Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4474159 - 05/15/19 04:10 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: GrayGhost]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by GrayGhost
Wags in particular held some sort of clearance given his past work, so he knows how this stuff works. The MIBs can easily pay him a visit and he'd certainly not want such a thing, nor would ED wish to be barred from contracts with certain entities based upon Oleg's adventures - and they may well be asked to prove this.
So you can bet that if they say they weren't involved, you'll have an extremely hard time proving that they were.

Have you ever noticed that you don't have to be proven guilty of a crime to have serious consequences result in terms of business matters. The very fact that he was an ED employee at the time of the alleged activity combined with the fact that the information being sought was directly in line with the work he was doing for ED (avionics simulations) does not bode well for anyone involved or connected with those involved. Just because Wags knew what the rules and consequences were does not reflect well on him or other ED employees. Again, guilt by association may not be valid in a court of law but it can carry a lot of weight in the business world, especially where military, or related, contracts are involved.

In short, this can possibly result in damage to ED's credibility in the industry, especially where it concern their non-commercial contracts. This is especially true since the alleged offenses all occurred during Oleg's (Olgerd is his forum name) employment with ED and his involvement in active projects.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4474163 - 05/15/19 06:38 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Wonder if all of Olgerd's posts have been deleted or sanitised on the ED forums...

mdwa
#4474165 - 05/15/19 08:28 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
ah...just get's better and better.

Mind you, this happened during development of Arma3 in Greece. Difference is, BIS publicly supported their developers who were deemed to be spies.
Imagine if Nine Line was an official ambassador. oh wait up, he is an ambassador.for ED...no support for the former 'endorsed developer'

shame shame shame.

#4474218 - 05/15/19 05:39 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
I think this is probably being blown out of proportion - were / are the manuals in question declassified material? If so, and it seems likely that they were not classified, this seems like much ado about nothing as the documents could just as easily be digitized and read by anyone with an internet connection.

The crux of the issue seems to be that physical copies were exported.

There are lots of stupid laws that exist like this. The US has bans on exporting things like handcuffs and encryption technology as well.

#4474229 - 05/15/19 08:17 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

I don't believe it's being blown out of proportion. The manuals are always classified, at least FOUO if nothing else. The issue seems to be this:

You can purchase these manuals from 'authorized dealers' if you yourself can somehow prove to have the need for them. It appears that this is what Oleg was going for, but that is just speculation.

In any case, the court documents clearly state what is being violated.

--
44th VFW
#4474230 - 05/15/19 08:20 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Winfield]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Not quite the same. In Greece you're not allowed to be taking pictures anywhere near military installations overall. In may or may not be silly, depending on exactly what it is you're doing. I doubt BIS' business depended on this and further, BIS sent those guys to do that job, AFAIK. Oleg probably knew what his was doing, and likely despite being told that ED could not and would not use documents obtained in a manner contrary to what their legal department had set out. Just an assumption on my part.

Originally Posted by Winfield
ah...just get's better and better.

Mind you, this happened during development of Arma3 in Greece. Difference is, BIS publicly supported their developers who were deemed to be spies.
Imagine if Nine Line was an official ambassador. oh wait up, he is an ambassador.for ED...no support for the former 'endorsed developer'

shame shame shame.

--
44th VFW
#4474272 - 05/16/19 05:44 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
The speculation that he was after newer manuals doesn't look too good. Mud sticks.

If ED survives this I wouldn't be betting on seeing more modern US aircraft in DCS!

#4474282 - 05/16/19 11:07 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
The following is from a PM between myself and another member here
Regarding Dave Kinney's agenda with the F-35.....

We weren't far off with our judgement....just had the wrong developer

Most noteworthy is where I mention the flight manuals being hidden in the code
Seems plausible considering the circumstances. He was after F35 and F22 manuals.....

Originally Posted by Winfield
It could be said that David Kinney had high level security access to the F-35 as a consultant. After all he did create advanced training simulators for the military and more specifically the F-35.
If you have that level of clearance, what do you think would pay more

1. the average wage maybe 100-150K per year developing simulations

2. using the resources you have in terms of technical software that develops avionics for the B2 and F-22 and selling it off to the chinese\Russians. Perhaps Kinney should be charged with treason if it is proven he did indeed sell out after his failed kickstarter..

His asking price was $75,000 to develop the F-35 into DCS, that would be about half his yearly wage in the real world. If he succeeded and got his $75K, would he have been able to create and publish the F-35 to make it viable as a 1 man band?

No doubt when the kickstarter failed, Kinney probably sold off the resources....he probably created a simulator that shows how the advanced avionics work on the B2 and F-22 and sold that off as well.

