Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4477246 - 06/08/19 08:41 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Just wondering how they're gonna make money with L-39 now, cause they didn't think this earlier and released both C & ZA versions at same price. They must be pissed, although there is this Ka-50 thing and DCS: Fw 190 A-8 / DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora, last two sold separately. Their plan worked pretty well, except you usually sell worse plane first then the better biggrin
Maybe L-39s new cockpit will even get correct english translations and if we are very very lucky raindrops on canopy, but we'll see.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4478012 - 06/13/19 11:47 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

I know many don't like EDs business practices and I understand that. But this seems kind of par for the course in the gaming world lately. Even a great company that I haven't heard many complaints about Battlefront is doing this with their Combat Mission series. Love the games, but I never know which version I can play on my PC if I take any extended break from it as all of their new series of games have new game engines that you have to buy an upgrade for to even play the game, maybe not always, but I know I HAD to buy an upgrade to play Combat Mission Normandy once windows 10 came out.

I miss the days of free patches and fixes instead of the new paid DLCs everywhere.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4478040 - 06/14/19 09:20 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Wait for this weekends newsletter.....

Another dodgy campaign based on the Persian Gulf saving oil tankers from mines
In nothing but a mig-15 launched from carriers

I am working on a dodgy campaign of my own based on a "real event"

All I need to complete it is the Yak-52 module to authenticate this campaign and test it for myself before I put forth my proposal to ED and enter full scale production

mind you, I won't be buying the YAK-52 as it a POS and not worthy of DCS stature.

However, keeping inline with dodgy campaigns, it is only fair I release one with a dodgy aircraft. Here is a run down so far.

Chinese national Sum Dum Fook is operating the YAK-52 out of Batumi airfield giving scenic tours along the coast of Georgia
It is a planned 20 minute joyride with a Philippineo passenger (Iz She Ho) but midway through, the aircraft suffers catastrophic structural failure and that is the end of the campaign.

Based on a real event as seen Here

country of origin has been changed and names of pilot and passenger changed out of respect but the end result is the same.

The campaign will have 1 single mission and run for a period of 12 minutes, It will be the best $9.95 invested in a campaign thus far.

To keep with tradition of how voiceover's are the sole selling point for campaigns these days, I have enlisted the help of some adult film actress's to groan and squeal as the aircraft crashes into the water.

Many recordings have been ripped off other sites of females hitting climax as they would in a stunt plane out on a joyride up until and right at the moment of climax the aircraft explodes and the campaign ends.

Like I said, DCS strives for authenticity....as does my effort in building this campaign.

Anyone have any idea of how to set sound recordings to 'G" limits, so when Sum Dum Fook is jerking back on his stick, the passenger in the back can squeal with delight right up until the 12

minute mark when the mission ends. Set 'over 2000' random voice overs so it's not the same girl every time. That's the sort of campaign worth buying.

Thinking about it....I might make it a 2 mission campaign, the 2nd mission will require the UH-1. You will need to fly up and down the coast trying to spot the bodies.

Body locations will be randomized each time the campaign is played.

#4478170 - 06/14/19 10:52 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
quite fitting to the previous post....

Originally Posted by ED
Yak-52: Added new flap failure sounds.

Source

#4478292 - 06/15/19 10:11 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

@Winfield - I'd pay for that, it's less than 10$, have authentic voices and spot on character names. Although I think 12 mins for 10$ is way too much, at least consider selling misson 2 as DLC addon to mission 1 (like 15$ or something like that), maybe then 3rd mission with Christen Eagle, same mission with new voice overs, that I think would ensure proper sales.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4478315 - 06/16/19 04:05 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

I think the main problem we haven't discussed yet is the fact that nothing is ever fixed anymore. With DCS World or any game. Starting steam on any given day and many of the games I have receive updates. Technology in our CPUs, GPUs, etc always changes. Most of it isn't very compatible which is why you see things get broken after an update of DCS and then that requires an update and the whole thing helps make it seem nothing is finished. I cant think of a single game where I thought it was perfect how it is. Even ARMA 3 has enemies that can headshot you from the other side of a forest because they can see through trees. Easy for us to complain about but the time or technology to fix it may not be feasible.

Is ED out to get as much money from us as possible? HELL YES, they are a business. If your buying my car I'm not going to turn you down if you want to buy the CDs that are sitting on the seat. Do I think it fractures the community to make some things paid and others not? Yes, however, I have heard some good ideas on how to keep things paid add-ons and still including them for people who don't buy them. I still don't see ED as any worse than Electronic Arts. Or any of the games my children play on their phones and tablets that require more paid DLC or whatever you want to call it than anything I have seen from EA, ED, Ubisoft etc. And don't get me started on Fortnite.

