Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4485319 - 08/06/19 09:23 PM sample WOTR & WOFF UE key file for TM Warthog.  
Crow Offline
Crow  Offline

I thought I would post the bottom half of the text files WOFFKeys.xca and WOTRKeys.xca for both WOTR, which I made them to be identical.
In other words, I copied these exact lines (the bottom half of the former file) and used it to replace the bottom half of the latter file.

I did this for the first boot up of WOTR (I already had WOFF UE working properly).
And then my TM HOTAS setup worked fine.
My 3 Controllers are TM Warthog throttle, TM Warthog stick, CH Pro Pedals rudder.
All axis on these controllers work perfectly (these sims do not use toebrakes, so of course those do not work).
Both POV hats (one on the throttle, one on the stick) work fine.
And you can then program the controller buttons as you choose inside the sims' Workshop page.

Notice on the CH pedals section, it has a line near the top for "Throttle Action", but the rudder pedals are referenced "Yaw Control (Rudder)" instead of a 'Throttle'.
This is proper and correct.

</Device>
<Device Type="Joystick - HOTAS Warthog">
<GameMode Name="Player">
<Axis ID="X" Action="Set_Bank" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Bank Control (Ailerons)" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="Set_Pitch" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Pitch Control (Elevator)" Category="AirCraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Throttle" Action="" Scale="127" Nullzone="1" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Rudder" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Pov ID="1" Action="HeadPov" FriendlyDesc="Head POV" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="1" Action="Fire_Guns" FriendlyDesc="Fire All Guns" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="2" Action="FireCannonsOnly" FriendlyDesc="Fire Cannons Only" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="3" Action="ReleaseFireWeapon" FriendlyDesc="Release/Fire Selected Weapon" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="4" Action="SelectNextWeapon" FriendlyDesc="Select Next Weapon" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="5" Action="FLAPS_INCR" FriendlyDesc="Extend Flaps - Increment" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="6" Action="FLAPS_DECR" FriendlyDesc="Extend Flaps - Decrement" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="7" Action="NextTarget" FriendlyDesc="Next Target" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="8" Action="TogglePadlock" FriendlyDesc="Padlock Toggle" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
</GameMode>
<GameMode Name="M3DViewer">
<Pov ID="1" Action="HeadPov" FriendlyDesc="Head POV" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="3" Action="ZoomIn" RepCnt="1" FriendlyDesc="Zoom In" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="4" Action="ZoomOut" RepCnt="1" FriendlyDesc="Zoom Out" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
</GameMode>
<GameMode Name="Gunner">
<Axis ID="X" Action="TraverseGun" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Traverse Gun" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="ElevateGun" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Elevate Gun" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
</GameMode>

</Device>
<Device Type="Throttle - HOTAS Warthog">
<GameMode Name="Player">
<Axis ID="X" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AirCraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Throttle" Action="AXIS_THROTTLE_SET" Scale="127" Nullzone="1" FriendlyDesc="Throttle" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Rudder" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="1" Action="Fire_Guns" FriendlyDesc="Fire All Guns" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="2" Action="FireCannonsOnly" FriendlyDesc="Fire Cannons Only" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="3" Action="ReleaseFireWeapon" FriendlyDesc="Release/Fire Selected Weapon" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="4" Action="SelectNextWeapon" FriendlyDesc="Select Next Weapon" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="5" Action="FLAPS_INCR" FriendlyDesc="Extend Flaps - Increment" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="6" Action="FLAPS_DECR" FriendlyDesc="Extend Flaps - Decrement" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="7" Action="NextTarget" FriendlyDesc="Next Target" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="8" Action="TogglePadlock" FriendlyDesc="Padlock Toggle" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Slider" Action="Set_Pitch" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Pitch Control (Elevator)" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="n"/>
</GameMode>
<Button ID="3" Action="ZoomIn" RepCnt="1" FriendlyDesc="Zoom In" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="4" Action="ZoomOut" RepCnt="1" FriendlyDesc="Zoom Out" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
</GameMode>
<GameMode Name="Gunner">
<Axis ID="X" Action="TraverseGun" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Traverse Gun" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="ElevateGun" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="Elevate Gun" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
</GameMode>

</Device>
<Device Type="CH PRO PEDALS USB">
<GameMode Name="Player">
<Axis ID="X" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="" Scale="64" Nullzone="36" FriendlyDesc="" Category="AirCraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Throttle" Action="Set_Yaw" Scale="127" Nullzone="1" FriendlyDesc="Yaw Control (Rudder)" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
</GameMode>
</GameMode>
<GameMode Name="Gunner">
</GameMode>
</Device>
</Mappings>

#4485350 - 08/07/19 08:50 AM Re: sample WOTR & WOFF UE key file for TM Warthog. [Re: Crow]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks Crow I am sure it will help others.

It may be seen better if I move it to the FAQ section.or you can copy and post it there too.

Cheers
Pol

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4485551 - 08/08/19 07:37 PM Re: sample WOTR & WOFF UE key file for TM Warthog. [Re: Crow]  
Crow Offline
Crow  Offline

I have found another issue with WOTR controller setup (i.e. the remap keys and controller screen in Workshop), the problem is if you have 2 controllers that are the same make and model.
(For instance I plugged in 2 CH Quads because they each have 12 handy buttons all in a row).
In WOTR controller setup you will see 2 of CH THROTTLE QUADRANT in the Select Controller drop down menu, just like you would expect.
But if you make any changes to axis or buttons in BOTH throttle quad sections, then WOTR will only make the changes for ONE of them, not both of them.
In other words if you for instance unbind the X Roll axis in BOTH CH Throttle Quadrant sections, it will actually only unbind in ONE of the two quad sections in the WOTRKeys.xca file.
The axis will still be bound in that other controller, even though you did unbind it in the Workshop.

So, you have to do the editing of buttons or axis for the second (Identically named) controller by manually editing the WOTRKeys.xca file.
You cannot make any changes to it in the Workshop!

This problem only occurs where two controllers are identically named in the Workshop dropdown list of controllers, if you have two or more throttles that are different models, then this problem does not occur.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Crow; 08/08/19 09:32 PM.
#4485916 - 08/12/19 12:36 PM Re: sample WOTR & WOFF UE key file for TM Warthog. [Re: Crow]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks, to be fair that is a pretty rare situation but thanks for reporting that one.Obviously the name being the same can be a problem.
At least there's a manual way to edit it.

Last edited by Polovski; 08/12/19 02:34 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4490263 - 09/22/19 03:46 PM Re: sample WOTR & WOFF UE key file for TM Warthog. [Re: Polovski]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Polovski
Thanks, to be fair that is a pretty rare situation but thanks for reporting that one.Obviously the name being the same can be a problem.
At least there's a manual way to edit it.

Yes, probably rare, might be more common when multi-engine planes are available.
I have dual Saitek/MadCatz/ Logitech throttle Quadrants.
Both have the same name in the Game Controller panel.
Both with same name show up in WOTR Keys.
But I have only one Section in the .xca file.
I tried manually adding another and WOTR continues to use only the first one.
Resulting in BOTH Quadrants working identically in WOTR.

I have updated to the latest 64 bit drivers I could find - did not change anything.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.