Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4476183 - 05/31/19 03:54 PM Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower.....  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Now they're gonna make us pay for modules we already bought once;

"The Ka-50 update will consist of new functions such as Igla air-to-air missiles and missile warning systems with infrared missile jamming systems in addition to a substantial graphics overhaul. While new cockpit functions will be part of a paid upgrade, the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free. In addition to a graphics overall and new features, we will also take this opportunity to clean up any remaining bugs in the Ka-50."

Translation:

The Ka-50 update will give us opportunity to get some more money from you stupid customers. We invented some new features which you never asked for the existing module which gives us the opportunity to start using this new method of getting more money; make people pay for module features, so from now on, we start intentionally leave some features off from modules, then we can make cash with them later. Obviously you rats ass retards are stupid enough to pay for those. Unfortunately we have to give the new graphics free for you cause we already promised those a year or so ago. We will as usual make some new bugs with the new features and let you enjoy your posting in forums bug section next five years again.

Quote from some individual's post:

"As a compromise, we are giving away the all new and greatly improved external model and cockpit for free to all Ka-50 users."

Nice brainwashing
-- as a compromise?! LOOL F OFF

So we are heading towards times where we should be thankful and pay for them if they make some graphics update after they first modify game's engine and make cockpits look #%&*$#. When are they gonna charge for aircraft skins? Time will tell.

Last edited by IceecI; 05/31/19 04:04 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4476187 - 05/31/19 04:21 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,562
LOF_Rugg Offline
Senior Member
LOF_Rugg  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,562
Many people predicted this after you had to pay twice for the Ka-50. Typical garbage from ED.

#4476188 - 05/31/19 04:22 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Well now now they have officially announced their a-holi-ty.

Can't wait for newsletters saying...

Pre-purchase Mi-24p Hind save 20%
Vikhr missile for Hind, 4.99$
ECM pods for Hind, 4.99$

...

Actually now you see the reason why the old modules haven't been updated for a long time. They left wild card in their sleeve. I'm just waiting for rain droplets to be implemented to L-39, but then again, I guess I would be 4.99$ or more poorer if I got them eventually.

Last edited by IceecI; 05/31/19 04:32 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476190 - 05/31/19 04:50 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
Paradaz Offline
Senior Member
Paradaz  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
UK
Originally Posted by IceecI
Now they're gonna make us pay for modules we already bought once[


You mean twice......they've already done this with Blackshark 2 (aka the original upgrade). Its good to see they're taking an upgrade payware 'opportunity' to bother entertaining fixing the existing bugs because it's not like we expected them to be sorted out 5 years ago.

ED are full of sh1t....hows the F18 coming on?



On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4476191 - 05/31/19 04:56 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Yes my bad, some people have already paid it twice yes frown

Haven't flown F-18 for some time, I'm sure it has its share of bugs.

Last edited by IceecI; 05/31/19 04:59 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476194 - 05/31/19 05:14 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,459
malibu43 Offline
Member
malibu43  Offline
Member

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,459
SoCal
Originally Posted by IceecI
...We invented some new features which you never asked for the existing module which gives us the opportunity to start using this new method of getting more money; make people pay for module features ...



If they are new features that you never asked for and don't want, then just don't pay for the upgrade. You're getting the updated cockpit model, updated graphics, and bug fixes for free, which is what (I think) you do want.

So what exactly are you complaining about here?


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
#4476198 - 05/31/19 05:31 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Excuse me? I get bugfixes for free? A new cockpit? I have paid module and I have waited bugfixes for years. Free you say? Really dude? That's the least they should do after braking the cockpit with other "features" they have made.

Because guys like you they get away with this kind of BS. You're obviously not capable of understanding the real meaning of all this. I hope you are capable of understanding the point someday once you're older or something.

Last edited by IceecI; 05/31/19 05:34 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476204 - 05/31/19 06:02 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,547
Force10 Online zombie
I'm just a
Force10  Online Zombie
I'm just a
Senior Member

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,547
CA
The Black Shark "2" (paid upgrade from "1") came out about 8 years ago. It sure seems they are only fixing these bugs now because they are trying to make money on yet another paid upgrade. IMO...I think it should be more of a "We apologize for the persistent bugs over the 8 years since your purchase...here are some free features and upgrades along with bug fixes we should have fixed long ago"

But that's not what's happening here.


Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



#4476210 - 05/31/19 06:38 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Force10]  
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,459
malibu43 Offline
Member
malibu43  Offline
Member

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,459
SoCal
Originally Posted by IceecI
Excuse me? I get bugfixes for free? A new cockpit? I have paid module and I have waited bugfixes for years. Free you say? Really dude? That's the least they should do after braking the cockpit with other "features" they have made.

Because guys like you they get away with this kind of BS. You're obviously not capable of understanding the real meaning of all this. I hope you are capable of understanding the point someday once you're older or something.


Originally Posted by Force10
The Black Shark "2" (paid upgrade from "1") came out about 8 years ago. It sure seems they are only fixing these bugs now because they are trying to make money on yet another paid upgrade. IMO...I think it should be more of a "We apologize for the persistent bugs over the 8 years since your purchase...here are some free features and upgrades along with bug fixes we should have fixed long ago"

But that's not what's happening here.


So you're not upset about what they're offering (again - bug fixes, textures updated, model updates for free), but they way the worded the announcement? Or is it how long its taken?

Because your original post seemed to be upset about some money grab. But the "paid" part of this upgrade is completely optional and seems to be of no interest to you anyway.

Also not sure how me getting "older" has anything to do with it... Actually, I find that as I get older I seem to spend less time getting worked up over video game updates and more time focusing on other more important things...

Last edited by malibu43; 05/31/19 06:40 PM.

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
#4476211 - 05/31/19 06:46 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
So you're not upset about what they're offering (again - bug fixes, textures updated, model updates for free), but they way the worded the announcement? Or is it how long its taken?

Because your original post seemed to be upset about some money grab. But the "paid" part of this upgrade is completely optional and seems to be of no interest to you anyway.

Also not sure how me getting "older" has anything to do with it... Actually, I find that as I get older I seem to spend less time getting worked up over video game updates and more time focusing on other more important things...


I can still read between the lines...

However I have to give it to you; You hid it well. Truly a skill which only can be learned in specific forums...

