Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4484166 - 07/26/19 04:19 AM Coop Sessions  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Some friends and I here at SimHQ have recently started flying IL2 again and I've been hosting sessions. If anyone would like to join us we'll be regularly flying Tuesday evenings about 8PM pacific time. We are using the most current official version of the 1946 edition of the sim & flying respawnable missions. We'll also be on during weekdays and weekends at random intervals so if interested come join us on TeamSpeak.

Any skill level is welcome and were always happy to help with any issues that come up. As for installing and patching see the recent thread on links and instructions of how to get the game up and running.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4484186 - 07/26/19 10:46 AM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
What version are you using please? 4.14?
"North America: PST is currently not observed because locations are on summer time / daylight saving time and are observing PDT. ... Observes PST – Pacific Standard Time part of the year, but not currently. Currently has same time zone offset as PST (UTC -8) but different time zone name."

Eh? I haven't a clue what that definition means! Early for me in England but some US chaps that can't make our sessions may be interested. Currently we fly UP3 on the SAS server.

#4484281 - 07/27/19 01:47 AM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
We’re using 4.14 I think (it’s the most recent team daidlos version available). As for pacific time it’s the same as PST. We mostly live on the west coast USA. If you have and use Steam my name is the same as my forum name here so feel free to add me as a friend.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4484397 - 07/28/19 09:19 PM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by HitchHikingFlatlander
We’re using 4.14 I think (it’s the most recent team daidlos version available). As for pacific time it’s the same as PST. We mostly live on the west coast USA. If you have and use Steam my name is the same as my forum name here so feel free to add me as a friend.

Although I suspect it is the one you are using v4.14.1m is the most recent version.
IL-2 1946 4.13.4 to 4.14.1 Upgrade: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=5536

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4484413 - 07/29/19 12:18 AM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
That would be affirmative Wheelsup_cavu v4.14.1m. Hey we're almost neighbors as well.

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
EVGA 760 4gb DDR5 2768 KR
CoolerMaster 922 Mesh 3x200mm, 2x140mm fans
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
WD Caviar BLK 500gb SATA 6gb
WD Caviar BLK 1TB SATA 6gb
Intel 730 Series 480GB SATA 6gb
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
Sennheiser 360 Headphones
#4486734 - 08/19/19 11:27 PM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Hey Wheels,

Maybe you can help! Along with Hitch and some others, I bought the Steam Version IL-2 1946 (though I already had a DVD install patched up with BAT mods) to be compatible. Downloaded from STEAM, used the 4.13.4 to 4.14.1 Combined Patch just like Hitch and Co. Problem is, I can not connect to any of their servers. I get an initial CONNECT, then a "Disconnected from Server Reason:Timeout 0" message. When people try to connect to ME they get the same message.

- I have opened PORT 21000 TCP/UDP as tested by Simple Port Tester
- I have DISABLED any other connection besides the main adapter connecting me to the Internet (I have a Wippien VPN connection which I disabled, and prior to Disabling, I could go into IL2Setup and select the correct IP and get the SAME initial connect/timeout
- I have allowed IL-2 through the Windows (7x64 Home Premium) Firewall, and also tried disabling the Firewall completely.
-Made exceptions for the IL-2 executable and folder in Microsoft Security Essentials
- Most recently, I uninstalled and reinstalled the STEAM version and re-applied the patch.
-I uninstalled and completely deleted my old BAT modded version so the STEAM version is the ONLY IL-2 1946 Install.

NOTHING seems to work. I have NO problem connecting to and hosting other Direct IP games like BMS, Janes F/A-18, Ghost Recon (ORIGINAL) as well as a host of server mediated STEAM games (ELITE DANGEROUS, GHOST RECON WILDLANDS, Etc. Etc.. In fact, I have never had connection issues with ANY GAME OR SIM that I have ever played in Multiplayer.

Any ideas?????

Last edited by Recluse; 08/19/19 11:28 PM.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#4486860 - 08/20/19 10:08 PM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Did you use the Port Forwarding site when you opened your port?
https://portforward.com/

1946 only need to have the UDP port open.
Having the TCP and the UDP ports open won't cause any problems though.
Code
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
TCP	 
UDP	21000 

https://portforward.com/ports.htm

Did you set up a static IP for your machine?
https://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

#4486881 - 08/21/19 01:53 AM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
I used SIMPLE PORT TESTER which does the same thing as that site. The port is open and the IP address is correct. I have it reserved by MAC address on my router so my machine always gets that IP address though it is in the DHCP pool. In any case Simple Port Tester tests on the machine it runs on, so the port is definitely open.

Attached Files 21000UDP.JPG
Last edited by Recluse; 08/21/19 01:55 AM.

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453

#4486884 - 08/21/19 02:30 AM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Not doubting the validity of your statements but will you see if this site shows your port is open.
Can You see me: https://canyouseeme.org/

I am able to host even though the site says my port isn't open. (I redacted my IP address)
Error: I could not see your service on XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX on port (21015)
Reason: Connection timed out

Everyone I know gets the same time out error when they use that site for IL-2 but it will give me a baseline to start from regarding your build.

Another thought is that checkRuntime can cause some issues if you are using it.
Originally Posted by Knowledge Base at Mission4Today
Also:

The server can now check for changes on the client-side game modules, i.e. ensure the modules were not modified. To enable the check, a new key was added to the conf.ini file.

In order to set the client-side verification parameters you will need to manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, find the [NET] section and in the checkRuntime = line write in either 0 or 1 (or 2), then save the file. If the checkRuntime = line does not exist in your conf.ini file, add it to the end of the [NET] section.

checkRuntime=0-no check is made (default);
checkRuntime=1-quick check;
checkRuntime=2-comprehensive check.

NOTE: during the comprehensive check, if the client runs a different OS version from the client, the check may identify the OS differences as changes in game modules.

Source v4.08 readme: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=237

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

#4486911 - 08/21/19 11:05 AM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Not doubting the validity of your statements but will you see if this site shows your port is open.
Can You see me: https://canyouseeme.org/

I am able to host even though the site says my port isn't open. (I redacted my IP address)
Error: I could not see your service on XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX on port (21015)
Reason: Connection timed out

Everyone I know gets the same time out error when they use that site for IL-2 but it will give me a baseline to start from regarding your build.

I get that same error from that site. Honestly I don't know what that site does. NONE of the ports that I know are open show as open from there. I don't trust it...

Another thought is that checkRuntime can cause some issues if you are using it.
Originally Posted by Knowledge Base at Mission4Today
Also:

The server can now check for changes on the client-side game modules, i.e. ensure the modules were not modified. To enable the check, a new key was added to the conf.ini file.

In order to set the client-side verification parameters you will need to manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, find the [NET] section and in the checkRuntime = line write in either 0 or 1 (or 2), then save the file. If the checkRuntime = line does not exist in your conf.ini file, add it to the end of the [NET] section.

checkRuntime=0-no check is made (default);
checkRuntime=1-quick check;
checkRuntime=2-comprehensive check.

NOTE: during the comprehensive check, if the client runs a different OS version from the client, the check may identify the OS differences as changes in game modules.

Source v4.08 readme: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=237

Wheels

I don't have those lines activated in conf.ini. Here is my conf.ini (though I have removed IP addresses for hosts that I have tried to connect to. I tried setting checkServerTimeSpeed=0 to no avail.

Code
[NET]
speed=25000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=31
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=1
serverName=Recluse
serverDescription=
remoteHost=
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=0
disableNetStatStatistics=0
showPilotNumber=1
showPilotPing=1
showPilotName=1
showPilotScore=1
showTeamScore=0
cumulativeTeamScore=0
showPilotArmy=1
showPilotACDesignation=1
showPilotACType=1
filterUserNames=0
reflyKIADelay=0
maxAllowedKIA=-1
reflyKIADelayMultiplier=0.0
reflyDisabled=0
allowMorseAsText=1
allowCustomSounds=1
remoteHost_000=
remoteHost_001=
remoteHost_002=

Last edited by Recluse; 08/21/19 12:08 PM.

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453

#4487030 - 08/22/19 02:49 AM Re: Coop Sessions [Re: Recluse]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by Recluse
Hey Wheels,

Maybe you can help! Along with Hitch and some others, I bought the Steam Version IL-2 1946 (though I already had a DVD install patched up with BAT mods) to be compatible. Downloaded from STEAM, used the 4.13.4 to 4.14.1 Combined Patch just like Hitch and Co. Problem is, I can not connect to any of their servers. I get an initial CONNECT, then a "Disconnected from Server Reason:Timeout 0" message. When people try to connect to ME they get the same message.

- I have opened PORT 21000 TCP/UDP as tested by Simple Port Tester
- I have DISABLED any other connection besides the main adapter connecting me to the Internet (I have a Wippien VPN connection which I disabled, and prior to Disabling, I could go into IL2Setup and select the correct IP and get the SAME initial connect/timeout
- I have allowed IL-2 through the Windows (7x64 Home Premium) Firewall, and also tried disabling the Firewall completely.
-Made exceptions for the IL-2 executable and folder in Microsoft Security Essentials
- Most recently, I uninstalled and reinstalled the STEAM version and re-applied the patch.
-I uninstalled and completely deleted my old BAT modded version so the STEAM version is the ONLY IL-2 1946 Install.

NOTHING seems to work. I have NO problem connecting to and hosting other Direct IP games like BMS, Janes F/A-18, Ghost Recon (ORIGINAL) as well as a host of server mediated STEAM games (ELITE DANGEROUS, GHOST RECON WILDLANDS, Etc. Etc.. In fact, I have never had connection issues with ANY GAME OR SIM that I have ever played in Multiplayer.

Any ideas?????

I just noticed that statement. I don't own the Steam version and I couldn't find anything on the site telling me so I need to know what level was the game was patched to by Steam before you used the combined patch?
If it wasn't v4.13.4 you are going to have problems.

IL-2 1946 Installation and Patching Guide: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=584

Code
[NET]
speed=25000

Change the speed to 5000 or 8000.
I know that is for 56k but it has been recommended to use those low numbers for as long as I can remember.

I get that same error from that site. Honestly I don't know what that site does. NONE of the ports that I know are open show as open from there. I don't trust it...

Every online checker I have found fails when you test for the ports being open.
Port 21015 is closed on XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.

Source You Get SIgnal: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I just wanted to see if you ended up with the same error. If you didn't that would have been a first and made me look for other possible issues.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.