Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#4475380 - 05/24/19 07:41 PM DCS: F-16C Viper  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

Last edited by Force10; 10/02/19 04:51 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4475389 - 05/24/19 08:19 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
SinCityJet Offline
SinCityJet  Offline

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ends-up-in-jail-over-buying-usaf-manuals

On May 17, 2019, Eagle Dynamics released a screenshot, seen at the top of this story, of the simulated cockpit the company has designed for the forthcoming F-16 module. In the initial early access release of the software, Eagle Dynamics says the update for DCS will include a fully recreated Block 50 Viper cockpit with "Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology" and "Digitally [sic] TACAN [Tactical Air Navigation System] and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)," according to a company news release from February 2019.

Last edited by SinCityJet; 05/24/19 08:20 PM.
#4475411 - 05/25/19 01:45 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Been in love with Vipers since I first saw one at an airshow as a kid.

Having a blast with BMS 4.34, and a DCS version will be a day 1 buy.

#4475441 - 05/25/19 02:27 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
I didn't think that I would buy any more of ED high fidelity jets. I just don't want to spend the time learning them. I hardly fly my A-10C, but use the F-15 all the time because it isn't so complex. But, #%&*$#! I'm gonna want this. I'll have to bite the bullet and dive into the manual.
Some exciting stuff hapening over there. An F-8 Crusader. Another favorite. And it looks as though that F4U might be out soon. How can I not get that!?
They're gonna force me to spend some money. I hate that!

Last edited by Pooch; 05/25/19 02:27 PM.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4475525 - 05/26/19 02:55 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
I never buy anything from them unless it's in a sale.
That would change however if they had aircraft with relevant campaigns plus a historical map to go with it.
Then I might be disposed to buy things as they come out.

#4475531 - 05/26/19 03:43 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Just about every DCS module I own, I bought on sale. As a matter of fact, I think that EVERY one I bought was a sale item. So I most likely will follow my pattern and wait. But I will get that Viper, eventually.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4475577 - 05/27/19 05:31 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
There are several planes I would like to purchase, I-16, F4U, Migg19 and the Harrier to name a few, but since Ed has never finished the P47, the Me262 from the 1944 WWII kick starter debacle and they let VEAO rip me off for 40$ for the P40 and did nothing about it, I just can't spend any more money with them. The F16 & F14 would be included in that list to buy, but No Thanks, they have lost me as a customer.

S!Blade<><

#4475921 - 05/29/19 01:22 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

They follow the same pattern; Release a module then fix it for some time, then release another wishing that people forget the older one with bugs still remaining with it and then just rinse and repeat. Unfortunately that even seems to work.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4475926 - 05/29/19 01:54 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: IceecI]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by IceecI
They follow the same pattern; Release a module then fix it for some time, then release another wishing that people forget the older one with bugs still remaining with it and then just rinse and repeat. Unfortunately that even seems to work.

Yep, SOP for them.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4475937 - 05/29/19 03:07 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: IceecI]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn

Yeah, I'm drawing my line in the sand on this one.
Way too many unfinished projects and hard broke core issues. That and their nerfed F-16 variant just doesnt appeal to me. Too many compromises. The F-15E either.

#4475961 - 05/29/19 04:28 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
cdelucia Offline
cdelucia  Offline

Pittsburgh, PA
They lost me at ". . .will set the standard for F-16 simulation" and "our 30 years of simulation experience". Seriously? You're going to pick a fight with Falcon BMS without a shred of a campaign engine? And I've been around for the majority of their 30 years and it's been unequivocally . . . disappointing.

#4475989 - 05/29/19 08:57 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: KraziKanuK]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK

Yep, SOP for them.

Which is why I'll wait 'til they finish the F/A 18. (holding breath)

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

#4476014 - 05/29/19 11:48 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: 531 Ghost]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I hope you've got big lungs.......they haven't bothered to finish any of their other modules yet

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4476228 - 05/31/19 08:26 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Paradaz]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
Originally Posted by Paradaz
I hope you've got big lungs.......they haven't bothered to finish any of their other modules yet

Kind'o my point wink

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

#4479415 - 06/22/19 07:53 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
IamFritz Offline
IamFritz  Offline

Does anyone remember the 90s... more flight sim companies and flight sims than you could shake a stick at? And then BOOM They died?

Anyone remember why?

It was because: 1) customers wanting something for nothing and 2) Incessant customer whining about bugs and/or imperfect code.

I wish you guys could understand it: Eagle Dynamics is doing us a YYUUUGE favor by providing us this sim, pay modules and all. Its amazing. Especially for those of us who remember the death of flight sims around 2000ish. No it doesnt have every this or that. The modules are incomplete in completion. Et cetera. But it's #%&*$# amazing for those of us who've ben around for 20+ years. This is the time we've been praying and/or hoping for.

We all need to show more gratitude than grouchiness because these guys could just pull the rug and go into other businesses that both appreciate their service and (probably) pay them better.

Jus' sayin'.

Fritz Gunter
iamfritz@hotmail.com
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
#4479442 - 06/22/19 11:44 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: IamFritz]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted by IamFritz
Does anyone remember the 90s... more flight sim companies and flight sims than you could shake a stick at? And then BOOM They died?