I've been a lurker and post very rarely on SimHQ for a long time. It has gone from my favorite place to read about flight sims and other games to one I think twice about posting on for the reason of being called a "fan boy" or whatever. Yes I'm a fan of DCS World and many other imperfect games. Anytime something new about DCS is announced its like a race for someone here to be the first to bash it. That's fine, I understand and agree with some of it. But from what I have seen, most people are pissed about what someone else from another company promised people, took peoples money and failed, and ED took it over to the delight of many people at first.

I guess it confuses me because if I paid a company to build me a table and they took my money and suddenly disappeared but I saw you built tables I would still have to pay for the second table. I love all the opinions on this site. We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do. Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

And for the record, yes they could go waaay lower. Just ask my wallet after my kids found the game Fortnite.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4478334 - 06/16/19 09:35 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
@Winfield - I'd pay for that, it's less than 10$, have authentic voices and spot on character names. Although I think 12 mins for 10$ is way too much, at least consider selling misson 2 as DLC addon to mission 1 (like 15$ or something like that), maybe then 3rd mission with Christen Eagle, same mission with new voice overs, that I think would ensure proper sales.

That is a very fair point you have raised Iceecl, I will offer mission one and 2 at the discounted price of $5.95, however the bonus points will have to come into effect to purchase this campaign. I will offer this campaign outside of the standard "bonus points" which the consumer gets to use once every 2 years and only for 5 days out of that 2 year limit. I can see the sales of this campaign being like VEAO when pete carped on with "10's of thousands of hawk sales" so reading your thoughts I feel that making this campaign available 12 months of the years with the bonus points scheme I myself can boast "10's of thousands of campaign sales"

Really....how many people who have purchased modules\campaigns are sitting on bonus points that they can not use? I'd be happy to give away the campaign in return on bonus points that I can only once every 2 years.

Originally Posted by LC
I think the main problem we haven't discussed yet is the fact that nothing is ever fixed anymore. With DCS World or any game. Starting steam on any given day and many of the games I have receive updates. Technology in our CPUs, GPUs, etc always changes. Most of it isn't very compatible which is why you see things get broken after an update of DCS and then that requires an update and the whole thing helps make it seem nothing is finished. I cant think of a single game where I thought it was perfect how it is. Even ARMA 3 has enemies that can headshot you from the other side of a forest because they can see through trees. Easy for us to complain about but the time or technology to fix it may not be feasible.

Is ED out to get as much money from us as possible? HELL YES, they are a business. If your buying my car I'm not going to turn you down if you want to buy the CDs that are sitting on the seat. Do I think it fractures the community to make some things paid and others not? Yes, however, I have heard some good ideas on how to keep things paid add-ons and still including them for people who don't buy them. I still don't see ED as any worse than Electronic Arts. Or any of the games my children play on their phones and tablets that require more paid DLC or whatever you want to call it than anything I have seen from EA, ED, Ubisoft etc. And don't get me started on Fortnite.

I've been a lurker and post very rarely on SimHQ for a long time. It has gone from my favorite place to read about flight sims and other games to one I think twice about posting on for the reason of being called a "fan boy" or whatever. Yes I'm a fan of DCS World and many other imperfect games. Anytime something new about DCS is announced its like a race for someone here to be the first to bash it. That's fine, I understand and agree with some of it. But from what I have seen, most people are pissed about what someone else from another company promised people, took peoples money and failed, and ED took it over to the delight of many people at first.

I guess it confuses me because if I paid a company to build me a table and they took my money and suddenly disappeared but I saw you built tables I would still have to pay for the second table. I love all the opinions on this site. We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do. Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

And for the record, yes they could go waaay lower. Just ask my wallet after my kids found the game Fortnite.

Out of all that crap posted LC, Let me break it down

Originally Posted by LC

Paradaz has summed up and answered this member's opinion in this paragraph numerous times in many of the threads here over the last 5 years.....

Originally Posted by LC

last time I looked this was a DCS thread, go figure....no mention of fortnight, EA, kids phone apps and the like......

Originally Posted by LC
I've been a lurker and post very rarely on SimHq for a long time. It has gone from my favorite place to read about flight sims and other games to one I think twice about posting on for the reason of being called a "fan boy" or whatever. Yes I'm a fan of DCS World and many other imperfect games. Anytime something new about DCS is announced its like a race for someone here to be the first to bash it. That's fine, I understand and agree with some of it. But from what I have seen, most people are pissed about what someone else from another company promised people, took peoples money and failed, and ED took it over to the delight of many people at first.

let me suggest those who 'lurk' here can lurk over at mudspike with the rest of the non believer's Those who don't see reason and signed up on mudspike's forums and stayed there....let me suggest as I have before....
choof off and tell 'em all I said Hi"....especially Sobek, Nate, Skate and the rest of the ED cohorts.
Mind you, they still lurk out here in these forums but have the decency to not bother commenting and spreading filth any more these days. Those who feel that same way as the poster above take a leaf out of their book.
I like the way this post starts the paragraph though...a rant and then does an about face inviting someone to 'bash' it... Thank you for the invite, I'd rather just bash the entire post, not just one paragraph within....

Originally Posted by LC
I guess it confuses me because if I paid a company to build me a table and they took my money and suddenly disappeared but I saw you built tables I would still have to pay for the second table.
I love all the opinions on this site. We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do.
Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

Originally Posted by LC
We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do. Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

Quite a contradictory paragraph or 2, this is SimHQ, SimeHQ has nothing to do with tables, may I suggest to those who have purchased dodgy household items....take it up with the manufacturer. What do tables etc have to do with DCS?
like I said earlier, to those who post garbage here and contradict themselves, head over to the Mudspike forums and register. Posts like the one above here above are welcome over at those forums.

just to reiterate to those who come here spewing fiction and no fact....

SimHQ is obviously not for you or the "has been's" or perhaps the "never was been's" these days, join NineLine, Skate or some other clown that cares to read the crap that is spewed above here. comments and posts like these ^^ are highly valued over at mudspike.

#4478341 - 06/16/19 10:39 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Dondy Offline
Dondy  Offline

Germany
Good post Winfield! You just proofed the point LC is making in suggesting that this place is not for him (and also for me) anymore. It seems there is hardly any traffic on these forums, especially the DCS subforum anymore.
No one has a problem with contructive criticism and also some humorous wink in EDs direction. But what you (and others) are doing is just bashing and making fun of every bit ED is putting out these days. ED just cannot win in your world. And if someone dares to simply discuss this simulation and or some of its modules you and others just come rushing in every time to teach us just how ignorant we are to have FUN with DCS. How dare we ...
Just do me a favour and put the lights out when you leave this (sub-)forum last.

In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgäu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4478347 - 06/16/19 11:01 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Hey Dondy....

Last time I checked, SimHQ doesn't receive money for posts and is
Not a click bait website

Less traffic here in the DCS forums is made up by 'traffic' in the many
Sub forums here at SimHQ

Cheers. Thanks for stopping by and adding to the list of
Lurkers who follow these forums but don't comment because their posts
Are irrelevant. Cherio

#4478349 - 06/16/19 11:02 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Seems those who post are at SimHQ are those with something relevant worth posting.
Like my posts....the rest are those who come here once every 10 years to support
Those other clowns who post here once every 10 years.

It's like the old schoolers who still use TeamSpeak and haven't made the switch
To discord. Those who don't like change and are stuck in a rut like ED and their forums

#4478350 - 06/16/19 11:07 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Dondy]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Dondy
Good post Winfield! You just proofed the point LC is making.....

Well 'proofed' me wrong then......give me something worth replying to

Thus far you haven't and I invite any Lurker to give me something worth responding to

#4478369 - 06/16/19 01:55 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Winfield]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by Winfield
give me something worth responding to

No. You go first

#4478394 - 06/16/19 05:24 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

Winfield, Im simply stating I would come here to SimHQ to read about what others have done in the sims I enjoy. How they tackled a situation that frustrated them and how I could become better at the sim or game. I didn't post much because I didn't have answers for others on how to better utilize the complex engine management of the BF-109 in IL-2. Or how to set up the campaign on Falcon 4.0 to suppress the enemy air defenses in the first days of the Korean campaign etc. My lack of posts means nothing. I am not attacking you personally, so I feel no reason for you to be so animated about it. I even said in my post that I respect and understand your opinion. You should do the same for others.

The table analogy is just that. An analogy. Its purpose was to say one business is not responsible for anothers failures. Its my opinion that ED is not responsible for the promises made by another developer for the WWII kickstarter fiasco. I understand you want ED to fail. That's fine, I wish they would change things too but I don't want any sim developer to fail because I do want the option to purchase games. I don't mean to speak for you, but being as you frequent a video game forum I would assume you would also like more options for this genre. If I am totally incorrect in this assumption then I apologize.

May I be so frank as to ask what you want from ED when it comes to DCS World? I think we would have a better understanding of each other if we knew what we liked and disliked about the game. For me, I think a lack of a good single player campaign has set this game back. I would also like them to complete a module before moving on to another. Those are my top two gripes with DCS World. With that said however, I do not know the coding complexities of my complaints. I would think the campaign issue is fixable since other games from earlier decades have done it. I've yet to have a game I was completely 100% happy with. However, I did get a lot of enjoyment out of games like EAW, Janes f-15, Falcon 4.0, IL-2, and now with DCS. Again, non perfect but all (I feel) worth my money that I chose to spend on them. So I am here to have a friendly and civil conversation on what we would like to see done, what we have liked in the game, what we hate in the game etc. I will not argue with you over who is right as opinions cannot be right or wrong.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4478404 - 06/16/19 08:15 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Dondy Offline
Dondy  Offline

Germany
Seriously Winfield, I don't know what your are talking about ... I never said anything about clickbait and making money with SimHQ. Strawman anyone?

Again, this is what I think is stopping many more people discussing DCS World and any moduls here on SimHQ: "And if someone dares to simply discuss this simulation and or some of its modules you and others just come rushing in every time to teach us just how ignorant we are to have FUN with DCS."

Lurkers who follow these forums but don't comment because their posts
Are irrelevant. Cherio

the rest are those who come here once every 10 years to support
Those other clowns who post here once every 10 years.

And thanks for personal attacking me! What the actual f*** is wrong with you?
Again you are proofing my point! Now it's enough to just not criticise ED ormake fun of them and all what someone will get here is a personal attack and some BS about lurkers who are appearently not worthy for writing in this forum or have an opinion on their own!

In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgäu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4478420 - 06/16/19 10:33 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Dondy]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Winfield,

You need to reign it in and dial the attacks down a couple notches...consider this a warning. You don't have to attack in many of these counter posts...just use facts

Dondy,

Originally Posted by Dondy
And if someone dares to simply discuss this simulation and or some of its modules you and others just come rushing in every time to teach us just how ignorant we are to have FUN with DCS. How dare we ...

This is quite frankly...a crock of crap. I counted the threads on the first page...28 threads below this are folks just talking about using DCS...and not getting attacked. Stuff like "Kiss Landings" and "Landing - Overhead Break" TWO...yes...TWO threads out of 30 on the first page are of the critical nature. But of course...you don't want to participate in the civil discussions. Instead, you come into a thread that's called "Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower" and que up the violins in the background on how you'll be attacked if you post anything positive.

Some people only see what they want to see.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4481468 - 07/04/19 10:18 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Force10]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted by Force10

Oh the irony winkngrin

The saltiness in this forum is absolutely hilarious biggrin

#4481537 - 07/05/19 02:20 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: JG52Krupi]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
Originally Posted by Force10

Oh the irony winkngrin

The saltiness in this forum is absolutely hilarious biggrin

Maybe you prefer EDs own forum then, it has an advantage that you don't even need to think what to post because it all is automatically decided for you. If the post is removed and you will get warned your post wasn't good enough or was something can not be discussed and makes you an inferior stupid being. On the other hand if the post isn't removed it means that it is highly intelligent (like all other posts which are targeted towards other users, not ED), and the post is well suited to forum.

Let me give you two imaginary examples:
"What's going on? This plane has bugs which haven't been resolved in 2 years,, why is it taking so long?"
As you might expect, it's totally outrageous to post something this irrelevant to forums.

The second example could actually be in the same thread:

"ED is working on it. The bugs have been mentioned before in other threads so why are you posting here. It's common knowledge that there are some bugs, only a stupid person like you would post something like this. You don't seem to realise how hard it is to make these simulations, maybe you should try some other simulation which would be better suited for your talents."
And as you might expect this totally relevant reply to that other post is acceptable, and no means insult anybody (well it does it the hard way, but as long that it's not ED it's accetable).

So apparently you don't like these forums, but for some unknown reason you decided to come here and post that. Can you tell me how much you think you get that ego boost, which you think you do get by positioning yourself above others just by posting that kind of thing and convincing yourself that you're more intelligent than other posters here?
Let me tell you something (you may thank me later if you wish, no need tho) - The reason you posted is that inside you have the same feelings, in this case 'saltiness', but you deny that. But as we all can see, it forcefully comes out and makes you type that post which has no meaning at all (to others), so take this opportunity for seeing insight reflection of yourself because obviously you deep inside are, yes you guessed it 'salty' too. Only difference is that you deny it from yourself. Now that was the reason of your post and I can tell you; No it doesn't differentiate you from the "stupid people here" posting nor doesn't make you feel better of yourself even if you wanted. Actually in the long run it makes you feel even more bad about yourself.

#4481656 - 07/05/19 09:05 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Stick to addressing the contents of the posts, and refrain from characterizing the authors.

#4481668 - 07/05/19 10:01 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Thought I would wake up to see more plugs to pages of the devoted from the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.

ED must of run out of member's worth noting and reviews worth showcasing.

Bisher, any word from the ministry when the hawk thread will get a mention?

#4481679 - 07/05/19 10:34 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
pfffff, I am a member of KAOS. When a member of KAOS brings up public enlightenment that member is reminded - 'This is KAOS! We do no public enlightenment!'

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.