Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4465717 - 03/15/19 07:01 PM Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield: Install procedure on modern PC?  
Coot Offline
Moody Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Moody Pilgrim
Veteran

!!USA!!
Hey folks. I hope there is someone around knowledgeable on this. I want to play R6 3 Raven Shield again after many, many years. However I have a feeling there is some effort that goes into this. I have a Windows 7 64bit PC and I also have my original R6 3 disks and I think an expansion.. I'm hoping that it all won't be too difficult to do or finding files but I need to know what a proper install procedure is. What patches if any do I need? I recall there being some sort of free expansion made at one time that I sometimes see people recommending but I can't remember the name.(Iron something?) I was also interested in what looked like a fairly comprehensive mod that added new weapon sites and goggles and such but is that still available on ModDB?

Mainly I just would like the base game up and running and patched along with the free expansion if its necessary. I was also intrigued by the mod mentioned above but I don't know how involved modding is for the game or if its even still available as last time I checked I think it was taken down from ModDB. Thanks for any assistance.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4465873 - 03/16/19 08:40 PM Re: Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield: Install procedure on modern PC? [Re: Coot]  
Red2112 Offline
Red2112  Offline

Airborn
Originally Posted by Coot
Hey folks. I hope there is someone around knowledgeable on this. I want to play R6 3 Raven Shield again after many, many years. However I have a feeling there is some effort that goes into this. I have a Windows 7 64bit PC and I also have my original R6 3 disks and I think an expansion.. I'm hoping that it all won't be too difficult to do or finding files but I need to know what a proper install procedure is. What patches if any do I need? I recall there being some sort of free expansion made at one time that I sometimes see people recommending but I can't remember the name.(Iron something?) I was also interested in what looked like a fairly comprehensive mod that added new weapon sites and goggles and such but is that still available on ModDB?

Mainly I just would like the base game up and running and patched along with the free expansion if its necessary. I was also intrigued by the mod mentioned above but I don't know how involved modding is for the game or if its even still available as last time I checked I think it was taken down from ModDB. Thanks for any assistance.

Here ya go...
All R SIX

You can even play online smile2

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSD´s, LG 29" Ultrawide 21:9 monitor, Logitech G13 and G502, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR 5.0, Corsair Void Pro 7.1 USB.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Ken Block's - Climbkhana Two
by David Kennard. 11/19/19 05:18 PM
New Half Life game.... but VR only?
by Khai. 11/19/19 01:31 PM
Too Funny
by vonBaur. 11/17/19 04:51 PM
Important Birthday Tomorrow
by rwatson. 11/17/19 12:00 PM
70 weeks of intense self-learning
by MarkG. 11/16/19 07:15 PM
We are about to hit peak Nicolas Cage
by Ajay. 11/16/19 12:52 AM
Legacy Rock Bands
by PanzerMeyer. 11/14/19 04:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.