Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4481687 - 07/05/19 11:44 PM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
This Ubeogesh workaround doesn't work for me. Therefore, I tried to open the security tab for gameux.dll in order to manually delete it but get blocked by 'TrustedInstaller'. Even if I go into the 'programs' system of 'gamedux' and change the security settings to become the 'owner' etc. I still can't delete it. This sure is a bummer not being able to play WOFF UE anymore. Is there a way to write a new disc with pertinent info to get proper info put into computer? My ISP is so slow I can't do this 'traditionally'. (That's the only reason I can't fly Wings Over The Reich... my computer would shut down after a time while downloading). Thanks for any help in advance.

#4481744 - 07/06/19 10:54 AM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Arup..you DONT delete it pal,you just have to rename it. Do you have Windows 64 bit or 32 bit? If it's 64 bit then il post below Chiefs manual method to see if it helps you go to Windows/Syswow64 and find gameux.dll and rename it to gameux.dll.Ubeogesh

If your not that computer "savvy" Arup..is there someone nearby that can help you change permissions etc pal?

** DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A KNACK FOR BREAKING COMPUTERS **

You can change the name of the file manually, you just need to navigate the confusing permissions process which is something like:

Go to the file in the syswow64 folder, no other location!

You need to:

Change ownership of the file, and then change the permissions of the owner to enable modifying.

So, right click the file, select properties, then select the advanced option.

On the advanced window, select the owner tab and click edit, this should enable you to select your actual login name profile as the owner.

Then apply/OK it and all windows as needed

Then now you are the owner you can apply the relevant permissions.

So right click it again, select properties and this time select Edit, you can then tick the tick boxes to allow your login to modify the file.

Apply/ok this and now you should be able to rename the file.

** BUT MAKE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL FIRST SOMEWHERE OUTSIDE THE FOLDER**

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4481754 - 07/06/19 11:45 AM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
Adger- thanks very much for the info. It's a 64 bit OS. There is no one to help. I can muddle through but it really tries my 'sanity'! I'll make a copy of the file. I usually take the copied filename for anything I copy and put a 'z' in front of it. I can find it pretty fast that way. I must not have done the 'permissions' properly but I went online for tutorials and followed instruction 'to the letter'. Unfortunately, I am more of an 'artist' than 'scientist' and struggle with this stuff. It's the artist in me that extremely enjoys flying this SIM... it's the best! I only like flying my scratch built RC models better but not by much!!!

#4481765 - 07/06/19 12:38 PM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

ARUP..No worries pal,I sincerely hope you get sorted. Hopefully Chiefs advice above will help in some way.

Yep WOFF really is a great sim,it's a strange event for sure that some of us have this dll "issue" and some don't? WOFF I had no issue but it did occur in WOTR ..really strange.

We have regular flyers of RC craft and RC boats/ships on a local park near where I live,there's some real work and dedication that goes into them.
Again I sincerely hope you get sorted pal.

EDIT: What if any error message do you see when using Ubeogesh,s bat file ARUP?

Last edited by Adger; 07/06/19 01:16 PM.

We will remember them.
#4481887 - 07/07/19 12:13 PM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
Adger- I don't remember getting any mssgs ??? I'll keep plugging away at this. I tried 'resetting' computer to a previous date config when WOFF UE worked without problems but then 'Chrome' wouldn't work! I didn't understand how to resolve that issue so I went back to previous settings. I would gladly pay $100 or more for a disc to just load into rig and 'go'. I would even pay for a hardware/software stand alone unit to play this SIM so that any outside influences would be eliminated, forever. Kinda like a modern day 'board game'! Autonomy at its highest tech!

#4481890 - 07/07/19 12:26 PM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

ARUP, maybe your issue is nothing to do with this. It won't fix every type of problem. If you have Windows 10 it's likely not this anyway..

Try a reinstall of DX9.. Other than that we'd need all the exact error details, logs etc as per the last 2 pages of the FAQ.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4481891 - 07/07/19 12:52 PM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
Great minds... ahahahaha! I just did DirextX9 install on this Win 7 system. I'm going to delete everything and start all over. My bicycle beckons!

#4482466 - 07/12/19 12:20 AM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
Something just isn't 'right'. I've tried Pov's anti-virus scan suggestion, deleted CFS and WOFF UE,etc., re-loaded DirectX, CFS and WOFF and etc. and am very frustrated. Thanks for all of your help, fellas. I know it's just something I'm not doing correctly. It's just too complicated for me. I guess I'll just sign off... I know when I'm defeated and at 62 years of age can't waste time trying to learn computers. Again... thanks much for your assistance.

#4482475 - 07/12/19 01:47 AM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Hi ARUP does WOFF load in mate? Does it just hang at the 1st mission after loading runtime in campaign?
Edit..I see that's exactly what it does from page 1.
If it does this you can CTRL+ALT+DELETE and it'll bring up task manager..click on WOFF.exe and CFS3.exe if it's there,and end the process..then reload WOFF and hopefully all should be good. Don't restart the PC,just reload WOFF mate.

Sorry I've seen that on page 1 youve shut down and restarted your PC,that may make it run like the 1st time..try above without restarting your PC.

We will remember them.
#4483347 - 07/19/19 11:04 AM Re: Stuck at 'Loading...' Phase [Re: ARUP]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

ARUP send the logs and info as requested in last 2 pages of the FAQ. It tells you step by step how to send the info, then we can see if we can fix it.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.