Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 51 of 63 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 62 63
#4475472 - 05/25/19 07:55 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF ***** [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Crofty Offline
Crofty  Offline

UK
There are a few aircraft which are not in the game at the moment but were produced in significant numbers to warrant inclusion. These may well have been mentioned in previous replies but by adding them here adds 'weight' to having them included in the game.

Voisin pusher - several kills were scored flying them, including Nungesser's. Not to mention their use as bombers.

Morane 'N' (Bullet) - actually not made in massive numbers but they changed the air war totally in 1915.

Vickers FB5 - used in large numbers through 1915 and into 1916.

Albatross two seaters - used in large numbers by Central forces.

Halberstadt ground attack aircraft - as above.

Cheers

So, we take off in ten minutes, we're in the air for twenty minutes, which means we should be dead by twenty five to ten.
#4475523 - 05/26/19 02:15 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Crofty]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

I enjoy playing around with the skins and usually make some modification to the stock skin for any new squadron or Jasta I join. I also try to make sure that I have some sort of guess for a skin for each of the aces in the unit, whether historical evidence exists for it or not.

I would like to see a capability for adding a designation like Vet or vet instead of ace for skins I could assign temporarily for the vet flyers in the unit for as long as they last. This, instead of having a significant number of planes with only the generic unit marking.

Last edited by jerbear; 05/26/19 02:15 PM.
#4479627 - 06/23/19 06:32 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: jerbear]  
Fenin Offline
Fenin  Offline

USA
Gotta make a first post eventually, might as well put it here. For me, a total overhaul of the recon 'mission' idea would be great. I for one really enjoy the early war scene of reconnoitering/recording where artillery falls but it all feels so empty.

A system using the 'bombsight' view with a camera button that takes a screenshot and applies some graphical tweaks to it to give it the appearance of being a period photo would be neat. Combine that with an in game system that keeps track of how many photos you take (and maybe even records how many enemy units were visible in the photo to give a score towards promotion perhaps?) I'm not a coder, but I've dabbled enough to know that wouldn't be very easy most likely. It is a wishlist tho, so I'll wish. smile

On top of that I'd love to see an addition of a simple pop up radio stack (I know, very immersion breaking) so that you can enter in the radio freq for the artillery doing the firing and help them aim their shelling using morse code or some such.

Of course, to go with that. More recon kites! Especially the Albatros ones.

#4480018 - 06/26/19 06:37 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Fenin]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Good suggestions, and a belated welcome, Fenin!

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4480023 - 06/26/19 08:40 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Crofty Offline
Crofty  Offline

UK
I think what could really do with updating is the 'medal award' system. The awarding of duplicate medals (as opposed to medals 'with bar' as it should be) and medals being missed out all together does diminish the immersion a bit.

I would hope to correct this would be a fairly simple tinkering of already written code, as opposed to the far more difficult and time consuming task of adding all these aircraft we keep mentioning.

Flying wise, WOFF is way out there in terms of realism and immersion, so it's a shame to have any of that diminished at all by a wonky awards system.

So, we take off in ten minutes, we're in the air for twenty minutes, which means we should be dead by twenty five to ten.
#4481796 - 07/06/19 05:30 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
mvp7 Offline
mvp7  Offline

Here are a couple things I'd wish to see in the game (highest to lowest importance):

1. More information on the intelligence and missions map -- It would be great to directly see other squadron airfields and some of the ground units on intelligence and mission maps.

2. Complete military passports(?) for the Aces -- Currently the Aces seem to be missing most of the information on their passports (see attachment). It kind of hurts the immersion even if the information is available in the ace descriptions.

3. More atmospheric loading screens -- The various pieces of WW1 equipment don't really contribute to the atmosphere that much. I would much rather see pictures/drawings/paintings of mess halls, briefing rooms, hangars etc.

4. Random flavor texts in start of day, intelligence and debriefing texts - Just small things that make the squadron feel more organic and lively: For example start of the day text including a mention that Unteroffizier Burr's birthday will be celebrated tonight in town or debriefing mentioning who is going to be offering the beers.

