Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
#4471788 - 04/25/19 02:49 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Giants Milk....does a body good

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4471807 - 04/25/19 09:34 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio

Russ
Semper Fi
#4471811 - 04/25/19 10:31 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: Spidey]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Spidey
Giants Milk....does a body good

He will die in a blaze of glory and will promptly go to the mead hall in Valhalla!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4471812 - 04/25/19 10:47 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
It seems certain (to me) that either Jamie Lannister or Brienne will die at some point. They like each other too much for anything else to happen :/

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4471814 - 04/25/19 11:08 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Agree 100% DM.

I really hope Sir Davos makes it. I like that character a lot.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4472229 - 04/29/19 09:45 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
So......how about that season 3 episode?

Let’s just say my jaw dropped at the very end when all looked lost. Those who have seen the episode know what I’m talking about.

#4472235 - 04/29/19 11:00 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Yes sure was a shocker Never saw something like that coming !!

Russ
Semper Fi
#4472236 - 04/29/19 11:32 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: rwatson]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by rwatson
Yes sure was a shocker Never saw something like that coming !!

My wife was shocked as well and she usually is extremely good at predicting where a story is going to go in a movie or tv show episode.

#4472237 - 04/29/19 11:32 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
My reaction was: F#@K YEAH !!!! biggrin

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4472239 - 04/29/19 11:55 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
LOL Archie pretty much my reaction !!

Russ
Semper Fi
#4472245 - 04/29/19 01:11 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
https://twitter.com/i/status/1122699882857488384

Some tweets from twits .I like the first one

Russ
Semper Fi
#4472247 - 04/29/19 01:30 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'm sure the Dothraki have fired whoever wrote their manuals on basic battlefield tactics.....

#4472401 - 04/30/19 10:08 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Episode 3 was odd for me. It didn't fit the tone of the rest of the GoT series, it just seemed very "movie"-like and performed so many, many standard action-movie tropes that it was out of character.
Where were random tragic events? All your faves have survived, and the one-dimensional bad guy was defeated by surprise out-of-nowhere trope.

Doesn't the Night King have any philosophy, character, position, something that makes him not a cartoon bad guy with zombies? "Wants to bring endless night" is just tossed out as his motive, with no real philosophy driving it. He might as well have turned up and said "I'm evil".

Dothraki, an entire race, all gone in two minutes. No examination of that.

The crypt - yeah. Part of The Poor Plan biggrin No real examination of the effect of family members breaking out to attack.

The Poor Plan in general, doesn't anyone imagine the night king would sniff out the most obvious trap ever devised? biggrin And to have only Theon as the plan's guardian, the most central strategy is left to him?

Lots of characters getting into impossible positions, yet somehow finding themselves in a non-impossible position a few minutes later.

Lots of characters almost being killed, only to be saved at the last second by surprise rear attack from another character. Meh.

Night King defeat from nowhere. Maybe the next episode will provide flashbacks to make this not nonsense, fingers crossed.

I would have liked to see more of the zombie animals. Polar bears, horses, even the giant ice spiders from the books smile

Anyway, I have some issues smile but there was also lots that was awesome.

The giant was awesome.

The sense of dread.

The Unsullied performed impeccably, as you would expect. They just did everything they were supposed to correctly.

Dragon on dragon action. Woof.

And - can we talk about how dark the cinematography was biggrin I could hardly see a thing all the way through it.

Last edited by DM; 04/30/19 10:56 AM.

#4472403 - 04/30/19 10:40 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Excellent post DM. I agree with all your points.

#4472409 - 04/30/19 11:19 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

I think that the above ( very valid points ) can be summed up by the fact that there are only 3 episodes left for what would have been a couple of seasons worth of material earlier in the show, AND that this stuff was written by the producers and not Mr. Martin smile

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4472411 - 04/30/19 11:25 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
That's a great point Archie. In 3 remaining episodes the show needs to resolve:

- The throne succession conflict between Danaerys and Jon. I have a gut feeling this won't have a happy ending.

- The final showdown between Cersei and Jon/Danaerys. Cersei has a completely fresh, well paid large army to face off against the heavily depleted army of Jon and Danaerys. I think Jon and Danaerys will win but at a very heavy cost; even greater than their loss fighting the white walker army.

- The confrontation between Bronn and Jaime and Tyrion.

And many other big things!

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/30/19 11:48 AM.

#4472415 - 04/30/19 12:20 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
CleganBowl. As long as that happens smile

#4472421 - 04/30/19 01:55 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth

Maybe it was just the mood I was in, maybe I have to watch it again, but I think I liked the Battle of the Bastards more than I did the Battle of Winterfell. I really felt more for the characters there, especially for Jon Snow, especially when he was being trampled unknowingly by his own men...there was alot of empathy there. Then the outcome and how Ramsay got his just desserts wrapped everything up well.

The Battle of Winterfell, I too had the issue that out of nowhere here come Arya Stark. the way she kills the Night King was great, but WTF did she come from? It seemed like lazy writing to me. But, I think overall it was not bad. I had a hard time dealing with the whole episode being at night at first because they filmed the fight scenes with such a close angle you really couldn't tell how was hacking who. I did get used to it after awhile and then the whole battle just became creepy. You can't see who is who, you don't know who you are fighting or who will jump you next, and they're DEAD to begin with.

It really sucked that the Dothraki were wiped out in an instant, but it was cool in the manner that they filmed that, seeing their flaming sickle swords going out one by one. Then the few horses coming back riderless...

Melisandra...It was good I thought that she was there to redeem herself, and to ultimately give herself up in the end. I almost forgot about her amulet...I kinda wish they showed her growing old as she walked off into the....sunrise?

Sansa sure has alot of explaining to do. I can see the Crypt survivors going, "Hey, she was gonna run and leave us and bring that imp with her!"

The Hound---I have a feeling that really was keeping him from fighting back was that there was so much fire involved.

Did Tormund survive? I hope so. What about the dragon that was overrun by zombies? I wasn't clear on that. What exactly is the undead dragon breathing? I keep thinking back to my AD&D days and how blue dragons had icy breath...what was his dragon's blue flame? Also, what about Sam? Did he live?

That really sucked when the Night King raised the dead just as Jon Snow got to him. I'm very surprised that he survived that.

It also sucked when the crypt corpses came alive. That was a dirty trick on the Night King's part. Man it would suck to be say Sansa and get killed by zombie Dad Stark.

MVP fighter of the Battle of Winterfell? Lyanna Mormont. She kept rallying the troops throughout, keeping command and control, and despite being in a killing crush of the giant, she friggin took him out singlehandedly! Way to go! Then, she rises from the dead to wreak more havoc (well, onto her own side, but hey, she kept fighting!!!)

Most heart-wrenching death? Jorah Mormont. After all he'd been through, for Danerys, and there he was at the end, fighting for her, and slipping into death after saving her without even a last word.

Next most heart-wrenching death? Theon Greyjoy. Again, after all he'd been through....seeing him lying there slowly dying as Brann gets overrun...that sucked.

Most useless and wasteful person? Brann. Never liked the guy, and especially now. OO, he turned to the 3 eye crow and can see what is going on. Big deal, give the engineers of Westeros enough time and they'll have a drone too. All those people died for him and for what? What did he possibly contribute to the cause? I thought that if they really wanted to make it interesting, they should somehow reveal that he and the Night King are somehow one and the same, or have some kind of symbiosis going, because all this time I kept thinking about how similar the two looked.

My random, rambling thoughts....

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4472422 - 04/30/19 02:07 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
That was a pretty good summation Bones.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4472423 - 04/30/19 02:25 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! -- SOME SPOILERS [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

I have a feeling that Brann has a big part to play yet

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.