Last edited by IceecI; 05/31/19 06:47 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476214 - 05/31/19 07:09 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 184
Vaderini Offline
Member
Vaderini  Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 184
@Malibu43: The problem isn't the update, the problem is that they abandoned the module 8 years ago, gave the finger to anyone asking for a completed module. And now, after 8 years, they implement bug fixes and make it seem like they're a charity and we should be grateful for them.

#4476216 - 05/31/19 07:15 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,459
malibu43 Offline
Member
malibu43  Offline
Member

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,459
SoCal
Originally Posted by IceecI
So you're not upset about what they're offering (again - bug fixes, textures updated, model updates for free), but they way the worded the announcement? Or is it how long its taken?

Because your original post seemed to be upset about some money grab. But the "paid" part of this upgrade is completely optional and seems to be of no interest to you anyway.

Also not sure how me getting "older" has anything to do with it... Actually, I find that as I get older I seem to spend less time getting worked up over video game updates and more time focusing on other more important things...


I can still read between the lines...

However I have to give it to you; You hid it well. Truly a skill which only can be learned in specific forums...


I honestly am not sure what you're talking about now.


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
#4476221 - 05/31/19 07:48 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 87
brian_b Offline
Junior Member
brian_b  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 87
Never more dcs.
My motto for over a dozen years.

#4476223 - 05/31/19 07:56 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,726
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,726
Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by IceecI
Excuse me? I get bugfixes for free? A new cockpit? I have paid module and I have waited bugfixes for years. Free you say? Really dude? That's the least they should do after braking the cockpit with other "features" they have made.

Because guys like you they get away with this kind of BS. You're obviously not capable of understanding the real meaning of all this. I hope you are capable of understanding the point someday once you're older or something.


Why the drama? Why attack Malibu? Your pissed off at ED

You start labeling people stupid rat ass retards. Come on man! Pull up your pants

This is a classic example of dumbing down the conversation. Something learned at a specific forum?? hmmmmm…..



#4476230 - 05/31/19 08:56 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: bisher]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
"Why the drama? Why attack Malibu? Your pissed off at ED

You start labeling people stupid rat ass retards. Come on man! Pull up your pants

This is a classic example of dumbing down the conversation. Something learned at a specific forum?? hmmmmm….."

And here we go again..


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476232 - 05/31/19 09:23 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: malibu43]  
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
Paradaz Offline
Senior Member
Paradaz  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
UK
Originally Posted by malibu43


So you're not upset about what they're offering (again - bug fixes, textures updated, model updates for free), but they way the worded the announcement? Or is it how long its taken?

Because your original post seemed to be upset about some money grab. But the "paid" part of this upgrade is completely optional and seems to be of no interest to you anyway.


I'm guessing you don't own/play the module or you'd understand. The fact this module has been long forgotten about when at one stage it was one of the most polished alongside the A10C....only to have features broken and bugs introduced with engine updates and patches for other aircraft (and fundamental issues if trying to play in VR)......then lo and behold ED make out they're doing some bug fixes from the bottom of their hearts and we should feel very lucky.......and all because they're releasing some payware. Basically, they wouldn't bother their arse to fix their own broken software if they couldn't make some money out of it.


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4476236 - 05/31/19 10:15 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Force10]  
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 31
SinCityJet Offline
Junior Member
SinCityJet  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 31
I'm so old, I remember when I pre-purchased Black Shark and the A-10 with the promise of Nevada. Which is why I've not purchased anything related to ED, other than donations to LockOnFiles, since at least June of 2013.

#4476239 - 05/31/19 10:42 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,055
KraziKanuK Online content
Hotshot
KraziKanuK  Online Content
Hotshot

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,055
Ottawa Canada
Do I have this correct? ED is including the updates in a 'pay ware'.


There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4476248 - 06/01/19 12:12 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 463
nadal Offline
Member
nadal  Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 463
whats the fuss about?

From what I understand its basically freeupdate.

unless you want additional KA50 gadget like IR denier with additinal monitor in cockpit.

#4476262 - 06/01/19 06:27 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Nadal, can you tell me why did you use the phrase "free update" and refer it as a good thing.... seems like updates aren't free normally... yea this is how it works.

KraziKanuK - the update for cockpit is free but some dials and other stuff to cockpit probably will cost 20-50$. So You should be grateful for now and praise ED for making update for a cockpit which they made look bad and the problems with it they ignored many years.


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476287 - 06/01/19 03:01 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: nadal]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Originally Posted by nadal
whats the fuss about?

From what I understand its basically freeupdate.

unless you want additional KA50 gadget like IR denier with additinal monitor in cockpit.


which ED know almost everyone will pay for the update anyway. Like all the "throwing money at the screen" fanbois who own every module\terrain\dlc but only actually fly 3 planes.

ED know how to suck people in......like the useless DCS: NS 430 Navigation System.....should have been free considering only about .0024% of people still fly the L-39 and MI-8 as their primary aircraft.

I don't own the NS-430 or fly the L-39 and MI-8.....buying the NS-430 will still not influence me to fly those aircraft.

#4476290 - 06/01/19 03:23 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: nadal]  
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
Paradaz Offline
Senior Member
Paradaz  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
UK
Originally Posted by nadal
whats the fuss about?


The fuss is about ED not fixing this module 5 years ago when everyone was commenting on the problems and ED ignored the paying customers.

Only now when they're releasing payware are they entertaining tackling the bug-fixes and making it sound like it's a quick and easy task we should all congratulate them on and be thankful for.


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4476313 - 06/01/19 06:54 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Paradaz]  
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1
Flagrum Offline
Junior Member
Flagrum  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Paradaz
Originally Posted by nadal
whats the fuss about?


The fuss is about ED not fixing this module 5 years ago when everyone was commenting on the problems and ED ignored the paying customers.

Only now when they're releasing payware are they entertaining tackling the bug-fixes and making it sound like it's a quick and easy task we should all congratulate them on and be thankful for.

What are those 5 year old unfixed bugs? I am only aware of the texture/lighting stuff since a couple of months (since 2.3? 2.1?). Yes, BS seemed to be somewhat neglected, but since 5 years?

#4476364 - 06/02/19 10:45 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 790
leaf_on_the_wind Online sigh
Member
leaf_on_the_wind  Online Sigh
Member

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 790
there are bugs in the re-arming and also the ABRIS is a bit dicky (sometimes sea is land coloured , sometimes not)



Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4476389 - 06/02/19 02:29 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 292
Borsch Offline
Member
Borsch  Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 292
Yeah, offering a complete graphical overhaul to the externals and the internals for free is the new bottom... I fully sympathise to all who have experienced this great loss, my sincere condolences.

People who've paid for Black Shark 1 are free to install it and play right this moment. But the entitlement to lifelong updates, new features like VR is shared here of course. I am sending daily messages to Oleg Meddox and Falcon4 devs to pull their finger out and deliver the goods, darn it. I've paid me monies years back, the games are still available to buy for gullible snowflakes and yet still no VR and NO BUG FIXES! Arrgh, the money grabbing ......
explode

Last edited by Borsch; 06/02/19 02:34 PM.
#4476434 - 06/02/19 11:09 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 184
Vaderini Offline
Member
Vaderini  Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 184
@Borsch: Why bother responding if you can't be bothered reading the posts?

#4476529 - 06/03/19 02:52 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 84
Exorcet Offline
Junior Member
Exorcet  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 84
I don't see what there is to complain about. ED are fixing the issues as people have asked them to. They're also offering an optional update to a module, which is great for expanding DCS. There is no money grab here. Even if you think ED has its problems (and that's fair) it doesn't do well to turn everything into an issue. It just degrades legitimate critiques.

#4476593 - 06/03/19 07:19 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Force10]  
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,078
Flogger23m Offline
Senior Member
Flogger23m  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,078
US
Originally Posted by Force10
The Black Shark "2" (paid upgrade from "1") came out about 8 years ago. It sure seems they are only fixing these bugs now because they are trying to make money on yet another paid upgrade. IMO...I think it should be more of a "We apologize for the persistent bugs over the 8 years since your purchase...here are some free features and upgrades along with bug fixes we should have fixed long ago"

But that's not what's happening here.


Did these bugs exist back then? I assume new ones occur when they upgrade the engine and do other changes to the base game. Probably over the last few years new bugs accumulated for the KA-50 and some other older modules.

For the new features I'm mixed on that. On one hand those were never advertised to be included in the original product. On the other hand why weren't they included originally? Did they KA-50 not have them back in the early 2000s? Did they have to spend a lot of time and money researching and paying fees to make the new weapon systems? If it is something they easily did they should release them for free.

#4476667 - 06/04/19 01:48 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Exorcet]  
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,789
ST0RM Offline
Senior Member
ST0RM  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,789
Altus, Ok
Originally Posted by Exorcet
I don't see what there is to complain about. ED are fixing the issues as people have asked them to. They're also offering an optional update to a module, which is great for expanding DCS. There is no money grab here. Even if you think ED has its problems (and that's fair) it doesn't do well to turn everything into an issue. It just degrades legitimate critiques.


The fuss is about combining the long standing bug fixes with the graphical updates. The bugs have been in place for years and they've been neglected. The only reason they're addressing them now is to make money.

The fanbois think ED does this crap out of the kindness of their heart and believe everything from Wag's mouth. He's a used car salesman that speaks from both sides of his mouth.

#4476728 - 06/04/19 08:17 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: ST0RM]  
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 84
Exorcet Offline
Junior Member
Exorcet  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 84
Originally Posted by ST0RM
Originally Posted by Exorcet
I don't see what there is to complain about. ED are fixing the issues as people have asked them to. They're also offering an optional update to a module, which is great for expanding DCS. There is no money grab here. Even if you think ED has its problems (and that's fair) it doesn't do well to turn everything into an issue. It just degrades legitimate critiques.


The fuss is about combining the long standing bug fixes with the graphical updates. The bugs have been in place for years and they've been neglected. The only reason they're addressing them now is to make money.

The fanbois think ED does this crap out of the kindness of their heart and believe everything from Wag's mouth. He's a used car salesman that speaks from both sides of his mouth.

If you had to pay for the bug fixes I might understand. They're free though.

I think the fixes got consolidated with the update because it would make things simpler for everyone. Create a new cockpit model from scratch (that wold presumably allow for some bug fixes), give it as a free update so there are no issues with different versions between players, and charge for the new functionality as it took work to develop. ED would have planned this a while ago and possibly put some bugs aside until the new models were ready.

#4476730 - 06/04/19 08:48 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
So it's ok for them for not to fix the issues which have bothered users for years? I don't think so, especially when those aren't some rocket science things to fix, autopilot lights for example, which took 10 minutes for me to fix. Truth is they just don't give a #%&*$#. Fanboys just keep seeing things through ED glasses.


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476736 - 06/04/19 09:59 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,562
LOF_Rugg Offline
Senior Member
LOF_Rugg  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,562
For the record, I think ED can go lower than this.

#4476738 - 06/04/19 10:23 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Exorcet]  
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
Paradaz Offline
Senior Member
Paradaz  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,832
UK
Originally Posted by Exorcet
I think the fixes got consolidated with the update because it would make things simpler for everyone. Create a new cockpit model from scratch (that wold presumably allow for some bug fixes), give it as a free update so there are no issues with different versions between players, and charge for the new functionality as it took work to develop. ED would have planned this a while ago and possibly put some bugs aside until the new models were ready.



Errr nope. ED are only entertaining the bug fixes because they couldn't hope to release payware for the KA50 when everyone knows there are major bugs that haven't been touched for years....they simply can't ignore them and try to flog upgrades to that module. And let's be honest....ED don't plan anything, they haven't got a clue which direction they're going in, tackle things on the fly and have never had a coherent roadmap.

Perhaps you can give one good reason why the outstanding bugs haven't been touched in years? 'Making things easier for everyone' is not an answer.....it's certainly not easier for ED as they'd prefer not to fix the bugs at all and save resources. It's not easy for the customer base as a load of people have moved well away from what was one of the most polished modules until the bugs, glitches and control issues started surfacing. Perhaps ED are actually getting people to cover bug fix costs from the people who are prepared to drop yet more funds in a minor graphical update.

The whole thing just stinks....what's the odds on payware functionality or campaigns being released for the F18 before the bugs are removed from that, or before the base functionality is finished! It just sets a precedence.


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4476755 - 06/05/19 03:39 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Paradaz]  
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 31
SinCityJet Offline
Junior Member
SinCityJet  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 31
I'm so old, I remember buying a second DLC license for Flaming Cliffs because ED's early DRM, a second copy of A10 for Steam because ED's DRM, and paying for two different versions of Black Shark because "policy" while waiting more than six years for Nevada while losing Crimea, which amazingly became very topically relevant during this period of time.

