Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
#4474083 - 05/14/19 06:24 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Good observations WhoCares. You are absolutely right that with both Cersei and Jamie dead there is zero reason for Bronn to kill Tyrion.

He could do it at the Lannister funeral. Then Peter Dinklage can reprise his roles from "Death at a Funeral."

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4474119 - 05/14/19 09:03 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
3 minutes of GOT cast being disappointed in the final season...

[Linked Image]
#4474161 - 05/15/19 05:11 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
3instein Offline
3instein  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland

Pretty much sums up my feelings too for this disaster of a season of GOT.

Everything was going oh so well, then...., what the hell has happened?

So, so disappointed on just about everything in this last season, far too much to write down tbh, but definitely a "sticks out like a sore thumb" decline in well, everything.

Mick.

"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"

Winston Churchill

#4474168 - 05/15/19 09:49 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
I'm an optimist at heart, and though I find issues with E3 I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over it. For an upbeat measure on the recent episode:

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4474174 - 05/15/19 10:33 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Does anyone know why the final season only had 6 episodes? I have enjoyed the season but admit that it has felt a bit rushed.

The first 6 seasons of GOT each had 10 episodes. Then season 7 was cut down to 7 and then season 8 down to 6. I'm thinking this was done more for financial reasons and not creative reasons.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4474175 - 05/15/19 10:43 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Does anyone know why the final season only had 6 episodes? I have enjoyed the season but admit that it has felt a bit rushed.

The first 6 seasons of GOT each had 10 episodes. Then season 7 was cut down to 7 and then season 8 down to 6. I'm thinking this was done more for financial reasons and not creative reasons.

No idea, it's a mystery to me too. There's probably some BS reason, but really, GoT could have easily lasted 9 full seasons. Season 8 for the Night King, season 9 for the Iron Throne. It's not like people would suddenly get GoT fatigue, it seems like a cash cow to me. There's so much to tie up in 6 episodes (albeit longer episodes).

I know not everything will be tied up - as Dr Manhattan says, "nothing ever ends" smile

#4474176 - 05/15/19 11:28 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada

I thinks that's pretty simple ........less money spent ...more money made

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4474326 - 05/16/19 04:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Just had an email from my cable provider to say there will be an extra episode on 27th May (we get the episodes at the same time as the US - but it is in the middle of the night) we are getting a behind the scenes review of season 8.

Nog één laatste aflevering van Game of Thrones en we weten eindelijk hoe de gewelddadige, slopende en verrassende strijd voor de Iron Throne eindigt. GoT-fans krijgen een week later nog een extra aflevering. Een heuse behind the scenes die je absoluut niet wil missen!

One final episode of Game of Thrones and we finally know how the violent, debilitating and surprising battle for the Iron Throne ends. GoT fans get an extra episode a week later. A real behind the scenes that you absolutely don't want to miss!

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4474336 - 05/16/19 05:35 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
and in other news ..................................I read an article about a bunch of young parents who had named their children Daenerys ...or worse ,Khaleesi; and who are now VERY UPSET that she has turned out to be a "bad person" .

The world is truly doomed screwy
:

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4474337 - 05/16/19 05:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
LOL Archie.

Can anyone think of another tv series where a major character was a protagonist for several seasons and then turned out to be the opposite in the last season of the show?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4474346 - 05/16/19 06:38 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway

Season 8 has 6 episodes, with an average run time of 80 minutes, vs 60 minutes for earlier seasons. That equals to 8 episodes at least. So not that shorter than previous seasons.

#4474347 - 05/16/19 06:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Honestly I hated the last episode.
And I hated it not because Danaerys turned "bad" or maniac - this was an interesting "turn of events" to say the least - but because of how the battles around King's Landing folded out in the latest episode.
Let's see:
- A small flotilla of 6 to 7 ships armed with scorpions managed to kill a dragon and forced the remaining dragon to retreat (even after this one tried to press on the attack).
- But then a huge city with a huge number of towers with apparently all of them or at least the majority of them armed with scorpions plus a huge fleet also armed with scorpions and none of this massive "anti-dragon resources" managed a single hit on the remaining dragon! rolleyes banghead
- I also didn't see a single attacker (man) being killed by the defenders despite the battles with very big numbers on the narrow streets of King's Landing. Actually the only attacker (man) that I saw being killed during the battle was one rapping a woman which was then killed by Jon.
- Finally how did Danaerys managed to retain a huge army to attack King's Landing (apparently bigger than the defending army) when the vast majority of her army (combined with the Northern armies) was simply destroyed by the undead on the previous battle??

IMO, by far the worse and "stupidest" battle of this series which is a shame since basically all the other battles were great (even the battle against the undead was IMO a million times better although there were others much better IMO).

Also IMO and with all this, this latest season is becoming a disappointment in what was otherwise an excellent series (probably the best of this century, if we exclude this latest season that is).

#4474349 - 05/16/19 06:50 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
It's very hard to disagree with your post ricnunes. You make a very convincing argument!

#4474355 - 05/16/19 07:07 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
This was well done.

#4474368 - 05/16/19 08:21 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
LOL Archie.

Can anyone think of another tv series where a major character was a protagonist for several seasons and then turned out to be the opposite in the last season of the show?

Not tv, but I still think this is an extreme “Dark Knight” type of thing. She’s making a major statement about tyrants by becoming the worst, to set Jon up to be the best polar opposite.
She’ll either die in her crusade to end tyrants, or go back overseas where she’s loved.
Doesn’t mean it couldn’t have been done differently, or better, but I suspect she’s trying to break a cycle here.
Gotta let a story be told! We’ll find out in a few days.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4474464 - 05/17/19 01:15 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
LOL Archie.

Westworld, season 1. So not really across seasons, but within one season. I never saw it coming either, there are a few "holy crapola" moments in that. I won't post spoilers for it though smile

Last edited by DM; 05/17/19 01:16 PM.

#4474485 - 05/17/19 04:04 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
It's very hard to disagree with your post ricnunes. You make a very convincing argument!

Thanks Panzer.
This is important since and to be honest I was starting to believe that I was seeing "weird things" or that I needed eyeglass prescription, all of this when watching that last episode. biggrin

#4474572 - 05/18/19 01:54 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Wasting time this morning watching a movie Pompeii and saw Kit Harrington..Wouldn't pay him any attention before GOT

Russ
Semper Fi
#4474628 - 05/18/19 11:40 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA

I thought it was that they got ahead of the source material, first seasons they had the books to write scripts from but the lasts seasons they were on their own using just a general outline
I think there are still two books of the series to come out.

Last edited by David Kennard; 05/18/19 11:41 PM.

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

#4474673 - 05/19/19 12:39 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
LOL Archie.

Not tv, but I still think this is an extreme “Dark Knight” type of thing. She’s making a major statement about tyrants by becoming the worst, to set Jon up to be the best polar opposite.
She’ll either die in her crusade to end tyrants, or go back overseas where she’s loved.
Doesn’t mean it couldn’t have been done differently, or better, but I suspect she’s trying to break a cycle here.
Gotta let a story be told! We’ll find out in a few days.

Thats some crazy theory right there. Either writers botched her story arc completely or you are saying they are so good that they put all this thinking behind how to put layers upon layers behind her transformation.

With one episode left, I am going to go with Writers botched her going cray cray and rushed it.

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.