#4590240 - 01/27/22 01:35 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
RedOneAlpha Online content
RedOneAlpha  Online Content

LEGE
Terrorist Hunt game mode mod...

Nexusmods:
RoN TH mode mod

Red-y

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4590242 - 01/27/22 01:56 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Wow, the game is in Alpha and mods are already being made by the gaming community? LOL

I did a 3 player coop session on Tuesday and I certainly see the potential is there. I'll play it again once a couple more updates are released.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4590250 - 01/27/22 02:56 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
RedOneAlpha Online content
RedOneAlpha  Online Content

LEGE
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Wow, the game is in Alpha and mods are already being made by the gaming community? LOL

I did a 3 player coop session on Tuesday and I certainly see the potential is there. I'll play it again once a couple more updates are released.

Yes, although I see it as a positive because that means folks are liking it (to spend time modding it) and In a way promises longevity as with ArmA . It´s not the only mod out there for It but I though this one would be the most appealing for oldschool FPS fans.

More options, more fun!

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4596541 - 04/09/22 03:17 AM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
The hotel map is much, much larger now. They also close off different sections of it depending on which game mode you're playing on. Hostage rescue will be on the streets outside, lobby, bar, parking ramps and maintenance hallways. Active shooter was the lobby, giftshop, bar some maintenance hallways and some areas under renovation. The meth house map seems to have some of the same, where a small section of the map is added or removed depending on the game mode. Gives a bit more of an incentive to try the same maps in different modes.

I still wish there was some kind of map or something for preplanning before the mission starts though.

#4596711 - 04/11/22 01:14 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I've been playing this every week with some friends online.

This game has massive potential and of course it's still in alpha so the developers have a lot more to do. Right now my #1 complaint is the enemy AI. They move unrealistically fast and their reflexes border on Matrix-style levels.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4602990 - 07/05/22 08:38 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
3 more maps were added this weekend.
One is a 3 story cabin in the woods. It's very small.

Another is a production company with the street around it and the next door warehouse. It's a small map also, but much larger than the previous one. It's about the same size as the fast food map. This one has some textures and props missing or in an incomplete state

Next is a hospital, this one is a work in progress with most textures and objects in only a whitebox. It's huge, the barricaded suspect mode has two wings of the hospital with 3 floors each. What makes this one really difficult is the opponents are wearing body armor and pack some serious firepower.

Other fixes include wounded enemies getting back up and knifing or shooting you when you're not looking, so you have to check and zip tie everyone. They also added more kit customization including armor types, number of plates worn (front, front and back, and front, back & sides) and you can change the number of magazines and grenades you carry. Need more flashbangs, easy, just drop a magazine or two from your primary or secondary weapon. You can also change most weapons from between hollow point and standard, or in the case of shotguns, slug and buckshot.

I'd still like to have some kind of map or briefing before going in, but this game is getting better and better very slowly.

#4603136 - 07/07/22 06:34 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I tried the new maps and I liked what I saw.

For me the huge problem with this game continues to be the enemy AI. They move way too fast (almost Quake like) and their accuracy doesn't seem to be affected at all when they fire from the hip.

#4607080 - 08/28/22 09:49 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
I tried the new maps and I liked what I saw.

For me the huge problem with this game continues to be the enemy AI. They move way too fast (almost Quake like) and their accuracy doesn't seem to be affected at all when they fire from the hip.

Or when they're being shot. Today I started hitting someone in the shoulder, with a shotgun. They still were able to react within a second and kill me. We were at point blank range but the moment my first shot hit their shoulder they where holding their weapon at their chest. The hostage NPCs need work too. They casually walk around among terrorists that just killed dozens of people.

Overall the game is good and it is exactly what I needed for a SWAT 4 successor. It is just not finished yet, and the fine tuning may take a while.

#4607112 - 08/29/22 10:58 AM Re: Ready or Not [Re: Flogger23m]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Flogger23m

Overall the game is good and it is exactly what I needed for a SWAT 4 successor. It is just not finished yet, and the fine tuning may take a while.

Agreed. As it is already, this game has been in Alpha mode for several months since it was made available on Steam.

#4607241 - 08/30/22 07:11 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
Originally Posted by Flogger23m

Agreed. As it is already, this game has been in Alpha mode for several months since it was made available on Steam.

If I had to identify my biggest complaints:

- Enemy NPC reaction time.
- Civilian NPC logic.
- Some weapon tweaking when it comes to damage and recoil. Most weapons recoil just too much, and hitting an enemy doesn't cause a stunning affect nearly often enough. I can put a few shots onto target but they enemies can still aim and hit with perfect accuracy despite being shot first. I'm talking shotguns to the shoulder.
- Enemy damage and limping. Right now they are either dead, or get up after being hit and again have perfect accuracy and speed.
- Door kicking can be a bit more fluid.

Lot and lots of other tweaks but I would say those are the most annoying things for me.

#4607269 - 08/31/22 10:35 AM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Good post Flogger. Yeah for me right now the critical aspect that needs to be fixed is AI behavior.

#4615171 - 11/29/22 08:09 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Big update. New maps included, although the hospital, export, and maybe broadcast were previously released in a rough state awhile back.
Looks like lots of AI improvements as well as a few new weapons.

Here's the AI notes:

AI
General
New

Completely rebuilt Civilian and Suspect AI. They now use a mathematical system to weigh and make continuous decisions they deem are best for their current situation and objective, instead of randomly choosing actions to take
“Factions” system. Each AI in every level now can have unique behavior specific to that level, and each individual NPC can act differently than the other
Some AI can have a “faction leader.” Arresting or killing the leader may cause a morale drop for the rest of its faction

“Rathole” system allowing AI to evade the player through vents and spaces through/between walls. Only some levels have this behavior
Hostage Taking for suspects on certain levels when specific conditions are met
AI suspects now have a limited ammo capacity. They can run out of ammunition after a set amount of reloads, what they do next depends on the situation

Improved

Suspect AI now use animations to aim and lower their weapons, instead of a simple blend between the two poses. This locks their raise-to-aim behavior causing fewer issues related to snap-shooting
AI will play appropriate reaction animations when encountering players. Suspects no longer immediately raise their weapons to shoot if they don’t expect your arrival, and depending on their personality they might be more easily scared than others!
AI now use a movement blend system. They will have to accelerate first from walking before moving at their maximum speed. This prevents erratic and unreadable AI movement suddenly moving at full speed in close quarters
AI reactions to being stunned by grenades have been improved, playing fullbody animations appropriate to the stun type

Fixed

Fixed grenades not lowering suspect morale enough. They should cause surrendering much faster

Suspects
New

Hostage taking. Some suspects can take hostages by using them as a human shields. Use grenades to break them up, or risk an accurate shot to take them down
Rat holes. Some suspects can shimmy and crawl through gaps in the wall or ventilation systems, evading the player and gaining an upper hand
Reworked AI player detection and sensing. Will essentially stop them from “sensing” players through objects, lessening chances of them shooting through walls
Editor’s note: This was a necessary feature in the past to prevent them from losing track of the player if they move past small gaps and objects, but has been replaced with better and more accurate detection

Reworked reaction time. A larger amount of their actions when unaware will be buffered by a determined amount of milliseconds instead of making decisions at the very first frame of detection. Should improve readability
Tweaked suspect focal point blends, slowing them down to prevent them from making flick shots

Improved

Suspect reaction times have been lowered, but they will also be much more aware of their surroundings, and will appropriately hold angles and corners where they expect players to come from if there has been a lot of noise. The same level of deadliness, but now with a higher level of awareness
They will wander around the level and investigate gunshots, and their reaction times will be heightened if they think danger is incoming
They will take cover much more strategically and use it to conceal themselves, ambushing the player from behind objects. Be careful!

Civilians
Updated

Civilians will react to combat more appropriately by seeking hiding places when hearing gunfights and other aggressive noises, and flee when they are in the midst of a firefight
Multiple civilian profiles and behavior for each level depending on the level’s situation and circumstances

Full patch notes can be found here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1144200/view/3395178347902313901

#4615172 - 11/29/22 08:11 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for that info wormfood. AI improvements and fixes is the top priority for me.

#4615350 - 12/01/22 05:15 AM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
Only available to people with the more expensive Supporter edition. Kind of annoying, so I suppose I will need to wait more. But sounds like a big update with a lot of good improvements.

#4615369 - 12/01/22 11:34 AM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Yeah, I found out yesterday that the update is only for the "supporter edition" so who knows how long the rest of us will need to wait.

#4615415 - 12/01/22 09:37 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Sorry, I missed the "supporter edition" part. I was going to test it out this weekend. Looks like that's on hold.

#4615522 - 12/02/22 11:07 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Available to everyone soon, whatever that means.

#4616349 - 12/11/22 06:14 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Adam Update available to everyone now. 15.6 GB update. LINK

#4616450 - 12/12/22 06:04 PM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
The new maps are tough, big open, and lots of well armed enemies. Seems less like old the old SWAT games and more old school Rainbow Six.

#4616508 - 12/13/22 03:50 AM Re: Ready or Not [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I tested out one of the maps with the update and the enemy AI is definitely improved. They move and act much more realistically.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.