#4476777 - 06/05/19 01:31 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Paradaz]  
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,789
ST0RM Offline
Senior Member
ST0RM  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,789
Altus, Ok
Originally Posted by Paradaz
ED are only entertaining the bug fixes because they couldn't hope to release payware for the KA50 when everyone knows there are major bugs that haven't been touched for years.....


@Exorcet ^^^ THIS

Money is the only language they speak. Zero cares about the community and their obligation to their products. Being the only producer of a modern combat sim, they can do as they please.

#4476783 - 06/05/19 02:45 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: ST0RM]  
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 84
Exorcet Offline
Junior Member
Exorcet  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 84
Originally Posted by IceecI
So it's ok for them for not to fix the issues which have bothered users for years? I don't think so, especially when those aren't some rocket science things to fix, autopilot lights for example, which took 10 minutes for me to fix. Truth is they just don't give a #%&*$#. Fanboys just keep seeing things through ED glasses.


The thing is they are fixing them. It's fine to say it took too long, but you can't say that it's not happening when they're actually doing it. It would be nice if these things happened faster, especially for small stuff like lights, but at the same time it's also not clear why it took as long as it did to fix these things.

Originally Posted by Paradaz
Errr nope. ED are only entertaining the bug fixes because they couldn't hope to release payware for the KA50 when everyone knows there are major bugs that haven't been touched for years....they simply can't ignore them and try to flog upgrades to that module. And let's be honest....ED don't plan anything, they haven't got a clue which direction they're going in, tackle things on the fly and have never had a coherent roadmap.

Perhaps you can give one good reason why the outstanding bugs haven't been touched in years? 'Making things easier for everyone' is not an answer.....it's certainly not easier for ED as they'd prefer not to fix the bugs at all and save resources. It's not easy for the customer base as a load of people have moved well away from what was one of the most polished modules until the bugs, glitches and control issues started surfacing. Perhaps ED are actually getting people to cover bug fix costs from the people who are prepared to drop yet more funds in a minor graphical update.

The whole thing just stinks....what's the odds on payware functionality or campaigns being released for the F18 before the bugs are removed from that, or before the base functionality is finished! It just sets a precedence.


Without being able to look into ED's processes internally, you can't know why the bug fixes took as long as they did. However it makes sense for ED to combine the bug fixes with an update when they have both long lived bugs that are due for a fix and an older module with lower graphical quality compared to later offerings.

As for the F-18, it's early access, so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if that was the case. The business model for their modules is to release them piece by piece, and they're completely up front with that. Though if the idea bothers you I'd suggest not buying the content until the module is in a state you accept. Personally I feel like ED is past their first steps with DCS so I've slowed down on buying modules and I'm skipping on some early access purchases. The Yak, despite being a simple aircraft seems to have a few issues with the basic flight model. I'm waiting until it's more mature to buy it. Anyone wanting to push them toward more complete releases can do the same. I'm still undecided on the F-16 so I'm waiting for more information.

Originally Posted by ST0RM
@Exorcet ^^^ THIS

Money is the only language they speak. Zero cares about the community and their obligation to their products. Being the only producer of a modern combat sim, they can do as they please.

Well I don't get it. The bug fixes are free but happen to come about alongside a payed update. That's not an issue for me. I understand frustration at the time it's taken, but this still doesn't feel like it's all about money.

#4476852 - 06/06/19 06:43 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Exorcet]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Originally Posted by Exorcet
Originally Posted by IceecI
So it's ok for them for not to fix the issues which have bothered users for years? I don't think so, especially when those aren't some rocket science things to fix, autopilot lights for example, which took 10 minutes for me to fix. Truth is they just don't give a #%&*$#. Fanboys just keep seeing things through ED glasses.


The thing is they are fixing them. It's fine to say it took too long, but you can't say that it's not happening when they're actually doing it. It would be nice if these things happened faster, especially for small stuff like lights, but at the same time it's also not clear why it took as long as it did to fix these things.


Actually it's quite clear, all their time goes to making new modules, so they can get more of that hmm... what was it called... oh yea $$$money$$$. So they don't bother with the old modules even when they have non-working features, bugs etc. It is intentional and people including me have every right to be angry at them. People who have bought the modules are the ones who keep the company standing, so why is it so hard for people to understand that if no one talks about these issues. It just goes worse and worse when they see that people don't react to their wrongdoings.

Quote
Well I don't get it. The bug fixes are free but happen to come about alongside a payed update.


Nothing "just happens" in business. They're probably holding back other bugfixes so they can make this kind of stunt later on.


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476855 - 06/06/19 07:47 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
When ED put their foot in it....

Originally Posted by NineLine
when we have a firm plan, we will let everyone know.


I could have a field day with just that quote alone....

Source

Or, how many times has this crap been regurgitated over the years?

Originally Posted by NineLine
Also, please keep in mind that this is not a simple, normal update. This is a move to an all new branch which entails many complications.


which to me reads something like "yes, we are aware of outstanding bugs in our modules and maps....brace yourself as after this update you can expect more bugs in our modules and maps"



#4476856 - 06/06/19 07:51 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
*lightning strike**thunder*


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4476861 - 06/06/19 09:12 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
*lightning strike**thunder*


the lightning strike is the update.....all flashy and extravagant.....followed by the rumble and loud noise within the community of ED and consumer's asking each other what damage the lightning caused. Saying to one another "that was close, hope it didn't damage anything"

meanwhile with the next update, the damage is already done. Just like a severe storm and that one lightning strike has left thousands disappointed and without power. it will be days before the repairs are carried out, if not weeks\months\years.

#4477246 - 06/08/19 08:41 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Just wondering how they're gonna make money with L-39 now, cause they didn't think this earlier and released both C & ZA versions at same price. They must be pissed, although there is this Ka-50 thing and DCS: Fw 190 A-8 / DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora, last two sold separately. Their plan worked pretty well, except you usually sell worse plane first then the better biggrin
Maybe L-39s new cockpit will even get correct english translations and if we are very very lucky raindrops on canopy, but we'll see.


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4478012 - 06/13/19 11:47 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 133
LC Offline
Member
LC  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 133
I know many don't like EDs business practices and I understand that. But this seems kind of par for the course in the gaming world lately. Even a great company that I haven't heard many complaints about Battlefront is doing this with their Combat Mission series. Love the games, but I never know which version I can play on my PC if I take any extended break from it as all of their new series of games have new game engines that you have to buy an upgrade for to even play the game, maybe not always, but I know I HAD to buy an upgrade to play Combat Mission Normandy once windows 10 came out.

I miss the days of free patches and fixes instead of the new paid DLCs everywhere.


Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4478040 - 06/14/19 09:20 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Wait for this weekends newsletter.....

Another dodgy campaign based on the Persian Gulf saving oil tankers from mines
In nothing but a mig-15 launched from carriers

I am working on a dodgy campaign of my own based on a "real event"

All I need to complete it is the Yak-52 module to authenticate this campaign and test it for myself before I put forth my proposal to ED and enter full scale production

mind you, I won't be buying the YAK-52 as it a POS and not worthy of DCS stature.

However, keeping inline with dodgy campaigns, it is only fair I release one with a dodgy aircraft. Here is a run down so far.

Chinese national Sum Dum Fook is operating the YAK-52 out of Batumi airfield giving scenic tours along the coast of Georgia
It is a planned 20 minute joyride with a Philippineo passenger (Iz She Ho) but midway through, the aircraft suffers catastrophic structural failure and that is the end of the campaign.

Based on a real event as seen Here

country of origin has been changed and names of pilot and passenger changed out of respect but the end result is the same.

The campaign will have 1 single mission and run for a period of 12 minutes, It will be the best $9.95 invested in a campaign thus far.

To keep with tradition of how voiceover's are the sole selling point for campaigns these days, I have enlisted the help of some adult film actress's to groan and squeal as the aircraft crashes into the water.

Many recordings have been ripped off other sites of females hitting climax as they would in a stunt plane out on a joyride up until and right at the moment of climax the aircraft explodes and the campaign ends.

Like I said, DCS strives for authenticity....as does my effort in building this campaign.

Anyone have any idea of how to set sound recordings to 'G" limits, so when Sum Dum Fook is jerking back on his stick, the passenger in the back can squeal with delight right up until the 12

minute mark when the mission ends. Set 'over 2000' random voice overs so it's not the same girl every time. That's the sort of campaign worth buying.

Thinking about it....I might make it a 2 mission campaign, the 2nd mission will require the UH-1. You will need to fly up and down the coast trying to spot the bodies.

Body locations will be randomized each time the campaign is played.







#4478170 - 06/14/19 10:52 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
quite fitting to the previous post....

Originally Posted by ED
Yak-52: Added new flap failure sounds.


Source

#4478292 - 06/15/19 10:11 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
@Winfield - I'd pay for that, it's less than 10$, have authentic voices and spot on character names. Although I think 12 mins for 10$ is way too much, at least consider selling misson 2 as DLC addon to mission 1 (like 15$ or something like that), maybe then 3rd mission with Christen Eagle, same mission with new voice overs, that I think would ensure proper sales.


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4478315 - 06/16/19 04:05 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 133
LC Offline
Member
LC  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 133
I think the main problem we haven't discussed yet is the fact that nothing is ever fixed anymore. With DCS World or any game. Starting steam on any given day and many of the games I have receive updates. Technology in our CPUs, GPUs, etc always changes. Most of it isn't very compatible which is why you see things get broken after an update of DCS and then that requires an update and the whole thing helps make it seem nothing is finished. I cant think of a single game where I thought it was perfect how it is. Even ARMA 3 has enemies that can headshot you from the other side of a forest because they can see through trees. Easy for us to complain about but the time or technology to fix it may not be feasible.

Is ED out to get as much money from us as possible? HELL YES, they are a business. If your buying my car I'm not going to turn you down if you want to buy the CDs that are sitting on the seat. Do I think it fractures the community to make some things paid and others not? Yes, however, I have heard some good ideas on how to keep things paid add-ons and still including them for people who don't buy them. I still don't see ED as any worse than Electronic Arts. Or any of the games my children play on their phones and tablets that require more paid DLC or whatever you want to call it than anything I have seen from EA, ED, Ubisoft etc. And don't get me started on Fortnite.

I've been a lurker and post very rarely on SimHQ for a long time. It has gone from my favorite place to read about flight sims and other games to one I think twice about posting on for the reason of being called a "fan boy" or whatever. Yes I'm a fan of DCS World and many other imperfect games. Anytime something new about DCS is announced its like a race for someone here to be the first to bash it. That's fine, I understand and agree with some of it. But from what I have seen, most people are pissed about what someone else from another company promised people, took peoples money and failed, and ED took it over to the delight of many people at first.

I guess it confuses me because if I paid a company to build me a table and they took my money and suddenly disappeared but I saw you built tables I would still have to pay for the second table. I love all the opinions on this site. We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do. Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

And for the record, yes they could go waaay lower. Just ask my wallet after my kids found the game Fortnite.


Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4478334 - 06/16/19 09:35 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
@Winfield - I'd pay for that, it's less than 10$, have authentic voices and spot on character names. Although I think 12 mins for 10$ is way too much, at least consider selling misson 2 as DLC addon to mission 1 (like 15$ or something like that), maybe then 3rd mission with Christen Eagle, same mission with new voice overs, that I think would ensure proper sales.


That is a very fair point you have raised Iceecl, I will offer mission one and 2 at the discounted price of $5.95, however the bonus points will have to come into effect to purchase this campaign. I will offer this campaign outside of the standard "bonus points" which the consumer gets to use once every 2 years and only for 5 days out of that 2 year limit. I can see the sales of this campaign being like VEAO when pete carped on with "10's of thousands of hawk sales" so reading your thoughts I feel that making this campaign available 12 months of the years with the bonus points scheme I myself can boast "10's of thousands of campaign sales"

Really....how many people who have purchased modules\campaigns are sitting on bonus points that they can not use? I'd be happy to give away the campaign in return on bonus points that I can only once every 2 years.


Originally Posted by LC
I think the main problem we haven't discussed yet is the fact that nothing is ever fixed anymore. With DCS World or any game. Starting steam on any given day and many of the games I have receive updates. Technology in our CPUs, GPUs, etc always changes. Most of it isn't very compatible which is why you see things get broken after an update of DCS and then that requires an update and the whole thing helps make it seem nothing is finished. I cant think of a single game where I thought it was perfect how it is. Even ARMA 3 has enemies that can headshot you from the other side of a forest because they can see through trees. Easy for us to complain about but the time or technology to fix it may not be feasible.

Is ED out to get as much money from us as possible? HELL YES, they are a business. If your buying my car I'm not going to turn you down if you want to buy the CDs that are sitting on the seat. Do I think it fractures the community to make some things paid and others not? Yes, however, I have heard some good ideas on how to keep things paid add-ons and still including them for people who don't buy them. I still don't see ED as any worse than Electronic Arts. Or any of the games my children play on their phones and tablets that require more paid DLC or whatever you want to call it than anything I have seen from EA, ED, Ubisoft etc. And don't get me started on Fortnite.

I've been a lurker and post very rarely on SimHQ for a long time. It has gone from my favorite place to read about flight sims and other games to one I think twice about posting on for the reason of being called a "fan boy" or whatever. Yes I'm a fan of DCS World and many other imperfect games. Anytime something new about DCS is announced its like a race for someone here to be the first to bash it. That's fine, I understand and agree with some of it. But from what I have seen, most people are pissed about what someone else from another company promised people, took peoples money and failed, and ED took it over to the delight of many people at first.

I guess it confuses me because if I paid a company to build me a table and they took my money and suddenly disappeared but I saw you built tables I would still have to pay for the second table. I love all the opinions on this site. We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do. Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

And for the record, yes they could go waaay lower. Just ask my wallet after my kids found the game Fortnite.



Out of all that crap posted LC, Let me break it down

Originally Posted by LC
I think the main problem we haven't discussed yet is the fact that nothing is ever fixed anymore. With DCS World or any game. Starting steam on any given day and many of the games I have receive updates. Technology in our CPUs, GPUs, etc always changes. Most of it isn't very compatible which is why you see things get broken after an update of DCS and then that requires an update and the whole thing helps make it seem nothing is finished. I cant think of a single game where I thought it was perfect how it is. Even ARMA 3 has enemies that can headshot you from the other side of a forest because they can see through trees. Easy for us to complain about but the time or technology to fix it may not be feasible.


Paradaz has summed up and answered this member's opinion in this paragraph numerous times in many of the threads here over the last 5 years.....

Originally Posted by LC
Is ED out to get as much money from us as possible? HELL YES, they are a business. If your buying my car I'm not going to turn you down if you want to buy the CDs that are sitting on the seat. Do I think it fractures the community to make some things paid and others not? Yes, however, I have heard some good ideas on how to keep things paid add-ons and still including them for people who don't buy them. I still don't see ED as any worse than Electronic Arts. Or any of the games my children play on their phones and tablets that require more paid DLC or whatever you want to call it than anything I have seen from EA, ED, Ubisoft etc. And don't get me started on Fortnite.


last time I looked this was a DCS thread, go figure....no mention of fortnight, EA, kids phone apps and the like......

Originally Posted by LC
I've been a lurker and post very rarely on SimHq for a long time. It has gone from my favorite place to read about flight sims and other games to one I think twice about posting on for the reason of being called a "fan boy" or whatever. Yes I'm a fan of DCS World and many other imperfect games. Anytime something new about DCS is announced its like a race for someone here to be the first to bash it. That's fine, I understand and agree with some of it. But from what I have seen, most people are pissed about what someone else from another company promised people, took peoples money and failed, and ED took it over to the delight of many people at first.


let me suggest those who 'lurk' here can lurk over at mudspike with the rest of the non believer's Those who don't see reason and signed up on mudspike's forums and stayed there....let me suggest as I have before....
choof off and tell 'em all I said Hi"....especially Sobek, Nate, Skate and the rest of the ED cohorts.
Mind you, they still lurk out here in these forums but have the decency to not bother commenting and spreading filth any more these days. Those who feel that same way as the poster above take a leaf out of their book.
I like the way this post starts the paragraph though...a rant and then does an about face inviting someone to 'bash' it... Thank you for the invite, I'd rather just bash the entire post, not just one paragraph within....

Originally Posted by LC
I guess it confuses me because if I paid a company to build me a table and they took my money and suddenly disappeared but I saw you built tables I would still have to pay for the second table.
I love all the opinions on this site. We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do.
Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.


Originally Posted by LC
We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do. Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.


Quite a contradictory paragraph or 2, this is SimHQ, SimeHQ has nothing to do with tables, may I suggest to those who have purchased dodgy household items....take it up with the manufacturer. What do tables etc have to do with DCS?
like I said earlier, to those who post garbage here and contradict themselves, head over to the Mudspike forums and register. Posts like the one above here above are welcome over at those forums.

just to reiterate to those who come here spewing fiction and no fact....

SimHQ is obviously not for you or the "has been's" or perhaps the "never was been's" these days, join NineLine, Skate or some other clown that cares to read the crap that is spewed above here. comments and posts like these ^^ are highly valued over at mudspike.

#4478341 - 06/16/19 10:39 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 208
Dondy Offline
Member
Dondy  Offline
Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 208
Germany
Good post Winfield! You just proofed the point LC is making in suggesting that this place is not for him (and also for me) anymore. It seems there is hardly any traffic on these forums, especially the DCS subforum anymore.
No one has a problem with contructive criticism and also some humorous wink in EDs direction. But what you (and others) are doing is just bashing and making fun of every bit ED is putting out these days. ED just cannot win in your world. And if someone dares to simply discuss this simulation and or some of its modules you and others just come rushing in every time to teach us just how ignorant we are to have FUN with DCS. How dare we ...
Just do me a favour and put the lights out when you leave this (sub-)forum last.


In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4478347 - 06/16/19 11:01 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Hey Dondy....

Last time I checked, SimHQ doesn't receive money for posts and is
Not a click bait website

Less traffic here in the DCS forums is made up by 'traffic' in the many
Sub forums here at SimHQ

Cheers. Thanks for stopping by and adding to the list of
Lurkers who follow these forums but don't comment because their posts
Are irrelevant. Cherio

#4478349 - 06/16/19 11:02 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Seems those who post are at SimHQ are those with something relevant worth posting.
Like my posts....the rest are those who come here once every 10 years to support
Those other clowns who post here once every 10 years.

It's like the old schoolers who still use TeamSpeak and haven't made the switch
To discord. Those who don't like change and are stuck in a rut like ED and their forums


#4478350 - 06/16/19 11:07 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Dondy]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Originally Posted by Dondy
Good post Winfield! You just proofed the point LC is making.....



Well 'proofed' me wrong then......give me something worth replying to

Thus far you haven't and I invite any Lurker to give me something worth responding to

#4478369 - 06/16/19 01:55 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Winfield]  
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,726
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,726
Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by Winfield
give me something worth responding to


No. You go first



#4478394 - 06/16/19 05:24 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 133
LC Offline
Member
LC  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 133
Winfield, Im simply stating I would come here to SimHQ to read about what others have done in the sims I enjoy. How they tackled a situation that frustrated them and how I could become better at the sim or game. I didn't post much because I didn't have answers for others on how to better utilize the complex engine management of the BF-109 in IL-2. Or how to set up the campaign on Falcon 4.0 to suppress the enemy air defenses in the first days of the Korean campaign etc. My lack of posts means nothing. I am not attacking you personally, so I feel no reason for you to be so animated about it. I even said in my post that I respect and understand your opinion. You should do the same for others.

The table analogy is just that. An analogy. Its purpose was to say one business is not responsible for anothers failures. Its my opinion that ED is not responsible for the promises made by another developer for the WWII kickstarter fiasco. I understand you want ED to fail. That's fine, I wish they would change things too but I don't want any sim developer to fail because I do want the option to purchase games. I don't mean to speak for you, but being as you frequent a video game forum I would assume you would also like more options for this genre. If I am totally incorrect in this assumption then I apologize.

May I be so frank as to ask what you want from ED when it comes to DCS World? I think we would have a better understanding of each other if we knew what we liked and disliked about the game. For me, I think a lack of a good single player campaign has set this game back. I would also like them to complete a module before moving on to another. Those are my top two gripes with DCS World. With that said however, I do not know the coding complexities of my complaints. I would think the campaign issue is fixable since other games from earlier decades have done it. I've yet to have a game I was completely 100% happy with. However, I did get a lot of enjoyment out of games like EAW, Janes f-15, Falcon 4.0, IL-2, and now with DCS. Again, non perfect but all (I feel) worth my money that I chose to spend on them. So I am here to have a friendly and civil conversation on what we would like to see done, what we have liked in the game, what we hate in the game etc. I will not argue with you over who is right as opinions cannot be right or wrong.


Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4478404 - 06/16/19 08:15 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 208
Dondy Offline
Member
Dondy  Offline
Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 208
Germany
Seriously Winfield, I don't know what your are talking about ... I never said anything about clickbait and making money with SimHQ. Strawman anyone?

Again, this is what I think is stopping many more people discussing DCS World and any moduls here on SimHQ: "And if someone dares to simply discuss this simulation and or some of its modules you and others just come rushing in every time to teach us just how ignorant we are to have FUN with DCS."


Quote
Lurkers who follow these forums but don't comment because their posts
Are irrelevant. Cherio

...

the rest are those who come here once every 10 years to support
Those other clowns who post here once every 10 years.



And thanks for personal attacking me! What the actual f*** is wrong with you?
Again you are proofing my point! Now it's enough to just not criticise ED ormake fun of them and all what someone will get here is a personal attack and some BS about lurkers who are appearently not worthy for writing in this forum or have an opinion on their own!


In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4478420 - 06/16/19 10:33 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Dondy]  
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,547
Force10 Online zombie
I'm just a
Force10  Online Zombie
I'm just a
Senior Member

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,547
CA
Winfield,

You need to reign it in and dial the attacks down a couple notches...consider this a warning. You don't have to attack in many of these counter posts...just use facts


Dondy,


Originally Posted by Dondy
And if someone dares to simply discuss this simulation and or some of its modules you and others just come rushing in every time to teach us just how ignorant we are to have FUN with DCS. How dare we ...
.


This is quite frankly...a crock of crap. I counted the threads on the first page...28 threads below this are folks just talking about using DCS...and not getting attacked. Stuff like "Kiss Landings" and "Landing - Overhead Break" TWO...yes...TWO threads out of 30 on the first page are of the critical nature. But of course...you don't want to participate in the civil discussions. Instead, you come into a thread that's called "Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower" and que up the violins in the background on how you'll be attacked if you post anything positive.

Some people only see what they want to see.


Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



#4481468 - 07/04/19 10:18 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: Force10]  
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 507
JG52Krupi Offline
Member
JG52Krupi  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 507
180
Originally Posted by Force10

Some people only see what they want to see.


Oh the irony winkngrin

The saltiness in this forum is absolutely hilarious biggrin

#4481537 - 07/05/19 02:20 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: JG52Krupi]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
Originally Posted by Force10

Some people only see what they want to see.


Oh the irony winkngrin

The saltiness in this forum is absolutely hilarious biggrin


Maybe you prefer EDs own forum then, it has an advantage that you don't even need to think what to post because it all is automatically decided for you. If the post is removed and you will get warned your post wasn't good enough or was something can not be discussed and makes you an inferior stupid being. On the other hand if the post isn't removed it means that it is highly intelligent (like all other posts which are targeted towards other users, not ED), and the post is well suited to forum.

Let me give you two imaginary examples:
"What's going on? This plane has bugs which haven't been resolved in 2 years,, why is it taking so long?"
As you might expect, it's totally outrageous to post something this irrelevant to forums.

The second example could actually be in the same thread:

"ED is working on it. The bugs have been mentioned before in other threads so why are you posting here. It's common knowledge that there are some bugs, only a stupid person like you would post something like this. You don't seem to realise how hard it is to make these simulations, maybe you should try some other simulation which would be better suited for your talents."
And as you might expect this totally relevant reply to that other post is acceptable, and no means insult anybody (well it does it the hard way, but as long that it's not ED it's accetable).

So apparently you don't like these forums, but for some unknown reason you decided to come here and post that. Can you tell me how much you think you get that ego boost, which you think you do get by positioning yourself above others just by posting that kind of thing and convincing yourself that you're more intelligent than other posters here?
Let me tell you something (you may thank me later if you wish, no need tho) - The reason you posted is that inside you have the same feelings, in this case 'saltiness', but you deny that. But as we all can see, it forcefully comes out and makes you type that post which has no meaning at all (to others), so take this opportunity for seeing insight reflection of yourself because obviously you deep inside are, yes you guessed it 'salty' too. Only difference is that you deny it from yourself. Now that was the reason of your post and I can tell you; No it doesn't differentiate you from the "stupid people here" posting nor doesn't make you feel better of yourself even if you wanted. Actually in the long run it makes you feel even more bad about yourself.


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4481656 - 07/05/19 09:05 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,860
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,860
Florida
Stick to addressing the contents of the posts, and refrain from characterizing the authors.

#4481668 - 07/05/19 10:01 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Thought I would wake up to see more plugs to pages of the devoted from the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.

ED must of run out of member's worth noting and reviews worth showcasing.

