Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4462219 - 02/20/19 09:46 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
I miss the "Ta Da! audio as a closing to your quotes gentlemen!! I just really appreciate the oral effects versus the silent treatment!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4462221 - 02/20/19 09:53 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

It might be timely to reference the following once again:

A long-term study recently completed by the University of Research Nonessentials and Urbane Thought Sciences has at last uncovered the source of misunderstandings surrounding the OFF/WOFF use of the term, "two weeks". Due to the fact that most civilized industrial societies around the world use the Gregorian calendar, which is divided into 52 seven-day weeks, the practical assumption made by those outside of the OFF/WOFF development group is that two weeks equals fourteen days. But this assumption is utterly incorrect.

Intensive research into the matter has unearthed evidence showing that members of the OFF/WOFF development group, or "WOFFites" as they refer to themselves, use a calendar radically different from that noted above and one based entirely upon their own labor-to-rest time ratio reality. Given the standardized WOFFite work schedule of 272 days on followed by one day of relaxation, the WOFForian calendar week actually equates to 39 weeks on the Gregorian calendar. Herein lays the root of the misunderstanding. When a WOFFite indicates that something will be done in two weeks he is not in error but is simply making his statement based on the time frame in which he lives. For those outside WOFFite society however it appears the person making such a statement is a bold faced liar, or delusional, or trying to pull something. He is not. The WOFFite honestly means two weeks, but two "WOFForian" weeks which, unfortunately for the rest of us, equates to 546 days or 78 weeks on the Gregorian calendar.

For a complete transcript of the study, "Time Reference Disparities between WOFFite and Real World Societies", contact Dr. Benjamin Whaddajahoo, Professor of Thinkology, Room 42, Arcane Building, University of Research Nonessentials and Urbane Thought Sciences, Pleasantville, Minnesota.

Lou, you have stumbled onto something that I believe is the under lying methodology applied by most politicians, only they are applying the concept to truth and reality, hence the reason we feel we never get a truthful straight answer to any question asked of them. Hmmm, I must look further into the studies conducted by the University of Research Nonessentials and Urbane Thought Sciences. Do they have a web site??

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 02/20/19 10:10 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4462226 - 02/20/19 10:31 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Robert, unfortunately no, not any more The URNUTS website has been the target of numerous cyber attacks and hacks over the last couple of years, no doubt perpetrated by those who would muzzle the truth. There are even recent indications that the Trump White House is involved. "Fake News" my great Aunt Gerty!

#4462237 - 02/20/19 11:23 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Robert, unfortunately no, not any more The URNUTS website has been the target of numerous cyber attacks and hacks over the last couple of years, no doubt perpetrated by those who would muzzle the truth. There are even recent indications that the Trump White House is involved. "Fake News" my great Aunt Gerty!

Nothing worse than knowing URNUTS has been crushed.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4462239 - 02/20/19 11:27 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Hellshade, true dat!

#4462240 - 02/20/19 11:31 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

It just occurred to me, I wonder if such was the inspiration for that hit TV show, "The Sopranos".

#4463438 - 02/28/19 11:39 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
OBD continues its work on the next patch for WOFF UE. I think there will be a lot of nice little improvements on a variety of areas.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4463451 - 03/01/19 01:35 AM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by Hellshade
OBD continues its work on the next patch for WOFF UE. I think there will be a lot of nice little improvements on a variety of areas.

I know it will be good stuff, as always Great to see that WOFF continues to get attention even with WOTR occupying what I assume is a sizable amount of the teams time.

Playing in Raine's "Deep Immersion DID" campaign has really reminded me just how great WOFF is. There really is not much I would change at this point, but if I DID have a magic wand and could make a few minor tweeks this is what comes to mind:

- Make AI go home immediately after dropping bombs in a bombing mission, if possible. They currently circle the target for about 5 minutes after the drop, letting flak use our flight for target practice. (or is this historical?)

- Tweek the observer selection algorithm so that the same observers don't keep flying every mission. The poor guy at the top of the observer roster is always picked to fly in the first AI plane, and so on. Perhaps they could be 'shuffled' in the roster, as the pilots are already.

- When we are injured, WOFF runs 'pseudo missions' (while we are away) to simulate the squadron being in action and not 'in hibernation'. (Very cool!!). Would it make sense to expanded this to run all the time, to simulate the other missions that my squadron would be engaged in?

