Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4467558 - 03/26/19 02:27 PM Questions...  
JimF Offline
JimF  Offline

NC, USA
Which I am posting here because soe of what is happening may be tech, or may be it's supposed to be...

Finally had time to sit and give the install a test. Made no changes to anything, created my 1st pilot, signed on as a trainee, and clicked Go to airfield. All good, so far.

Game showed loading and setting different things, then showed a page with 'Loading' across the center, with the friendly little MS blue circle spinning away. After a bit, I hear "Contact", engines tries to start, quits, "Contact" again, and engine fires and runs a few seconds. Screen is still the Loading one.

Then, sound cuts out, only thing happening is the blue circle. I wait..

2 Smaller blank windows pop open for a second, then sound comes back as screen changes to a view from the side of the aircraft.

I did read the FAQ, the part about hearing "Contact" in section 44, Issues with Win 10, but I did not get the error msg. So is this just the game having to get up to speed, and is normal?

When I do get to aircraft screen, I am the observer. We take off, make a approx. 5 minute circle, then land. No intructions, or any info, shows up at any time during flight. Is there supposed to be any? Or is it just 'go along for the ride' ? Which is fine, as long as I'm not missing something that the game should be doing, or showing.

Other than the above, all seems ok. Scenery is fantastic, even on a grey, gloomy cloudy day as this 1st flight was.

Jim F

#4467578 - 03/26/19 04:24 PM Re: Questions... [Re: JimF]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Hi Jim sorry only just seen this...il try be quick.
1st time loading especially career takes a while,2nd mission and more onwards is quicker. Your 1st training with captain triggers if I remember correctly you take a observer flight with him,SHIFT+D displays a message on/ off under the Tac display. After 1st or possibly 2nd mission with captain triggers you take the reigns

Hope this helps..if you need any more advice let us know pal

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4467582 - 03/26/19 04:37 PM Re: Questions... [Re: JimF]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

While I'm here il post some suggestions regarding key commands mate.

Z..turns a coordinates,FPS,and height speed display on in your top left Jim..useful instead of looking at your cockpit display all the time.

Shift+d ..turns messages On/off

Shift+T ..turns Tac display on/off

T...flips between aircraft,airfields,structures etc in Tac display

L...labels on/off

Shift +L ..changes label types

We will remember them.
#4467583 - 03/26/19 04:41 PM Re: Questions... [Re: JimF]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
You're a passenger for the first two or three flight in training. The mission briefing will clarify this.

#4467592 - 03/26/19 05:17 PM Re: Questions... [Re: JimF]  
JimF Offline
JimF  Offline

NC, USA
Thanks guys, least I know I'm the track.

Adger, your reply was plenty quick enough, nothing to apologize for. And thanks for the tips.

Jim F

#4467600 - 03/26/19 05:42 PM Re: Questions... [Re: JimF]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Turn on the TAC, as above, shift+T you will get instructions. Ctrl+T is toggle info from flight instructor on/off.

First 3 flights you don't get to really fly the aircraft wink

However you can create a new pilot and skip training completely (you can cycle the option at the top of the screen).
This is covered in the "HOW TO GET STARTED IN WOFF" section in the WOFF FAQ page 55.
http://www.overflandersfields.com/index_html_files/FAQ%20WOFF%20UE.pdf

Also you can do a MANUAL enlistment on that Pilot create screen , look bottom Right.. skips training and you can choose squad/date.

Last edited by Polovski; 03/26/19 05:44 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4467608 - 03/26/19 07:22 PM Re: Questions... [Re: JimF]  
JimF Offline
JimF  Offline

NC, USA
Polovski, thank you. I had read the "How To Get Started", it was fully understandable.

The reason I have started with the training is I have almost no experience with flight sims, so actually am learning to fly with this smile

I acquired Rise Of Flight a few weeks ago, but found it really did not have a training option, at least not that I could find. I actually only got it because the newer Channel Battles edition includes the Felixstowe flying boat, my all time favorite WWI aircraft.

Between the 2 sims, I do much prefer WOFF, for several reasons. I'll keep RoF, mainly so after I have some skill at virtual flying, I'll take time from my RNAS career in WOFF and fly the occasional RoF mission. smile

Thanks again, all, truly gentlemen of the finest sort (even those of you who prefer to fly for the Hun smile )

Jim F

#4467620 - 03/26/19 08:27 PM Re: Questions... [Re: JimF]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Glad your up and running Jim. There's also the option of practising flying ANY craft in game by going into Quick Combat and selecting free flight (top left pull down menu) there's also combat flight turkey shoot etc. Quick combat free flight mode is a great way to get used to your craft Jim,i usually practice circuits around my airbase.

You can choose time of day ,season and override the weather, change region,and also your home airfield. (Quick Combat only ..your career will fly from the historically accurate field)
Change player craft,and underneath player craft try a different skin.

Bottom left you can choose start altitude (For practising flight I start from field) and Make sure you tick PILOT NEVER DIES in Quick Combat mode so that your career pilot isn't permanently killed whilst practising ..you wouldn't believe the amount of times I've done that mate.

To practice flying German craft you have to enlist a German pilot,same as with American pal.

Workshop settings (Graphics,realism etc) I use these below,they may be of help to you pal..Any questions please ask Jim.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We will remember them.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.