Bisher, any word from the ministry when the hawk thread will get a mention?


#4481679 - 07/05/19 10:34 PM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,726
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,726
Manitoba, Canada
pfffff, I am a member of KAOS. When a member of KAOS brings up public enlightenment that member is reminded - 'This is KAOS! We do no public enlightenment!'



#4481720 - 07/06/19 06:30 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: JG52Krupi]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
Originally Posted by Force10

Some people only see what they want to see.


Oh the irony winkngrin

The saltiness in this forum is absolutely hilarious biggrin


More to the point,this thread is not nearly as salty as this post .....

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
never mind, this is not worth my time.

Back to being a browser and not a poster


pity salt ridden member's do not stay true to their word.

Here are a few more 'salty' examples from that same thread

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
Originally Posted by - Ice
Haha... nice try Krupi. I'm waiting to see what you have to say regarding my response to your posts. I'm hoping the delay is just you formulating your reply and not avoiding it altogether.


I mean seriously what kind of response is that, I don't have anything to formulate I have said my piece.

No need to be so confrontational


or another salt ridden post that holds no merit other than salt

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
I have to say the attitude on these forums in regards to DCS stinks...

I have been banned from the forum a few times from heat of the moment stuff, aggravating? Yes incredibly so however if I am honest a lot of the post I got banned for did go against the rules, of course when people are so passionate about something then of course there will be times things get a bit personal and I do wish they were still a bit more lenient.

The unfortunate side effect of this is that all the banned posters now come over here to vent creating an incredibly toxic atmosphere... so much so that I have pretty much abandoned SimHQ for anything to do with DCS so now only check out the cockpit threads. The angry, sanctimonious dare I say (almost to the point of conspiracy theory, this is going to be al jazeera's latest story ;)), posts I have seen made here do make me think that perhaps the DCS forums are a better place without these people.

End of the day has Sithspawn & Co pissed in my cornflakes, yes a few times, however if I am 100% honest here in retrospects 80% of these times I deserved 24 hour ban to cool down simply because I am guilty of breaking this law... "venting when done in a mature, constructive manner"

Now I am sure some of you guys are going to break that law in your reply to me, however that law doesn't appear to apply here so go ahead... I have said my piece though I doubt anybody will really take much heed of it.

P.S. Before he started his "Witch hunt" as some of you seen to describe it I had spoken with Sithspawn quite a lot and he come off as a nice chap. I wish the mods would send a personal message before they got the ban hammer out, however I imagine that there is a lot of fires going on and a personal approach might not be so easy especially with repeat offenders.


the salt doesn't stop in the DCS forums.....salty posts are in every thread, not just DCS. Tell me i'm wrong?

.some other crap

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
I really wouldn't take the moaning on the forums as a 100% realistic view of the game the AI has being improved the game for me at least.


we know it's salty when the admin moderates the post

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
ADMIN EDIT: Keep the personal attacks out.


that's just a couple of the salty posts outside of the thread


**note**

posted for relevance defining salty posts.









#4486555 - 08/18/19 08:03 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
How good is this weeks newsletter?
win a flight with non other than E.D Lemon

age is restricted to under 18 years of age. Donate the $20 to enter the draw for your chance to win a flight with non other than DCS's test pilot.
anyone over 35 just wouldn't bother wasting their time.

I would enter but i'm too old.

Yet, I love the snippet from Doug "dammit it chappy, i'm doing it my way"

nothing like a bit of iron eagle to get them teeny boppers pumped up....and Sobek for that matter who probably makes the age cut and never saw the movie.

in other words, this will get 'em fired up for the dogfight.




#4486556 - 08/18/19 08:18 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
My favorite part of the letter definately was this: "Not only will there be the correct names and CVN numbers, but we also plan unique textures and deck weathering for each ship!"

I'm so excited, working on correct CVN numbers must have been a lot of work, not to mention weathering to not just one, but each ship!

Last edited by IceecI; 08/18/19 08:19 AM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4486557 - 08/18/19 08:32 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
My favorite part of the letter definately was this: "Not only will there be the correct names and CVN numbers, but we also plan unique textures and deck weathering for each ship!"

I'm so excited, working on correct CVN numbers must have been a lot of work, not to mention weathering to not just one, but each ship!



I can't wait till they update combined arms as human controlled carriers just so I can drop the anchor and imagine it doing this.



I'll just be raising and lowering the anchor in every server I am not banned on for the duration of my time.

If ever combined arms is updated to be as realistic with the ships as they are with aircraft, I will create a campaign where you need to stop the anchor chain from going past red shot in every port on caucus then you move on to Persian Gulf.

Being a part of the ED miles system when my campaign is released, those that would have liked to get Apache600's campaign for 'free', have no fear. They can use their miles points on my campaign, the catch is....every time user's spend their miles points on my campaign, rest assured that I will be more than happy to let Apache600 know what he is missing out on being a part of ED's new miles system.

Iceecl, will you be on board as a campaign tester when ships are updated to be as realistic as the aircraft? happy to donate a key on completion of the campaign testing.

#4486561 - 08/18/19 10:27 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
who could forget "doug, your coming up on SimHQ face....that's where Sobek and Bisher bought it" ah the memories.

#4486563 - 08/18/19 10:48 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 245
Yes, I will be the tester gladly, I'll do the proper tests and ensure that the campaign works correctly, just like ED does.


Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4486565 - 08/18/19 10:57 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen
Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
Yes, I will be the tester gladly, I'll do the proper tests and ensure that the campaign works correctly, just like ED does.


i'll release it as an Alpha with the main bug of not being able to finish the campaign because the anchor won't drop and then whinge and gripe about the 'anchor bug' in the forums and every where else, much like VEAO did with the landing bug.

employing Tango is a top priority to get this campaign off the ground and into the hands of those with hard earned miles points.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Happy Thanksgiving
by No105_Archie. 10/13/19 05:15 PM
Happy Birthday US Navy
by oldgrognard. 10/13/19 04:31 PM
American Civil War photos
by KraziKanuK. 10/12/19 04:18 AM
“Masters of Air”
by PanzerMeyer. 10/11/19 10:51 PM
WW2 still finding bodies
by Alicatt. 10/10/19 04:10 PM
That moment in time....
by Bill_Grant. 10/09/19 01:35 PM
A minister, a priest and a rabbi ....
by Bill_Grant. 10/08/19 04:56 PM
Old folks and old tricks
by Sluggish Controls. 10/08/19 06:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0