Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
#4474674 - 05/19/19 12:42 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: David Kennard]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Originally Posted by David Kennard
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Does anyone know why the final season only had 6 episodes? I have enjoyed the season but admit that it has felt a bit rushed.

The first 6 seasons of GOT each had 10 episodes. Then season 7 was cut down to 7 and then season 8 down to 6. I'm thinking this was done more for financial reasons and not creative reasons.

I thought it was that they got ahead of the source material, first seasons they had the books to write scripts from but the lasts seasons they were on their own using just a general outline
I think there are still two books of the series to come out.

To be honest I think at this point we need a mix of the show and the books to be sort of good. I am starting to feel like the book is just going no where since he introduced a lot of plot lines that are going nowhere too.

Dance of Dtagons was the worst of the books so far with the fake Targaryen floating down the river

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4474704 - 05/19/19 04:04 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: rwatson]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by rwatson
Wasting time this morning watching a movie Pompeii and saw Kit Harrington..Wouldn't pay him any attention before GOT

Pompeii was a big budget box office disaster.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4474708 - 05/19/19 04:24 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Wouldn't win any Academy Awards but a fair flick to waste time when it's too hot to work in the yard and I liked it hokey as it was

Russ
Semper Fi
#4474786 - 05/20/19 02:24 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Well I was somewhat underwhelmed by season 8.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4474787 - 05/20/19 02:31 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
What a horrible end to a good series

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
#4474788 - 05/20/19 02:38 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Never watched any of it. Thanks.

Gave up after SGU canceled.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4474789 - 05/20/19 02:46 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Eh, it was ok. Redeemed with the very last scene a bit, but otherwise kind of dull. After such slow progress over the years, it’s odd to cram what would’ve been 3 seasons worth of events into one season. They should’ve at least given half again the number of shows this season, while delivering the longer running time. I guess the characters endings were about as fitting as could be after last week.
Whatever. Kind if glad it’s over.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4474790 - 05/20/19 02:50 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

Bleeech! If they had ended the season with the Long Night episode, it would have been a better ending.

#4474793 - 05/20/19 03:57 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: Spidey]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by Spidey
What a horrible end to a good series

The wife is really mad at me and said "I'm going upstairs, you stay down here and do something else" when I laughed and said it was perfect.

Everyone won, or at least broke even.

smile

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4474794 - 05/20/19 04:15 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
So Drogon is taking Danaery’s body where and to do what? Bury it? Dump it in the ocean? A brief comment is made later that Drogon was last seen heading east. And??

And where did that huge unsullied army come from? Didn’t at least half her army die fighting the White Walker army?

And why did Drogon destroy the iron throne? Did it actually know what it was? If yes, that implies human intelligence and emotions.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 05/20/19 04:18 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4474796 - 05/20/19 04:17 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: JimK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by JimK
Never watched any of it. Thanks.

Gave up after SGU canceled.

What does Stargate Atlantis have to do with GOT?

#4474804 - 05/20/19 08:23 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
So Drogon is taking Danaery’s body where and to do what? Bury it? Dump it in the ocean? A brief comment is made later that Drogon was last seen heading east. And??

Dragons hate the cold. He picked her up and flew east where it's warm. It's a long flight and he needed a snack along the way. wink

And why did Drogon destroy the iron throne? Did it actually know what it was? If yes, that implies human intelligence and emotions.

He was pissed that his master was dead and was just venting..the walls all crumbled nicely, but that damned metal thing didn't immediately fall apart, so a little more effort was needed. And very symbolic in a story telling way. It didn't roast Jon because he's a Targarian...so you can suspend disbelief that a flying, fire breathing dragon can perform DNA tests by scent, but not that?

But the theory is that dragons are pretty smart - maybe dolphin smart.

And where did that huge unsullied army come from? Didn’t at least half her army die fighting the White Walker army?