- I would like to have replacement pilots be a bit less experienced. Currently replacement pilots often come in with quite a few hours and even some kills to their credit so losing an experienced pilot is not really a big deal as his replacement will be just as good.

- Perhaps tweek how the 'endloop' position on patrol frontlines missions is selected. Years ago I am pretty sure OFF would have the 'startloop' and 'endloop' located at frontline units, and the mission would therefore have you fly back and forth along the front. Currently it seems that the 'endloop' is at Waypoint 2, which is just an arbitrary point away from the front, so you end up flying a path towards and away from the front.

#4463464 - 03/01/19 03:46 AM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: 77_Scout]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted by 77_Scout
Originally Posted by Hellshade

I know it will be good stuff, as always Great to see that WOFF continues to get attention even with WOTR occupying what I assume is a sizable amount of the teams time.

Playing in Raine's "Deep Immersion DID" campaign has really reminded me just how great WOFF is. There really is not much I would change at this point, but if I DID have a magic wand and could make a few minor tweeks this is what comes to mind:

- Make AI go home immediately after dropping bombs in a bombing mission, if possible. They currently circle the target for about 5 minutes after the drop, letting flak use our flight for target practice. (or is this historical?)

- Tweek the observer selection algorithm so that the same observers don't keep flying every mission. The poor guy at the top of the observer roster is always picked to fly in the first AI plane, and so on. Perhaps they could be 'shuffled' in the roster, as the pilots are already.

- When we are injured, WOFF runs 'pseudo missions' (while we are away) to simulate the squadron being in action and not 'in hibernation'. (Very cool!!). Would it make sense to expanded this to run all the time, to simulate the other missions that my squadron would be engaged in?

- I would like to have replacement pilots be a bit less experienced. Currently replacement pilots often come in with quite a few hours and even some kills to their credit so losing an experienced pilot is not really a big deal as his replacement will be just as good.

- Perhaps tweek how the 'endloop' position on patrol frontlines missions is selected. Years ago I am pretty sure OFF would have the 'startloop' and 'endloop' located at frontline units, and the mission would therefore have you fly back and forth along the front. Currently it seems that the 'endloop' is at Waypoint 2, which is just an arbitrary point away from the front, so you end up flying a path towards and away from the front.

All can be done (except one) via modifying the campaign xml file either manually or by JJJ's mission editor.

Observer selection doesn't seem to have an option to edit like the pilot.

I've seen summary of missions when time is advanced.

#4463492 - 03/01/19 12:14 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
gaw1 Offline
gaw1  Offline

All good...............YAYYYYYY!

#4463709 - 03/02/19 05:23 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Pics and vids!!! I needs me some pics and vids!!!

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4463819 - 03/03/19 04:04 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
elephant Offline
elephant  Offline

Patras-Greece
yep

WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

#4463847 - 03/03/19 07:40 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
I second Stachel! We need photos or the upgrades didn't happen! biggrin matrix

#4463977 - 03/04/19 07:20 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Unfortunately it's hard to show many of the improvements as they are to do with things like improving AI engagements or targetting etc.
This vid shows a little of the new AI engine sound start ups https://youtu.be/-_w9KWNqj8U

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4463984 - 03/04/19 07:48 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Good stuff!

#4464003 - 03/04/19 11:19 PM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Oooo, that will be so cool. Any chance to have a random airplane stay on the ground due to mechanical problems? You know, engine ticks over and then nothing, nada, zilch. Sorry guys, you have to go on without me.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4464022 - 03/05/19 03:09 AM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
That's fabulous Pol! Music to my ears! Thanks for sharing that! Cheers!

#4464041 - 03/05/19 11:37 AM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
On pins and needles for ANYTHING with the WOFF name in it.

#4464199 - 03/06/19 09:34 AM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Fullofit]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted by Fullofit
Oooo, that will be so cool. Any chance to have a random airplane stay on the ground due to mechanical problems? You know, engine ticks over and then nothing, nada, zilch. Sorry guys, you have to go on without me.

That's already possible as engine failures can occur at any time.

We couild make engines less reliable so it happens more but I think people would get fed up with it too often wink

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4464202 - 03/06/19 09:47 AM Re: With regards to WOFF UE I can confirm... [Re: Hellshade]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
perhaps a choice in settings would work.

reading books shows us that many engine problems did happen and flights could eventually run down to less than 50% before arriving to the lines.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM