My Story is that I am an inexperienced flight simulator guru but have a decent computer configuration:
My PC as follows:
• Intel Xtreme I9, 6 dual 347 GHZ Processors 12 individual
• Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, SP1
• 12 GB Memory
• ATI FirePro V5800 graphics card
• 2 solid state disks
• 2 Dell 27" Monitors DVI attached, resolution, 2560x1440, Dell-U2700
• 12 USB 2.0 ports
I have acquired Logitech
X56 Rhino HOTAS
stick and throttle. I have not installed it yet. I wanted to start with an older simulator MS Combat Flight Simulator 2. Before adding the controller my first step was to install the MS just to see how it works before installing the Logitech
and customizing the controller. It installs but when I hit "play" nothing happens. I look under "task control" and it shows no processes being initiated for the MS software. There is no support for the MS simulator so I am stymied. I was looking to just get in the air.
What I would like to try now is a currently available combat simulator, preferably one that is known to work with either the Saitek
52 and/or the Logitech
56. Ideally, there would be a profile for the game available for the X56.
Can anyone help me.
Otrman AKA Henry
Former Marine, USMC