And here are the planes I would most like to see (highest to lowest importance):

1. Handley Page O/100 and O/400 -- In my opinion the largest shortcoming in the (very extensive) list of planes in the game is that Entente lacks a heavy bomber. Even AI-only planes would be fine.

2. Albatros C.I -- This would give Germans a second armed 1915 two-seater with a gun configuration different from that of Aviatik. Albatros C.III would also be great to have but of lower priority since Germans get a lot more two-seaters during 1916.

3. Halberstadt CL.II -- This would give Germans a late war two-seater Fighter/Ground-Attack aircraft which would be important as most of the German planes in game introduced after 1916 are single-seaters.

4. Voisin III -- Built in large numbers it would be very unique and important addition to early war. Vickers F.B.5 would be great too but it somewhat overlaps with F.E.2b being a British pusher of similar crew arrangement.

I'm looking forward to the next expansion whatever is included! Thanks to the devs for making this great simulator!

Attached Files missing.jpg
Last edited by mvp7; 07/06/19 05:30 PM.
#4481809 - 07/06/19 07:23 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
@1 - try Mission Editor - you can see/overview airfields and squadrons located there + ground units positions before every mission.

#4481816 - 07/06/19 08:25 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: JJJ65]  
mvp7 Offline
mvp7  Offline

Thanks JJJ65! That's a nice tool to have.

#4485545 - 08/08/19 06:58 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

This may be too late and too complicated, considering the focus is now, rightly, on WOTR...but I think it would be cool to have enemy aircrews who've been able to land in the player's territory be reported as "captured".

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4485548 - 08/08/19 07:18 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: vonBaur]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Originally Posted by vonBaur
This may be too late and too complicated, considering the focus is now, rightly, on WOTR..

...well, actually it isn't at the moment (they are working on a big update and things for WOFF UE) - but yes, they really should move on to WOTR afterward if they want to grow that franchise.

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4486500 - 08/17/19 04:37 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Making railroads reflective? Some objects are some aren't, which makes my simple mind think it might be a fairly easy thing to add. I remember reading that early aviators used rail lines for navigation because they could be seen from miles away because they reflected the sunlight. The ones in WOFF are pretty much invisible unless you're nearly on top of them.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4486518 - 08/17/19 07:30 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: vonBaur]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Originally Posted by vonBaur
Making railroads reflective? Some objects are some aren't, which makes my simple mind think it might be a fairly easy thing to add. I remember reading that early aviators used rail lines for navigation because they could be seen from miles away because they reflected the sunlight. The ones in WOFF are pretty much invisible unless you're nearly on top of them.

Brilliant!

#4486520 - 08/17/19 08:15 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
+1

#4486575 - 08/18/19 01:10 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

It would be brilliant and I actually tried to do this very thing a number of years ago. The issue is that the railroads are texture tiles, not objects, so making only a portion of the tile reflective is not an option, (or at least not one that I can sort out). The best I could do was to make the tops of the rails pure white with high contrast, and while this did give a minor improvement when you were within half a mile or so of the rail line it did nothing after that. Keep in mind the tops of the rails are only two pixels wide and such detail is completely lost once you are a few thousand yards away. Because of this even if they could be made reflective that quality would be lost in the distance. The old CFS3 sim engine is a bee-otch to work with and it is actually beyond amazing what the devs and modders have been able to accomplish with it over the years.

#4486590 - 08/18/19 04:44 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
...the railroads are texture tiles, not objects...

Which is why I referred to "my simple mind" in my post. Thanx for trying, Lou. And thanx for explaining why, like a lot of things in life, it ain't as simple as it seems.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4486604 - 08/18/19 09:01 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
Support for 2 part HOTAS systems please. I have done EVERYTHING to get the Saitek X56 throttle X-Y axis in game to work and the FAQ as well as input from several people has not fixed this issue for me. The game simply will not let me assign the X-Y axis as throttle which needs to happen because i see nothing in the x56 software to change an axis. Seems like this is a problem for many people on any modern HOTAS that has a seperate stick and throttle. Please come up with a fix to support newer HOTA controls please because at this point i have shelved the game on gone back to Rise of flight until this is rectified.

