Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4471342 - 04/20/19 09:04 PM No credit for aircraft downed  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
#%&*$#, I shot down a JU 87, both pilots ejected. I ended up getting shot down later. I did not get credit for my aircraft destroyed. Perhaps it was because I was not close enough to my flight squad ? nobody witnessed it ? And I died ? ( I'm playing pilot does not die at the moment though). So technically there was nobody to make the claim ?

#4471344 - 04/20/19 10:13 PM Re: No credit for aircraft downed [Re: WangoTango]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

If you expect to get all the kills you made confirmed, even when you are 'technically' dead then it doesn't work that way.

We try to be reasonable realistic where possible, hence having the claim system in the first place. On the mission debrief look for the details button, then make a claim using the claim button bottom right - if you are alive it helps.

But why would you be annoyed that you didn't get a kill, when you actually, and much worse, died!

But the reasonable thing is you are dead so making claims is kind of tricky in that state wink

You can turn off claims in the workshop if you prefer to win the war as it were.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4471349 - 04/21/19 12:03 AM Re: No credit for aircraft downed [Re: WangoTango]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by WangoTango
#%&*$#, I shot down a JU 87, both pilots ejected. I ended up getting shot down later. I did not get credit for my aircraft destroyed. Perhaps it was because I was not close enough to my flight squad ? nobody witnessed it ? And I died ? ( I'm playing pilot does not die at the moment though). So technically there was nobody to make the claim ?

To get credit you have to make a claim and provide info on any witnesses. Did you do that? It's not clear from your post.

#4471351 - 04/21/19 01:02 AM Re: No credit for aircraft downed [Re: WangoTango]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
OK, perhaps I should not have started my post with the word d-am-n . The censorship make it looks worse than it is. I was not angry. I truly was just asking, and I assume it was done out of realism. Being apart from my squad would make sense to me, I was just trying to confirm.
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this sim immensely.
I thought there might be a chance a squad mate would make a claim for me post death.
I guess I need to choose my words wisely. That is twice I have been misread as being angry in this forum.

Like I said, I am really enjoying it, I'm all about a single player campaign. Yes I am starting out on lower realism, but that will change over time. The more confident I get in my dogfighting and landing.

Last edited by WangoTango; 04/21/19 01:10 AM.
#4471370 - 04/21/19 07:45 AM Re: No credit for aircraft downed [Re: WangoTango]  
ChiefWH Offline
ChiefWH  Offline

Turning off invulnerability sooner rather than later will ultimately help you. When you fly to stay alive you will avoid getting into bad habits. An example being sitting on the direct six of a bomber because you're focused on the kill not staying alive. When you lose a pilot you've put time into because you do something daft, you won't do it again! Looking after yourself becomes even more part of the experience when flying Axis.

Also, being more cautious will let kills when they do come build up at a more realistic and satisfying rate.

Last edited by ChiefWH; 04/21/19 01:53 PM. Reason: Corrected
#4471377 - 04/21/19 12:14 PM Re: No credit for aircraft downed [Re: WangoTango]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

WangoTango OK fair enough, it sounded like you thought it should be different and were angry - a problem with written words sometimes of course.

Basically YOU must put in the claim or it will not happen - or change the claims to easiest in Workshop then all kills are yours.

Of course claims numbers were wildly over the actual numbers downed in BoB and in other wars due to many reasons such as multiple pilots having a go at a bomber, some seeing what looks like doomed aircraft going down out of sight only for it to land fine back at base etc. Hence we added the claims system.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4471397 - 04/21/19 04:38 PM Re: No credit for aircraft downed [Re: WangoTango]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
No, I understand that being dead I cannot make a claim, and this makes sense to me and I appreciate the realism in that. I guess I should have just asked, if a squad mate could/would, put in a claim for me post death. I just wanted my virtual war wife to be proud of me. biggrin

I am not one to post complaints here at SimHQ. I am more of answer seeker.
I often post in ways that I think are a little humorous, but of course with just text, that can get lost in translation.

I REALLY like this sim. I love the era, I love the offline campaign. I know this is a sim I can really get into. I now have plenty of free time. I have dabbled in many sims over the years, but with work commitments and young children, I was never able to really get drawn into one. BOB2 was really the only sim I really liked.

Keep up the good work. Please understand that I am not one to tell a developer how to make a game/sim.

I'm not a complainer.

I've been at SimHQ 15 yrs, and really the only heated conversations that I get into, are if somebody is slamming my beloved Toronto Maple Leafs.

#4471400 - 04/21/19 04:48 PM Re: No credit for aircraft downed [Re: ChiefWH]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by ChiefWH
Turning off invulnerability sooner rather than later will ultimately help you. When you fly to stay alive you will avoid getting into bad habits. An example being sitting on the direct six of a bomber because you're focused on the kill not staying alive. When you lose a pilot you've put time into because you do something daft, you won't do it again! Looking after yourself becomes even more part of the experience when flying Axis.

Also, being more cautious will let kills when they do come build up at a more realistic and satisfying rate.

Yes, I can appreciate this.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.