Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
#4470508 - 04/15/19 01:21 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I thought the single best scene in the episode is where Sam meets Danaerys and he finds out what happened to his father and brother. What a powerful piece of acting that was.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4470511 - 04/15/19 01:43 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: No105_Archie]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Kit HArrington hosted SNL the other night and he was clean shaven and had a haircut, a sad sign that Game of Thrones was surely over. It was really weird seeing him that way...and speaking with an American accent for sketches.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4470513 - 04/15/19 01:54 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: bones]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by bones
Kit HArrington hosted SNL the other night and he was clean shaven and had a haircut, a sad sign that Game of Thrones was surely over. It was really weird seeing him that way...and speaking with an American accent for sketches.

v6,
boNes

He's a very good actor but I'm sure he's well aware that he will overwhelmingly be remembered for GOT regardless of what he does in the future.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/15/19 01:54 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4470524 - 04/15/19 03:16 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I thought the single best scene in the episode is where Sam meets Danaerys and he finds out what happened to his father and brother. What a powerful piece of acting that was.

Very true, we had just ordered HBO just for this through Amazon. On a smart TV you scroll over to GoT and there were these small clips that I'm assuming are place holders for each episode. One of them shows where they all were when they started. Sam only had 3 hours of camera time before his first scene and John had his first in episode 1.

The thing that's so amazing about this show is that prior, you didn't know 1 actor beside Dinklage. Now you're seeing most of them pop up everywhere. The biggest one I've seen in at least 4-5 shows already is Pedro Pascal, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0050959/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

He has plenty of credit prior to GoT, but I don't recall ever seeing him before.

#4470537 - 04/15/19 04:18 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: Top Gun]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Top Gun

The thing that's so amazing about this show is that prior, you didn't know 1 actor beside Dinklage. Now you're seeing most of them pop up everywhere. The biggest one I've seen in at least 4-5 shows already is Pedro Pascal, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0050959/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

He has plenty of credit prior to GoT, but I don't recall ever seeing him before.

The only actors I recognized from the GOT pilot episode were Lena Headey, Sean Bean and Jason Momoa. Everyone else was a total unknown to me.

Later on I found out that Peter Dinklage had done a few things before GOT but I didn't watch any of them.

#4470564 - 04/15/19 07:07 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Got an email from my cable provider... my son has activated the service to get the show, then he phoned me to ask if he could activate the service biggrin

While I should be able to watch it online from my Belgian cable provider the connection is so slow it won't play frown

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4470576 - 04/15/19 08:15 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH

The only actors I recognized from the GOT pilot episode were Lena Headey, Sean Bean and Jason Momoa. Everyone else was a total unknown to me.

Later on I found out that Peter Dinklage had done a few things before GOT but I didn't watch any of them.

oh yeah, I forgot all about Sean Bean, he's been in a bunch of TV shows, though they never seem to last more than one season

Last edited by Top Gun; 04/15/19 08:15 PM.
#4470581 - 04/15/19 08:35 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: Top Gun]  
NH2112 Offline
Veteran
NH2112  Offline
Veteran

Jackman, ME

oh yeah, I forgot all about Sean Bean, he's been in a bunch of TV shows, though they never seem to last more than one season

Well, there is the matter of a minor character named Boromir in a relatively unknown trilogy by Peter Jackson.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4470659 - 04/16/19 08:31 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Immermann Offline
SimHQ's resident fire enthusiast.
Immermann  Offline
SimHQ's resident fire enthusiast.

Lule/Norrbotten/Sweden
He was also 006 in a Bond movie.

You might also find the Sharpe movies interresting, set in the Napoleonic war in Spain.

Last edited by Immermann; 04/16/19 08:32 AM.

"When I saw The Matrix at a local theatre in Slovenia, I had the unique opportunity of sitting close to the ideal spectator of the film - namely, to an idiot." - Slavoj Zizek
#4471468 - 04/22/19 02:33 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
So the big battle against the white walker army is next week.

I think Sir Jorah, Theon and Tormund will die in the battle. The Hound will survive because he has his big showdown with the Mountain later on.

Theon will fully redeem himself by giving his life protecting Bran. It will be the perfect character arc.

What do you guys think?

#4471469 - 04/22/19 02:38 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
So the big battle against the white walker army is next week.

I think Sir Jorah, Theon and Tormund will die in the battle. The Hound will survive because he has his big showdown with the Mountain later on.

Theon will fully redeem himself by giving his life protecting Bran. It will be the perfect character arc.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a pretty sound guess, I was almost wondering if there was going to be something between Theon and Sansa?

Last edited by Top Gun; 04/22/19 02:38 PM.
#4471471 - 04/22/19 02:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: Top Gun]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

Sounds like a pretty sound guess, I was almost wondering if there was going to be something between Theon and Sansa?

I'm pretty sure that relationship is platonic. Arya and Gendry though....whoa!!

#4471510 - 04/22/19 06:20 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Major Dragon Offline
Major Dragon  Offline

Probably won’t be much between Theon and Sansa. At least not on theon’s part.

#4471512 - 04/22/19 06:28 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: Major Dragon]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Major Dragon

Heh...well, Greyworm doesn't let that same "disability" bring him down with his girlfriend. biggrin

#4471539 - 04/22/19 09:13 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Game of Thrones makes it so difficult, and also rewarding, to be a fanboy. George R. R. Martin and those dastardly series producers (David Benioff and D. B. Weiss) constantly play that "giveth and taketh away" game with favorite characters! Now, so close to the end, it is getting downright nerve-wracking! biggrin

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4471540 - 04/22/19 09:16 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
letterboy1 Offline
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Originally Posted by Major Dragon

Heh...well, Greyworm doesn't let that same "disability" bring him down with his girlfriend. biggrin

If they have one of those "We're about to die let's have sex" scenes, it will have to involve some "cunning linguistics" . . . credit to Robin Williams. wink

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4471549 - 04/22/19 10:40 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I’ve been thinking.

Maybe Yara Greyjoy and her Iron Isles army will come to the rescue of Winterfell during the upcoming battle?

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/23/19 06:34 PM.

#4471629 - 04/23/19 06:32 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
I’ve been thinking.

Maybe Yara Greyjoy and her Iron Isles army will come to the rescue of Winterhaven during the upcoming battle?

I thought they were holding the "fall back" position seeing the dead can't cross water

#4471630 - 04/23/19 06:35 PM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: Top Gun]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

I thought they were holding the "fall back" position seeing the dead can't cross water

Yes that was mentioned but Yara also knows her brother is going to fight at Winterfell so that might change her mind.

#4471776 - 04/25/19 01:11 AM Re: Game of Thrones final season in 2 weeks! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
What a terrific show. Unlike The Walking Dead, it has never dissapointed me. The battle is going to be quite epic. They'll have to bring down the White Walker dragon at once. I'll be interested to see how they do that. My son is telling me that he thinks that Circi will be sitting on the throne, but no way. She isn't going to survive, I'm sure of it. If Jaimey lives through this, once he finds out that she meant to have him killed, I'm sure he'll finally realize that enough is enough. Either he will kill his sister, or she will kill herself. She'll finally realize that she has been the cause of every one of her childrens deaths, and do it herself.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.