold? A: Heat, because you can catch a cold!

I asked a local farmer how the extreme heat had affected his livestock this summer.
He told me, his cows were giving evaporated milk. 🐄

Attached Files Cartoon Rog_SM.jpg

#4487773 - 08/28/19 08:48 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

You may or may not be aware there was a spot of bother on a Hawaiian Ai flight this morning. It involved one of the most frightening situations faced by flight crews. Smoke in the cockpit and or passenger area.

An emergency situation was declared and the plane landed safely. There were some minor injuries with some passengers going to hospital due to smoke inhalation.

Here is an interesting diagnosis of the problem faced by the crew and info on the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfAs2p27MQ

Attached Files JRT Pixel Surgeon_2.jpg

#4487852 - 08/29/19 06:00 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Thank you, McGonigle for alerting me to the Danish ceremony held on July 4th in your land. I was aware that many Danes did come to what was known as the New World and contributed mightily to this nation.
The only part of your territory I have seen has been from the air is Thule and also the lower part of Greenland.
The closest I have been to Denmark is probably Germany or Belgium.

It appears all of our troubles are similar...no,no,no.- I am talking about the lack of money for infrastructure, not enough for police services, potholes, wild animals and the problems we cause them and yes, they cause us, etc.
That is the same fuss the local cities are having here and probably everywhere.
I suspect part of the answer is the same all of us have besides not enough (err...hugs?):
Not just money in, money out but how we collect and dispense it.
But that’s just personal opinion and worth less than the time you’d spend reading it.

Congratulations on the readership numbers! That may be as many as the number of local paper readings.

It has been a tad cooler here, by five degrees; considering it was over a hundred on Monday. 102 to be recorded.
But I did not know or had forgotten dew point can be higher than the temperature. One of the local weathermen gives a daily fun quiz that’s informative.
OK, the very attractive fellow reporter is the main attraction...Yes, Dear, the news is the main attraction but she ….yes, Dear OK, I’ll cut the onions….

Before I go, I did guess the identity of the first picture before I read the answer.
Nice job if that’s hand-drawn. Yes, even if it resulted from photo-shop. -Or not.

Oh, did have to declare an emergency and land at New Orleans once because of fumes in the cabin.
-Was not about to go over the water with those conditions. It got my attention as well as others since we came down so quickly. But I was impressed by the performance of what I knew was a good aircraft type. *
No passengers, crew or cargo was hurt and only one couple decided they had tempted fate enough that day.

Have spent the morning watching General Aviation You-Tube emergencies after going to bed at 2 am... yes, watching and comparing airplanes porn, as I told the lady.
She did not comment as she cracked a smile. But she knew. She had come in before going to bed and caught me watching them.

Hey, it was better than watching those car videos where another car seems to go bonkers doing stupid things on what you hoped was your predicted piece of road.

It’s coming up on Labor Day here. Please drive safe and have fun. That includes cycling and walking.

PS. To forestall comments on my lack of attention, I did see the Pixel Surgeon subtitle. Still say: Nice job!

Last edited by Fittop; 08/29/19 08:49 PM. Reason: *That had been the second warning of a smell by the same person.
#4487884 - 08/29/19 09:53 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Fittop:

Thank you! The picture was larger than I wanted, however, the loader seems to enlarger small pix to a standard size.

Back in the early days when I was blowing clouds of color to make my hand print on cave walls (just a few years since Dux was born under a Mastodon skin tent), digital art was frowned upon by art snobs who knew nothing about it. They considered digital art a lesser art. Such critics also frowned on the expressionists, the cubists and all "MODERN" art. Today, digital art is finally accepted and even taught in art schools.

I put down my expensive sable brushes, multi colored palette and well squeezed paint tubes some years ago. Since discovering and began the steep learning curve of Photoshop 5 years ago, I do not own a single blank canvass. Photoshop is up to about 10 new versions now with PS CC 2019. Each new version brings on new features and another learning curve but I'm managing to keep up.

I am thinking of cutting the Adobe cord with the new subscription model. Once it was a one time payment of up to several hundred smackers. Now it's 12 bucks per month and probably higher for perpetuity. There are a fair number of free and open source alternates to PS available and quite a few that cost up to a hundred dollars. I hate to start learning all over again but I may try it.

Have you seen the Tom Hanks movie "Sully". Would you have tried the "Hail Mary" or attempted to make a go for the nearest airport? Tough question second guessing that one. I liked the movie. I wondered what an experienced "heavy" pilot might say about it.

#4487920 - 08/30/19 04:59 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Knew we were similarly inclined.
My brushes are still in a shoebox, and my oil paints probably dried up nearby. The easel was probably thrown out by the ex a while ago.

My most productive painting period was with watercolors, most of which until recently hung in the ex's house.
Most are now in a couple of large boxes taking up room in the dining room and my office.
A couple add to the decor in other rooms. Or so I hope. I do like them. A couple I think are displayed elsewhere still.

I'd never second guess Sully. He and crew did an outstanding job and the stars also aligned.
I admire the man and the pilot within.

Have not yet seen the movie. Like him, I would have probably looked at the choices and gone with the best gut feeling and training.
I have no gliding experience whatsoever, but it's in my bucket list.
My only heavy experience besides the Buff is the B-767. Nice machine!
Then again, I only have probably less than 2,000 in pistons and Cherokees and Cessna and other General Aviation machines; the rest in turbo props and jets.
Someday I'll add up my time again, but I'm lazy and quit counting around eighteen thousand hours.
Hopefully I haven't quit learning yet.

Would not mind adding to it now. Best hurry though.

Last edited by Fittop; 08/30/19 02:04 PM.
#4487968 - 08/30/19 03:43 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Fittop:

It has always intrigued me how much alike those who come here to stay any length of time have been. A local art critic once perused my work in oils and watercolor. He also suggested I should be hung. 🎨 🖼️ 😝

I've done some flying in heavies but always from a passenger seat. I once flew side by side cross country on a business trip with a female colleague. She confided in me that she was a first time flier. As we began the takeoff she grasped onto my arm. When we rotated her long nails were biting into my arm so deep I actually looked for blood. There was none but I still had deep marks on my arm when we landed.

Yes, she had similar problems on landing and I wished we might trade places so she could attach her considerable claws onto the other arm. Thank goodness there was little turbulence during the flight. I made a mental note to be sure to wear chainmail if we were on the same flight going home.

I once figured I had about 2000 hours flying my computer but I haven't thought about it since. Good lord, that's 83.33 days. Almost 3 months! I must have slept some time so I guess it surely couldn't have been continuous....

Page 595 of 608 1 2 593 594 595 596 597 607 608

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.