Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4484947 - 08/02/19 10:12 PM OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR?  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Then here,s a few things that may wet your appetite.
If you have any interest in WW2 Air combat have a nosy.. OBD has 2 current sims that are incredible,with sales they could both become even better,more phases,more flyables etc lets spread the word lads. thumbsup

Heres a review from Flightsim.com

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?19531-Review-Wings-Over-The-Reich

Also a video from OBD showing WOTR .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_TsVTRDGI

A few shots of mine..Thanks for looking all.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4484948 - 08/02/19 10:22 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
The top shot could almost pass for a photograph.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4484955 - 08/02/19 11:00 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thank you Hellshade,WOTR like WOFF looks beautiful at times. The Spit,Hurricane and 109,s are incredibly detailed inside and outside of the cockpits and Roberts (Wiggins) skins really add to the sim.

Chiefs already made some excellent mods over here https://hangar22.wordpress.com/ The map mod is something else,i also like the collective mod and his formation mod is also a great piece of work.

We will remember them.
#4484979 - 08/03/19 07:27 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Already a WOTR owner but thanks for the mod links.

#4484981 - 08/03/19 07:47 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
have thought about it, but how does it compare to il2 46 and its modded battle of britain

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4484991 - 08/03/19 11:30 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@Duke..Your very welcome mate,Chiefs mods get better and better.

@Lederhosen..I have Il2 1946 with Both B.A.T and VP mod pack installed,I'm not gonna lie I love both packs but have never tried a BOB campaign.

What I can say is WOTR already has given me 100+ hrs of total enjoyment,the graphics are crisp and the shaders look brilliant. The A.I in my opinion even outshines WOFF,S. Like WOFF it's immersion level is right up there,real squadrons including the polish 303 (with polish pilots). Sounds as always are fantastic including the radio chatter that comes in at times but it's the campaign like WOFFS that shines again. I really like the 109,s and the skins so far are absolutely outstanding.

WOTR deserves IMO to be mentioned one day with the same love and care that many of us have for WOFF..Id love to see flyable bombers,more phases going over into France and eventually into Germany. WOFF,S took many yrs to get the flyables and addons that it has and unfortunitely without sales POL and Winder cannot do what I believe they have in the head and heart to do. I bought WOTR on release at $34.99 it's now $29.99 an absolute steal at that price. I've had my money's worth and then some pal. If you have any love for Battle of Britain campaigns then honestly you won't go far wrong with WOTR. I love WOFF and have flown since OFFP2 but since WOTR came along I've barely touched it..it really is that good.

We will remember them.
#4485693 - 08/10/19 06:30 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by Adger
@Duke..Your very welcome mate,Chiefs mods get better and better.

@Lederhosen..I have Il2 1946 with Both B.A.T and VP mod pack installed,I'm not gonna lie I love both packs but have never tried a BOB campaign.

What I can say is WOTR already has given me 100+ hrs of total enjoyment,the graphics are crisp and the shaders look brilliant. The A.I in my opinion even outshines WOFF,S. Like WOFF it's immersion level is right up there,real squadrons including the polish 303 (with polish pilots). Sounds as always are fantastic including the radio chatter that comes in at times but it's the campaign like WOFFS that shines again. I really like the 109,s and the skins so far are absolutely outstanding.

WOTR deserves IMO to be mentioned one day with the same love and care that many of us have for WOFF..Id love to see flyable bombers,more phases going over into France and eventually into Germany. WOFF,S took many yrs to get the flyables and addons that it has and unfortunitely without sales POL and Winder cannot do what I believe they have in the head and heart to do. I bought WOTR on release at $34.99 it's now $29.99 an absolute steal at that price. I've had my money's worth and then some pal. If you have any love for Battle of Britain campaigns then honestly you won't go far wrong with WOTR. I love WOFF and have flown since OFFP2 but since WOTR came along I've barely touched it..it really is that good.

First of all I do not own WoTR, only WoFFue, so I can not do any judgement about this WW2 game, but sure those pictures are looking good. I still looking around the WoFF forum and reading, but also trying to keep it a bit quiet, because I’m not playing WoFF anymore.
So I also notice that,(to me it looks), the whole WOTR is struggling to get the attention from potential buyers. It is a small market but the whole BoB scene is also an theater were there are a lot of free add-ons, so why buying WoTR if you have already the Rowans BoB disk or all the free CFS3 expansions, did you know Ankor is now involved to make clickable CFS3 cockpits http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...ste-of-Things-to-Come-(Spitfire-Preview) sorry I know I keep repeating.
If going further I would go for something that is unique like Flyingtigers, Korea, Italy. But keep in your mind if looking at the members map at the CAforum, most buyers are still from N-America and UK, so OBD should never go for an theater of war that not contains one of these countries if wanting higher sales.

Guess you are thinking right now: Why I do not buy WoTR, simple after using the Samsung Odyssey+ I do buy only games that do have VR.
At this point maybe WoFFue could have an new life, as the whole VR in Flying Circus is disappointing, very bad lazy RoF swap job, done by some Russian designburo that does have no experience in VR. OBD could jump in were 1C are failing.

Sorry this is my advice as an nonMarketing guru :-)

Last edited by dutch; 08/10/19 07:49 AM.
#4485700 - 08/10/19 10:50 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

The problem with VR is it is still a niche and that is on top of a niche... but yes nice to have for sure. I'd like it. If AnKor could do his magic one day I'd be happy too as I have a Pimax 5k+ headset.

We have added many dramatic improvements over the original CFS3 over time as you know - AI that can actually land for one wink. The clickable cockpit aircraft is nice to have for those guys that want super realism but a lot of work. There are also various issues and restrictions with the modded CFS3 craft but the work the guys are doing looks super though and congrats to them for the extreme hard work and dedication on producing them.
BTW tease time ...coming soon, we have a few surprises in that area coming in WOFF and something cool in WOTR.

Last edited by Polovski; 08/10/19 12:20 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4485703 - 08/10/19 11:04 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@Dutch thanks for your reply. Yep seen the clickable cockpit,Ankor is a genius and hopefully in the future it's an option that maybe could be implemented.

It's your decision entirely regarding only flying VR products I've tried VR (demo and tried Elite Dangerous) and I was impressed but I believe it loses some sharpness,clarity compared to a monitor with track ir. It also needs a beast of a rig to run at a decent frame rate. But if VR could be implemented in the future for OBDS sims I'd buy a VR set immediately.

Going onto BoB ..A2A sim Battle of Britain 2 (modded/patched) is very good but IMO it also looks "tired,old". I also believe Win 10 has issues with it but I could be mistaken. The other expansions like ETO etc I feel the same way and even Pat Pattles Bob whilst really good doesn't hold a candle to WOTR at least thats my opinion. No other cfs3 expansion/add on has formation landings I believe,none has the incredible A.I that WOTR has or the campaign and pilot bios etc that both WOTR and WOFF provide. It's these things that for me that I love from OBDS sims. The scenery and lighting is really well done,excellent sounds and visuals the cockpits are incredible and it all looks so crisp and sharp.

Maybe a flyable bomber is required for more sales? Who knows. I think that with more sales we could end up going into France,Europe and eventually into the reich,WOTR imo is excellent now if we can get the phases and flyables that I believe OBD want then..we'd have an incredible sim. Cheers Dutch.

Edit:just seen Pols post has I posted this..Great news mate.

We will remember them.
#4485709 - 08/10/19 01:38 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Pol...you are teasing us again!!!! It doesn't help me keep my BP rate down! boing

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4485731 - 08/10/19 04:26 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Pol: We have a few surprises...

Raine: Wow! That HAS to mean retractable Lewis guns, Dolphins, parachutes, Straachens, transfers to HE, dynamic windsocks, revised medals, etc, etc, etc.

Pol: (sigh)

#4485745 - 08/10/19 05:40 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Rick Rawlings: Just let it be a new engine, already...
Pol: (double sigh)

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4485757 - 08/10/19 07:23 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Fullofit: I bet it’s different facial hair for gunner/observers.
Pol: How did you know?!

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4485760 - 08/10/19 07:47 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Fullofit has it spot on we changed one WOFF pilot to wear an authentic red white and blue mohican hair cut!

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4485761 - 08/10/19 07:49 PM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Yes! I knew it!

#4485791 - 08/11/19 12:26 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
I can only speak for myself of course but for me what keeps me from "making the jump" and purchase WOTR is that WOFF and subsequently WOTR are somehow incompatible with AMD video cards running the the most recent drivers (since 1-2 years ago). I would say that this issue alone is probably keeping other players (which like myself also have AMD cards in their PCs) at bay from purchasing these otherwise awesome sims.

If I knew that this AMD video card issue is already solved for both these sims then I would definitely purchase WOTR (I already own WOFF UE). So because of this alone and replying to the subject/question of this thread, I'm still on the fence regarding WOTR.
Well, my 2 cents anyway...

#4485793 - 08/11/19 12:36 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Fullofit]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Ah darn! I was hoping for an Iroquois cut festuned with porcupine quills!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4485795 - 08/11/19 01:22 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Robert,
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need.

#4485797 - 08/11/19 01:36 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: ricnunes]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Originally Posted by ricnunes
I can only speak for myself of course but for me what keeps me from "making the jump" and purchase WOTR is that WOFF and subsequently WOTR are somehow incompatible with AMD video cards running the the most recent drivers (since 1-2 years ago). I would say that this issue alone is probably keeping other players (which like myself also have AMD cards in their PCs) at bay from purchasing these otherwise awesome sims.

If I knew that this AMD video card issue is already solved for both these sims then I would definitely purchase WOTR (I already own WOFF UE). So because of this alone and replying to the subject/question of this thread, I'm still on the fence regarding WOTR.
Well, my 2 cents anyway...

Had an AMD/Radeon RX470 with new drivers and it ran both WOFF UE and WOTR just fine (now have GTX1060). I think there is some misinformation going around. If I recall, there was a thread somewhere here about it and myself and others chimed in when we were apparently not supposed to be running the game fine with Radeon cards. If memory serves, it was pretty much determined that it is only older generation Radeon (pre RX series) with newer generation drivers where a person *might* encounter problems. I never had any issues with my card or with updated drivers from my own personal experience.

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4485803 - 08/11/19 05:36 AM Re: OT Any of you guys still on the fence regarding WOTR? [Re: Adger]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Sorry for OT in OT, but :
@Redwolf and ricnunes
I had the same problem with AMD card (HD7870) not running WOFF with new drivers, so I personaly solved that by buying GTX1060 6GB card.
BTW, I do not regret that decision wink .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM