Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4483632 - 07/21/19 07:15 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

I know I'm overthinking it, but...
Without vehicle support it would be impossible for a mob to penetrate to any of the central buildings. They're so far away from the perimeter that a large group on foot couldn't carry enough supplies because too many people would require extra care, which would overtax the ones who could physically pull it off. Vehicles could be modified to crash the fence, opening the way for even unmodified vehicles to follow. Unless there are unavoidable vehicle traps inside the base I imagine most stock SUVs could cover the distance. The pictures I've seen don't show any obvious signs of particularly difficult terrain, although some would undoubtedly find soft sand and bog down. A small group of well-trained individuals in good physical condition could manage without too much trouble, even penetrating the perimeter and making the trek undetected. But that's not what we're talking about here, is it?

Wolf, stopping an invading force with any weapon ultimately depends on having enough ammunition, either to kill all of them or to psychologically undermine their determination. I would say that seeing eight to ten .50 caliber or 50 to 100 7.62 rounds tearing through vehicles and bodies every second would do the trick equally well. Of course in the case of the M134 you'd probably have the added benefit of instilling terror in them for the rest of their lives at the sound of ripping canvas or hail on the roof.

SALUTE TO ALL!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4483657 - 07/22/19 12:03 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
A small group of well-trained individuals in good physical condition...

Let me stop you right there and chuckle. That small group of well trained, well disciplined individuals isn't going anywhere near this cluster fudge, as they have far better things to do.

On firepower - I think just a couple 105 artillery rounds followed by some automatic grenade fire from an AC-130 would dissuade 99.99% of the Narito runners.

And I haven't even mentioned putting down a FASCAM minefield. wink

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4483663 - 07/22/19 12:27 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Actually, small groups of well trained and physically fit men try to penetrate on a regular basis. I don’t think you all appreciate all the security devices and sensors that are used and how they have external elements try to penetrate them to test them.

They take security there very seriously.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4483670 - 07/22/19 01:44 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: oldgrognard]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
Actually, small groups of well trained and physically fit men try to penetrate on a regular basis. I don’t think you all appreciate all the security devices and sensors that are used and how they have external elements try to penetrate them to test them.

They take security there very seriously.

I have no doubt.

But I doubt they'll do it during Nerdfest.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4483699 - 07/22/19 10:36 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Humanity has always had a high percentage of idiots for as long as humanity has existed on Earth but with the advent of the internet and especially social media, we are constantly reminded every day about just how many of them there are.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/22/19 10:36 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4483708 - 07/22/19 12:28 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
RedToo Offline
RedToo  Offline

Bolton UK

My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
#4483709 - 07/22/19 12:33 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: RedToo]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by RedToo

I have no doubt that some of these people actually believe in the Loch Ness "monster" but I think many others are just simply bored with their lives and want to do something "exciting".

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4483725 - 07/22/19 02:46 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted by Dart
That small group of well trained, well disciplined individuals isn't going anywhere near this cluster fudge...

I agree completely. Kind of my point; the people foolish enough to get involved in this aren't likely to be up to the challenge.

I believe I do. And it wouldn't surprise me if they do task special forces types with it from time to time. If I was in charge that's what I would do. And it may be pride in having been one of those young men (a long time and several pounds ago), but I also wouldn't be surprised if they succeed a lot more than the people tasked with its defense would like and the government will admit.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4483730 - 07/22/19 03:52 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: vonBaur]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Originally Posted by vonBaur
Originally Posted by Dart
That small group of well trained, well disciplined individuals isn't going anywhere near this cluster fudge...

I agree completely. Kind of my point; the people foolish enough to get involved in this aren't likely to be up to the challenge.

I believe I do. And it wouldn't surprise me if they do task special forces types with it from time to time. If I was in charge that's what I would do. And it may be pride in having been one of those young men (a long time and several pounds ago), but I also wouldn't be surprised if they succeed a lot more than the people tasked with its defense would like and the government will admit.

It is what they do, after putting in the security systems those small teams of very fit persons go in to see how they can get past them, once they actually cut the mains electricity going in, after that the location had to re-think how they got their power delivered and they did have quite a bit of redundancy at the time too.

As to Loch Ness … Ah hahahahahahaha, yeah, that will be the day, it's cold, it's deep, and the water is about the colour and consistency of oxtail soup once you get away from the surface layers, and the bottom is many feet deep in silt.

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4483785 - 07/23/19 01:08 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

There'd be a world of difference between merely managing to pull off an incursion versus doing so without getting CAUGHT...

But of course I'm only talking about the very outside perimeter - not actually getting anywhere near anything inside...

#4483810 - 07/23/19 10:37 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I don't know what the big deal is about the security at Area 51. Fox Mulder was able to get in just fine via a weakpoint in the chain link fence on the perimeter. biggrin

#4483840 - 07/23/19 05:04 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Even if someone got through all the US security stuff and into Area 51 itself... Marvin the Martian would just zap them with the disintegrator ray gun.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4483842 - 07/23/19 05:08 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I don't know what the big deal is about the security at Area 51. Fox Mulder was able to get in just fine via a weakpoint in the chain link fence on the perimeter. biggrin

Hahahahaha!

(they let him in as another part of the conspiracy against him)

From Laser:
#4483905 - 07/24/19 03:12 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I just watched X-Files the movie again. Its a movie I like and have seen a few times but not recently. When watching it again, I struggled with how effortless it seemed for Mulder to get to the middle of nowhere Antarctica in 48 hours, all alone in a snow vehicle. I know there's bunches of activity there now with varied national interests but it just seemed too much for a lowly FBI agent who's always getting into trouble managing to pull those logistics off combined with the fact he's headed to a place you'd think the shadow government would guard better. Even if remoteness contributed to primary defenses it makes it all the more harder to believe Mulder could get out there by himself at all and without drawing attention no less. I hate what he's done, but I enjoy all the smoking moments of the cigarette smoking man. He's kind of a sad character.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4483922 - 07/24/19 10:25 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Coot]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Coot
I hate what he's done, but I enjoy all the smoking moments of the cigarette smoking man. He's kind of a sad character.

Cigarette Smoking Man is all about "the means justifies the end". If he has to kill people to keep the black oil vaccine a secret and thus hidden from the alien race which is planning to colonize Earth then he will do so without hesitation.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/24/19 10:25 AM.

#4483931 - 07/24/19 11:46 AM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I hate what he's done, but I enjoy all the smoking moments of the cigarette smoking man. He's kind of a sad character.

Cigarette Smoking Man is all about "the means justifies the end". If he has to kill people to keep the black oil vaccine a secret and thus hidden from the alien race which is planning to colonize Earth then he will do so without hesitation.

PM, it is the other way around... "The end justifies the means". I think we're going to have to pull your radical card! winkngrin

#4483934 - 07/24/19 12:06 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: CyBerkut]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by CyBerkut

PM, it is the other way around... "The end justifies the means". I think we're going to have to pull your radical card! winkngrin

Whoops. That's what happens when I post really early in the morning before I've had my second cup of coffee.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/24/19 12:06 PM.

#4483991 - 07/24/19 07:08 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
That reminds me of something else PM with regards to the black oil vaccine. In the movie it is said that the vaccine is a very weak remedy yet when Mulder gives it to Scully, the whole alien ship reacts like its gone nuts, aliens breaking out of hibernation and they pull the plug and high tail it out of there. Was the vaccine infecting the ship or were the aliens detecting and as of yet unknown threat so they decided to play it safe and leave? The tube stuck into Scully eroded after the injection so they make it look like the "weak" vaccine was actually doing significant damage to the whole ship and its network of incubating aliens. I guess its nitpicking but those things felt like they didn't add up in the writing. A lot happens fast so I don't always catch or understand all of the fast paced dialogue.

Last edited by Coot; 07/24/19 07:08 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4483992 - 07/24/19 07:13 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Coot]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
That reminds me of something else PM with regards to the black oil vaccine. In the movie it is said that the vaccine is a very weak remedy yet when Mulder gives it to Scully, the whole alien ship reacts like its gone nuts, aliens breaking out of hibernation and they pull the plug and high tail it out of there. Was the vaccine infecting the ship or were the aliens detecting and as of yet unknown threat so they decided to play it safe and leave? The tube stuck into Scully eroded after the injection so they make it look like the "weak" vaccine was actually doing significant damage to the whole ship and its network of incubating aliens. I guess its nitpicking but those things felt like they didn't add up in the writing. A lot happens fast so I don't always catch or understand all of the fast paced dialogue.

You ask a very good question and what happened is that the black oil vaccine was still a work in progress during the course of the events in the movie so hence why it was referred to as being "weak" but it apparently was still strong enough for the aliens to detect it as a threat.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/24/19 07:14 PM.

#4542785 - 10/30/20 08:34 PM Re: Storm Area 51 [Re: Chaz]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Place is top secret but why they don't make Google take down the photo.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...8e6237ae!8m2!3d37.2430548!4d-115.7930198

What exactly do you all think it's there under those buildings - outside of another Lockheed Skunk Works or Air Force aircraft?

UFOs that crashed? Extra terrestrial bodies? Remember that Alien Autopsy on TV in 90's? I remember watching that and being a kid I thought it was real.

The Storm Area 51 work out well for 5 people who were arrested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51#Facebook_event_to_storm_Area_51

Mulder and Scully, where are you?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x61t0ia

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x61t0ib

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.