Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4468917 - 04/04/19 07:55 PM 4 years of playing  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Just hit my damage record. It was a loss of course. Not a good night for wins. My previous match to this in the Tirpitz was ALL tier 10's mad

Gotta love those secondary hits smile

Attached Files shot-19.04.04_20.42.14-0460.jpg
Last edited by Chucky; 04/04/19 07:56 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4469049 - 04/05/19 04:02 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Nice Chucky. I can’t seem to break that 200k threshold. 196 and some change is the best I’ve been able to do, in a Kuteszov (sp).

#4469058 - 04/05/19 04:25 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Thanks. The Kutuzov is a good ship. I'm experimenting on mine with different builds whilst it's free. I run IFHE but that comes with reduced fire risk so I've added Demo Expert and so far I'm seeing more mayhem.

#4469558 - 04/09/19 12:29 AM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Nice! Secondary battles are awesome fun.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4471860 - 04/25/19 06:27 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Oh boy,I'm about to lose it with this game attack

So many double CV games and if both target you then that's it. I just had to quit a session before I threw the PC out the window,closely followed by myself.

Honestly,I don't know how WG can fix this mess. I'm not sure they can or even want to. I'm done spending money on this though.

I also just researched my first tier 9 ship the Iowa. It's tough at the top.

Sorry for the rant,this is the only game I now play regularly and it's pissing me off!

#4471889 - 04/25/19 09:43 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Agree with you, Chucky. Between the constant sky cancer and the player base that seems mostly turned into potatoes, I’ve mostly turned to playing co op. Even there, I get the odd game where it seems nobody has a clue and actually get a LOSS against the bots. You pretty much are required to bring a serious AA boat in randoms these day. Forget about a DD.

#4471894 - 04/25/19 09:59 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Yeah,I've been playing co-op more often to get the daily missions done.It takes longer but much less stressful when your random team clutches a defeat from victory.

I haven't looked at the patch notes for the update,maybe they made it better? wink

Last edited by Chucky; 04/25/19 10:00 PM.

#4474255 - 05/16/19 01:05 AM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
I moved to cv's finally Chuck, Japanese line. I'm halfway through the grind on the second one, mostly 20k damage battles with a rare 75k. They are a shipload better than the old clickfest map style and it has given me a few tips on how to avoidas a DD driver. If your a BB you are the main target, they are just easy to farm the damage/xp.

The playerbase still seems as mutant like as ever though. I'll spend a flight of planes to keep a DD lit up and chase them off the cap and people whine about how our CV is cr ap. The thing that pains me about the whole CV debavle is you can just sit back and farm/spot and in higher tiers control a game and generally be the last players alive with little xhance of being sunk unless a team really steamrolls. You can have half a team near a cap but never chance it owing to airpower and with radar and endless planes rolling of a CV deck the DD needs to sit in AA cover.

Sometimes i'll log on in a BB, watch the team get suppressed by double CV action, everyone sitting mid to l9ng range in clumps trying to combine AA cover until inevitably the better CV player can turn the tide. You just sit back and realise the whole game was out of your hands, there is just nothing you can do except for a few random hopeful pot shots. The rare non CV games are easily the best and a lot more fun. I'm just waiting now for a go at ranked, i expect a ton of frustration as it is tier x and DD's will be near useless with constant air focus. My Shima and Gearing crew already have ptsd and will probably mutiny early on.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4474275 - 05/16/19 08:39 AM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Double CV games are horrible to play in and I'm seeing them more frequently. I don't think they belong in this game. WG just can't seem to balance them.

I'll never rise above 'average' in this game and that's the problem. You don't see the likes of Flamuu or Flambass have too many bad games and when they do it's usually the team that potato'd.

I tried to fix this by buying 'overpowered' premium ships but that doesn't work for mr average potato nope

#4474634 - 05/19/19 01:10 AM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Was ready to give WoW' s anorher try after a long break from the game when I realized WG had just released a console version.
Thought why not have a look even if it meant starting from scratch.
The game even in it' s current limited state compared to the PC version is more fun than I thought it could be.
Battles are shorter with 15 minutes max with only 9 players on each team. The map sizes look the same for me but the spawnpoints are definitely closer compared to PC.
Makes it very interesting for BB captains because you are basically spotted from the start of the game which will result in some quick action packed gameplay most of the time.
3 nations, 7 tiers so far and no CV' s. The game works extremely well with a controller, the UI is excellent and it runs already very stable.
Although I have a ton of premium stuff om my PC account waiting for me I don' t think I will go back because I never had more fun with a WG game before. And with the current CV mess it is even less tempting.
If you have a current gen console and like warships give it a try. You might be surprised and like it like I did. thumbsup

Time is the only luxury.
#4499797 - 12/10/19 10:28 AM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
I just gave it another 3 or 4 month run. I had gotten bored with mid tier so most of my battles were T8,9 and 10. Had some decent matches and generally in the top half of the team, plenty of top of the scoreboard and my damage was always rising. Problem being, despite my damage rising overall by quite a bit, my cap take and defend rising and my kd still being good, plenty of unicum matches etc, more than 50% of my matches were losses.

I racked up huge loss streaks. DDs, BBs and Cruisers. I even joined a half decent clan where i was top 1, 2 or 3 in matches out of the 50 players to see if my playstyle was out the window, which it wasn't. I cannot explain how over so many matches i was constantly on the losing side and ended up just bugging out snd finally deleting it when i realised i wasn't having any fun anymore.

I suspected last time i played a couple of years ago, that the game throws you in (more often than not)with the potato players at a certain win/danage/kd level or something similar. This time around felt the same, a couple of wins here and there and then bam, welcome to hell. The only thing i have to back that up though is my own experience. I had games where i would cap twice, recap, shell out 100 plus k constantly, be miles ahead of anyone else on either side and just loss after loss. One night i punished myself with a 12 loss streak to prove a point to myself. Even going to tier 4 and getting repeated losses against mainly noobs while i am in decked out ships with 19 point captains and running circles around unexperienced players, constant losses.

Besides that, too many afk players, too much radar, too much smoke, and too much powercreep in ships overall. I was thinking of starting a new account and working up from the bottom to see what is like and whether the losses start stacking up at a certain point. Goodbye to 20+ 19 point captains, a ton of premiums and fully worked ships.

Anyone else had these suspicions about the matchmaking?

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4499801 - 12/10/19 12:02 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
You may be right Ajay. I mean do we know what the MM actually looks at when forming teams other than ship/ tier? It would be nice to only fight/team up with players with equal skill level.

A 12 loss streak? #%&*$# me,I'd have deleted the game and then tossed the PC out the window followed by myself.

I still have it installed but there is little reason to play it much nowadays. It's just not fun unless you are unicum. Same with World of Tanks.

Last edited by Chucky; 12/10/19 12:07 PM.

#4499809 - 12/10/19 01:22 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Wows ranks me as "great", not unicum, and this is already vastly exagerating my competences (I'd rate myself as "a bit better then average"), for me the key to have satisfying games is to play in a divion of three players, having on average the same skills, with 1 BB, 1 CA, 1 DD.

I can still get some awful losing streaks, but winning streaks compensate for one, and then we usually are able to make the awful games last a bit longer if we three are efficient on our side.

When playing solo I either sealclub (kamikaze mon amour) or play some OP ship like smolensk, bourgogne, zao, yamato, henri, hindenburg.

It still gets boring at times, but much less than when I played with lesser skilled shipmates and/or standard ships two years ago. And then there's ranked , clan wars, special events... it's bloody hard not to be addicted.

#4499928 - 12/11/19 02:22 PM Re: 4 years of playing [Re: Chucky]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Guess i'll never really know Chuck, it just doesn't add up though and i've stood by the old saying, if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, it's probably a turd.

Regards divisions rolln, that's one side in something like 12k plus games i never really got into but it can for sure improve your chance of a win with two other decent players. Regards low tier clubbers, mine were the Iso and the Wyoming, nobody ever expects a crappy low tier BB with junk range to be much of a threat lol and the Iso is just op once you have experience. Surprisingly this last run i had in the game i found the Neptune ended up being my favourite ship. Played right she was a lot of fun and punches far above what she should.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.