Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
#4473226 - 05/06/19 11:06 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Without the books to guide the shows plus condensed 6 episode season is leading to a pretty piss poor Season 8. Everything is so rushed and so poorly set up.

Either way, if I have to guess...

Kings landing is toast
This will be the downfall of Dany
Arya and Hound goes after Mountain...maybe Hound saves Arya but dies...
Jaime is the little brother that kills Cersei...
Tyrion, may actually try to save Dany and pays for it

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4473243 - 05/07/19 03:08 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Jaime kills Cersei.

There is a kind of a pleasant tone and a little icon flashes on the lower right of the screen.

Achievement Unlocked: Killing it Royal style!

Murder both a King and Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4473294 - 05/07/19 04:10 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
I just couldn’t believe the fleet sailed to King’s Landing all fat dumb & happy, right into Euron’s ambush. What was she doing with the dragons the whole time? Flying directly overhead to keep spirits up? Jon is the only other one who can ride a dragon, plus I presume he’d notice certain signs of military activity that Dany might not, so they both should have been out scouting. She knew about the scorpions from when the dragon was hit earlier, and would still have been able to see plenty while staying out of range.

My thought is that she should have occupied Dragonstone and started picking away at Cersei’s forces. The Houses that are on her side can’t have left many troops behind, fly dragons there to burn castles, crops, any industries, etc. Go make Casterly Rock look like Harrenhal. Attack wagon trains and ships bringing supplies. STEAL ships bringing supplies.

I’m a little surprised Missandei didn’t jump as a big F YOU to Cersei, instead of letting The Mountain behead her.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4473295 - 05/07/19 04:19 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: NH2112]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by NH2112
I’m a little surprised Missandei didn’t jump as a big F YOU to Cersei, instead of letting The Mountain behead her.

.... and grab Cersei on her way down

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

#4473299 - 05/07/19 04:30 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I've given up trying to make sense of the stupid military tactics on this show. I'll just go with the flow and leave my brain at the front door when I watch the final 2 episodes.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4473308 - 05/07/19 06:54 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
I think that the major difference in this last while has been that the TV show passed the books quite a while back and now the producers are doing the writing and not GRRM.

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4473318 - 05/07/19 08:17 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: NH2112]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
I just couldn’t believe the fleet sailed to King’s Landing all fat dumb & happy, right into Euron’s ambush. What was she doing with the dragons the whole time? Flying directly overhead to keep spirits up? Jon is the only other one who can ride a dragon, plus I presume he’d notice certain signs of military activity that Dany might not, so they both should have been out scouting. She knew about the scorpions from when the dragon was hit earlier, and would still have been able to see plenty while staying out of range.

My thought is that she should have occupied Dragonstone and started picking away at Cersei’s forces. The Houses that are on her side can’t have left many troops behind, fly dragons there to burn castles, crops, any industries, etc. Go make Casterly Rock look like Harrenhal. Attack wagon trains and ships bringing supplies. STEAL ships bringing supplies.

Yeah, the 2 dragons aloft yet they don't see all the ships coming right for them. And you're right, they already got butchered the last time in, why were they so care free coming into the same port this time.

#4473342 - 05/08/19 12:03 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Here's a spoiler: it was a Craft Services cup, not Starbucks. duh

hahaha hahaha

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4473346 - 05/08/19 12:54 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I've given up trying to make sense of the stupid military tactics on this show. I'll just go with the flow and leave my brain at the front door when I watch the final 2 episodes.

The long night battle sequence makes sense as they weren't fighting against a normal medieval army. The Dothraki
had to bait the wights into fighting as they were just standing there waiting. It was only when they were close to defeat when the night king came out and that was their only chance to win the war.

#4473487 - 05/09/19 10:05 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: DaBBQ]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog
+1 Don'tGiveAShit

History is full of boneheaded military moves, from the best of generals.
I'm not going to hang up about this.

I get a huge laugh out of the wannabe-armchair "generals" who whine about the tactics.

Exactly correct amount of soliders survived to carry the plot forward. Not one more or less.
It's not like they randomly roleplayed out the battle and wrote the script after that. :P

While true that folks shouldn't get too bent out of shape over tactics in a fantasy world, it was still pretty frustrating that apparently no medieval battle tactics expert was consulted on this :/
Cavalry charge as a first move into an unseen enemy of unknown numbers and makeup? Bleah smile I think it was done for the (admittedly cool) visual mechanic of flaming swords being extinguished.

Artillery at the front? Artillery at the back. You want to use it for as long as possible. Probably best not to send your cavalry in frst to lower their use even more :/

All the infantry in front of the trench? With the "plan" to all move across the tiny bridge when the moment seemed right? How were they expecting to do that while under zombie rage attack? :/

Everyone stares at each other when the trench is eventually lit. Why archers not frantically picking off as many as possible from the walls? :/

The great plan of having Bran in the Godswood, the most obvious trap in the world that a 8000 year old death warlock has never seen before. :/

Night King's main power is to raise the dead. Lets put our most vulnerable people in the crypt :/

Armchair general stuff for sure, but really, a day with Total War would have made a better plan.

Originally Posted by DaBBQ
The long night battle sequence makes sense as they weren't fighting against a normal medieval army. The Dothraki
had to bait the wights into fighting as they were just standing there waiting. It was only when they were close to defeat when the night king came out and that was their only chance to win the war.

Yeah I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over it all. I'll just roll my eyes and roll with the story. After all what choice is there biggrin

Last edited by DM; 05/09/19 10:07 AM.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4473492 - 05/09/19 10:31 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Agree 100% with your analysis DM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4473498 - 05/09/19 11:22 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

My vision of Clegane Bowl:
The Mountain will be revealed to be a wight (Benjen Stark like) - might happen in a fight with Grey Worm dealing supposed to be deadly blows that the Mountain shrugs off (and ultimately kills the attacker). Hound to win the day, but how? Well why, kill it with fire , of course! It's the foundation of their whole story - the Hound overcoming his fear for fire to defeat his tormentor.
explode

#4473513 - 05/09/19 02:45 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: NH2112]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA

Except it wasn't King's Landing, it was Dragonstone, quite a ways away, and Dany had zero fear of ships - she didn't think they would improve and mount the Scorpions on ships. And yeah, she just circled low looking at the pretty ships, because reasons.

Bonus for Euron firing in volley against an aerial target, and then using them for ship-to-ship fighting. We'll leave off the ultimate Greek Fire, Wildfire, and it's absence in common warfare, especially on ships, for another time.

As to recon, well, this is an alien concept in GoT. The only times scouting parties have been used was when they showed the Night's Watch going beyond The Wall, running patrols. Even during the War of the Five Kings they didn't send scouts out to find the enemy, worrying about releasing a prisoner to send a message because he could tell the number of men they had and where they were. These are people who have the best light horse unit in the world but can't dedicate a few to keep tabs on a slow moving hoard of undead, preferring to wait around and then go into a flurry of activity when they arrive in their own due time, with most of the troops just out there freezing and waiting. Thankfully the undead had the courtesy to hold up until the defenders were ready before beginning their assault.

This is right up there with totally ignoring defense in depth, cleared zones of fire, and obstacles in Walking Dead. They're blind spots necessary for plot points.

But it all hacks up real good, so no complaints on my end. If I can suspend disbelief for wizards, dragons, IFR capable supersonic and/or teleporting ravens, zombies, flat roofed arctic buildings, climate unique to one continent on the same latitude as another, magic steel, etc., I can just roll with the dumb actions of the normal characters.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4473515 - 05/09/19 02:56 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: Dart]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Dart

If I can suspend disbelief for wizards, dragons, IFR capable supersonic and/or teleporting ravens, zombies, flat roofed arctic buildings, climate unique to one continent on the same latitude as another, magic steel, etc., I can just roll with the dumb actions of the normal characters.

Very well said! I think if we just come to terms with this simple fact we will save ourselves a lot of stress and frustration. smile

#4473516 - 05/09/19 03:03 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
While not wanting to go too much into tactics that should have been used, all Dany had to do was circle around the ships and get behind them. All of the arrows were pointed forward! She could have burned every ship before they could have turned around.
I'm pretty convinced, now, that Jamie is going to kill Cierci....and then himself. I see him as more of a tragic character, now, then an evil one. While Cierci revels in the mayhem and death that she causes, Jamie seems to hate himself, a bit, over it. He leaves, unwillingly, saying, "I'm hateful!" He is caught in his sisters clutches, and the only way to free himself is for them both to die.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4473519 - 05/09/19 03:30 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Agree 100% with your post Pooch.

#4473877 - 05/13/19 01:47 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
The barbs on the scorpion arrow heads are facing the wrong way.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4473880 - 05/13/19 02:22 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
The barbs on the scorpion arrows are pointing the wrong way to actually be barbs.

Phil

#4473886 - 05/13/19 03:47 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
My wife and I both thought tonight was the last episode. We about exploded thinking they left the show ending like that. Fully expected the internet to crash.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4473887 - 05/13/19 03:55 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Interesting to see that Danaerys has gone down the Dune “jihad” route.

There will be consequences for sure in the final episode.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.