Anyone remember why?

It was because: 1) customers wanting something for nothing and 2) Incessant customer whining about bugs and/or imperfect code.

Yes, I remember why and I completely disagree with what you said above, namely as those being the reasons why flight sims "died".
I say that it was because:

1- The trend changed - Flight sims became less and less popular while other genres such as FPS shooters became increasingly more popular (taking a big/huge chunk of the market).

2- Together with the above, sims became less and less fun. For example I remember that F-15 Strike Eagle III (a F-15E sim) allowed co-op in the same aircraft (pilot and WSO) while the "sucessor" Jane's F-15 didn't. And then the F-15 sucessor - Jane's F/A-18 - didn't have for example SAR radar which all the two order sims had. And this extends to all other features such as campaign and missions. For example hardly no sims released in the late 1990's had compelling dynamic campaigns for instance. As sims progressed campaigns and their missions become less and less interesting and fun! Well you know, the keyword here FUN. Many around here (namely many DCS fans) seem to forget the meaning of that word.

3- Together with the above, sims became more and more complicated and in most cases unnecessarily so. This had the result of keeping "new blood" (new players) away from the genre.

I wish you guys could understand it: Eagle Dynamics is doing us a YYUUUGE favor by providing us this sim, pay modules and all.

Jus' sayin'.

No, they are NOT! They are doing a disservice to the genre by releasing content which is perpetually unfinished. They are ripping of the customers! And since they are among the last in the genre they are not only keeping new potential players away from the genre but also keeping many/most of the players that want and do play sims away from the genre and above all and with the attitude of fan(actics) such as yourself keeping new potential sim developers away from the genre - for example why would someone risk starting a new company to develop new combat flight sims when all there seems to be in terms of potential customers are DCS fan(actics) such as yourself which only see DCS as the only viable combat flight sim?? rolleyes

Resuming:
- It's attitudes like yours that are killing the genre, PERIOD!

#4479443 - 06/22/19 11:49 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

100% disagree with Iamfritz bs_sign troll?
ricnunes- AMEN That. Omg i love f15III btw wacky

#4479451 - 06/22/19 01:20 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: IamFritz]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK

I wish you guys could understand it: Eagle Dynamics is doing us a YYUUUGE favor by providing us this sim, pay modules and all. Its amazing. Especially for those of us who remember the death of flight sims around 2000ish. No it doesnt have every this or that. The modules are incomplete in completion. Et cetera. But it's #%&*$# amazing for those of us who've ben around for 20+ years. This is the time we've been praying and/or hoping for.

We all need to show more gratitude than grouchiness because these guys could just pull the rug and go into other businesses that both appreciate their service and (probably) pay them better.

Jus' sayin'.

Nonsense.

Do you propose that everyone buys ED's unfinished modules, bug-ridden patches and goes wax lyrical because they are apparently doing us a 'HUGE favour'? I've been around for 20+ years and it isn't amazing at all. It's supposed to be a combat simulator.....it's even in the title yet what we actually have is an excellent start-up button push trainer, a good screenshot generator but some very weak combat and a developer that will probably never realise anywhere near the potential that we all hoped for.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4479493 - 06/22/19 04:43 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: IamFritz]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee

I remember the 90s.

Not sure how either of those things effect profitability. Are you talking about piracy? Or dissatisfaction that led to fewer sales?

I wish you guys could understand it: Eagle Dynamics is doing us a YYUUUGE favor by providing us this sim

On one hand your optimism is refreshing. But on the other I see this sort of attitude as what allows ED to do what they do. I think it's naive

No it doesnt have every this or that. The modules are incomplete in completion. Et cetera. But it's #%&*$# amazing for those of us who've ben around for 20+ years. This is the time we've been praying and/or hoping for.

This stance that we should be happy we are getting anything at all is err, not widely held. Again, it enables ED to do what they do. I have analogies in mind, but I'll spare you. Don't care to change your mind, don't think you do either. I've been at this for 20+ years and I can assure you that what ED produces is NOT what I have been praying for. You seem to be saying "Sure, it's incomplete and missing stuff, but have you SEEN it?! OMG it looks so uhmazin'." Because in my view it's missing those elements that make for a great flight sim, the one I've been praying for. DCS isn't it. It could have been. But it's not.

We all need to show more gratitude.

Now you're just having a laugh. You've got the business-customer relationship backwards I think.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4479538 - 06/22/19 09:39 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Paradaz]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
Originally Posted by Paradaz

Nonsense.

Do you propose that everyone buys ED's unfinished modules, bug-ridden patches and goes wax lyrical because they are apparently doing us a 'HUGE favour'? I've been around for 20+ years and it isn't amazing at all. It's supposed to be a combat simulator.....it's even in the title yet what we actually have is an excellent start-up button push trainer, a good screenshot generator but some very weak combat and a developer that will probably never realise anywhere near the potential that we all hoped for.

Bad missile flight dynamics are the biggest issue combat wise, but what else is missing? Not so good AI squadron controls? I would say inability to handle large scale missions but I haven't tried that in a long time and to be honest those don't represent realistic battles anyways.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.