Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted by JimK
Originally Posted by Meatsheild
i've not seen a single episode .... dont intend to start with the last season :P

Same. Don`t have HBO, we get Showtime.

You don't have to, just wait for the season to be over and subscribe to the HBO streaming app. Watch over a month and cancel. That's what we'll likely do. Get to watch season 2 of West World at the same time. Easily worth a few bucks for one month. Doing the same for CBS and the Star Trek show.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4464327 - 03/06/19 11:14 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: letterboy1]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by letterboy1
By the way, I know I might be in for a disappointment if Arya dies because it won't be the first time I got mad in GoT . . . #Red Wedding

The Red Wedding was upsetting to me but it still wasn’t on the same level as Shireen and what her own father did to her. I’m glad Stannis got the sharp end of Brienne’s sword!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4464335 - 03/07/19 12:14 AM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Ssnake
My prediction: Arya kills Cersei in the shape of her brother.

I like that!! I could see it happening. A long delayed revenge for the death of her father.

Not only that.
There's also the prophecy that "her brother will kill her" which she always seems to have projected on Tyrion.

So far all the prophecies in the series have become true, but of course they might change that just this time, or Tyrion might succeed (albeit, probably, indirectly), or yes, it could be Jamie himself. But then much of Arya's story arc of becoming a magically enhanced assassin wouldn't make as much sense. So, strictly from a storytelling perspective this appears to be the most attractive option, at least to me. Jamie would be the best option to bypass palace security, so it's a rather obvious choice for any shape-shifting assassin. Even though he seems to have developed second thoughts about his terrible sister, and there is the pretext of him having already killed another ruler before her for the sake of King's Landing's citizenry, I don't see his reason overcoming the rather obvious emotional hurdles. But then again, this is Cersei. We have no idea how many more mistakes she might be making in the remaining episodes but so far her ability to make mistakes appeared without bounds.

Last edited by Ssnake; 03/07/19 12:15 AM.
#4464576 - 03/08/19 07:16 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't mind Sansa killing Cersei due to her having to put up with her #%&*$# son--though his death was fitting as was, but as much as we'd like to see her die, I'd almost rather see her rot with the white walkers for all of eternity than be given the dignity of a proper death. Besides, it is hard to top Tywin dying on the loo. I liked him, too. In a weird way. Cersei is the devil. Might as well let her dance with the demons, except she's not dancing, but being danced around. Perhaps made into a white walker and kept as a circus freak made to to do tricks at carnivals, always knowing of the throne she had lost, but forever unable to communicate her thoughts and ideas, nor her true identity to the rest of the world, too.

The icing on the cake would be she bore one last child, and that child came across her some day and spat on her, treating her like gutter trash.

She doesn't deserve a clean death, not after what she's done, even if she endured hell for some of her mistakes already.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 03/08/19 07:17 PM.
#4464578 - 03/08/19 07:27 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I liked him, too. In a weird way. .

Same here. It's just that Charles Dance is such a charismatic actor that you can't help but like him regardless of whether he's a good guy or bad guy.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4464580 - 03/08/19 07:42 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Maybe Arya could become Cersei, and have a throne fashioned from Cersei's bones...

That would be cool.

#4464596 - 03/08/19 09:07 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I liked him, too. In a weird way. .

Same here. It's just that Charles Dance is such a charismatic actor that you can't help but like him regardless of whether he's a good guy or bad guy.

I wouldn’t say Tywin was good or bad, he simply did whatever he thought was in House Lannister’s best interests regardless of the consequences for others. He was more amoral than immoral.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4464784 - 03/10/19 12:13 AM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Will be interesting to see what comes of the zombie dragon vs living dragons encounter. I guess this will finally become A Song of Ice and Fire wink

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#4464786 - 03/10/19 12:31 AM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
GoT has hijacked HBO Signature in Asia.
Never enjoyed the series, they are now trying real hard to bore me to death. GoT is always on, any time of day and night.
We also have Behind the Scenes ZZZZZzzzzz....

Mind you, probably nothing to do with GoT in particular. I have the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to TV.
TV Series spanning over multiple seasons, no way, with the exception of BOBs and very early BBT.

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4472562 - 05/01/19 01:38 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: WangoTango]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by WangoTango
Originally Posted by Meatsheild
i've not seen a single episode .... dont intend to start with the last season :P

I watched the first episode. When I realized the guy was doggy styling his sister, I knew it was not a show for me.

Is that the pic I keep seeing of this blond chick being tapped from behind by some monster looking dude? Cute girl, can't tell from her expression if he's really big or playing the back nine. Maybe both. biggrin

I don't know anything about this show except I know it's really popular (obvious by the other thread). A couple of Sundays or so ago my wife and I enjoyed a fancy-dancy dinner (courtesy of her company, $150.00/ticket) among at least 200 people to celebrate a fully re-modeled Victorian-styled bed and breakfast about 30 min. north of us (the renovation was covered on some Bravo TV show)...
https://stfrancisvilleinn.com/

Incidently it's where we spent our honeymoon in '88 (too broke to travel), place now has even greater charm. Anyway, on more than one occasion I overheard people talking about this show and one couple sitting at our table left early (skipping an excellent dessert) because they didn't have DVR and wanted to watch it. Crazy if you ask me, skipping a free gourmet dessert to watch TV? No freaking way. biggrin

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4472564 - 05/01/19 01:43 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: MarkG]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by MarkG

Crazy if you ask me, skipping a free gourmet dessert to watch TV? No freaking way. biggrin

Did you watch the Lord of the Rings movies? If you did and you enjoyed them, I highly recommend GOT. At least give the first season a shot to see if you like it.

#4472569 - 05/01/19 02:00 PM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by MarkG

Crazy if you ask me, skipping a free gourmet dessert to watch TV? No freaking way. biggrin

Did you watch the Lord of the Rings movies? If you did and you enjoyed them, I highly recommend GOT. At least give the first season a shot to see if you like it.

No, but it's on my to-do list. smile Love the song (don't know if it's related)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmc1bjLKVyQ

Lyrics...

All hail to the Lords of the Ring
To the magic and mystery they bring
To the music in their story

To the lands of ancient glory

In the year of the Lords
The message came from above
The heavens opened with their mighty sound
that shook the people in the town

And so we came from everywhere
The young and old the rich and poor
To hear the legend of the magic ring
and of the powers it could bring, they sing

To the music in their story
To the magic and mystery it brings
May we someday wear its glory

And now the message is clear
For I became a Lord this year
And though the legend was pure fantasy
We still need the hope it brings, so let's sing

To believe is a wonderous thing
May we always sing their glory

To the promise of their story

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4472634 - 05/02/19 12:17 AM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Man...I like Arya. She's definitely my favorate character. Both in the books and in the show. Definitely glad she was the one that delivered the killing blow.

That being said...that was a horrible horrible episode. Where is there any thought put into any battle strategy etc., Battle of Blackwater for example, you get why they won. Here it was pretty much....welp we are Fked...but here co es Arya to save the day. I feel like its lazy writing.

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
#4472671 - 05/02/19 10:43 AM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: Spidey]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Spidey

That being said...that was a horrible horrible episode. Where is there any thought put into any battle strategy etc., Battle of Blackwater for example, you get why they won. Here it was pretty much....welp we are Fked...but here co es Arya to save the day. I feel like its lazy writing.

I've mentioned before the bone-headed cavalry charge by the Dothraki but one mega-fan at work tried to explain to me that the Dothraki had never, ever experienced losing a battle before so therefore they were too blinded by their over-confidence to see how utterly deadly and different the white walker army was from anything else they had encountered before.

Ok,I can buy that to some extent but shouldn't have Sir Jorah known better??

#4472677 - 05/02/19 11:53 AM Re: Game of Thrones fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
I am pretty sure Dothraki has been crushed before. This final Dothraki army is not even the initial Dothraki Dany had.

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.