About Kinney

partial resume of Kinney

this point is quite interesting

Which makes me wonder why the Mercer family, also the owners of Breitbart & Cambridge Analytica, allowed their company MadCatz to shill Combat Pilot. Why a group of friends of Kinney's son, heavily involved in Rick Warren's church (close friends to Rick's son who shot himself in the middle of all this) made up the majority of MadCatz employees and contractors for Combat Pilot. Why the SEC delisted MadCatz? Why the same management team that made the Kinney deal all ended up being fired for cause days before the company shut down?

What if Kinney produced the f-35 yet buried in the code was actual flight resources and data from the real aircraft? it would be easy to ship it off to the russians considering ED\TFC is a joint venture between the US and Russia.
on the surface it would look like any other module.

this is hypothetical, but why won't VEAO release the data for ED to finish the hawk? perhaps kinney struck a deal with VEAO and stashed the data in the hawk coding. Anything is possible but when you have a joint venture with USA and Russia with military contracts playing out from the joint venture.
anything is possible.

#4474301 - 05/16/19 02:36 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Oleg most likely took the fall for his boss.

#4474312 - 05/16/19 03:14 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

I doubt that, for the reasons stated. Those manuals are useless to them - they literally have to prove they haven't used material from those manuals for certain things. If you believe the A-10C doesn't have made up systems, for example ... the RWR and CMDS.

--
44th VFW
#4474515 - 05/17/19 07:32 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Winfield]  
SinCityJet Offline
SinCityJet  Offline

Lemme tell you a joke. two guys are sitting at a business district watering hole on a Friday night just before 5pm. One guy gets upset when his friend smirks and says.. "I'm off to find a girl to sleep with.. "
Guy 1: "So, you do this EVERY Friday night.. you leave here at 5pm and vanish, and don't come back until next week. I know you're getting lucky.. but HOW?"
Guy 2: "You see the big office building across the street? Each Friday at 5pm I go stand at the front door and say to every woman coming out... "hey, Babie??? Wanna Screw?"
Guy 1: "You're a pig! Women would HATE that."
Guy 2: "You are correct! 99 out of a hundred women slap me in the face and storm away... but oh, that 100th!"

Even a totally fake F-35 project, promoted often enough and repeated in enough social media outlets, which kept asking "backers" to provide F-35 documentation (I remember a sock-puppet account who claimed to be a F-35 crew chief from Yuma in particular) stirs up enough interest to get thousands interested back in 2013.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/forums/t...oubts/?do=findComment&comment=306478

To refresh your memory about the F-35 Kinney project supported by Eagle Dynamics during this Kickstarter, go back to 2013:
F-35 Kickstarter in 2013 http://www.lockonfiles.com/forums/topic/38960-kickstarting-your-doubts/

You don't have to build the software if your goal is just to get information from your fans. Kinney and his crew may have been simply "useful idiots" recruited by Russian interests.

Last edited by SinCityJet; 05/17/19 09:07 PM.
#4474520 - 05/17/19 09:59 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: SinCityJet]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by SinCityJet
Lemme tell you a joke. two guys are sitting at a business district watering hole on a Friday night just before 5pm. One guy gets upset when his friend smirks and says.. "I'm off to find a girl to sleep with.. "
Guy 1: "So, you do this EVERY Friday night.. you leave here at 5pm and vanish, and don't come back until next week. I know you're getting lucky.. but HOW?"
Guy 2: "You see the big office building across the street? Each Friday at 5pm I go stand at the front door and say to every woman coming out... "hey, Babie??? Wanna Screw?"
Guy 1: "You're a pig! Women would HATE that."
Guy 2: "You are correct! 99 out of a hundred women slap me in the face and storm away... but oh, that 100th!"

Even a totally fake F-35 project, promoted often enough and repeated in enough social media outlets, which kept asking "backers" to provide F-35 documentation (I remember a sock-puppet account who claimed to be a F-35 crew chief from Yuma in particular) stirs up enough interest to get thousands interested back in 2013.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/forums/t...oubts/?do=findComment&comment=306478

To refresh your memory about the F-35 Kinney project supported by Eagle Dynamics during this Kickstarter, go back to 2013:
F-35 Kickstarter in 2013 http://www.lockonfiles.com/forums/topic/38960-kickstarting-your-doubts/

You don't have to build the software if your goal is just to get information from your fans. Kinney and his crew may have been simply "useful idiots" recruited by Russian interests.

In today's newsletter, the boss of ED (see what I did there?) craps on with "pre purchase the Viper" With the Russian in the slammer and the mentioning of ED in mainstream news.
This is a recipe for "take the money and run" especially if Lockheed Martin\P3D & General Dynamics decide to drag eagle dynamics.over the coals.
Meanwhile the boss of ED locks a thread and states that there will future media release over the incident. Seems to me like ED are gearing up for some lawyers and this rushed through pre release is a way to fund the lawsuit.

I am curious if the Russian threads get the same Berlin wall treatment as the English side of the forums.
If it was an American charged with stealing Russian flight manuals there would be uproar in the English forums, because it's a Russian, seems the boss of ED feels the need to put up the blockade.

#4474560 - 05/18/19 12:16 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

What a joke and waste of taxpayers money - monitoring the guy and extraditing him from the other side of the world FOR BUYING STUFF ON EBAY. Do you really think that actual real bad actors would have trouble sourcing these same manuals? The ones that are LEGAL to be bought by e.g. this random old Texan gramps "Sullivan"? Circumventing international shipping - well, so? If you want to buy a US exclusive pair of Jordan trainers from the US branch of Amazon.com, you pay an intermediary to receive the parcel and forward it onwards to yourself...

The world's gone mad, one would've thought this could happen in Kafkaesque Putin's Russia, but no... Mind boggles, really does.

As for intention to buy F-22 stuff - this does sound more serious, but also more of a thought crime. No exchange ever took place.

Last edited by Borsch; 05/18/19 12:17 PM.
#4475737 - 05/28/19 02:52 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Winfield]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
If this causes ED to stop making flight sims what the #%&*$# will we do? WTF guys shut the #%&*$# up already and hope for the best!

#4475753 - 05/28/19 08:46 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Wolfstriked]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked
If this causes ED to stop making flight sims what the #%&*$# will we do? WTF guys shut the #%&*$# up already and hope for the best!

Pffft! There is little to no evidence that E.D. bases any of its business decisions upon what customers say in forum postings. The Tishchenko case is national / international news. The legal and future information access issues are bound to far outweigh anything being said in here.

Carry on, folks!

#4478573 - 06/17/19 11:59 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: SinCityJet]  
SinCityJet Offline
SinCityJet  Offline

#4478845 - 06/19/19 09:55 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
can you post up a quote please as it is blocked here

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact customerservice@standard.net or call 801-625-4200.

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4478862 - 06/19/19 11:56 AM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Alicatt]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Code
SALT LAKE CITY — A change-of-plea and sentencing hearing has been scheduled for a Russian citizen accused of smuggling F-16 technical manuals to his nation and other countries.

Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko, who was extradited from Eastern Europe and held in the Weber County Jail in Ogden pending trial, will appear in U.S. District Court Wednesday before Judge Dale Kimball.

An August jury trial has been canceled and Tishchenko will enter a new plea, according to online court records. He earlier pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiring against the United States, smuggling and violating the Arms Export Control Act.
Cover page of a 1996 F-16 technical manual

Cover page of a 1996 manufacturer's technical manual for the F-16 fighter.
Screenshot Lockheed Martin Corp.

An indictment said Tishchenko, 42, used an intermediary to buy F-16 fighter jet technical manuals that were for sale on eBay and ship them to him in Moscow.

Homeland Security agents said they obtained eBay records and learned that Tishchenko, from January 2012 through September 2015, auctioned F-16 flight manuals to buyers in Cyprus, Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Germany and Taiwan.

Tishchenko, who identified himself on eBay as a developer for the Moscow-based Eagle Dynamics video game company, assured his intermediary there was no legal problem because the manuals were “obsolete.”

He only wanted to get manuals to “understand how stuff works” for implementing various fighters into the company’s Digital Combat Simulation World game, according to the indictment.

The man also inquired about obtaining F-35 and F-22 manuals, the indictment said.

Tishchenko is represented by the Federal Defender’s Office in Salt Lake City.

#4478940 - 06/19/19 06:08 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: Marc]  
SinCityJet Offline
SinCityJet  Offline

First reports I've heard indicate he's pleaded guilty and been sentenced to one year in Federal prison. The local reporter, Mark Shenefelt who had been covering the story (which got picked up and that's why we know about it) did NOT attend the hearing. I know this because he told me so himself within the last hour.

However, he's not yet showing up in the Federal Bureau of Prisons database: [url=https://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/][/url] https://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

Last edited by SinCityJet; 06/19/19 06:19 PM.
#4478986 - 06/19/19 10:13 PM Re: Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko developer for Eagle Dynamics jailed [Re: mdwa]  
Chuck_Owl Offline
Chuck_Owl  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted by mdwa
Is this Chuck Owl?

Roflmao no, sorry to disappoint.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.