Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4482051 - 07/08/19 09:49 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

I had something similar which I fixed by poking around for a few minutes.

It was something in the arc of:

1) Uninstall the HD sound and Voice pack
2) Load the game and reset the sound options from the menu (may be the most important) & exit and Reinstall the HD sounds and Vox.
3) retry the game with working audio.

I will also lose sounds if I alt-tab to another media window, or if something else with media functions takes focus. This is simply fixed by returning focus to the game window though, so it probably isn't the issue.

Because I 'fixed' it so quickly, I don't have a very thorough set of testing/notes because this 'first try' resolved the problem.

Certainly if you haven't already tried it, just 'resetting' the in game audio from the menu might be worth a shot.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4482169 - 07/09/19 08:05 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Lieste, you sir are a certified genuis. Worked a treat. Thanks very much. After watching the latest series of Knighfall I really wanted some sword play. I'd tried the tip Coots gave re uninstalling sound pack, but like an idiot I never thought of the extra steps about resetting the sound etc. Well played mate, thanks again. Thanks to all who gave me some pointers.

#4482187 - 07/09/19 09:58 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
I really wish this game would grab me and keep my attention...

I'm pretty interested in some Youtube Channels about Medieval Warfare these days, yet somehow with a perfect game to go along that interest, I still don't "get it". Part of it are the GFX, and part of it... I dunno, the writing and animation I guess. I keep playing it an evening or two and then something else comes along.

Anyone got some ideas? I'm very early in the game, just after you discover what's happned to Lubosch...

#4482233 - 07/10/19 10:12 AM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I don't think there is much to say RS, to some the game mechanics click all of a sudden but to most(?) it just becomes a tedious walk of grinding until you can even consider doing anything fun,
And reading their toxic forum it seems once your character levels up to be usable it becomes boring for the 1-strike-1-kill you start to deliver.
Myself I just now uninstalled it after trying to understand this for 24 hours worth of playing (I never did found out about Lubosch btw, congrats to you there)

Needless to say, to me this is the worst gameplay I have ever seen. By far.
Shame for such nicely looking environment.

#4482249 - 07/10/19 12:19 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That's interesting Oden, as I found it a great game. One of the best first-person RPGs I've played in years. Too bad it didn't click for you, but that happens.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4482259 - 07/10/19 01:56 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st

Anyone got some ideas? I'm very early in the game, just after you discover what's happned to Lubosch...

That's a tough one Colonel. I do recall that things really opened up after reaching the city of Rattay. Maybe stick with it until that point and see if you feel any differently. But perhaps it just isn't your bag? I thought it was great, obviously, as my posts throughout the thread attest. The melee combat being the best of it's sort in my view. If you're in to Medieval stuff this should be right up your alley, with it's authenticity. But sometimes that's not enough.

Edit: Looks like there have been three DLCs released since I finished the game last October. Any good? Any opinions on the three latest DLC

I believe these are called

A Woman's Lot
Treasures of the Past
Band of Bastards

In no particular order

Last edited by DBond; 07/10/19 03:53 PM.

#4482265 - 07/10/19 02:40 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by DBond
That's interesting Oden, as I found it a great game. One of the best first-person RPGs I've played in years. Too bad it didn't click for you, but that happens.

+1

#4482301 - 07/10/19 07:03 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

I have a mod I am working on which alters some of the combat mechanics.

A blend of reducing some of the 'verticality' of weapon and stat levelling, removing the 'protective' shield of stamina, but also significantly reducing weapon damage to keep armour effective against weapons suited to cutting softer targets, and a more accurate rendering of 'weak points' of the armour array.

All done with parameter modifications so far, I haven't needed to tweak any scripts.

I'd be happy to share the current version mod files if anyone wanted to test and give feedback (though it is WiP, and not complete (I also want to revise the economy values ~ a lost edit to the pickables file from a versioning error which I really regret), and there are some modifications to the start state which I haven't made, but want to touch on later (increasing base stats a little, but reducing the rate at which they improve more).

#4482309 - 07/10/19 08:26 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Originally Posted by DBond
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st

That's a tough one Colonel. I do recall that things really opened up after reaching the city of Rattay. Maybe stick with it until that point and see if you feel any differently. But perhaps it just isn't your bag? I thought it was great, obviously, as my posts throughout the thread attest. The melee combat being the best of it's sort in my view. If you're in to Medieval stuff this should be right up your alley, with it's authenticity. But sometimes that's not enough.

Edit: Looks like there have been three DLCs released since I finished the game last October. Any good? Any opinions on the three latest DLC

I believe these are called

A Woman's Lot
Treasures of the Past
Band of Bastards

In no particular order

I haven't played Band of bastards and cannot comment much on it. I think this added the tournaments you can participate in so it might be worth it on sale.

Treasures of the past you can skip. It adds a bunch of treasure maps around the map you can hunt down and dig up. Not a bad way to get some money and equipment outside of combat, but I think you can skip it. Best part of it is the Warhorse gear, it's not great stat wise, but if you have to repair it, it only costs a buck per piece of equipment.

A Woman's lot is good, but short. You play as Theresa for a couple of days before, during and after the Skalitz raid. You get to see a lot more of Skalitz and it's people before and find out what happened so many of them.
It also adds a few more missions you can do for Johanka, one of the other Skalitz survivors.
And it adds more lines and interactions with Theresa.
Finally, it adds a dog companion. Dogs were also added to the game and can make some combat more difficult as they will attack you when you're in bandit camps. They don't do much damage, but can sometimes chop on your arm and prevent you from attacking for a moment.
Having one that can attack and temporarily incapacitate an enemy is useful.

#4482387 - 07/11/19 12:28 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks for the info wormfood. The tournament was out just before I finished the game, but I never triggered it as it had issues, evidently, at that point.

The rest of the DLC fails to light my fire. Too bad, a compelling addition might make me give it another go.

#4482399 - 07/11/19 01:51 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Woman's Lot is fairly long, with the 'few extra missions for Johanka' being a solid 5-6 hours of play (with sufficient travel to distract and extend the players time in game in addition to this basic core), in addition to the reprise of the prologue (from a day earlier) from Teresa's point of view (another 2-6 hours).
The Dog companion is also a useful addition, and gives me an intent to replicate and extend some of the follow mechanics to the horse (maybe).

The tournament is now fairly solid as an event - it has a more or less annoying repeating notification, but functionally it works much better than at release. I like it because it removes 'equipment advantage' and in particular goes with the mod I run to have a strong distinction between the faces and 'everything else', except with the maces, where it matters less.

Band of Brothers I haven't yet played, but it is installed.

Amorous Adventures of Hans Capon was enjoyable, but fairly light. Much of the criticism was around how short (less than half) of the content was after players 'skipped' over the major portion of the second quest. It didn't add much new and unique, but had some 'gray' decisions to make or evaluate.

From the Ashes was something with more potential than the result. My main beef was the design failure of a money sink, which then produces a strong income after a (relatively trivial) investment of money and time. It was nice to have the decorated church... and a 'programmable' training arena for practising varied 1v1 combat scenarios. (More than worth it for testing a combat mod alone).

Treasures from the Past was a 'free promotional' nonsense that gives a 'free to maintain' set of average to good gear. It was later offered for sale to people who hadn't pre-ordered, and has a 'treasure hunt' to collect the pieces.

I would say, if you were to buy one dlc only, get A Woman's Lot. The bundle of all dlc isn't significantly more expensive though, and at the bundle/discount rate I think that all of them have enough value to worth the asking price.

#4482406 - 07/11/19 03:09 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks for the insight Lieste, appreciated as always. Maybe I'll give the game another go. I really enjoyed the first run. I made a comment earlier in the thread about how replayability may not be one of this game's strong suits, for me anyway. But I liked it enough to warrant another run I reckon.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.