Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4481911 - 07/07/19 03:21 PM Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ?  
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,503
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,503
brasil

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4481961 - 07/08/19 02:47 AM Re: Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,929
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,929
Jackman, ME
$34 for a 4oz lobster roll? NYC isn’t THAT far from Maine or Massachusetts, lobsters brought in one day will be in NYC by the next day. There’s nowhere on the Maine coast that’s more than 8-10 hours from NYC by truck. The only reason it costs that much at Ed’s is because some people WILL pay that much. There’s a mom & pop corner store in my hometown that makes the BEST lobster rolls, and you’ll pay $12-15 for a large (I have no idea how much meat it has, but it falls out of the roll when you eat it.)


Phil

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
#4481964 - 07/08/19 03:31 AM Re: Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ? [Re: NH2112]  
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,509
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,509
The Lone Star State
it's imitation lobster meat


"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
#4481975 - 07/08/19 10:28 AM Re: Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 108,960
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 108,960
Miami, FL USA
Why does lobster cost so much?


Because the market can bear such prices. Full stop.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4481995 - 07/08/19 02:50 PM Re: Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,619
Mr_Blastman Offline
Senior Member
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,619
Atlanta, GA
Lobster aren't sea roaches, these are:

[Linked Image]

I've seen thousands of them on the Georgia coast, and can usually be found when the tide washes out from jetties and rock formations along the sea. They climb the rocks and frequent the pools of water at the base of the rocks where I believe they lay their eggs. They're nice creatures, actually, and will let you pick them up, as my young Daughter found out. Not nearly as nasty as a real roach.

But, they're called sea roaches.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ligia_oceanica

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 07/08/19 03:14 PM.
#4482076 - 07/09/19 02:08 AM Re: Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,403
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,403
The Bayou
Yum. If it's retrieved from water, there's a 99% chance I can't get enough of it (I haven't come across the 1% yet, except maybe for that sea roach). And those giant crayfish are at the top of my list. readytoeat

#4482087 - 07/09/19 06:14 AM Re: Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 8
carbunkle Offline
Junior Member
carbunkle  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 8
Duarte
Now I'm craving for a good Lobster Roll.


I'm trying to tune and adjust aftermarket parts performance using diablosport.
#4482099 - 07/09/19 10:34 AM Re: Why Sea Cockroach is so expensive ? [Re: carbunkle]  
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 108,960
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 108,960
Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by carbunkle
Now I'm craving for a good Lobster Roll.



I'm craving a big bowl of lobster bisque!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Russia wedding
by Crane Hunter. 08/25/19 05:32 PM
Meanwhile in New Zealand...
by Chef. 08/25/19 11:26 AM
Games
by carrick58. 08/25/19 02:54 AM
The College Football thread
by piper. 08/25/19 12:18 AM
The Mandalorian
by Chaz. 08/24/19 04:36 AM
Speaking of flat earthers
by Ajay. 08/23/19 12:55 AM
63...63...63...63
by 462cid. 08/22/19 10:16 PM
Say WHAT?!?!?
by vonBaur. 08/22/19 09:53 PM
disturbing image for Flat Earthers
by Tom_Weiss. 08/22/19 11:47 AM
Lost my best friend
by NH2112. 08/22/19 03:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0