The Unsullied didn't bother me - they held their own and that wasn't that many dudes - maybe 1,500 out of 8,000. I'm more shocked that there were any Dothraki hanging around.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4474805 - 05/20/19 08:48 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: Dart]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Originally Posted by Dart

Dragons hate the cold. He picked her up and flew east where it's warm. It's a long flight and he needed a snack along the way. wink

He was pissed that his master was dead and was just venting..the walls all crumbled nicely, but that damned metal thing didn't immediately fall apart, so a little more effort was needed. And very symbolic in a story telling way. It didn't roast Jon because he's a Targarian...so you can suspend disbelief that a flying, fire breathing dragon can perform DNA tests by scent, but not that?

But the theory is that dragons are pretty smart - maybe dolphin smart.

The Unsullied didn't bother me - they held their own and that wasn't that many dudes - maybe 1,500 out of 8,000. I'm more shocked that there were any Dothraki hanging around.

I'd guess Drogon takes here to Old Valyria. What I don't understand is, why is Bran going after him. What does he expect to do/achieve, once he finds him?!?! Might consider trying to warg into him, but well… Could even speculate that he warged into him to safe Jon and melted the throne, but that's a veeeeery far-fetched shot...
Unsullied, most she ever had was 8000 + trainees. Might have lost ~1000 in here adventures in slavers bay. After the long night Grey Worm reported that about half of them were left, so maybe 3-4000.
The Dothraki must have been a few hundred strong garrison of Dragonstone while the rest marched north. Not that I would seriously consider Dothraki to be the right choice to men the walls of a castle, but well, can't have been the ones that went north, no?!?! Question is where they are going now - Ser Davos should quickly build a new fleet to carry them back to the gras sea, before they get funny ideas...

Last edited by WhoCares; 05/20/19 08:49 AM.
#4474809 - 05/20/19 10:55 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Does anyone find it hilariously absurd that Bronn ended up being the master of coin for Bran?

#4474810 - 05/20/19 11:33 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
A poor end to a poor season for a great series IMO.

Too many gaping holes for me. Send Jon to the NIght's Watch ?. Why; the wall is breached, the night king is dead. Plus it's supposed to be WINTER ( it was snowing in Kin's Landing ) and the wildlings fled south so that they could survive and yet the last scenes show Jon leading them ( with children ) north ??

Where did Bran warg in the long night battle and why ??

Brienne of Tarth was sworn to Sansa so why is she in the south apparently working for Bran.

How did Sam get to be Grand maester when he never even finished half his training at the citadel...........yes he's a good man and did some GREAT deeds but he is untrained.

This could have/ would have been explained in a few more episodes and with better writing. The final meeting of the lords to chose the knig could have been a full episode FFS.

The overall ending for the main characters was fitting but overall there were too many unanswered questions for me.

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4474813 - 05/20/19 11:47 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: No105_Archie]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by No105_Archie
A poor end to a poor season for a great series IMO.

The single greatest flaw of the season is that 6 episodes (even some at 80 minutes) was simply NOT enough to cover everything adequately for all the characters and plot lines. The final season should have been 10 episodes with the series finale being 2 hours.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 05/20/19 11:48 AM.

#4474827 - 05/20/19 01:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Does anyone find it hilariously absurd that Bronn ended up being the master of coin for Bran?

I did. And I thought it hilarious that the first thing on his mind really was to rebuild the brothels. Good thing Brienne was the counter-point voice of logic to that haha.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4474828 - 05/20/19 01:54 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: bones]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by bones

I did. And I thought it hilarious that the first thing on his mind really was to rebuild the brothels. Good thing Brienne was the counter-point voice of logic to that haha.

v6,
boNes

It can be argued though that brothels are a great source of revenue! They pay for themselves rather quickly. wink

#4474829 - 05/20/19 01:55 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4474830 - 05/20/19 01:57 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: bones]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by bones

LOL! You've got to be kidding me. This can't be coincidence. Can it?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.