Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4485592 - 08/09/19 09:20 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Well if people have a problem with framerates using 24-bit BMPs then that is a consideration.
However, the great advantage is that the BMPs can be edited in-situ without the need to convert a file into a PCX, edit the PCX and then convert the PCX back again.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4485770 - 08/10/19 08:41 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: oldgrognard]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
It seemed inappropriate to me and other moderators I asked to look at it.

It seemed a snide shot. Where was the vocabulary misstep ? Who made it ?

Yes, they have very different meanings and to us it looked like you were making an insulting point.

Clever ? Maybe too clever.

If you are trying to ignore me it isn’t a good tactic.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4485814 - 08/11/19 09:59 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Not ignoring you.

I stepped away from the conversation to avoid embarrassing you by pointing out that you made a pretty snarky comment at the beginning of this thread.

And now you are instigating further conflict with a blatant threat.

?

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4485820 - 08/11/19 11:13 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
You haven’t answered my two questions.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4485825 - 08/11/19 01:11 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
And you haven't answered mine either. It's all nice and dandy to use my work and criticise I've not done it right and then walk away from it, but that's not how things work. If you've made a mistake with EAW's dimensions then you can at least admit you did, because I'm not budging from my opinion that the bridge is exactly to EAW's stock dimensions. Someone with your modelling skills should easily be able to verify it's true.

VonBeerhofen

#4485830 - 08/11/19 03:18 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen
I'm not budging from my opinion that the bridge is exactly to EAW's stock dimensions. Someone with your modelling skills should easily be able to verify it's true.
VonBeerhofen

Sorry OG, one more post.

VBH, I replaced my bridge with your bridge directly downloaded from Talley-ho, loaded it into the ETO2015 targrt set and ran the same mission to Paris. ( Different plane because I'm doing a bunch of SPAW stuff at the same time as I'm debating you).

Look at the vehicles at the bottom of the picture.
[Linked Image]

Look at how far your bridge spans and that's without the entrance ramps.
[Linked Image]

I would like an apology.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4485834 - 08/11/19 03:57 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

You would like what?

I want you to tell the dimensions of EAW's stock models TMOD12_H and TMOD13_H in 3DZ points, measured on each end in 3DZ Studio, and while you're at it you can also give the width of that model and then you can compare it with my model. You're welcome to give it's dimensions too, if you like. And stop using your ditch and rescaled objects as proof, proof is the size of EAW's stock model.

VonBeerhofen

#4485839 - 08/11/19 04:32 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

To help you remember what the game looked like, here are two pictures of Stock EAW:

The original bridge and the river where it belongs, with in the background the narrowing river where it doesn't belong.
[Linked Image]

The ditch and city models
[Linked Image]

Seems to me that somewhere along the line you turned a wrong corner, not that I care but the proof is in the numbers of TMOD12_H and TMOD13_H.

I also asked which other models of mine you resized.

VonBeerhofen

#4485848 - 08/11/19 05:22 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Irrefutable proof that it's stock EAW size. Since the bridge doesn't have a shadow file I put my bridge in it's shadowslot so both models are visible at the same time. And you want an apology? Well now I want an apology, I can't believe to what length you're willing to go to discredit my work and still have the nerve to use it!

[Linked Image]

VonBeerhofen

#4485850 - 08/11/19 05:57 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Not taking sides but I have a theory about what is causing the difference smile
VBH what exactly are the numbers of the TMods in question as the ones you mentioned do not seem to match the ones in this list?

0. Prison
1. Refinery
2. Steel Mill
3. Chemical Plant
4. Aircraft Factory
5. Air Field
6. Weapons Plant
7. Rail Yard
8. Ship Yard
6. U-Boat Pen
10. V-1 Launch Site
11. Road Bridge
12. Bridge Ramp
13. Cage Bridge
140 Stone Bridge
15. Wood Bridge
16. Iron Bridge

Once I know for sure I can tell you what might be causing the difference between what you see and what Ray sees.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4485853 - 08/11/19 07:36 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Ofcourse you're taking sides Mr. Jelly, you work together on the same thing, so don't give me that excuse. You're also asking for known information, don't you know what the stock bridgeslots are and haven't you read what was written?

Everyone can see what Ray sees, his pictures show my bridge in stock EAW size in a shrunk EAW world, in a location for which it wasn't made. Your EAW world is 1/2 size, it's trucks and tanks are puny, it's like what I see in stock EAW and EAWPRO from app. 5000 feet altitude and it's being used to discredit my work. I've made sure that the tiledrawings and distance to objects are practically the same, so there can not be any doubt about the fact that all the 3D models were miniaturised or look miniaturised. No wonder you complain about pixelsize on terrain tiles, they look twice as big in comparison to that miniature world.

I already knew that your EAW world was shrunk, as I wrote in my other thread, and I've seen it in many pictures too. I just want the community to know that I stayed true to the game's original dimensions because I think that's important.

The bridge model has measurable properties and Ray could have measured the model in 3DZ Studio and have answered my questions, instead he choose to ask for an apology and now the proof is on the table you want to take over, as always. Now that this discussion finally comes to a proper conclusion you all of a sudden have an explanation for it, without a doubt something which people or I without apropiate knowledge can't verify or understand.

I hope it's clear to you that I'm not interested in your explanation, whatever you have to say comes way too late as the damage is already done, and there's nothing that will set that right. If you guys don't know what you're doing then you shouldn't do it in the first place, and you should stay away from discrediting my work untill you know what you're on about. If Rotton had, this wouldn't have happened.

I don't know how many times this has happened but it's almost too rediculous to believe and undoubtedly it will keep on happening, as it has since my return, I hope people understand what's going on here and why. I've not entered any discussions or given an opinion on v1.60 irrespective of what's being done, but as usual my thread gets ruined by people who are discussing that version in my threads, subsequently try to discredit my work and waste two more days of my precious time, what's new? Leave me in peace!

VonBeerhofen

#4485859 - 08/11/19 08:47 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Rotton50, what makes you think you are due an apology ? You started the issue with your snide “eminent” comment. You ignored my questions. You accuse me of making a threat. Well, let me explain something to you. I am the assigned moderator for this forum. Moderators issue warnings. That is how it works. Just like making moderator comments in a post. Somehow you think that you should get special treatment because of your reading habits. As I have said, that’s not how the world turns.

You are making a point out of challenging me as moderator. Do you think that is a wise course of action ?

You create the issue and then try to act like the aggrieved party. I don’t buy it and I’m sure that most others see it as well. Since my assumption of moderator duty here you have been the most disruptive poster.

Both VBH and Mr Jelly can carry on pretty civilly and without the same rancor you display. You instigate disharmony between them.

I have been tolerant because of your contributions, but your disruptive behavior is becoming a detriment despite your talented work.

#4485865 - 08/11/19 10:23 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Maybe just a simple onlooker can chime in so Rotton50 doesn't think it is just OG out to get him. When I read Rotton50's post regarding the "eminent" and VBH it sure looked to me like a very unfounded and unnecessary poke (which started the whole ball rolling - so I am going to have to agree with the moderators). You guys are such talented mod'ers. I think everybody has feelings and everybody rightfully has pride in their work. Hope everyone can be mindful of how their actions or words can be hurtful or disrespectful to others - and I hope that everyone can get along. The community really benefits from the work you guys do (Jelly, VBH, Rotton50 - and all the other mod'ers too). I appreciate the contributions of all three of you and happily have different installs that include all of your contributions.

(as a side comment - VBH - I understand that you are quite upset at the moment, and rightfully so, but I don't think there is any malice intended in Mr.Jelly's inquiry).

Wishing everyone peace, personal accountability, and forgiveness. You guys do great work - looking forward for what is yet to come.

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4485875 - 08/12/19 02:18 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

I want you to tell the dimensions of EAW's stock models TMOD12_H and TMOD13_H in 3DZ points

The proof is in the numbers of TMOD12_H and TMOD13_H.

I was not taking sides, but 12 hexadecimal is 18, and 13 hexadecimal is 19
A numbered extract from your "tartypes.str" file:

0. Prison
1. Refinery
2. Steel Mill
3. Chemical Plant
4. Aircraft Factory
5. Air Field
6. Weapons Plant
7. Rail Yard
8. Ship Yard
9. U-Boat Pen
10. V-1 Launch Site
11. Road Bridge
12. Bridge Ramp
13. Cage Bridge
14. Stone Bridge
15. Wood Bridge
16. Iron Bridge
17. Heavy AAA site
18. Light AAA site
19. Oil Storage
20. Radar Station
21. Radar Tower

Hence my simple question, and a simple response would have been appreciated.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4485885 - 08/12/19 08:36 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

It doesn't have anything to do with my "tartypes.str" file, hexadecimals or even Roman numerals. The object is not even in the EAWPRO release and if you'd had a real interest in it you'd know. It's been available from Sandbagger's from 2010 onward as a download for stock v1.2, hence stock EAW properties, the slotnumbers for the model are clearly visible in the .ZIP. You'd have known the exact slotnumbers if you would have read the entire thread, but you didn't, I just didn't repeat them to safe myself and others from some silly explanation and a prolonged discussion. Can you please stop now, people already understand what's been going on., your explanation is only making things worse and wasting more of my and everyone else's precious time, nothing good will come of it.

When people want the model in EAWPRO all they have to do is download it and extract the .ZIP into their v1.2 or EAWPRO folders, where the EAW.EXE resides. You might also like my supertrees version from that era. The downloads are available here:

http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/vb.html

VonBeerhofen

#4485906 - 08/12/19 11:15 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

You were quoting the TMod.3dz names for the "High" model. However, I have seen "_H" used to indicate hexadecimal in some text, hence my mis-understanding of your text.
What I was actually curious about is the "Model Type" entry in your TMod table in the exe.
Since the early days of 1.28 we put it into an external file to save editing the exe. Later we split it into individual files for each TMod.
Ray would have been using the external table or individual files, and there is a chance that the "Model Type" entries in the file he was using were different from the ones in your hard-coded table.
If so you would see the bridge in different sizes, despite using exactly the same 3dzs.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4485908 - 08/12/19 11:40 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Saddest excuse I've ever heard for discrediting someone's work, but I knew it was coming.

VonBeerhofen

#4485910 - 08/12/19 11:56 AM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
OK, how about both of you turning it off. VBH, you are upping the level too much now.

I wish I had complete understanding of the complex computer programming you two have so that I could come to grips with the technical details.

I’m asking both of you to stop now.

This was unnecessary.

#4485911 - 08/12/19 12:02 PM Re: Guess what I found [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I totally agree OG, that's why I asked Mr. Jelly to stop it earlier on. I have nothing more to say on the subject and would like to move on. Sorry.

VonBeerhofen

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.