Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4469981 - 04/11/19 04:07 PM I’ve encountered a possible bug  
Fosterc Offline
Fosterc  Offline

queen creek
Has anyone had a problem flying the DH2 where at a certain point your aircraft slowly gets held in place and dragged to the ground?

I’ve notice it happen to me twice.

Last edited by Fosterc; 04/11/19 04:30 PM.
#4469986 - 04/11/19 05:06 PM Re: I’ve encountered a possible bug [Re: Fosterc]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Yes, it’s called being shot down.

Sorry, couldn’t resist it. Unfortunately I’ve never encountered this condition. You are probably the first one to describe it. Or I’m wrong and I should be shot.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4469993 - 04/11/19 05:41 PM Re: I’ve encountered a possible bug [Re: Fullofit]  
Fosterc Offline
Fosterc  Offline

queen creek
There’s no damage to the aircraft though, my aircraft just slowly floats straight down.

#4469999 - 04/11/19 06:10 PM Re: I’ve encountered a possible bug [Re: Fosterc]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Fosterc
Has anyone had a problem flying the DH2 where at a certain point your aircraft slowly gets held in place and dragged to the ground?

I’ve notice it happen to me twice.

Ah yes! I believe it's called "a Tractor Beam" biggrin

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 04/11/19 06:11 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4470000 - 04/11/19 06:13 PM Re: I’ve encountered a possible bug [Re: Fosterc]  
Waldemar_Kurtz Offline
Waldemar_Kurtz  Offline

I haven't experienced this yet - but some aircraft are designed to reflect engine failures. I've had it happen to me a couple of times with German two-seaters. things were going quite well and then suddenly my engine died.

the fact that it's happened to you twice makes me wonder:
did you reduce your fuel mixture as you gained altitude? after your climb over 7,000-10,000 ft of altitude you should lean the fuel mixture to prevent this sort of thing from happening. you're possibly flooding the engine with fuel and killing it. if that happens you can try restarting your engine as you descend and it will usually pick up again.

if you DID reduce your fuel mixture this is probably a simulated engine failure which happens randomly. better to leave your engine off and make the best of it. I've tried restarting it, and sometimes it leads to your aircraft catching on fire. so far all of this sounds.. pretty normal.

might want to wait for somebody who flies the DH2 really often to weigh in on this. but it sounds okay to me.

#4470007 - 04/11/19 06:41 PM Re: I’ve encountered a possible bug [Re: Waldemar_Kurtz]  
Fosterc Offline
Fosterc  Offline

queen creek
Originally Posted by Waldemar_Kurtz
I haven't experienced this yet - but some aircraft are designed to reflect engine failures. I've had it happen to me a couple of times with German two-seaters. things were going quite well and then suddenly my engine died.

the fact that it's happened to you twice makes me wonder:
did you reduce your fuel mixture as you gained altitude? after your climb over 7,000-10,000 ft of altitude you should lean the fuel mixture to prevent this sort of thing from happening. you're possibly flooding the engine with fuel and killing it. if that happens you can try restarting your engine as you descend and it will usually pick up again.

if you DID reduce your fuel mixture this is probably a simulated engine failure which happens randomly. better to leave your engine off and make the best of it. I've tried restarting it, and sometimes it leads to your aircraft catching on fire. so far all of this sounds.. pretty normal.

might want to wait for somebody who flies the DH2 really often to weigh in on this. but it sounds okay to me.

But the engine doesn’t die, it stays running
The first time it happened I just shoot down an observation balloon, the second time I was hard turning to engage a flight of Eindeckers.

Last edited by Fosterc; 04/11/19 07:07 PM.
#4470079 - 04/12/19 01:49 AM Re: I’ve encountered a possible bug [Re: Fosterc]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
It would be good to post this in the technical issues area of the forum. Just make sure you give the squadron, location, year, and any other info that might help troubleshooting

Thanks!

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4470190 - 04/12/19 07:42 PM Re: I’ve encountered a possible bug [Re: Fosterc]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Without a video or something I can't tell exactly what you mean, but I have never heard of an aircraft being "held in place and dragged to the ground".
In the 2nd comment you say "my aircraft just slowly floats straight down" which sounds completely different - that sounds like a stall, or spin of some kind. Some are deadly and avoided at all costs in some old aircraft as they are sometimes fatal and some are not recoverable (especially with damage). The DH2 had a nickname the Spinning Incinerator which can give you a clue.

If your joystick is seemingly not responding check the ailerons/rudder/elevator is actually moving then you know at least your stick IS working (not that it will necessarily help depending on what is happening)... or maybe the stick itself is intermittently faulty / disconnecting.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse