I don't seem to have that problem, I use Warthog stick.
Several solutions could be:
1. Trim, make sure your trim is good.
2. Joystick axes curves - I have mine set as per page 6 of Chucks Guide.
3. STOL flaps - make sure they are down.
4. Ensure nozzles are at hover stop - 82 degrees for hover.
5. Are you too heavy to hover? Check VREST page on you MFD - click on VL (vertical landing) - there you will see F+W - that is the maximum weight of fuel and water you can have onboard with your current loadout to complete a vertical landing. Dump fuel as needed (set your bingo to the fuel weight you want then hit the left and right dump switches, then they will automatically stop dumping when the fuel weight hits what you have set on the bingo switch).
6. You need to land into the wind - normally the LHA should be steaming over 10 kts so it shouldn't be a problem for seaborne, but may be over land.
7. Ensure your HUD is in VSTOL mode, and monitor your power, AOA, vertical speed etc.
Hope this helps, let me know how you go.
Chuck's guide can be found here:https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides/https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765
Beware Chuck's guide is very good but not everything is correct (eg anti-skid should not be on for conventional, short or rolling takeoffs - see NATOPS)