Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#4556310 - 02/16/21 11:40 AM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Sorry I was unable to get out there last night. I may do so today. I was aware of the need of the Starship Blueprint. I'm a long way from having a fighter, so I didn't sweat it too much, and haven't looked yet in to how to obtain one. But if there is a group effort to get them, I'd like to join

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Do I have to do anything special besides collect this stuff to have access to a guardian fsd?

Blastman, for the GFSDB you need the following

1 Guardian Module Blueprint Fragment
21 Guardian Power Cell
21 Guardian Technology Component
24 Focus Crystals
8 HN Shock Mount

For the GSR

17 Guardian Power Cell
20 Guardian Technology Component
24 Pattern Delta Obelisk Data
8 Hardware Diagnostic Sensor

One you have that, you only need to go to a Guardian Tech Broker and unlock it. Then it is always available at any Guardian Tech Broker

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4556332 - 02/16/21 02:50 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I see on EDSM that Rec is still out there. I'm going to head out to grab some stuff. Bo doesn't show, but maybe his icon is covered by Rec's. I tried to join SimHQ TS3, but cannot connect. So no voice comms. Never tried the in-game comms and not set up for it, not sure what I'd need to do anyway. Probably simple. If TS comes back up, and if anyone joins, let me know in chat please.

#4556333 - 02/16/21 02:53 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
SimHQ TS3 changed addresses recently...though I thought we spoke since then..

dal-ts3.fragnet.net:9994

I joined just now.

Last edited by Recluse; 02/16/21 02:55 PM.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#4556345 - 02/16/21 04:39 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by DBond

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Do I have to do anything special besides collect this stuff to have access to a guardian fsd?

Blastman, for the GFSDB you need the following

21 Guardian Power Cell
21 Guardian Technology Component
24 Focus Crystals
8 HN Shock Mount

For the GSR

17 Guardian Power Cell
20 Guardian Technology Component
24 Pattern Delta Obelisk Data
8 Hardware Diagnostic Sensor

One you have that, you only need to go to a Guardian Tech Broker and unlock it. Then it is always available at any Guardian Tech Broker

Looking at the range, seems as if the Guardian FSD is a must have.

#4556352 - 02/16/21 05:29 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I think it is. Every one of my ships mounts one, even if it is class 2. I swapped it out of my FDL for HRPs for the CG CZ, but normally has a class 4 in it to hit 30 jump, which is my arbitrary minimum. If you value jump range, these are essential. If you only unlock one Guardian thing, the GFSDB is the one. I've only unlocked that and the Guardian Shield Reinforcement. The trip today was to get more for a fighter down the road.

I flew out to the Guardian site, chatted with Rec for a bit, and scooped up more bits and bobs. Have had my fill and I'll head next to the selenium market Wingnuts gave me the heads up on when I log back in.

This is a sentinel, annoying buggers, they are

[Linked Image]

JC gave me the tip that you can jump up to grab bits and bobs that get stuck at height. Here you see Guardian Power Conduit somehow stuck up high. I was able to fly up to it and grab it. Thanks JC!

[Linked Image]

By the way, for anyone farming these Guardian structure sites, there are destructible panels on more than the towers. The larger structures/ arches have some hidden ones too, so you can grab more per relog if you spot them. I should have snapped a screenshot. But you can usually make out a tiny bit of blue to find them. And Rec, I was definitely getting 3 per 1 like other mats, for what it is worth.

Attached Files sentinel.jpghighjump.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 02/16/21 05:45 PM.

#4556365 - 02/16/21 06:42 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I will try and get the stuff I need to have one. The furthest jump range of any of my ships right now is my Diamondback Explorer, which can go 37 ly. I only have 2 degrees of FSD engineering on it so far. Interestingly, this DBX with three size 2 rails and armor hits harder than my Cobra MK IV with 2x size 2s and 3x size 1s. I took down a FDL in seconds last night. With even a level 1 thruster upgrade, it maneuvers better than my Cobra. Odd.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 02/16/21 06:44 PM.
#4556367 - 02/16/21 06:49 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Nice one Blastman. Any engineering is useful, it doesn't have to be full G5 right away. I did it in steps, and it took a long time for me to gain access to all of the engineers and their mods. I don't grind, so took my time and was not too concerned about it. I think the fact that I am approaching 2000 hours and am still just Count and Lt Commander shows I don't care for the grind. I just play and the rest comes when it does.

In case it may be of interest, here is my DBX. This is the sort of jump you can expect with full FSD engineering and a GFSDB. And this isn't even a class 4, which would add a couple jump ranges smile

Mad Hops

I dropped the SRV it often carries to make it look more impressive lol.

#4556369 - 02/16/21 07:07 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Blast, the Guardian swag collection goes MUCH easier and quicker if done in a group. If you’re interested in doin that, any one of us would be willing to help you out. I’ll even send my carrier over to you and give u a ride. The site we are at is around 800 ly out. Only 2 jumps in the carrier.

#4556370 - 02/16/21 07:10 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It sure do, and if I am around when it goes off, I'll pitch in too.

2 jumps in a carrier. madness!

It is 13 in Mad Hops (weighed down as it is by the rover).

#4556372 - 02/16/21 07:15 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Those are really nice numbers on the jump range. Mine likely won't go as far, as it is shieldless with hull reinforcement, heatsink launchers are railguns. That's the problem with railguns--they are so darn hot, and so are shields and shield cells, so they don't work together well on the small ships. I did pirate for a long time in a Cobra mk III with two rails and two multicannons, and it worked well, but it couldn't deal with heat nearly as well as my Clipper can. My clipper laughs at railgun heat. I think there's a difference between ships and heat capacity, but the coriolis tool doesn't do a good job modeling this.

FYI the Clipper does use shields, but they are unmodded, as well as the powerplant, so I have serious power issues at the moment. I think once the shields are modded it will be a lot stronger. But that wasn't the point of having a clipper--clippers are built for speed and survival, which in Open, means everything. Being able to dictate when and where one fights is king, especially with the bigger insurance bills.

I want to build a Krait MK II, but for that, I'll have to figure out how to mine, I guess... Or where the good mining spots are to... acquire... miner minerals. Heh heh heh.

I had over 500 hours into the game before I stopped playing five years ago, so for me, it is all about the experience.

#4556374 - 02/16/21 07:20 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No Coriolis is not good for heat, but EDSY is. If you are, or get, on Inara, you can click on any ship in your fleet and export it to either shipyard. EDSY does a good job with the heat. Inara export to Coriolis currently removes engineering so not a good option.

EDMC lets you export your current ship in the same way.

If the mining you are referring to is to unlock Selene Jean, it does not matter what sort of rocks it is. Just a total of 500t refined. And you don't even need to turn it in. You can refine it and eject it and it still counts.

#4556381 - 02/16/21 08:10 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Oh, I want rocks to buy bigger ships. smile

#4556390 - 02/16/21 09:24 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oh, yes. Money for ships. Mining is good, but I had a look the other day at sell prices and it isn't like it was a year ago. But you can still rake it in. Honestly, I'd recommend putting a DSS on that DBX and do bubble exploration on the road to riches. You can make enough for an A-rated Krait in a few hours. But there are plenty of ways to make cash in this game.

#4556395 - 02/16/21 09:49 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
How do I earn 250 million in a few hours exploring? It is that easy now?

#4556406 - 02/16/21 10:47 PM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well, my Kraits are worth 133m, 109m and 87m, so we have a different vision of an A-rated Krait haha. So if it actually would run you 250m then my estimate was a little optimistic.

It's all that heavy, expensive armor you guys slap on biggrin

Maybe saying 'a few hours' was a little flippant, but you could have enough to afford one of my Kraits in a couple of evenings.

Here's a video

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ws-wiz#kpvalbx=_NkMsYLr7A86m_Qahm6HQCg13

It's been a while since I did this sort of thing. But yes, exploration is far more profitable than it was last time you played. For example, a FSS + DSS of an ELW without first discovery is worth about 1.1m. So you could do that to Earth and there's a million bucks. There are several guides and tools such as the Road to Riches that lead you to the most valuable systems.

This is the Road to Riches which is popular

https://www.spansh.co.uk/riches

I like this tool myself

https://edtools.cc/expl.php?s=ugp+145&d=200&n=300&ap=on

Put your current system in and it will show a list of valuable systems. You want to visit the ones that list ELW, WW and AW, the more the better. Terraformables are always worth more. You FSS scan them, and then DSS probe them for maximum payout. I think this is still accurate, but have a look at this payout chart. FD=First Discovery, but you'll need to travel for those, probably at least 1000 light years out.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files payout chart.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 02/16/21 11:18 PM.

#4556416 - 02/17/21 01:47 AM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Hmm.

Apparently ships have hardcoded heat dissipation and capacity rates. Is there a way to alter this with components?

I've never seen an internal heatsink like a battlemech in Battletech, and those would be useful in a starship--hence ejected ones.

Elite needs microwave thermal emitters with internal thermoelectrics.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 02/17/21 01:48 AM.
#4556417 - 02/17/21 01:53 AM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
I thought I would learn something.
So I went.
32 jumps it took and I met an unmanned Asp (anarchy) at the ruins (1) .
I thought whoa.
It launched a ground vehicle and I went for the mothership.
Haha, must sort ouf the vehicle controls tomorrow.
I had a great setup on my joystick, but some updates later they were gone.
DBond has taken the smart route, and poor me the grinding one. biggrin
Let`s see if I can get some positive out of this after all.
I might call on my FC though....

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4556426 - 02/17/21 03:11 AM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Blastman, your observation is dead on. Check this link for detailed heat discussion

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/research-detailed-heat-mechanics.286628/

I think I mentioned it earlier, in a different thread, but heat is a function of power draw and the heat efficiency of your power plant plus the rating you discovered. There are some engineering mods like thermal spread that will lower it, and others that lower power draw, such as low-emissions, enhanced low power and efficient for the beams (great mod, this). My DBX and Orca are both engineered to run very cool, the Orca idles at 14% heat, but it's not a combat ship. If you need any advice about this just ask. I think my combat Krait is my hottest ship at 28% idle, and I think both the Courier and the FDL match it. EDSY has a handy THM section with a WEP rating that shows heat at full throttle with all weapons firing. Thermal vent beams are a great solution to pair with hotter weapons.

Haha Wigean, sounds like you met a sentinel? Bo, Wingy, Rec and I just shot down a lot of them a little while ago. Pains in the arse, they are. We were sitting at the altar and Bo said AFK BRB. As soon as he left, three sentinels came around and started blasting his SRV. I had only just told him I would cover him while he went about his business, but I wasn't expecting this! But oh no you don't! So I got between the sentinels and Bo's unattended SRV and opened up, then ran out of ammo halfway through while they were all firing at him and me. I was sure I would fail and he would come back to a dead SRV but I got 'em all. Bo came back and l said, is your SRV OK? He's like yeah, no worries, but it was touch and go there for a bit smile

You have a carrier Wigean?

#4556430 - 02/17/21 04:45 AM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: WingNuts01]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
This guy makes the best music to fly Elite to:

#4556433 - 02/17/21 06:13 AM Re: DBOND Guardian FSD [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Originally Posted by DBond

You have a carrier Wigean?

Yes.
But until now it has been a weekly disaster. biggrin

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.