Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
#4472424 - 04/30/19 02:25 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Good post bones. I am quite certain that we will learn much more about Bran and his ultimate destiny in the remaining 3 episodes.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4472427 - 04/30/19 02:35 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
"there was alot of empathy there."
I think that everyone was in a nearly panic state. There were too many of them and it was all you could do to watch your own ass let alone watch someone elses.

"...out of nowhere here come Arya Stark."
Yeah, honestly, that was lazy writing. I would rather have seen her slowly working her way towards him. The suspense of wether or not she would make it. The last time we see her before that, it doesn't seem as though she was anywhere near there. But, what the hell.

"The Hound---I have a feeling that really was keeping him from fighting back was that there was so much fire involved."
I thought that was exactly the reason. He certainly wasn't somone to avoid a fight.

"What about the dragon that was overrun by zombies? I wasn't clear on that"
Wasn't he the one that joins her when the batle is over. He lands next to her and protectively wraps a wing around her. Or was that the wounded one that Jon was on? I thought Jon's dragon crash landed and died. Maybe I'm not clear on that, either.

"he and the Night King are somehow one and the same,"
There is a possiblity that this is the case. That he wanted to kill Brann so that he would never become the Knight King. There are a lot of hints to that effect during previous episodes. In one episode, they show the man who became the Knight King with his arms stretched out in a Christ on the Cross type of pose. Brann sees this, and when he goes back into his own body, the camera pans out and he is in the same pose.

I didn't think the battle would end there. There are still a couple of more episodes. Will they attack Cierci for betraying them? Do they even have a large enough army left to fight with? We shall see!

Last edited by Pooch; 04/30/19 03:36 PM.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4472430 - 04/30/19 02:50 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Ooops! I didn't put a spoiler alert on that. How do you hide it? Never did that?

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."

#4472432 - 04/30/19 02:58 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: Chucky]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted by Chucky
That was a pretty good summation Bones.

Haha, albeit incoherent...! Thanks!

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4472433 - 04/30/19 03:02 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: Pooch]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted by Pooch
Ooops! I didn't put a spoiler alert on that. How do you hide it? Never did that?

Go back and edit it, then surround the text you want to hide with [spoiler][/spoiler]

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4472440 - 04/30/19 03:37 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Got it, thanks. What was incoherent? I understood it. Maybe that's not a good thing!

#4472549 - 05/01/19 10:39 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
It's ok guys. I put a disclosure about spoilers in the title of my thread. smile

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4472563 - 05/01/19 01:42 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: bones]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by bones

Did Tormund survive? I hope so.

What about the dragon that was overrun by zombies?

My random, rambling thoughts....

v6,
boNes

Tormund made it through the night

The dragon shook of the zombies mid-air and then landed at end with Daenerys

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

#4472687 - 05/02/19 12:48 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
I'm thinking more and more how Ayria got to the Night King....and I wonder...is it possible for her to have taken on the form of one of his generals? Can she take the face of an undead?

v6,
boNes

#4472691 - 05/02/19 01:03 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: bones]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'm thinking more and more how Ayria got to the Night King....and I wonder...is it possible for her to have taken on the form of one of his generals? Can she take the face of an undead?

v6,
boNes

I doubt that happened. The white walkers were right behind the Night King the entire time once they entered Winterfell. I don't see how Arya could have killed one of them and taken their face without being noticed.

#4472694 - 05/02/19 01:22 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: bones]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

v6,
boNes

I wondered so as well, especially with the one of them turning his head just before her attack. But then again, them white walkers tend to break into shards when killed - would need a lot of superglue to put a face back together screwy
Regarding the Dothraki charge instead of flanking and harassing against vastly superior numbers - indeed a strange way to apply a light (and ranged - haven't seen any of that) cavalry - but I would put the blame on the general coming up with such a cunning plan. Must have been the same guy that taught Theon about attacking with a spear - he did a great job in the defense, stabbing them at range etc. But as soon as he goes on attack, charge into enemy melee range - didn't work out very well… Maybe Bran should have warged into him? Or maybe he did - he never was a great fighter banghead
Regarding the story and plans of the Night King, I hope in the books we will get an hour or five of Bran reciting at the fireplace.

The dominating scheme from season 1 still holds, old people must die - I have grave fears for Ser Davos to see the end of it...

#4472695 - 05/02/19 01:32 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: WhoCares]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by WhoCares
I have grave fears for Ser Davos to see the end of it...

He has Melisandra's necklace now so he won't be old anymore. wink

#4472703 - 05/02/19 02:07 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

v6,
boNes

I doubt that happened. The white walkers were right behind the Night King the entire time once they entered Winterfell. I don't see how Arya could have killed one of them and taken their face without being noticed.

I think she left for the tree, and hid there before the white walkers arrived.

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#4472704 - 05/02/19 02:14 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
axman Offline
axman  Offline

NYC

#4472705 - 05/02/19 02:14 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
The White Walkers shatter when killed so there would be no face to use, pretty sure she just sneaked through the lines.
You can see that all the dead are doing nothing at this time, they just let Theon run through them to get to the Night King just before.

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

#4472725 - 05/02/19 04:19 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: axman]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Originally Posted by axman

what I didn't get is why yell on your way to stab him and give away your sneak attack?

#4472727 - 05/02/19 04:30 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: Top Gun]  
axman Offline
axman  Offline

NYC
Originally Posted by Top Gun
Originally Posted by axman

what I didn't get is why yell on your way to stab him and give away your sneak attack?

I think she was trying to distract the Night King from Bran, as he had just raised his sword to stab him.

#4472788 - 05/03/19 06:39 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Whoever created the battle strategy for Winterfell has never played Total War or Stronghold ...

- Whose first move is to send their cavalry into massed infantry in a head on charge before they've even started using ranged weapons and then engaged with infantry?
- Who puts their catapults out in front of their infantry?
- Who builds castle walls full of handholds and footholds for the enemy?
- Who allows the enemy to scale their walls without covering them in boiling oil or at least parking a fire breathing dragon there to scorch them off?
- Whose moat (in this case of fire) can by crossed by a couple of infantry laying across it?
- Who protects a High Value Capture Point (Bran in Godswood) in close quarters combat with only a few archers?

And don't get me started on the whole 'who the hell lands their dragon on the ground during a battle' question.

Heiny

[Linked Image]
#4472804 - 05/03/19 10:34 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: HeinKill]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by HeinKill
Whoever created the battle strategy for Winterfell has never played Total War or Stronghold ...

- Whose first move is to send their cavalry into massed infantry in a head on charge before they've even started using ranged weapons and then engaged with infantry?
- Who allows the enemy to scale their walls without covering them in boiling oil or at least parking a fire breathing dragon there to scorch them off?
- Whose moat (in this case of fire) can by crossed by a couple of infantry laying across it?
- Who protects a High Value Capture Point (Bran in Godswood) in close quarters combat with only a few archers?

And don't get me started on the whole 'who the hell lands their dragon on the ground during a battle' question.

Heiny

Excellent points.

Ultimately there's only one thing that really can be said about this issue:

Dramatic effect was a much higher priority than military tactics realism when it came to writing and planning out the battle for the episode.

#4472862 - 05/03/19 07:52 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: HeinKill]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by HeinKill

Heiny

I would suggest you never, ever watch The Walking Dead.

The folks in GoT are friggin' military geniuses compared to TWD.

If I were planning the battle, no matter what I'd of had the Dothraki charging head on in total darkness into an army of the undead. They were poison to Westeros and would have brought nothing but disaster and ruin if they'd of remained, trashing villages, taking slaves, etc.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.