Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4485627 - 08/09/19 03:00 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Yep he had a couple of previous convictions I think mate. Still it was a big fine not 2 sure if that's the norm if I'm being honest,and it might be income based? Ex Liverpool and Stokes Glen Johnson has laid into him on a recent podcast saying how unprofessional Berahino was and how poorly he treated the club (Stoke). He's now had his contract terminated and it's another 12m pissed up the wall pal.

If Carroll gets 15 games in I'd be surprised DBond. Steve Bruce has been on Sky Sports news saying he's bought him for the dressing room "quality" aswell. I think Zaha will get his head down and maybe aim for a January transfer,he'll definitely go if not in Jan then next summer imo.

Man U puzzle me..there either really good or unbelievably bad never really in between,I'd be incredibly surprised if they finish in the top 4.

Leroy Sane could be a big loss to Man City..not immediately but if City get a few more injuries then it could be costly 7 Months out with a cruciate ligament ..ouch.

We've also got VAR this season in the EPL aswell,let's hope it doesn't spoil the entertainment too much stop/start etc ..we could be having 10 mins extra time every game biggrin

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4485634 - 08/09/19 03:31 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm all for VAR. Injury or added time is silly anyway, and what's a few more minutes? If they get the big calls right as a result I'm all for it. No guarantee that the calls will be gotten right, but at least the ref can look at it again. But VAR isn't even enough. The FA needs to institute retroactive punishment. This whole business that if the ref saw it it cannot be overruled is nonsense.

It's the only way we're ever going to stamp out simulation.

Too bad about Berahino as he's a talented lad. Head's not on straight though.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4485766 - 08/10/19 08:21 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good win for Liverpool, but Allison's a worry. If you're going to get hurt though, now's the time, with the light schedule before the cups kick off.

Match week one to City though, already two goals to the good. Not likely to come down to differential, but ya never know! Pathetic from West Ham, who I felt would put up a stiffer fight. I don't expect them to beat City, but gotta do better than that, they were played off the park at home.

Brighton off to a good start, Burnley too. Everton should have won by four, but settled for a scoreless draw, Looking forward to the United-Chelsea match.

#4485899 - 08/12/19 10:53 AM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
ManU sure put a beating on Chelsea.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4485912 - 08/12/19 12:23 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
They did but the scoreline flatters United a bit I think. Still, it was a comprehensive win, and United looked more free and flowing than I can remember in a long time. Pogba's ball over the top for Rashford's second was sublime. Lampard's got work to do and I thought his team selection was questionable. No manager ever seems to rate Giroud, but I'd give him a run at center forward to see what he can do. Very surprised to see Pulisic start on the bench.

Still, a great start for United and exactly what they would have wanted. Arsenal just got by Newcastle, and they'll want better performances. Surprised as well that we got no goals out of the Leicester-Wolves match.,, as both teams should have goals in them.

It's great to have football back.

#4486174 - 08/14/19 01:34 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
In the news....

Super Cup today between Chelsea and Liverpool. Most won't care much I don't think, but it's a shot at silverware, and Liverpool should target this one. Female ref to feature as well.

United looking to pay Sanchez to play elsewhere (Roma?). Strange one. He makes way too much, especially in view of his contribution since joining United. But United is already thin up front with Lukaku's departure. If you can offload him, then OK. But to pay his wages too? Wayward Woodward at his best. This only really makes sense to me if he's a bootroom cancer, and I've seen no indication of that.

Neymar to Barca? All summer yeah. But it's picking up steam. Coutinho to go the other way? With Messi, Griezemann and Suarez where does Neymar fit in? One of them would have to sit. This stinks of ego and prestige, with little sporting reason to do it. But Barca directors are elected by the shareholders, and this sort of move could be seen as an attempt to garner support. In my view Barca should pull out and forget the whole thing.

Celtic and Porto each crashed out of the Champion's League already.

#4486176 - 08/14/19 01:43 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside
Please don't speak about Neymar, french football's journalists talk about that since June. I'm in a kind of overdose. banghead

#4486180 - 08/14/19 01:55 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Apologies Roudou, as I know it's been beaten to death. Are you a PSG fan? Who do you support?

The Neymar saga is tiresome no doubt, but his transfer is big news, if it ever happens.

And I just read that Sanchez was involved in a training ground bust-up yesterday with Mason Greenwood of all people. So there's a little smoke there.

#4486187 - 08/14/19 02:41 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside
From the last news here in France, Neymar wants Barça, Barça and Real want Neymar, but Barça doesn't have money, and PSG wants money.... So I don't think he will be a Barça player untill next year. Maybe Real, or just stay in PSG. PSG fans want him to be trade, after his speech about his best remembers as a football player (the Barça win vs PSG 6-1), and his general attitude that was feeled against the club. So yeahh, a difficult situation for everybody I guess.

About me, no I'm not a PSG fan, but as a guy born in Paris, I'm a fan of a Parisian club: Paris Football Club. It's a club affiliate to the East part of Paris but just a tiny number of fans, PSG has the egemony in the region. I've played for youngs teams of PFC when I was 13 to 16, that's why I support them. They were close to make it to Ligue 1 last year, but the beginning of this new season is bad: 2 defeats 1 tie.

Last edited by Roudou; 08/14/19 03:02 PM.
#4486195 - 08/14/19 03:14 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Ah very cool, and that you played for them. I would support them in that case too!

Didn't your club once merge with PSG, then later split? I think I recall something along those lines.

#4486197 - 08/14/19 03:26 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside
Actually, the roots of PFC and PSG are the same. It is a bit difficult to explain, but basically PFC was created by the pressure of the city of Paris, because there was no professionnal club at this time in Paris. Only few years after the creation, the president of PFC wanted a fusion with Saint-Germain FC to have the room to built new training infrastructures, but the city of Paris disagreed about that, and then a lot of people, including players, switched to Saint-Germain FC and PSG was created. Then PFC was relegated and PSG promoted and PSG became the representative of Paris with the passing years.

In the 80's a billionaire bought Racing Club de Paris and few years later Paris FC and made a fusion in the late 80's to form Matra Racing. It is probably the merge and split you remember.

Last edited by Roudou; 08/14/19 03:29 PM.
#4486198 - 08/14/19 03:36 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I see, thanks for the explanation. Is PFC in with a shout for promotion this year? Not sure where they fall in Ligue 2. Or will they be happy to stay up?

#4486202 - 08/14/19 04:01 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside
Fans hoped to be in the battle for a promotion this season, but the summer is bad untill now. We lost our wing-backs (really all of them), we played with a left-forward as a left-back and with a centre-back as a right-back so far. Our coach wanted to leave, but finally is still here... Not a good preparation. At least we won our first official game yesterday in the League Cup, and we sold a youg forward for 8M €, let's hope we use this money for new wing-backs, it was one of our strong points the last two years.

Our president made a speach saying, the summer is good so far, and he hoped to have enough points to stay in Ligue 2 very quickly to concentrate on other objectives. Make your own opinion about this speach biggrin

With this season beginning, I just hope we gonna stay in Ligue 2. Our style play is awfull and our strongest points during last season are weak now.

EDIT: I hope the player's postitions I used are understandable, I've never talk football in english till today.

Last edited by Roudou; 08/14/19 04:02 PM.
#4486207 - 08/14/19 04:13 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, understood perfectly, though we might use winger for left-forward in English.

Your president is spreading rose petals, but that's what politicians do right? Good luck, I will follow PFC this season now smile

#4486220 - 08/14/19 06:35 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside
Ohh I forgot one thing, as you are a Liverpool fan. Mamadou Sakho played for PFC as a kid, then he joined the PSG academy at age 11 or 12.

Personally I played some games with Lassana Diarra, he did one season in PFC youth before joining Nantes academy. The others are not known outside France.

#4486284 - 08/15/19 01:06 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Klopp didn't rate Sakho for whatever reason, so he never really got a chance at Anfield after Brendan Rodgers left. He's at Palace now, but evidently wants out, if reports are to be believed.

Good job by Liverpool yesterday, beating Chelsea to secure the Super Cup. Silverware is silverware, and the Reds will be feeling good about it, even if the game itself wasn't their best effort and honestly could have easily gone the other way. With Adrian thrown right in at the deep end soon after his arrival, this will do him a lot of good, as he'll feel an integral part of the side now, which if Allisson hadn't gotten hurt, would have been much harder to achieve.

Pulisic had a good game, and it will be interesting to see how Lampard uses him. Seems to be a battle between him and Mason Mount for minutes. It's never easy being a player bought by the departed regime, the new manager might not rate you, but Pulisic is talented enough to get through it I think. If he keeps performing like yesterday he will be hard to keep on the bench.

#4486453 - 08/17/19 12:43 AM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
DBond, do you know why the EPL is not being broadcast to Canada?

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
#4486482 - 08/17/19 12:23 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, back in the spring a streaming company called something like DAZN was negotiating exclusive EPL rights in Canada. I guess they were successful, and now my poor Canadian brothers gotta stump up the cash to watch the EPL. Or that's what I assume is true since you're saying they aren't on broadcast or cable TV? I could be wrong but I believe this is what happened.

Full slate of games today. Biggest match probably City and Spurs. Come on you Spurs!

My La Liga prediction is off to a good start, as Barcelona were abject without Messi in a loss to Bilbao, 1-0.

Coutinho to Bayern on a loan deal. This just goes to show you that as good as Barca have been over the past decade, winning everything in sight, they are still run by morons, or politicians, same thing. Coutinho is a good addition for Bayern I'd reckon. We'll see how it goes.

Liverpool are off to the south coast against Southampton. Two years ago this was the sort of game that tripped the Reds up. They mostly avoided it last season, although some vital points were dropped to bottom clubs. Nothing but three points will do. I had mentioned Adrian earlier, and how he was thrown straight in to the side. After the win in Istanbul, a supporter jumped the sidings, was chased by security, and slipped, sliding in to Adrian and injuring his ankle! Oh come on. Still not sure if he's fit for today. Can't make this stuff up.

All the leagues are up and running now. Good stuff!

#4486486 - 08/17/19 01:12 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by DBond
Yes, back in the spring a streaming company called something like DAZN was negotiating exclusive EPL rights in Canada. I guess they were successful, and now my poor Canadian brothers gotta stump up the cash to watch the EPL. Or that's what I assume is true since you're saying they aren't on broadcast or cable TV? I could be wrong but I believe this is what happened.

Thanks DBond.

Checked the TV guide this AM. Bundesliga games on SNW, a pay to view/subscription channel. Last year they were on SN1-5 which are now all SNW. I hope it is a bust for them as I am not paying $20/month and I imagine many others won't either from comments I read from a Google search of DAZN.

#4486487 - 08/17/19 01:18 PM Re: The Football Thread [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No problem. I pay for football, as the package to get the sports channels costs me extra. I couldn't go without it, so it's considered a cost of living smile

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.