Its sad because i love this sim, it has some aspects that are much better then ROF and for the money I spent on it, its now unuseable. someone suggested i use throttle on keyboard but that is not acceptable as everything else works fine on my HOTAS and using throttle on keyboard would greatly restrict control and dexterity in dogfights.

Last edited by Witchy Woman; 08/18/19 09:09 PM.
#4487722 - 08/28/19 02:30 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Pwner44 Offline
Pwner44  Offline

I'd love to see some generic/nonhistorical pilots have unique skins. I like playing with squadrons full of generated pilots and gradually defining their personalities as I go along, but I also love to see the wide array of different colors and designs on historical skins far more than the generic squadron scheme that every generated pilot gets. I think it'd be really nice to see some of these pilots, particularly ones with many kills or long service history, have special skins. These could either be skins of actual historical pilots or maybe come from a list of made up ones. The latter might be a lot of work to design, but if the artists are ever sitting around with nothing to texture while the coders are at work, it's a thought.

#4487780 - 08/28/19 10:14 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Pwner44]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Pwner: I'm with you on that. I do a little bit of that for myself as far as the skin is concerned. I tend to fly with units that have a lot of ace pilots so that usually the only non-historical pilots in the formation are me and my wingman. I make a skin for my wingman, remove the generic squadron scheme to another folder for storage, then label my new skin as the generic wingman aircraft. When he bites the dust I use another skin for the new victim. Satisfies that particular itch a little for me, but it would be great to see them improve and grow into a Kannon and maybe let me be his wingman if I'm good.

Jerbear

#4487782 - 08/28/19 11:04 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Wulfe Offline
Wulfe  Offline

I, too, would love to see custom skins for non-historical Wingmen.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a selection box (just like the custom skin selection box before a sortie) for each ahistorical wingman, set to the default skin by, er, default. From there, players could create the skin for their fictional wingman and select it for that pilot in the main campaign screen...

I had some other wishes regarding the ground war (which is already represented, let me say, far better than any other WW1 flight sim I've played). Namely:

1. More activity and noticeable changes before and during a big historical battle:

For example, noticeable big artillery positions appearing near the front, more truck convoys headed for the lines, more general 'ground clutter' before a fight. Another thing that I thought would be amazing to see would be shiny, reflective barbed wire before a big battle - I remember reading in a pilot memoir (possibly McCudden's) that just before a big battle he noticed the shimmer of freshly-laid barbed wire).

During a big battle, it would be great to see larger artillery barrages with larger explosions. Infantry pushes would also be amazing to see - although I imagine this would be very hard to implement realistically.

2. The potential to witness historical moments on the ground during battles.

By this I mean things like the HUGE underground mines being detonated at the start of the Somme offensive, large tank pushes at Cambrai, etc.

3. Historical assignments for historical events.

These may be implemented, I haven't noticed if they are, but it would be great to get 'historical' missions on specific days, depending on your squadron. Naturally, I don't mean day-to-day specific missions, but it would be great to relive, for example, the raid on Rumbeke aerodrome (20 october 1917) if you're assigned to one of the participating squadrons!

I imagine that ground-war stuff is very hard to implement, and I already think the devs have done a brilliant job, but I think that adding a little more to the ground war would make the immersion even greater.

Finally, I think it would be really cool if players could 'request' aircraft after reaching a certain amount of victories. Some historical examples would be Albert Ball retaining his Nieuport 17, and Josef Jacobs preferring to fly a Dr.I. Naturally, you would only be able to 'ask' for aircraft viable to your service (example: a R.F.C pilot couldn't ask for a Sopwith Triplane), but I think it would be a neat touch. I also think the Pfalz D.XII is a must-have addition.

Last edited by Wulfe; 08/29/19 03:31 PM.
#4487837 - 08/29/19 03:51 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Wulfe]  
Pwner44 Offline
Pwner44  Offline

I believe some squadrons have certain historical missions on specific dates, I at least know that Gotha squadrons get orders to bomb London on the historical dates of raids, but more of these would definitely be great for immersion.

Page 51 of 63 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 62 63

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM