Hop To
#4458024 - 01/20/19 01:06 AM All the Marbles  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
About ready to go for the big 5 Skull, +25 rep missions.

I did a 5 skull, +23 rep today. I killed eight Elite Assault mechs and didn't even lose a limb off one of mine. I was a happy camper, had a couple of headshot kills, but the best was when Behemoth jumped into the fray and finished off two damaged assault mechs, one AC20 shot each. biggrin

Easy one though, the reinforcements were in front of me, not in my rear.

Speaking of BIG missions, was offered this one today. Five Skull, +27 rep! Not sure I ever saw one of those before....

I passed. yep

[Linked Image]

Lame salvage and money for the risk also.

Working on streaming/recording (more so the latter), and maybe an after action vid on YT.

I have a +25 rep ready to go for the morning. We'll see what happens...l

Attached Files +27.jpg

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4458083 - 01/20/19 05:38 PM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
Yeah I have not attempted one of that caliber yet. I've got some assaults in my Campaign game but restarted in Career mode so i'm still running all mediums right now. Looking forward to getting some Orions again, those things were my bread and butter for a long time.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#4458332 - 01/23/19 01:04 AM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Go out of the box till you get to Assault level..then too, come to think of it. biggrin

I find LRM fire support really effective, at all levels. An extremely agile scout JUMPING all over the place and distracting the bad guys works too.

My assault level scout is a Heavy Dragon believe it or not. It's never been killed and keeps a lot of fire and sensor locks off my serious killers. It has one PPC (max accuracy) and 4 jump jets. It also has that max view cockpit thing, and very little armor. When I use this, I usually have Nix in the Atlas II with dual Gausses, my scout and two Crab LRM support mechs. The two crabs can pretty much knock down anything. They have 720 LRM's each.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4458341 - 01/23/19 02:58 AM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
in Campaign mode my real sleeper was a shadowhawk with max armor and max SRMs. that thing could jump in behind larger mechs and just tear em up with point blank SRM fire. usually took a ton of damage but cheap to fix ( no weapons in arms ) and would usually survive if i kept it moving and in forest cover.

i just scored my first Hatchetman in Career mode today... dying to try it out. its still getting reworked - stripped off the AC10 for an AC5+ and maxing out the armor on it. 3 ton Hatchet on the right arm.... LOL that's gonna be fun.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#4458343 - 01/23/19 04:15 AM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I’m trying the Roguetech mod. I love the new mechs and weapons, but I think the core of the mod just isn’t worth it. Pilots start out totally inept compared to the enemy and then it crashes out...three times...after playing through a 30 min mission. Takes forever to load even an ongoing save.
I’ve missed the game though, I guess I’ll go back to vanilla and maybe find just the mech and weapon add ons. The weak part of the game was the lack of variety in mechs, so I hope I get this going. Picked up the Flashpoint dlc too.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4458385 - 01/23/19 02:10 PM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
The Hatchetman definately sounds fun.

I tried that Roguetech mod awhile back. Crashed twice in a row for me and I said screw it.MAYBE gonna run that +25/ 5 skull mission today. Homework first.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4458464 - 01/24/19 01:44 AM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I briefly tried just a few mods, but ran into loading issues again and just said screw it. It’s a brilliant game and running well is more important.
I’d love it if they gave us some dlc for lostech and maybe the clan invasion.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4458465 - 01/24/19 01:48 AM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Mission done, wasn't that bad.

After Action Reports

Ya never really know till you get into them.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4466462 - 03/19/19 04:07 PM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Just did another 5 skull, +25 mission yesterday.

EIGHT Elite enemy assault mechs.

After action report being posted now.

AA Report

Last edited by Nixer; 03/19/19 05:23 PM.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4467559 - 03/26/19 02:34 PM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Well I thought, "What the heck" and decided to try out a 5 skull +27 mission. I guess I get these from the Arano Restoration because of my very high standing with them.

[Linked Image]

I always liked assassinations as you can usually kill the target and bug out if you have to. exitstageleft

Bottom line? What an anti-climax! I have had much harder 4 1/2 Skull missions, luck of the draw I guess. A big factor on this one was that one lance was all vehicles instead of Elite Assault mechs, and they were all those triple PPC tracks.

Easy money and I head shot an Atlas and now have three stashed.

[Linked Image]

I have another +27 ready and may try it today. I am sure this easy one was a fluke. yep

Attached Files mission_offer.jpgreport.jpg

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4467618 - 03/26/19 08:22 PM Re: All the Marbles [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Did the other one. Not that hard, but certainly not as easy as the above.

AA report when I get a chance.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.